EDH/Commander General

Turbo speed edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's your fastest deck? How consistent is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

decks.tcgplayer.com/magic/commander/jonjey/edh-wheel-mill/1280902
youtu.be/wO4hr-hKB3k
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lich-king-and-master-of-zombies/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-08-16-iap-erebos-god-of-the-dead/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/judge-dredge-the-revengening/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Refer to my post:
I'm referring to eldrazi processor

>What's your fastest deck? How consistent is it?
I've only piloted Hidetsugu a few times, so my quickest win was merely turn 7. On the plus side, he's fairly consistent in dealing damage. If I don't win, everyone else will be in the single digits.

Fuuuuuuuck I cant wait for spoilers.

Which God are you most hyped for?

>inb4 multi color babbies crying

Fastest deck is Xenagod by far. T4 30/30 Worldspine Worm is nutso.

>Which God are you most hyped for?

smugcroc

My fastest deck is Ghave. I have a few t2/t3 magical christmasland plays, but if I haven't won by t7, I'm probably not winning at all.

Enjoying the taste of deflecting palm, eh?

What about Wrexial?

I think Jeleva would give me the most value for what I'm trying to do.

Any spicy techs for Jeleva?

I'd say my fastest deck is Zada unless I can somehow make Titania more consistent.

I have no idea what to build. I want a new deck so bad, but I keep brewing lists them scrapping them for barely any reason. So far I've made andnscrapped lists for

>Purphoros Tokens
>Talrand Spellslinger
>Nath "No one will ever have cards in hand"
>Riku Clones and copy effects (anything you can do, I can do better)

I just can't bring myself to pull the fucking trigger on anything.

So today's the day: I'm going to brew and buy a list by Friday. I have a budget of about $250. What do I brew and buy?

>Jhoira

(Hear me out)

>Every Wheel effect ever made
>Copy spells
>Traumatize and a few other GOAT mill spells
>Mana rocks
>Spell recursion

Use Jhoira to suspend things you want to play while you constantly spam wheel effects and copy them multiple times. Use a few mill effects to get everyone else at lower cards than you. Also throw in a Feldon's Cane and the like to throw your graveyard back in your deck in case you get low.

On average it only takes about 11 wheels to mill an entire EDH deck when you take into account card draw and turns etc Hit them with a few decent mills and that cuts it in half. Extremely easy to do.

Btw the point of running Jhoira is so that you can suspend shit from each hand at instant speed while your multiple wheel effects are resolving. Everything in each hand that you need to keep gets suspended.

That sounds cute. Jhoira might paint a huge target on my head, and I might have most of the relevant pieces if I took apart my Niv-Mizzet deck. I might give this one a shot.

Don't play joihra, you'll end up a virgin

decks.tcgplayer.com/magic/commander/jonjey/edh-wheel-mill/1280902

There's a very budget version of the decklist. Crucible of Worlds, a real Wheel of Fortune, Jace Vryn's Prodigy, Grim Lavamancer, fancy lands, mana crypt grim monolith etc all would be great to add.

Jokes on you, I'm having a baby in August

I'll check it out.

>a Joihra player
>repopulating

Jesus Christ

Anons, what do you jam when you're playing EDH?

Personally, I like to play Gorillaz when I'm playing Selesnya or Boros. Not exactly fitting, but for some reason I cannot picture our playgroup without Gorillaz faintly playing.

>You took a lame commander and did something interesting and unique with it, you're a virgin!

Endless guitar solos. If there isn't weedling or deedling it's probably the fastest rave music known to man.

>you took a lame commander meant for lame loser virgins and expect sex!

Shut up, Elliot Rodgers.

I think doing interesting things with generic shit is pretty cool, sorry.

Black Sabbath is eerily fitting

Chon is the only answer.
youtu.be/wO4hr-hKB3k

I play Gucci Mane but only on my turns

weird gothic ballroom music, good for thinking bad for tempo.

What the hell do I do with this paradox engine I pullled?
Rocks, dorks and draw?

Sell it because only dickheads run that shit.

>tfw can't decide between Planar Portal or Planar Bridge in Slobad
Fuck

Portal lets me grab nonpermanents but I don't actually have that many of those, and they're mainly Jokulhaups-style wipes

The group ususally plays hardcore nigger rap or weird orchestral/electro music.

>seven whole dollars of store credit
I'll sit on it

yup.

Sisay Paradox combo. Vomit your whole deck onto the table just as fast as you can

neat

/EDH/

Is there a Pauper Commander deck that is similar to your EDH Deck?

