Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Orks are sexy edition

previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for the Ordo Xenos, suffer not the alien to live

Xth for Tau!

Where were you when Orks could have saved Cadia?

Building dark eldar models out of spare bits, models I'll never use like kabalites with a dark lance and wytches with agonisers and blade flails.

To be fair a 5 man squad with a lance is 60 points, that's not bad for an obsec objective holder.

Still looking for some people to shit on this list

That much grav is gonna get you called a WAACfaggot.

Otherwise, who is your warlord?

>To be fair a 5 man squad with a lance is 60 points, that's not bad for an obsec objective holder.
its also not allowed

First for Yvraine the New queen of the Imperium of Man

Claimed for the Crimson King!

DOUBLE TZEENTCH PO-PO-PO-PO PO-PO-POWER!

Oh right, we're not space marines, I'd have to make them trueborn who are shit.
Right?

help anons. looking for a deathwatch tyranid invasion apk since it's not on the google play store anymore. google fu is weak.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make one of my peltast alpha my warlord unless if I want to hide my tiny 5 man vanguard squad behind a wall of cover and have my warlord there.
>WAACfaggot
But it's all in one squad, whatever it shoots at WILL die but only a target at a time

>680 points sunk in to a giant grav squad
I... Don't comprehend?
Are you expecting gatgantuians?

Show me your the most try-hard cheese army list!

Kickass drawings mate.

I used to ally both until I expanded my Tau into its own army. I just fluffed it as the Overlord taking an interest in studying them, like a pet. The Tau Commander extends the olive branch but is refused, although the Overlord helps them repel invaders due to a sense of ownership.

Both are extremely honourable to a fault. This spills over to their relationship, where they try to out-polite each other.

I don't know how they're run to be completely honest, sorry.

More like Queen of THICCness.

I know, and you can try to tell your opponent that, but 72 grav shots is... a lot. At that point you're already getting called waac, so may as well split those and have 2 squads.

I don't take grav on principle, but each to his own.

I was gonna suggest you max out a squad of vanguard, take the plasma calivers instead and enjoy 9 shots of plasma with rerolls 1s.

more expensive
no objective secured
not a troop choice

but they can take 2 lances per 5

>1 point over
>12 marker drones w/o Drone Controllers for an 1850 army

All those marker drones should put out about 4 tokens per turn, enough for two units to fire at BS3. Your Burning Eyes, kroot, two units of FW, and Keel all will be wanting those MLs.

Better?

Laid out most of my painted orks! paint like shit, but am proud of the army anyway, full of konversions and kitbash!

Fire at BS5*

6 per turn. They're all bs 3
Also the 1 point over is because this stupid list maker gives the Shaper sniper rounds.
Should both gun squads be markers as well? Is that what you're saying?

When the fuck are we getting official art of Daemon Prince Perturabo?

8e spoilers fuckin when

Better. Like I said, when people see grav they'll go full waac and not feel bad about it, so at that point you may as well min max.

If you're married to having an ap as your warlord, how are you gonna prevent him from getting dsed?

>Lizardmen and Skaven well never enter 40k
Why even live?

I CAN HEAR ALL THE COLORS OF SCREAMING CHILDREN LAUGHTER.

dsed? As in Deep Striked?
I had thought about swapping the astropaths for Coteaz and throwing him in the peltasts for some delicious overwatch and initiative rerolling but I think the divination psykers for the kataphron would be better?

the inquisitor's job is to hide completely out of line of sight and hopefully not die before some reserves arrive

Sounds like you're pretty focused on offense, sticking the aps in with the destroyers isn't a bad idea, and your dominus is decent for tanking non id shots.

>That shitty fucking feel when your badass HQ or special character gets ID'd
Is there a shittier feel?

Ah, forgot about the BS bonus from that formation, that definitely helps. That's enough to provide ML support for three units at a time, with 5 or 6 units that want it, which should probably suffice, though I personally would lean towards swapping maybe one of those gun squads with MLs.

Is this intended for more casual games? At 1850, the complete lack of Riptides and Broadsides is a bit strange.

When it happens from something as innocuous as a lascannon.

Getting clubbed to death by Conscripts.

>spending hours painting your dudes, coming up with lists and strategies, only to have a tau player remove half your list by turn 2.

