Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What are some good tactical uses for Headpat? Other than keeping the morale bonus around.
How would your characters feel if they got a Headpat? How would they like the belly rub version in a time of dire need?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/weekend smut
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that headpat is only effective on beast-folk

You fucked up op.

Should have been something besides mongolion puppetshows drawn with crayola.

How much effectiveness am I losing if I spend two levels in other classes before going summoner? I get that they're stupidly good, but is that only if I keep with the curve?

Ignore headpats compare party heights
mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml

Well, he'd probably be confused, but then accept it.

Yes, but Greater Headpat is effective on everyone, just to a greater (no pun intended) extent on beastfolk.

It's Shitsune poster user. He's here to maintain the status quo that /pfg/ is the new /wst/ and discourage useless behavior, like actually discussing Pathfinder.

>/wst/

What is /wst/?

a waste.

No summoner is broken, dipping two other classes should be fine

depending on what the dips are.

what about the base of a tail?
why does that cause animals to go mad?

what about it

>tfw I've already written a scene where muscle wolfgirl has her abs felt up by her bard lover, and it leads to lewds.

I don't even personally ship them. I just think the pairing is too cute.

The ruins of a once golden age for Veeky Forums, destroyed by the barbarian horde of redditors

What games are still recruiting? Gotta make an app before I can shill myself.

stop

Yes but what WAS /wst/? I wasn't there for that.

WotRaunchy cast

Rath, Brevoy, Red, Tia, Books, Bird(male ver.)

>very similar

boring.

Weekend Smut Thread. Veeky Forums the green board.

What's 2hu guilty of?

Well, there's probably some extra nerves and muscles there to help control the tail.

You got a sizecode? Let's all compare the heights of the T A L L B O Y E S in /pfg/ games

I wanna see this

Darn. There are archives of it, yeeah?

12 hours for LoBaF. About two weeks on Shardwalkers, WWW, and Blingmaker.

This will probably trigger some people but sorcerer/oracle

Why? Seems like a waste honestly.

m195.6_m185.4_f162.6_f177.8_f172.7_m167.6

Rath is like 6'5", he's definitely the T A L L B O Y E of that game.

You never will. It's my secret shame.

I have lots of write ups like that for other ships too that I think are cute. It's my secret shame. I want cute pairings to be happy, but I rarely see it happen so I make it myself.

Weekend Smut Thread. It was basically a containment thread for Veeky Forums's Pervy behavior, it was a thread where we openly discussed fetishes, and the now extinct creatures known as Writefags would post quality fap material.

/d/'s smut thread is basically /wst/'s rotting corpse.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/weekend smut
This board would be a good 60% better if people learned how to use the archive search.

>No summoner is broken

>summon monster out the ass when that's top 5 for best spells because you can just summon anything to solve a problem for you
>same "entire class but better as a class feature" fuckery druids get
>a genuinely really strong spell list full of great SOL spells and shit they get a level earlier for no real reason
>wack archetypes like master summoner or synthesist that, even if they aren't actively that much better, really let you rub it in how much you invalidate most other classes by existing
>unchained only sort of fixes these issues because lolpaizobalance

summers are pretty stupid

Hell's Rebels group A.

Sophia, Estelle, Serigala, Hana.

Not like this,
Not like this.

"Weekend Smut Thread"
Its where fa/tg/uys go to channel their boners into Veeky Forums related smut literature, from a Planetary govenor getting a venomthrope to rape his wife he hates to more cute things like romantic thri-kreen erotica. If you look hard enough, you can still find the pastebin where they kept them all.

It got shitposted to oblivion by a dedicated asshole, who would just bomb whole threads. This asshole was so vorulent that it got to the point where the Mods didn't want to have to bother banning his IPs since he kept switching them, so they just banned the threads instead because it took them away form their hotpockets.

Coindidentally, /qst/ was also made around the same time due to rampant complaints from anons who would do nothing but bitch about both quests and /wst/ all the time and clog up threads.