I'm looking to do an RPG and I'd like my players to 'grow' into their EDH Deck through combat and gaining experience.

Example:
Warden of the Eye would eventually become Roon of the Hidden Realm because Warden is played using a lot of Blink/Flicker mechanics.

This sounds like it would be a chore

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-lich-king-and-master-of-zombies/

Need some advice on a Sidisi deck I'm looking at building. How does this look? Or am I missing something?

I love this band.

How filthy casual is my casual Erebos deck? Rating and suggestions appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-08-16-iap-erebos-god-of-the-dead/

>first card is Ambition's Cost
>no Cabal Coffers
>but big mana worthless shit like Spine of Ish Sah
It's shit.

>implying Spine is bad

At least Craw Wurm is only 6 mana.
>Chromatic Lantern in monoB
>those other 3 drop rocks
What the fuck is this?

I'm not saying the deck is good, because it's not, but Spine is decent in a color that can do fuckall about enchantments and very close to fuckall about artifacts

What enchantments are people playing that stop you from killing them?

I'm not the guy who posted the deck

I have a question about a commander deck card I have called necroplasm. I get that it's ability is to destroy any card with converted mana cost of the amount of +1/+1 counters on it. Would this be more a hindrance than it's worth? It could destroy my own cards in that case. I see it's value in early game so you can kill off your opponents creatures if they are low cost, but it also would stop my progress, right?

So basically, should I use necroplasm even though it's ability to kill off anything could hurt me? Maybe I don't see it's value. I need opinions.

>Solitary Confinement
>when the casual monoB wincons are Gary and Exsanguinate
Try again.

You probably shouldn't run it if you can't think of why you would run it.

How about rest in peace? Humility? Aura sharding your big black mana effects?

Enchantments are a problem, though you are right about spine. I would run scour from existence or the mana rock one over it since he has no real way to recur it, and instant speed is much more important.

Will this combo work so my opponents can't pay life to save their lands?

Aura Shards doesn't hit Cabal Coffers, Nykthos, Magus, Crypt Ghast or Nirkana Revenant.

RiP still doesn't stop casual baby wincons.

Read the angel again.

This is why it's in there.

It's just for acceleration, obviously not fixing. The deck's thrown together from stuff I had lying around and thought it'd be a fun casual deck.

So no?

I'm using the spells with my Avacyn commander too.

>>Chromatic Lantern in monoB
It's a second urborg for cases like getting black mana out of Rogue's Passage and Reliquary tower, and for casting spells you take with Praetor's Grasp. Clearly not as good but it's -okay-, I know damn well Xenagos has Craterhoof Behemoth somewhere in that deck and I'd rather take it with Praetor's than take some piece of shit flying timmy-pire from an Olivia Voldaren deck because she's the only other black commander on the table.

Here's one thing I never really understood. What's the difference between a control deck and a combo deck?

I figure most control decks win with a combo anyhow (unless it's general damage). Is the purpose to slow the game down until you can combo off? And in that case, what does the combo deck do? Just race as quickly to the combo and call it a day?

Most control decks in most formats win through grindy damage. It's just that EDH is a fucking awful format with 40 life and so that's basically impossible.

I still do it with Queen Marchesa but it's a slow battle.

just run armageddon, but if you really want to devote to the land destruction package, get red avacyn and use red's land destruction such as bend or break, or boom/bust

>Is there a Pauper Commander deck that is similar to your EDH Deck

Kind of. My Scarland sac deck uses similar mechanics to my Prossh deck. Just no infinite combos. I do like using Act of Treason cards to steal, attack, and then sac my opponent's creatures.

Seems like a fun idea, honestly.

Maybe something like slitherhead growing into skullbriar

Run Worldslayer and Nevinyrral's Disk.

My fastest deck is Patron of the Orochi. I've won a couple times on turn 3, a bunch on turn 4, and can pretty consistently end a game by turn 5 or 6 if I'm not interrupted. Not a combo deck, just a giant mana/creature/card draw engine.

My Squee deck has a turn 2 win but it's incredibly unlikely.

I prefer to play fast glass cannon decks that force the other players to stop me.

I would love to see an interesting white god. The only two monowhite generals that aren't shit are Sram and 8.5 tails and they're not very interesting.

My fastest deck is probably hyperloot/selfmill mimeoplasm.

Doesn't necessarily win immediately, but can efficiently, consistently, and quickly murder the opponent that's scariest to me / most likely to be able to deal with me.