>Take Blood angels Gene-seed for Black rage
>Use Exorcists method of putting daemons in recruits to let them resist future possession
>Set them up like Black Templars with unshakable faith and devotion to the Emperor and no upward chapter limit

Why didn't the inquisition do this as their anti-chaos strategy instead of something as expensive as an all-psyker chapter in the grey knights? You could even still have a company's worth of actual librarians to provide proper psychic support and defense as well.

>>Take Blood angels Gene-seed for Black rage

This is fucking retarded. You don't WANT the Black Rage unless you can guarantee each marine is as strong of will as Mephiston and will master it.

You can literally recruit from other places to get marines that are nearly as powerful and just as bloodthirsty as a DC marine.

It's not about them being bloodthirsty. Blood angels with the black rage literally believe they're Sangunious fighting horus. It gives the chapter am instinctual hatred towards Chaos as a whole.

There's a reason the Knights of Blood have done so well for themselves as renegade without falling

>make uncontrollable delusional marines or risk permanent possession in exchange for non-guaranteed immunity instead of just straight up Chaos-immune GK

Why do you think this is a better idea than GK again?

Well to fit in my broadsides I would have had to cut all 3 troop choices down to minimum, and I kind of like fat troop blocks. And I don't actually own a riptide or I would probably run one at anywhere higher than 1250-1500. And in my group, all games are casual games. It's a lot less fun when it turns into an arms race where we have to buy new models just to compete with eachother

>Why didn't the inquisition do this as their anti-chaos strategy instead of something as expensive as an all-psyker chapter in the grey knights?
because the exorcists aren't actually as capable of killing daemonic hordes as the grey knights

Anyways, guilliman's answer to daemons was to just get the silent sisters back in action en masse. The daemon cannot attack you if you disable the warp.

Are Tyranids still shitty? If so, then I'll leave.

Because for every 1 Grey knight you can manage to gear up a fiction of these guys. Risking possession doesn't matter when it's a scout you blam afterwards if they don't manage it. Also, having your marines go crazy with lust to destroy chaos is better than the reverse.

Also, far less mary-sue than incorruptible Psykers because reasons

yes

but a new edition coming soon so mebbe not for long

>Can get upwards of 240 points, there is also a recently released named Character of the same rank that is also susceptible to ID
>Can get a different character with EW for 5 more points

Who am I?

Hint is in the picture.

Ahriman/ExSorc/Abaddon?

grey knight cm dude?

Lovely, I may stay to see if 8th edition actually makes them good again (if I'm right, they were good in 2e to 4e/5e). I want to get into 40K and I've got a buddy is willing to give me his Tyranid army for free if he can't sell it, since I showed interest. Sadly, I think he's got a seller and if I'm going to be assblasted and lose constantly, then maybe it's for best

Now what 3 units are they?

That's all the more reason to use a non-psyker defense. Then this chapter can be backed up by blank assassins without all imploding

generic lesser master
grandmaster whatever from the guilliman box
loldor gaigo

Ding ding ding.

the T H I C C E S T of them all

going to need a psychic spork at some point in time, and the grey knights are the best psychic spork there is

exorcists are just space marines who are marginally better at fighting daemons (but not that much better, since the first founding all routinely embarrass the daemonic as well)

At least you're not stuck with a 5++.

Yeah, but then you take the Exorcist's idea, then add on to it with a more anti-chaos Gene-seed and anti-heretic temperament. Then you go for sheer numbers, but don't restrict librarians.

Would you rather have 1000 grey knights, or 5000 of these guys, with several hundred Psykers among them, as well as Cullexus for Blank support since they can actually hang out with the non-psyker portions.

If you want to run a massive gunline army supported by drones, your list looks totally fine. In more competitive settings, you'd probably want to trim down the Fire Warriors to make room for something like a Firebase Support Cadre.

Well the thing is without Coteaz getting first turn would be a bit more difficult and the offensive elements of my list could be half gone by the top of my shooting phase. I could drop pod a unit of castellans assuring some make it on the table but it takes away some target saturation.

>Then you go for sheer numbers, but don't restrict librarians.
But those librarians are worse than the grey knights, and inducting mass amounts of dudes at once is why the heresy happened.

Quality over quantity, man.

>castellans
I mean kataphron

Black Rage is a degenerative neurological problem that will eventually leave them uncontrollable and incapable of telling friend from foe.

>orks
>not green
zog off

wtf you on, they all greenskinned

Tell me /40kg/, how shit are Genestealer Cults?