And thus began the Dark Age of Hiroshima, who betrayed all our hopes for him after he had banned the Dark Lord Virt

All the more so once mythic enlarge person comes online.

Thanks user, so far we've got...

> T A L L B O Y E S
>Rory Karskys at 6'9"
>Rath at 6'5"
>Etan at 6'1"

IIRC, wasn't Etan the tallest of the FotJR B O Y E s, and I can't remember if it was Casimir or Corwin who was taller in FotJR. I need more heights!

Holy SHIT those are some smol girls.

it gets me a bunch of 0/1st level spells I otherwise wouldn't that I can really play around with and come up with dumb gimmicky/flavorful stuff and an arcane bond

also heaven mystery is pretty awesome and has abilities that scale really well without level investment

I have a completely unfounded belief that lewds hurt romance in games.

Problems with communicating and tact, optimizing to the hilt and pushing others to do the same. They are ok but not without flaws.

you really don't want or need that, you can get access to all of this via Eldritch Heritage for sorc (which you should take, its very strong for the feat-rich summoner)

and getting cursed for some 1st level spells is a bad choice.

I think Corwin is taller. 6'2" or 6'3"?
Mirror World Seht was 6'5"

How do you roll for height?

Lewdness can make or break them, but it doesn't necessarily hurt them in and of itself.

On the one hand, it can bring your characters closer...but on the other, it can really turn you off from seeing them together.

Or it could just not make sense for your character to react positively to lewds, which makes romance a lot harder to believe.

suppose I shoulda mentioned that this game is core + apg only & no archetypes because they wanna keep it simple, so stuff like that is outta my reach

also oracle curse is not even a thing, you can just take haunted where the only actual effect it has on you is that you take a longer time to grab stuff out of a bag and if you drop something it goes flying in a random direction, which are super minor non issues

Depends on race and gender. Human males are 4'10"+2d10", while females are 4'5"+2d10", then adjust for ethnicity. Ulfen and Shoanti are taller, Keleshites are shorter, etc.

depends on race

Not counting HeteroSehtsual Relationships
>All the masculine men in /pfg/ games are over 6' in height
>Most of them are pretty hunky and there's one for most tastes
>t a l l b o y e party when?

>Serigala
>girl

But yeah, they are. This is good to remember just how short Small size really is.

Tiefling. Is there any rule for weight too?

>core + apg only

Christ.

Male or female? Weight is related to height.

Shardwalkers was supposed to be until this week - possibly today
>GM has not touched the threads in over a week however
But It's probably a fake game, and a whole bunch of people have only applied after the GM's stopped answering or responding to anything.

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/

It's right at the top of the page.

casterfag detected

They do, really. But that's mostly because of player attitudes toward lewdness and not wanting to get pigeonholed into one character only for lewds.

The easy solution is noncanon lewds in private, really. But that certainly takes a bit of courage and luck to work up the wherewithal to ever breach that line of politeness.

Argentum is busy moving

No, it's just this Waiting to get your internet set up is suffering.

>casterfag

More like 'oh my god thats the least interesting way to play pathfinder i can imagine especially when all the material is free online right now' fag

What is this even supposed to mean? Casters are fine with just core, it's Martials who need stuff like WMH to work well.

>d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/

Would a slayer count as self-taught or trained?

Wouldn't a casterfag be all for limiting things to as close to core as possible, since that's where the highest Cater-Martial disparity is?

probably self-taught

Look at the category for the parent class and use either one I'd say

Probably self-taught. Rogues are intuitive, Rangers are self-taught, and Slayers rely a lot more on study than just practice, so they should probably err on the more intensive side.

