Confess your gaming sins, Veeky Forums

Confess your gaming sins, Veeky Forums.

>I constantly sell and rebuy different items that are important for other situations

Recently I've gotten addicted to the idea of killing characters. I've been a DM for a good 8 years now, run at least 20 different campaigns of >1 session, and played in only a handful. I always hated the adversarial method of DMing, the "hahaha killer DM, appease me with snacks or else." And I still do run story-focused games. But after I went to an Adventurer's League game at an FLGS where half the party got wiped out by a swarm of needle blights, I realized how fun TPKs and character deaths can be. Like the dwarf barbarian who spent about 20 minutes running away and constantly getting swarmed before eventually dying, my character getting rekt and another character going back to save mine and getting rekt, too. So now I feel like killing off characters in my games all the time. I use fair, challenging but beatable encounters, yet now I am actually cheering for the monsters to kill the PCs. Maybe I just don't like the characters? Or maybe I have this strange addiction to death now. I don't know what it is.

I derive the most enjoyment out of playing the most complicated characters. I'm not trying to special-snowflake, I just enjoy having a lot of options. My current ongoing PF character is a gestalt Vizier Mesmerist//Scout Ninja, in a Mythic game where I got gestalt instead of Mythic. I'm not as "strong" as the other players, but I am absurdly good at utility, while getting killiness from Ninja and social manipulation from Mesmerist. It's pretty fantastic, but I feel sorry for my GM that has to constantly deal with shit like "I spend 2 ki to power Forgotten Trick to give myself Light Steps, to run across the water far enough that I can then Dimension Door to the other side".

I've never gotten the chance to play a Pen and Paper RPG in my life as a player or DM, but I post in all the lore threads as though I have using ideas I have in the case I do ever get to play.

I deliberately made the most annoying shadowrunner ever, just because I thought it was funny.
It backfired. Everyone loved it, and I got stuck playing an endearingly annoying shadowrunner.

Every time I GM, the players end up going off the rails and the session falls apart because I can't improv for shit.

Define "most annoying runner ever".
In detail, if you please.

I try to avoid playing TTRPGS because I tend to fall in love with my players.

I don't know if I'm desperate for affection or just insane.

I never really cared if quests were here or not. I just liked trolling questfags because they were so thin skinned. As funny as the victory laps were, I kinda feel bad that I was so mean to them.

I'm just here to wait for the inevitable shitflinging

Like, actual attraction to your players?

You should probably get that checked out

Idiocy and frustrates me and frustration makes me angry and violent, I'm also a huge tourneyfaggot.

I don't tell my friends to play magic ever, since they're all fucking retarded casuals who don't understand the game and that makes me insanely mad. Or for that mater any competitive game I'm acceptable at.

I almost never keep track of NPC health. I just keep them alive until a point where it feels right for them to keel over.

My players have no idea.

Wrong thread mate.
The black/yellow frogs are ree-ing over there

Are you male or female?

I own several large Warhammer 40k armies, but I don't actually play the game.

>Necromundia reboot around the corner
>T-this time it will be different!
>Already spent a hundred bucks on metal Arbites.
>Oh maybe I'll make a admech army instead.
>No genestealers cult!
>Steel legion rules are included?
>Already own dozens of metal troopers

I already own three armies for a game that isn't even out yet...

It's okay user.
I haven't played a single game of 40k yet, and I don't even know if I'll ever come around to building and painting everything I have, but I also ordered Shadow Wars.
M-maybe this time it will be different!

I don't prime half the minis I paint because I don't want to make the effort of doing so

I really only care about entertainment and challenge. I hate going in depth into world building since it feels like a waste of time.

I don't thin my paints.

Is it crushes, or actual full blown "falling in love"?
Because if its jus crushes then I'd say it's not unusual to develop crushes on people you regularly spend time with, share interests with and play fun games together. Especially if you have been single for a while.

