/WFG/ - Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer II edition

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch, and Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV(Some of our scans have gone dead and we're building an alternative novel archive for /WFG/. Here is a list of books we're looking for.)

> Warhammer Miniatures/Proxies Alternatives
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Games
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/dwarves-c-212/
imgur.com/a/ZS3C4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Elf. Using glamour to look human.

She looks better with her Y hat though.

To the people complaining about the price of Total Warhammer, consider the price of having a 2000 pts army for 16 factions. The 16 rulebooks and 32000 points of models alone, would cost into 5-digit price range at least.

I didn't even realize they had given her a different model until I went looking; I was actually a bit confused why CA had changed her from the prophetess-style hat to long blonde hair. She should at least have the leaf tiara.

I think it was obvious that she was an elf, but I wish things had been a bit more ambiguous - she could have had predecessors and successors. If Gelt had always been in charge of the College of Magic, it'd be a bit lame.

>still haven't made Chaos 5 factions, 4 cult factions with archaon leading Chaos Undivided
>still haven't added Kislev, Border Princes, not-renaissance Spain and not-renaissance Italy

Its not the same with Gelt.

The Fey Enchantress is publicly known to be The Lady's daughter and champion.
Nobody would think twice if the Head Inquisitor was Sigmar's own son. But the revelation that the bearded man and Sigmar himself were Dwarfs would apparently cause the Empire to go "fuck it" and sit out the end of End Times. Yes I'm still bitter about that.

You may disagree with me on this, but I actually like how it was written out if nothing else. Psychological torment because the thing you thought was the only truth was a lie, and in the end they made the choice to sit things out in order to prove that they had an existence beyond with Lileath tried to manipulate them to.

Was it the ending they deserved? Not at all. But I can respect the idea that there is something essential to the Bretonnian character that wasn't created by some outside force.

Yay, you kept my novel request.

I have an updated one for next thread though.

>video games are comparable to models

>I just like stealing

>le a computer game is what keeps our ded game somewhat relevant

gonna try posting this here as well since idk what thread we're using
how're Wood Elves in 8th ed? I played lizardmen a while back and now woodies have caught my attention.
I heard that WE are garbage tho?

Why haven't you guys switched to AoS yet? They added in points valued, square bases are OK, and there are rules for all of the original WHFB models.

They aren't hot garbage but they aren't HE/VC tier.

Because the rules are shit and the games boring as fuck. I prefer using my minis in Kings of War.

They're alright, about in the middle.

People might get butthurt because their High and Dark cousins are fucking broke.

I dunno.

Its like the Vampire Counts all going "fuck it" because of Nagash.

Yeah, the boss is shit, but the blame lays on them for quitting.

Because this is a Warhammer thread and AoS is not Warhammer.

Works for 40k.

Because all the new minis look terrible to me.

Same reason I don't do Warmahordes basically.

That's on top of the lore being so horrible that it makes me angry that it exists like a terrible Hollywood movie of a video game I loved as a teenager.
But I have picked up X-Wing. Shits fun.

They were mediocre but okayish for Warhammer fans. This was obviously before the days of TW:W, it would probably feel clunky as fuck now.

I actually played it on console, which shows what a pleb I was.

I think that whole thing was fairly based.
Its gotta be mindshattering to know that everything was a lie and you got cucked by pointy eared subhumans.

MoC had a pretty good battle system. The tone was also far more grim. I remember MoC as less interesting than TW:W, but not that forgettable. I think the really advantage of TW:W over MOC is the world map.

In what order would you place each army from best to worst in 8th edition Warhams?
How about 9th Age if you've gotten around to it?

It was probably good on PC. On console there were a lot of limitations in terms of how many regiments could be on the screen at once.

The campaign was really boring, for it just being a literal railroad you can go down. But the tone and atmosphere was on spot.

it wasnt very good but at the time it was okay
I think a lot of the tone comes from the artstyle and endless sepia/redish brown filter over everything
I liked just doing custom battles with a bunch of low level guys going against high tier duders.
The duel system was neat, too

The campaign was just a line of battles, but that was kinda the norm at that time.

This is a debate you'll never win with poor/cheap people.

They'll whine about the old days of getting a "complete" game for $50, conveniently forgetting all the half done bug ridden shit that was passed off to players and never supported.

The attitude of not wanting to support the continued development of a franchise being impossibly ironic in a thread about a killed off game.

You might not remember, but patches were free. Sometimes they were hidden behind an Add-on, sure, but it's not like todays games are always free of bugs anyway and by buying the Add-on you have the full package instead of having to pay extra for blood.

>tfw you find out that a guy quit the fucking game after you beat them a while back

there should be a "because" in there somewhere but I seem to have misplaced it.

If he quit because of that then it was probably for the best.

Unless you were physically beating him, with like a belt or something.

Because crying is a lot more entertaining

No, I just mopped the floor with him using a subpar army and list because I got real lucky in a few phases
I don't know if I should feel bad for the guy or just go full Smug_frog.png

they probably aren't going to add the most of the other human races, but chaos getting their respective factions is rumored to be the next and final expansion. The real tragedy here is that ogres are rumored to be the last DLC of the game.

