Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1420: Bee Yourself Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/AbusingTheKardashevScaleForFunAndProfit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was the most random or evil thing you did in a jump?

What are some good examples of inspiration for Mystical Beings in Generic Xianxia?

All I can come up with are Chinese kitsune and Celestial Bureaucracy gods.

Goddammit OP.

So Jumpers, what sort of ridiculously overpowered moves and techniques do you have? Have you ever gone all out with a move just to impress whoever might be watching and to intimidate whoever was unlucky enough to be on the receiving end?

Jumpers! Where do you rate on the Kardashev scale?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/AbusingTheKardashevScaleForFunAndProfit

>Celestial Bureaucracy Gods
There are several hundred if not several thousand of these, you shouldn't have a problem with inspiration taking from them

I suppose it depends on my mood. Like most other jumpers, if I am in the appropriate mood, I skip straight to four.

Couple questions about the Microverse Battery from Rick and Morty:

How much energy does it put out at once?

And I'm assuming it couldn't be fully copied by something like Cheat Mode because it works based off of siphoning energy from living beings inside of it?

Speaking of, what are the beings inside like how many are there? And is the universe the same size as a normal one, on a relative scale?

How do people "skip straight to" on par with the fucking Time Lords at the height of their power?

My issues mostly come from the fact that they're really close to super powers in a world that's mundane apart from talking bees. The human capstone isn't that bad, I guess, but you mentioning the drop-in and bee capstone working on a global level seems like it would get crazy really fast, especially the drop-in capstone. Like, for the bees, I don't think it makes much sense to be able to command bees on the other side of the planet. And for the drop-in ability, there are six billion people on Earth, there have to be a pretty decent number of people saying "jumper" at any point in time just due to how many people there are.

I think the Bee capstone would be okay if it was just ordering around bees who could, you know, hear you order them around, but I think a speed boost when people say a specific word is too superpower-y for my taste.

That's just my opinion though, I think superpowers don't fit the setting. Do whatever you think is right though.

Most random thing is use magic to make every flat chest in the world busty. Most evil thing I've ever done is become God Emperor of the world of Code Geass.

>Speaking of, what are the beings inside like how many are there?
And how many are there?

God-tier in Sburb with god-tier companions with the ability to merge together into a single entity at will, mostly.

God Tier makes you bullshit enough to permanently rewrite laws of physics on a universal scale and casually cause big bangs?

Because holy shit, I may have severely understestimated that jump's power level.

Pretty sure that's only Master class.

I'm around a solid Type II due to me being pretty much a star in human form with all of the literal firepower I can bring to bear. I'm a living fusion/fission reactor.

I let an entire kingdom be destroyed and allowed countless people to die just so I could steal a magic sword.

The microverse batter is both awesome and incredibly stupid. It basically works by forcing an entire planetary civilization to do step aerobics to generate energy.

It's only purspose is to power Rick's starship, a small ufo-like thing capable of, what can only be assumed, Futurama levels of FTL, and it also uses some fairly powerful energy weapons.

excalibur

First, the Time-Lords are Type V at the height of their power. Secondly, Type Four "merely" requires that you can manipulate energy on the scale of the observable universe, and as such doesn't really account for a lot of capabilities that would give a significant edge. Like, you know, time travel. You're not competing with the Time-Lords, though, you're trying to reach a finite level of energy control, so the comparison is irrelevant..

Invisible from Death Note, to be completely undetectable to normal humans.

Satori from Samurai Deeper Kyo, to be able to react to and understand the intentions of my "user".

Some form of possession, to hide within someone's body.

Obviously, I need something to link my senses to another, but what else do I need to pretend to be another person's Stand?

After updating the jump I realized how useful this thing would be, and how it was to steal.

Solid Type IV.

There's a Drop-In perk straight-up in Inside-Out which will do wonders with this.

Thanks.

What do it do?

I still don't understand. What can God-Tiers actually /do/? What are canon examples? The jump doesn't make them sound very impressive.

The Tiangou, a magic dog that lives in the sky and tries to eat the sun. It might be too big for the intended type of creature, they grow pretty large.