It would be either intuitive or self-taught, since those are the categories of rogue and ranger.

martial are still unplayable even with all the dumb feat chains and archetypes and shit paizo attempts to bandage in because every book also has a billion things for casters

>core or mostly core: casters are gods, martials are shit, game is broken
>access to all SRD material: casters are supergods, martials are mediocre, game is broken

closer to core you have a slightly smaller chance of the wizard/cleric having a spell that specifically defeats whatever situation because how vanacian casting/the way they get spells works means that every single book increases the power of all casters while every book only increases the power of specific martial build(s)

there's no fixing this without introducing 3PP but then you may as well just play a different game entirely

>martials
>unplayable

Taking those tier lists a bit too serious famalampai

Yes.
And traditionally, from even way back in the 3.0 era, those who want this disparity the most will complain that martials destroy balance with "all those splats that overcomplicate and screw with the rules making it incredibly difficult for a GM to keep up" as their excuse for core-only.

PoW erratafags, what is it you actually want to see from DSP regarding the mythical errata? Is it actually errata you want? Because a functional errata would be about ten, maybe 15 pages at MOST. They already printed the books, they can't change much.

And I wouldn't blame them for it, trying to do more and make it well received by the people who bought the book but AREN'T forum snobs like us would be difficult already with a large errata.

From what I can tell, what a lot of people in these threads posting about errata want is... a "Path of War 2nd edition." A system revised from the ground up to not be shitty and broken. DSP is probably not doing that (and there's no way they'd be insane enough to do it for free), so people need to stop getting their hopes up. Realistically, all we'we're getting from the eventual PoW errata is fixes of legitimately broken rules, not real revisions.

Personally I'd like to see a PoW 2e: this time not written by shitters who don't take feedback. But I doubt it'll ever happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're not UNPLAYABLE.

It's just that depending on the kind of game it is, the fighter is most likely to end up playing sidekick/cleanup to the mages who can do things like teleportation, divination, battlefield control, and instadeath.

The fighter has the least narrative impact because all they can really do is hit stuff with a weapon and take hits. They don't even have meaningful skills.

I am posting in response to people talking specifically about caster/martial disparancy and the fact that martials can simply do way less shit and thus are less likely to be able to solve a problem easily or at all, a problem that can only be resolved by the caster players either intentionally not winning all the time, making shit builds that handicap them or heavy DM fiat

there's nothing wrong with any of these things, but to act like they don't exist is foolish

Nerfs to Broken blade, primal fury, and scarlet throne

thats it.

That's ridiculous; rogues should at least be on "self-taught" level. There is a LOT of technical crap to learn for disabling devices, picking pockets and so on. That shit needs a steady hand as fuck.

so this is pure bullshit, got it

DESU Primal Fury's only issue is the Frenzy Strike line interacting with natural weapons.

Should tieflings live 60+ years or 20+years to reach adulthood?

Basically But with slight buffs to tempest gale and piercing thunder.

If you want "boost + full attack" to stop replacing every other option, YOU HAD TO MAKE THE OTHER OPTIONS ACTUALLY GOOD. "Single Attack + Fort or he's dazed next round" FAILS FUCKING HARD compared to just FUCKING KILLING HIM.

they should live based off of their parent race

color spray

Rogues are probably an exception in that they get 'intuitive' because they are FAR more likely to have started their education in rogue skills at a much younger age.

Narrative control is everything, buddy. A GM has to actively work to make fighters relevant otherwise they won't get any spotlight.

So much wrongness.

Okay, here's how it works.
In core only you can play a caster or you can just not play. Banning anything isn't going to help balance at all, because there aren't options.
With everything allowed you can play a caster or you can just not play. But if you allow everything and then ban full casters you now have the world open to you.

That's how this works. Blacklist, don't whitelist.

/pfg/'s T A L L B O Y E S

Would you play in this party of giant men?

Or,
Now just hear me out now,
You could play a martial who actually interacts with NPCs, doesn't just fuck off to his tower/lab whenever he's not in combat, and actually ties himself to the plot and world. By doing this, you make yourself a better character than the PCs who just spam fireballs and don't understand how to roleplay.