In T9A everything is pretty balanced. Not really capable of a tier list featuring armies, just things within armies.

For 8e
>God Tier
High Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Vampire Counts, Skaven
>High Tier
Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms
>Mid Tier
Empire, Daemons, Wood Elves
>Low Tier
Tomb Kings, Orcs & Goblins
>Shit Tier
Bretonnia, Beastmen

I'll pay extra for blood when I'm getting the main game on sale and it ends up full price.

Use your head.

> be a thread on Veeky Forums
> Only way to stay noticed on board is to use a /v/ image, as it is the only thing keeping your dead game alive
> living with the knowledge that the /v/ version is infinitely superior to the Veeky Forums
What a sad sad general. Merge with /alt/ wargames when? Isn't that where we put dead games?

'>As hard as steel
Though never seen breaking?
Made to last
Though never through making?’ - Strigany Riddle

Whats the answer? Reading Ancient blood right now and I saw this at chapter six

I think you're posting in the wrong thread, you want TES General.

Don't be mad, maybe AoS will get a good video game in thirty years too.

You're acting like we can't talk about the wargame or model stuff, or just lore in general.

Dwarfs.

I'm looking at the core rulebook for WHFRP and it shows me that the side affects of using Dark Magic are really nasty. Are the Dark Magic spells really useful enough to justify this? It comes across as people only using Dark Magic out of ignorance. Are the Dark Magic spells comparatively strong enough compared to regular spells to justify the risk of side affects?

Are there any good WF novels?

Yes.
Most of them in fact, the "worst" are just mediocre.

End Times was actually the low point of writing.

Yeah quite a few.

There was a lot less bloat than 40K so people who wanted to write them often did. Rather than GW drafting people like C. S. Goto in to write tie-ins to make a quick profit off some new release.

Due to being an attention whoring faggot, I have made this homebrew regarding equipment in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition and have shilled it in two previous Generals, fishing for constructive criticism. As I have nothing better to do, I'm doing it again.

Ral Partha released some Dwarfs if anyone is interested.

In the old style.

ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/dwarves-c-212/

Well, that's good to hear, but still, what would you suggest as decent entry level reading?
My knowledge of FB is basically limited to what I got out of Vermintide, 1d4chan and very, very faint memories of Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat.

This game is as ded as OP's love life.

Have a pity bump.

Is the Katana armour-piercing as a joke?

Partly that and partly for balance. The vanilla one has a damage of SB+1 which I've replaced with Defensive and Armor Piercing.

It's never a joke when we're talking about glorious Nippon steel that can cut through other swords and full plate armour... but wait there's more... if you act now you'll also get the vegetable attachment that does carrots and onions in no time.

I like Gotrek and Felix. Good old adventure stories with likable characters and no assumption of prior knowledge.

Might as well share something cool I got linked in /twg/, since it's mostly fluff and game rules.

imgur.com/a/ZS3C4

I remember first reading Gotrek and Felix with only a vague, hazy knowledge of WFB a few years back. There was a scene where they were in a bar and I kept having to look up Estalia and Tilea, not knowing they were ethnicities. I assumed the Border Princes were somewhere near where Slyvania should be, for some reason. I assumed that Beastmen and Chaos Warriors got together like chums, and didn't really have a sense of what was so important about the Slayer oath. I was confused by Middenheim being so distinct from the rest of the Empire for some reason.

It was kind of odd to read it closer to today, where I knew a lot more about the lore and was more genuinely interested in the setting. All this stuff that I couldn't quite understand before opened up to me.

You wouldn't happen to be currently running a Warhammer Fantasy 2nd edition game online would you? I'm looking to get into it...

>Good old adventure stories
Damn man, I was half expecting to be told off and search the pastebins and there you come scratch not just my WF itch in general, but the specific genre itch I had in particular.

Many thanks.

Yeah I'm planning on re-reading them soon. I only read the first two omnibuses and while I was waiting for the 9th book and the 3rd omnibus I kind of forgot about them.

King's definitely one of the better writers in BL though, he's actually had his own career.

Were you wrong about the BP and Sylvania though? Akendorf is just a short trek from Schwartzhofen.

Which reminds me, why isn't there a deeper relationship between the Dwarfs and BP than the Dwarfs and the Empire? I would expect as their closest neighbors and the other major regional power with a low opinion of Greenskins that they would have something deeper going on.

Warhammer 8th and 9th will never (and it pains me to say...) take over AOS or even match it, but i just hope we can keep it viable enough to atleast still register that there is a fan base for them...

I don't care if that's interest in the Total War game, or 9th edition support, whatever it takes to let GW know we still have interest!

Not right now. I'm currently in a FATE campaign where I'm not the GM. Once that one finishes, I'll try to run a game online with the group. It'll be set in the Monster Girl Encyclopedia universe.

lol Monster girl what? Are you going to run a warhammer fantasy 2nd edition after your FATE campaign?

All evidence (which isn't saying much) suggests AoS is doing about as well as Fantasy did in 8th edition.

Take that as it is.