A special ability of some kind. Also, some kind of ghostly form. I'd suggest Primordial Ghost from Justice League Dark, personally. Then grab some kind of power to be your Stand ability.

>God-Tiers
How should I know? I'm a Solid Type IV via Sailor Moon nonsense, combined with Set's Eye and other magic boosters.

Solid Type 3 with my individual cells being microverses, Compression giving me more internal space + cells to work with, my nine world-souls and one of my Third-Circle Demons + his Second-Circles.

In all likelihood I'm actually NOT in this level, but that's the best kind of guess I can make seeing as I am shit at math.

Depends on the class.

If you just want to quantify raw power, moon-level destructive power is a safe bet since Sburb planets may or may not be equal to normal planets in size and we see regular God Tier players do seemingly planerary stuff with them.

Master Classes (Lord and Muse) go straight to universal-level stuff, and are effectively every Active or Passive class stuffed into one person+a fuckton of raw power, which is probably why Crux thought he could just fuse his way into matching them.

Planetaryish in scope near the beginning. After training who the fuck knows?

Aside from the standard "Indestructible and super sharp", it can also fire energy blasts, create a suit of magitech armor for the user, and turn into a duel bladed sword once you have one of the power gems.

The creators were likely going to reveal that acquiring all the gems and combining them the sword would grant the user "ultimate power" but the show was canceled before that so we'll never know.

Jumpchain > Jump Chain

Fight me.

I'm fairly certain every single time it came up, the jump's creator clarified they were not fully sized planets and were in fact very small. I remember because it came up over and over again since powerlevels were lower back then.

>BLADE's approach to Wind Waker was decidedly weird and odd.
Missed the last couple of threads, saw this. Explain.

He said that they MIGHT not have been fully sized. And his reasoning for that was the artist using inconsistent scales. If he emphasized the 'smaller' bit, it was probably to ward away limitwankers. The planets in Homestuck could be the size of Jupiter on average for all we know.

Blade, now is not the time to start a beef man.

Every single time the power discussion came up, it was indicated they were smaller. It was not 'they might be smaller, I'm not committing to that', it was responding to people bringing up examples of stuff by saying the planets were much smaller and were not actual planets.

Keep diggin that hole, soon enough we'll be able to just drive you off entirely.

Blade likes to ask for people to hit him.

It's not beef. It's just funky and I want to know what I means.

To be fair, I'm also remember some time this tornado feat or something came up and Mardukth (Was it him who made it?) did say something about the tornado not being the size of a planet or anything like that.

There is a class in Bravely default called guardian that effectivley makes you a stand light all on it's own.
You might want to invest in it to get some wider coverage.

>stealing a sword made out of the deaths of an entire solar system worth of people
Bruh. I'm pretty sure just being in the same room as that thing is an evil act.

rude

I don't think I've ever seen you make a jump that hasn't been weird in one way or another, whether that weird is jumpmaker drama weird or design choice weird.

Just 1? I thought it was a galaxy. Also the sword of omens is made of the same metal just leftovers.

Well he mentioned something about how you did the racial choices being wierd to him.
I couldn't really answer for him, but it just seemed like opinions to me.

Most evil thing I've done is release Kamen Rider Chronicle in Marvel Comics and have fun watching people kill each other.

Most random thing I've done is figure out how to literally juggle planets. It's actually surprisingly hard despite being strong enough to destroy planets. Soft Physics from Worm helped with that.

I have a super powerful spell. It's the most powerful spell in my arsenal, and to date it is the most costly spell, in that that can burn through a full two and thirds quarters of my total energy. I have spent nearly a thousand years developing it and reducing it from the energy that was even required to initially cast it, let alone maintain it. Developing it started out as a simple hobby and possible emergency button, during the Tales of Phantasia jump, but then I started to put serious work into it.

To activate it, only one word is "ENOUGH."

The "ENOUGH." spell isn't really a spell meant for attacking, but it puts up a nearly indestructible (Gilgamesh's Ea could easily shatter it like it was paper, for example) forcefield between me and my attackers, and another forcefield around everyone sentient (including me) or anything that could be ordered to attack us in the room.