So a question for all the WYSIWYG fags.
Im building a tyranid trygon/mawloc atm.
i've magetized the heads/maws and the tails, would leaving the big scything talons on a mawloc be ok? i dont want to magnetize those and i think its looks cooler with the big ones.

Boy, not a single person who does not play nids knows what a single one of those fucking bits does. You can glue dollar store googly eyes to the models and make rules up for it, and as long as those rules still end up sucking people will believe what you're saying. Make em how you like em.

This is true for all non-Imperial races. The only shit people recognize for WYSIWYG is Imperial or if they play the xenos army too.

Tau is kind of recognizable since it's cylinders for plasma, rectangles for fusion, gatlings for burst, and boxes for missiles.

Can non-Eldar players identify Eldar guns? It's all the same fucking shit!

I remember having to learn all the Dark Eldar weaponry after being coddled by Marines tech.

>looted lee

My nigga

I'll tell you a super fun one is playing AdMech. No one knows what any of my shit does.

I don't think even Eldar players can identify eldar guns

>enough of the original hull left to tell what it is
>but enough orky bits that it's not just a lee with glyph plates glued on

justright.jpg

Ha, good point. Even i dont know what half these bits do. Thanks!

>Citadel War-ter
>One and a half thin coats

Duncan is this shilling or what I don't know.

What is it like to have your lord and savior suddenly attempt Jew tactics?

Did you even bother to look at the date?

...I'm a fucking moron.

C'mon, user, I know you're better than that. I believe in you.

Alright, look like the 100 pts limit (200 if use VP) per game for recruit/re-arm your dude in SW:A is true.

RIP Nid player, gun-beast cost 225, and the fucking gun are like 150 points. Better spend all your 1k on these guys.

today hasn't been a fun day.

I spent the last hours with my dad before he died.

>Nids are know for being limitless and having endless resources
>Can't send in an extra warrior or two to join a brood and replace a dead one

At the very least, the living ones do get all their wounds back, right?

>ork rules not included in the armageddon list

I know theyre in the starter but fucking come on

If you are going with a cataphractii + librarius deathball, is it worth going for a LR or just footslogging and relying on veil/invis?

What's your overall goal in terms of competitiveness?

well bikes are better anyway so no.

sure you can't get tigger on a bike but you can always stick him in a squad pod and dump your other mooks into the deathstar. It'll be better off once you get in range anyway.

For cataphractii deathballing?

i like the models and want to use my librarians.

I'd like to not get tabled on turn 2, after that anything goes

Although being able to modify it to handle WAAC players would be nice.

I'm trying to do 1250 poitns

Might be better to deep strike them if you can

I play imperial fists, so I don't think I have access to "tigger" whoever that is

Cataphractii is better for abusing SnP with Devastators. White Scars for the ignore cover relic and add a librarian to give them prescience.

Unfortunately against a WAAC player that isn't an option - you are taking a sub optimal choice so it is exploitable. At 1250 I would be extremely hesitant to invest more in that unit with a LR than you already have - I MIGHT deepstrike them? Even that overall it isn't going to do well.

You have access to Tigirius. You only lose Chapter Tactics if you mix units from other formations in your squad. And since you don't care about Bolter Drills or Building Damage in your command deathball, it doesn't matter.

Fair enough, this is the list I was toying around with.

I have no idea what a WAAC list for IF will look like at 1250 points

I didn't know that, is he a good librarian model I take it?

I really like cataphractii from 30k, and I want to use librarians, so I am trying to make it work.

I could just go full gravcents and grav bikes, but that seems lame

I think so, but with the limit it's impossible to recruit even a New-born without expense the Promethium Cache (VP), might as well use it to call the Spec-op. They're also Large so enemies have +1 to hit when shooting at them.

So, I'm late to things, how much do we know about the rules for Shadow War Armageddon so far? I assume starting teams are 1000 pts, any other rules besides that I need to know? I'm going to be working on my Genestealer Cult list, and want to throw a few lists together as soon as I can.

I am open to replacing these terminators with something, and moving the lib to a bike. I just don't know what would be a good replacement.

Assmarines aren't good, filling out more tacticals doesn't seem good, I don't have an aegis line to park any devastators in...

I have a haemotrope reactor for plasma devs, but I haven't painted it yet.

He's ML3 and can reroll his powers. He's got no bells and whistles but you can take him in a Conclave. Like I said, drop him with whatever Cataphractii captain you want in the Dev pod and let loose the rape.

Read the Necromunda rules. Should give you a decent idea.