Well, what I mean is 8th isn't becoming any more popular, so it won't at this point ever over take AOS... I'd love to see AOS crash and burn and have GW re-embrace the Old World (and dump their resources from the LOTR and Hobbit lines into Warhammer Fantasy... but..I don't think it'll ever happen. :(

>>God Tier
>Skaven
Explain yourself

I remember the Border Princes being considered a good thing by Dwarves due to driving out the Orcs and Goblins that once lived there; it earned the Bretonnians who first conquered the place a few brownie points, at least. But the Border Princes are a bunch of destabilized petty kingdoms, remember.

Then why do those yellow fucks always end up becoming one of the world superpowers in my campaigns?

I'm not so sure, there were 4 9th Age tournaments at Adeptacon and 4 AoS tournaments.

At most other events there's usually more 'fantasy' games.

AoS probably makes them a lot more money than 8th did though.

Because CA had to cut corners instead of making hundreds of little states, most of which are no larger than a village and don't have much fluff or names anyway.

Anecdotal evidence that I've heard is that it's doing fine, but that yearly GW growth doesn't imply anything amazing. Either way it'll take more time to see how big it grows.

As an IP though I don't think it will have the same leverage of WHFB or 40k.

>Barely played TWWH 1 because no Skaven
>Sit down for this trailer
>Chant SKAVEN and bounce up and down as I watch
>I don't care about gay pepes, give me Skavenn
>I don't care about these Elven fags, give me Skaven
>Fast-forward through most of the parts as I don't care, just want to see Skaven
>The battle scene ends and the title logo comes out
>I think there's no skaven
>In a autistic rage I REEEE and throw my computer down
>Kick my baby brother across the room
>Beat up mommy and knock her unconscious
>I find out later there was Skaven if I waited towards the end
>Sit back down and browse Veeky Forums
>mommy is still not moving

Because it's not our cup of tea.

I, for one, prefer Kings of War, 9th Age and One Page Rules.

Yikes is that a star dragon? Better be actually balanced this time.

I don't know.

Oh wait, cause it's a childish and completely shit attempt to dumb down the game. It's basically what D&D 4th edition was.

You'll have to wait until E4. ie, Electronic-Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Which 1PR are you using?

>beastmen
>shit tier

You never played them in 8e then.

Are bretonnians not an option in WFRP 3e? Just flipped through the player's handbook and couldn't find anything about them.

i use beasts and they have some problems with some of the armies, but are not as shit as you think. If someone hasn't played vs them a ton they will feel like they have been punched in the fucking mouth after a game with them.

>3e
why?

Man, play Mythras and just convert the WFRP shit. WFRP's system was just a bad Runequest hack in the first place.

idk I'm just now getting in to it, I figured I would go with the latest edition

You've made a mistake I'm afraid.

To piggyback on this user's post, where can I actually buy physical copies of WHF books? I've googled a lot and don't really get anything satisfactory.

Brets are only playable in 2e, with the Knights of the Grail book.

No shop will sell them since they were either 1) recalled and pulped if they owned enough or 2) Fantasy fans bought them because they knew there would be no more.

Now there is only the 'second hand' market, but many are in near perfect condition and you can still get them shrink-wrapped if you're willing to pay double price.

I started Fantasy about a year after AoS came out and all my books came from eBay.

I'm curious - why did you start so late? Did you just not know about WFB beforehand?

I was always more of a 40K fan and when AoS was on the horizon I thought about getting back into it. I didn't like where 40K was going. I didn't believe all the rumours and so I was pretty shocked when I saw AoS. It made me remember how much better Fantasy was so I just started with 8th.

Now most people near me play 9th Age.

Nice, thanks.

Depends on wgat faction you want to read about most.

Unlike 40k, spotlight is shared.

Yeah, AoS is where 40k is going.

Do you think if we play nice and buy the shiny 'sequel' they'll give us Tomb Kings in a nice send off in DLC or 'Total War: Warhammer 3'?

Well the Squats have rocked up in AoS
TK's will probably be released as DLC for 2 as the Southlands will be one of the places the game is adding alongside Lustria, Naggaroth and Ulthuan.

Never got into WFB, but because of the Total War game I want to buy some minis. Is there a guide somewhere on the minis themselves and how the casting changed over the years? There seems to be a huge disparity in detail between what I assume are older models and newer models.

I found some on Craigslist that are the army I want, but I'm not sure about the quality.

The quality is less noticeable than you think.

I have 5th edition Elf archers which are from 1992 and when painted well most people think they look better than the latest ones.

Post an image if you want.

GW still uses WHFB models for AoS. The Seraphon for instance use most of if not all the Lizardmen models from 8th. They don't use the square bases anymore however.

Most of the pictures are awfully blurry (of course, it's Craigslist) but this is the whole army.

Whoops I meant 4th edition.

Anyway, those Dwarfs are from the 7th edition starter set which came out in 2006.

They're pretty much indistinguishable from the current models since they were actually released after them.

The only difference is that they're one piece of plastic and mono-pose but to be honest Dwarf Warriors were never exactly the most dynamic kit.