Anyone here know if Kingdom Death Monster is good? It sounds awesome...

Anyone here know if Kingdom Death Monster is good? It sounds awesome, but it's so pricey I don't want to pull the trigger without some feedback.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a blast to play with plenty of depth. However, I can't imagine playing it physically (I play using Tabletop Simulator), there's so many individual decks and cards and shit that it'd be a nightmare to deal with.

It's super fun to play, but setting it up and cleaning it up sucks. I have all of the current expansions and got the laser cut MDF inserts, but it makes the box hell to move around.

You can play alone, but I prefer playing with one or two other people.

Is it worth the price tag? Depends on you. If you like the models, it's a good buy. If you like playing with others AND alone, it's a good buy.

I would recommend it to anyone provided they have a place to put it and can afford it. You can get it at a discount after release on Black Friday if you want the physical copy, or you can hope and pray on ebay for a cheap, but good-condition used copy to be put up.

It's a fucking great game but may not be worth the price tag for you. If you like the models, sure, but I definitely don't recommend it if you're only getting it for the game.

Play it on TTS

This. Try before you buy.

what if you don't have TTS?

TTS is definitely going to be cheaper anyways

The better question is, why would you not have TTS. It's 20 bucks at most on steam, and even a potato computer like mine can run it just fine.

Stop being poor.

It's pretty fun, although the amount of bookkeeping is pretty annoying at times. Idk if it's worth the immense price tag unless you're into painting and assembling the minis though.

It's a shit game that grognards and tryhard edgefags love to blow their monthly moneyload on.

>He only makes 400 dollars a month
lmao

It's pretty fun. It's very heavy in terms of book keeping and physical weight. I wouldn't buy it if you're not into the aesthetic (why the fuck are you even here if that's the case amirite) or minis because a large part of the joy of the game is building and painting your big fuck off monsters and then watching them eat your friends.

In terms of games it's really fucking fun and surprisingly basic. My stoner buddy calls it a "DnD boss rush game" since it's like final fantasy tactics style dnd grid map based monster fighting. So if you have buddies who like chucking dice as well it's a good time.

You can play it on TTS and you probably should unless you're either really into the theme or have a stable group that will play with you.

>Implying grognards make triple digits for mowing their parents lawn

I'd play the TTS.
The problem with KD is the board game side of it making the price bloated. All the card, print and boxing is what ,akes it cost so much.
I've always been in it for the models and cbf getting the box out so i'd play the simulator too.

It's 20bux at most and often goes on sale for $10 and $5. If you have friends, you will get a lot of mileage out of it.

The $400 core game costs about as much for 2 or 3 people to get decent non-total-shite starter armies for Warhammer40k/AoS and that's before the rulebook costs.

>pull the trigger
how?

And game is amazing. Unironically 10/10.

Sunk cost fallacy the board game

Except it's not. For just the models alone, the $400 tag nets you more than spending $400 on gamesworkshop models.

It's not like the PVC shitfigures of other kickstarters.

It's also physically one of, if not the, largest boardgames there is.

And consider that most people got the game for $200-$300 instead of the retail price.

>"cheaper than GW!"
>"size of the game > compelling gameplay!"
>"Kickstarter did it even cheaper!"
4/10 made me reply

Oh please great and mighty wise one, tell us exactly how the product lacks value equal to its price tag.

>Putting the HIPS in H.I.P.S. since 2017.

If you like modeling and painting, it is 100% worth it.
If you only like one of those, it's about 50% worth it.
If you don't like either of those, TTS is 100% worth it.

I guess it depends: DO YOU SUPPORT RAPE CULTURE?!

>Literally no instances or references rape in KD:M

Weirdly enough I think the shitposter in this thread is just bumping the thread so it doesn't die.

still not going to my You though

Does anyone know if there is a link with all the Core and expansion scans (rulebooks ,cards,ect ).
I know that TTS has multiple versions of the game with all the cards and rulebooks but it would take to much time splice the sheets, name the cards and place them a properly named folder (i've actually been doing that but i forgot to ask if one already exists)

Kingdom Death is a blast to play. I only suggest it if you have a group of friends that are able to meet up consistently. It's most fun when you all progress together.

TTS is also a great resource, and it's a whole lot of fun. I have several thousand dollars hours put into it. The only downside with TTS is no cool models and not THICC artwork.

i have some people that are pretty hyped for my copy.

just wonderin g if i should play with 3 people in total or 4. since it seems it would be good to have 1 empty seat for when someones character dies. and they are not just defaulted to moving the monster.

mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
It's incomplete regarding the expansion content not having scans of cards, but if you just want to look at 95% of the expansion content it's acceptable.