Not a sound tactic normally, but in my meta at my lgs, skill level highly varies, and being able to kill off Combo McTutor early is always a good feeling.

>unique

People have been using Jhoira as a Nekusar long before there was a Nekusar.

What combination of cards led to a turn 3 win?

I am a multicolor baby, and am severally saddened.

Looking forward to red god and blue god.

Honestly, all gods. I hope red god has an act of treason type effect.

Oh and please, I wanna see ashiok

I'm really hoping the blue one counters spells and the white one embalms but who knows.

What would her commander be?

I already have Armageddon and Catastrophe, and I can't afford Ravages of War.

I have those.

When she wants to win Derevi but at heart Derevi

How do you guys make cuts when building a deck. I'm at the point where I've cut everything that doesn't synergize too well or is just goodstuff, but I still have 40 cuts left to make.

Pick a group of effects toy want to fill the deck and continue cutting the worst of each until you have 99 cards left.

That's just the thing, it's tokens in R/G, and there are just so many options.

Has anyone else in here built werewolves? I'm curious to see what others have brewed in case I'm missing out on some amazing obscure card that's never been reprinted for decades.

I was going to build werewolves but then I got too butthurt when Ulrich ended up being a big turd

What online platform do you play? My group hasnt met for a game in a few months, and I really miss it. I am not certain what most people play on though.

Doomsday

Just because you never thought of it doesn't mean that no one has. It's not unique and not every Jhoira is super wipes+eldrazi. There's a fair amount of Jhoira decks with a proper curve, not making her a Kaalia 2.0.

Angel only affects caster of the spell or the one who activates the ability, and Cleansing is part of the spell resolving. You might as well ask if that angel prevents Pox, Ashling the Extinguisher, Barter in Blood or Sign in Blood.

90s hip hop or 70s/80s/90s country music.

I had this same issue building Thromok. I think I just blindly cut like 30 cards to hit the limit and it seems to be working out fine for me.

I play on xmage. It's alright but there are flaws

Please no act of treason effect. That's Wizard's go-to red cop out move. Let us hope that it is an additional combat phase ability.

Here, we're playing a 20hp format in 1v1, good enough for everyone, banlist is still a problem

I've seen a maelstrom wanderer on turn 3 cascading jokkulhops and a jace v2. Wins three turn later (20 second)

zameck guildmage and ezuri, claw of progress
mistweadow witch and brago, king eternal
wee dragonauts/mercurial geists and melek

Just use the French list.

How does this look?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/judge-dredge-the-revengening/
Am i missing something important? Is there any spicy tech that Jarad absolutely needs?

Edric. Lots of card advantage, lots of little guys, and lots of counterspells. She'd have some big, unwieldy control spells or high mana extra turn spells as well.

She can't play for fun. So, she probably plays some cutthroat Derevi or Tasigur list.
>stax and permission
>2 or 3 combo wincons
>a handful of big spells or creatures that swing the game

Just like how I like to play.

>iterally what I am building
user, we were destined to be together.

But it's even worse now though, I asked a friend to help me make cuts but he had more suggestions than anything else and now I have to cut 60 cards.

fast mana is cancer, even more so than tutors i'd say

>friend says he took sol ring out of a bunch of his decks because he thinks it's too powerful as a ramp card
>he still plays ancient tomb in several of his decks
>mfw

Oh, I forgot to ask, have a list? And any idea what your average cmc is at? I'm unsure of running things like nest invaders Mogg Marshal, but I can't fill my deck with symbiotic wurms and expect to survive.

Any tips from playing him?

Fast mana is absolute cancer combined with tutors. Without tutors fast mana is still strong, but not consistent enough to get explosive starts every time. Grim monolith and mana vault become a lot worse when you can't always use them on your combo pieces.

Tutors are the true cancer, without those combo would actually not be the indisputable strongest EDH archetype.

>>Tutors are the true cancer, without those combo would actually not be the indisputable strongest EDH archetype.

if you removed tutors but didn't remove fast mana, """"""competitive""""" games would still be cancer because the guy who drew into 2-3 fast mana cards would just run away with the game with some bullshit stax thing or something like that. granted, there are no combo-tutor memery in my meta but fast man tends to fuck up games real bad in my meta. one guy draws into sol ring and ancient tomb, uses those to cast more ramp, then uses his 7-8 mana or whatever on turn 3 to drop some insane threat on the board and then the rest of the game is trying to play catch-up to that guy if he doesn't win in the next 1-2 turns somehow

Voivod's Killing Technology or 80's disco and eurobeat

and there it is
the faggiest post in the whole general