It moves with the person and doesn't restrict them, but they can't cast any spells or swing swords or any of that combat crap.

It's an emergency spell because

>Can burn through 2/3rds of my energy, leaving me pretty depleted of energy and I might not even have the energy to cast if I was fighting before
>Can STILL be shattered with enough force, it just happens to be really strong.

According to the wiki Mumm Ra just collapsed a star and everything in the surrounding area to get the materials.
I don't remember it being a whole galaxy, but that would be some fucked up shit if it was.

>nearly indestructible
>Gilgamesh's Ea could easily shatter it like it was paper,
>nearly indestructible
>Ea shatters it like paper
Okay, sure.

Paper doesn't shatter, user. So shattering like paper means nothing happens.

I tortured an executive by terrorizing him by letting him know I was coming and giving him a last flash of hope that he could survive by letting him scramble in his helicopter before I mercilessly slaughtered him during the Captain Planet jump.

...The Planeteers didn't like that.

I did it because I wanted to know how it felt to be pointlessly evil. I didn't like it.

Eh, if it's old enough it can crumble, and if it's cold enough it can shatter.

They showed a galaxy being destroyed, and I believe they said galaxy twice, but they also switched to saying solar system several times. So either it was an extremely sparsely populated galaxy or one of the writers/artists fucked.

I have a habit of living with the protagonist or main antagonist of a setting. And then I refuse to leave. And eat out of their fridge. And leave cat hairs all over the furniture. I also regularly conduct my magical experiments in their living room.

Man, you should have seen the look on Nepgear's face when her entire bedroom changed into a pocket of Deep Wyld.

Okay, I admit that was weird wording on my part. What I was trying to say is that enough force could break it, it would just take a lot and it typically falls outside the force my jumper usually encounters.

No like, metaphysical "concept of perfect defense" or fancy tricks here, it is literally just a very, very powerful magical forcefield.

Posting perk for the Konatanon as I get the feeling this one'd be perfect.

Out In The Fields (400 CP - Discounted Druid): Druids do their work in the deepest wilds and furthest reaches - learning and working far from civilization. Where the Wild Gods and their children can be found in harmony with the world around them is most often where your orders can be found. So it is that you find yourself more at home out there - the more you spend out in the wild places of the world, far from civilization, the more you’ll find your skill, competency, and your ability to learn and retain knowledge will increase.
This effect will reset itself each time you find yourself in contact with civilization, be it a bustling city or small town. The sleepy villages and hamlets found far, far out in the wilderness will merely halve your current progress from where it was previously. Let the wilds into your heart, and you will be capable of a great many things.

tl;dr Being a NEET / recluse comes with benefits now.

Okay going back in my hole. See you later.

>the more you spend out in the wild places of the world

Does it cap out or continually increase with more time spent in the wilds with no limits?

Don't get salty at me pointing this out, I just don't want to have another situation where we have a vague perk with you gone and not here to rule on it

Still deciding on that one, and currently racking my brains for how to possibly word it.

Doesn't the Konatanon tend to lurk in the depths of vast laboratories / research facilities / pillow fortresses? I don't think that perk'd apply.

Fair enough. Perhaps base it less on the amount of time you spend in the wild and more on the percent of time? If you spend all your time in the wild, you get the full benefit, but only spending some would see you get much less out of it. And so instead of it resetting when you go to civilisation, you could either just have the drawback be lessening the boost overall or you could have it be that it takes a bit of time before it normalises again.

It took you 120 years... to develop a spell that can be popped by Ea?

You...realise Ea isn't some minor thing right? Especially when the magic he said he was using was from the Tales series, which only ever goes beyond very low level stuff in their gigantic, biggest artefacts?