It's only a problem if you are being a creeper about it, or don't understand a " I'm not interested"

I saw people talk about fatal, about how it tried to be realistic and detailed and etc..., and said to myself "this rpg is just too complex to normal rpg players, thats problably the reason they are complaining about it. The rpg is problably really good"

I downloaded the game and started to read it and it really sucks.

Also, some amount of time after it, I decided to fix fatal, I started to read pages writing what what the page was about, and what maybe should be done to fix it and what should be removed. I quit the idea because I know almost nothing about historical and scientifical realism, and so wouldnt be able to fix their mistakes.

I become anywhere between angry and livid when my DM tells me he has to postpone the session. Usually it's because he's shit at time management and never plans until the hour before, but yesterday he called it because he and a large portion of our group are looking for a place to live. I was fuming, though I knew this was something important. I guess I just want to play too bad.

I love beating the DM. I do that by being a master in the rulebook, setting and knowing how to cheese the combat system.

Make a PC and use all your tricks to protect him. As long as you don't pull a 'the sun feel on top of you' I am confident I can beat him.

Yes. They're online games.

I can pass for both.

Full blown love. I have never told them, I just let the feeling fester until I inevitably bail out of the game.

>I can pass for both.
That doesn't answer the question and only makes you sound like a faggot

hopeless necromantic?

Go ahead and play, there are many online groups now if you are a forever alone guy.

I really want to run a game but the moment things start getting hard, even in pre-planning before anyone makes characters, I give up.

I'm mad at myself because I really like my worldbuilding and game concepts and even think they'd be pretty good in the right hands, but sometimes I don't think the right hands are mine. Maybe if I get more experience as a player first I can work it out?

Setting is rifts.

I helped my GM implement bottomless bags that were cheap, easy to make and expand, and then told him how they're SUPPOSED to work and how expensive and rare they should be.

We've killed people by throwing them in bags and letting them suffocate, and have a bag we throw our patrol boat in when we're not traveling overseas.

To be fair to our GM the rules to make them and their prices were buried in a rifter.

I also noticed one of my abilities as magebane shouldn't work on my revolvers, after a couple of sessions of using them, but he handwove it by saying the buff puts them on par with mdc pistols. Dunno how I feel about it.

I can't play casters more complicated than a Bard and I am going to GM a game at some point in the future.

I lost weight and took better care of my body because I felt ashamed showing up to gaming looking like my brother.

I write way too much backstory for my characters

i get players hyped for games that inevitably fall through or dont meet their expectations

I'm paranoid of minmaxers because my original gaming group was 100% That Guy material, including me before I got better.

About 6 years ago, I actually got into lifting since we were running a self statting campaign and I always play fighters or rangers.

Based off that, it does sound like loneliness then. It's alright, I have it too.

When I GM, I improvise literally everything. Dungeon rooms, monsters, plot points. I haven't planned a session since I was 16

I've realized that my current campaign is a clusterfuck and I'm trying to find a way to kill it on a satisfying bang.

I continue to buy warhammer models despite having had a huge backlog of unpainted shit for well over a year

I'm happy my campaign is ending sometime in the next year because I'm finally losing my fire as a GM and I know all I got in me is enough for one last huge blowout of effort for the finale; I just don't got the patience and time for big group games no more. Part of me is really sad, but really glad I can recognize I'm at my final limit for this hobby, so I want to give it my absolute.

That's cool, at least you have a good attitude about it. Perhaps switch to a different hobby, or try being being a player for a while?

Thanks. I won't leave forever, I do have a handful of one shots I'd love to run someday, but this is my exit as a GM chasing and finding the holy grail of the long running super campaign. If I can wrap this one up well, then I'll take the win and call it my magnum opus.

I've been a player too and will be again, but a lot of it is that I need time away and I want to move into writing more than roleplaying.

Indeed. I'm kinda going to other way, having some bad writers block and my neigh or wants me to DM a campaign, so I'm stoked to have some fluid gaming to hopefully stir the brain up a bit.

Then GMing will do it, if the thousand upon thousands of pages of stuff I've scribbled over the last decade attests to anything.