If your GM doesn't let you have narrative impact after that, he's not worth playing with.

Please tell me why I'm wrong.

>wrongness
>2+int skills and all abilities focused on combat

Next you'll tell me that Rogue is a well made class

>playing with a shitty memedog
No thanks.

Wow you know what fixes these things

All the splatbooks that give martials more options and skill points and tools to actually have more narrative impact.

Instead of condemning them to the trashheap by only allowing core

A rising tide raises all ships dummy

>With everything allowed you can play a caster or you can just not play. But if you allow everything and then ban full casters you now have the world open to you.

you get the same effect if you just ban full casters in core, only you have less gimmicky shit paizo shat out to try and throw martials a bone and like I said at that point you may as well just play a different game

pathfinder is caster edition, own up to it or stop playing this shit.

If you want a system where martial characters can pick out form all kinds of crazy abilities and are actually on par with casters with the same amount of twink/number crunch potential pathfinder has, may I suggest anima?

This.
I've been in so many games where the casters were the most boring characters, and so ended up being do-nothing schlubs.

Sure, you can talk forever about how "narrative impact" is supported mechanically, but at the end of the day, the GM's going to value you more for actually being the guy who wants to play an RPG rather than go over paperwork.

4+int and background skills puts fighters in an okay place.

Wizards should get spells known split from INT into another stat, maybe even CHA.

Yeah, but the mages can do this to, and they're better at it with spells that enhance their social abilities, spells that can be used as valuable favors to NPCs, and they can outright charm NPCs who don't want to interact with them.

They also get to tie themselves to the plot and world by having a bigger impact thanks to having spells that let them rewrite reality or break rules.

They have MORE OPTIONS. All a spellcaster is beholden to is ONE FUCKING HOUR of meditation/preparation and 8 hours of sleep that everyone needs anyways.

Spellcasters also got more options and skill points and tools in those books.

Look, there's nothing WRONG with races taking a long time to reach adulthood, except it triggers those who think about pedophilia all the time and thus 'know how disgusting it really is'. (like santorum and gays).

Shit like that 80 year old elf still having the mentality of an 8 year old girl sends them up the fucking walls, because then it means their constant dreams of fucking a 20 year old elf (or a 12 year old tiefling or whatever) is basically toddlercon.

And like any senator in denial about what he's been doing in shady airport bathrooms, THESE CLAIMS ARE AND MUST BE WRONG THE LONG LIVED RACES JUST HAVE THIS UH PERIOD OF TIME WHERE THEY LIKE TO EXPERIMENT BECAUSE THEY'RE COMPLETELY ADULTS AND TOTALLY ARE NOT TAKING THE YOUTH TEMPLATE'S STAT MODS THAT'S JUST YOUR IMAGINATION THEY ARE ADULTS WE DID NOTHING WRONG THEY'RE JUST ON A SABBATICAL THEY ARE ADULTS WE DID NOTHING WRONG THEY ARE ADULTS.

Except like I said those same splatbooks also give casters way more shit, and since casters generally either get all the spells they know for free or just have to find a library (and even then they get to pick the couple best ones automatically on level up) it literally doesn't change things at all except to make casters even more broken

"A rising tide raises all ships" is exactly MY point, if I have a galleon and you have a fucking rowboat, the tide going up is still going to make me way bigger and more effective than you

a rising tide raises all ships.

Does a caster becoming a 'supergod' as you put it really make them that much stronger? Not really their most broken shit was actually in Core.

But what about for martials? It helps a lot.

>Shitty memedog
>Implying we aren't all memes here.

>Martials can do this easily by roleplaying, it's not all mechanics
>But muh mechanics though, shut up though

but the most broken shit was in core anyways.

>pathfinder is caster edition, own up to it or stop playing this shit.
Or. Or, get this. Or. I can. Now listen. Or I can allow 1pp, ban full casters, and have fun playing a Warpriest, Investigator, Bard, UMonk party.