Changelog:

-Jumpchain, But Every Time They Say Jumper It Goes Faster has been changed to hearing someone say jumper/your name to get the speed boost

-God-Emperor of Beekind changed from global range to covering the area of a huge city (think New York City+)

-Added a few more notes

Solid Type II, though Kardeshev is only on power consumption. If I was to concentrate on populating the galaxy we could probably get it to borderline III and if I was given a century or more we'd be at Solid Type IV+

I think you have that backwards heretic

>You...realise Ea isn't some minor thing right
No, but it's weak enough to the point where a Shirou-powered Excaliblast manages to resist it for more than a moment. And it wasn't just Tales magic, she said she started working on it there; and considering it was meant as an emergency contingency, she likely would have at least used better magic.

RIP ludicrous speeds.

Are you a retarded person? Ea at not quite max power tears a gaping hole in space time. You'd need to have something be actually indestructible + serious conceptual defenses to fully withstand that thing. Like some kind of metaversal adamantium.

Aww, how cute. But it's wrong.

You could have at least brought the cat hair brush and a vaccuum to clean up you bastard

I agree, actually, you're doing god's work. I just have the image and wanted to use it.

Nah, you just need another space-time warping thing countering it. Plenty of jumps have the tech to warp space. The solution to attacks based in warped space are defenses based in warped space, just like how the solution to attacks based in mass-energy are defenses based in mass-energy. This isn't complicated.

I get you, man. There are some images that I really want to use, but there's no situation where they really fit.

Do you really need to ask the question in that picture's title? They're dicks, user. Vanilla creme pops are a stand-in for dicks. They're cylinders that drip a thick white fluid while you lick them.

>Whenever you hear someone says “jumper”
Say "jumper"

She should have plenty of "serious conceptual defenses" by now, user.

It's a joke, user. The imagery is blatantly sexual (hell, look at the popsicle, it actually looks like a dick), so the file name is completely missing the point for the sake of the joke.

I see you passed lit 101 but neglected to pick up some of the more obvious points of comedy. But keep trying and you'll get there some day.

Jumper.

Meh.

Whoops, I'll fix that when I upload to the drive. Thanks for pointing that out.

I know. I just don't think it's a particularly funny one, so decided to ruin it.

Swiggty Swooty
I'm coming for that booty

>I don't find a joke funny
>So I'm going to ruin it
Why not just ignore it.

Because I am a black hole of fun, user. And as any physicist can tell you, black holes eventually evaporate if they don't continue to suck things in. I refuse to sublimate into Hawking radiation.

They especially seem to like it because it's technically something innocent, so they can get away with having some girl basically deepthroat the thing without being some lewd slut.

I actually don't. That's a big hole in my magic. For all my magical strength, I don't quite have the strength nor capability for "conceptual defenses" yet. (I consider that stuff to be very high end with magic, personally.) That will change after I deal with the JUMPER drawback from fate/stay night, because I've been holding myself back just to deal with them and survive for character development reasons.

If I did have access to conceptual stuff you'd bet I'd be using it in my "ENOUGH." spell, but I don't.

I helped Pallad complete Kamen Rider Chronicle because I took MVP and part of me wanted nothing more than to fight and win even without the drawback. It was a complicated relationship, since I was often struggling against Pallad for the same motivations he was struggling against the other Riders. But I feel like it was a relationship he enjoyed. It helps I was able to bribe Tsukuru into helping me make a Level 50 Dual Gashat for Gekitotsu Robots/Jet Combat, meaning I was able to give him a consistently good fight before Dan lost Taddle Fantasy/Bang Bang Simulations.

Did you retcon your chain or something so you didn't take Hero BBS as your second jump?

>Not getting a talking sword waifu at the first opportunity to carry with you into battle

Why would you do this?

Guys...what happens when you're super overprotective of someone who's supposed to fight for you? because I'm super overprotective of my Servant right now in Fate/Zero.

I mean, it's not like I doubt they can protect themselves obviously, but every time they get hurt I get SO ANGRY.

>this post

...when did Shirou become a Jumper?

I didn't.

It's just that none of the magic systems I studied used that sort of stuff because at that time I didn't want to screw up with that stuff and get really bad consequences. That was my very first jump where I started to learn magic. I would have disappointed the Sage if I did that...can't disappoint the guy I look up to. Also the potential disasters that could erupt if I screwed up.
so I didn't learn any systems that could use concepts, just to be safe.