/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

make a new thread you apes! edition

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

spellcrow.com/salamandra-dragons-crests-p-300.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spine_(zoology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah

primarchs

Khan was the only primarch to not fuck up massively. Prove me wrong.

What is the best unit choice for the Reward of Treason in general?

I'm convinced Angron didn't really fuck up when you consider his goals and beliefs. Still a cunt though.

Lernaean Terminators.

No one would expect you to steal from yourself.

Failed to capture his homeworld. Had to be saved by Big E. Same with Mortarion.

Toddlers aren't known for their stamina so taking a nap and getting captured after murdering an eldar raiding party barehanded is probably forgivable.

He should have promoted more communication with the Imperium. That's why his legion only barely knows Gothic, like the SW, yet they also don't wish to be seen as fucking savages? If he had felt like kart of the Imperium instead of a mere vassal then fucking half of it wouldn't have declared fir Horus.
Also, wasn't he going to get Malcador killed? Sincerely asking.

Sanguinius did NOTHING WRONG

>Same with Mortarion.
All the fucking planet had been won already and the mountain was surrounded. Emps fucking dared him to rush the BBEG and instead of fucking HELPING him and showing him the strength of a Unified mankind, He fucking stole his kill.
The same as with Angron, whom He kidnapped.
WTF I seriously don't know why I'm loyal. Emps could be a fucking jerk QUITE some times.
Well, as long as it is for Unification's sake then I'll follow Him.

Hid the red thirst from pops, when Big E could have helped. Although being purged might have been a possibility.

Yeah, for a 38,000 year old god-wizard he was fucking dense.

>do I help my son, the demigod general of my army who I need to go crusade and liberate the galaxy
>or do I let all his friends get killed by chucklefuck slavers and TP him out at the last second and call him a failure

really activates your memo-sphere

Fine Angron gets a pass
Most knew Gothic, they just don't like speaking it.
Yeah cause listening to guy who tells you to do something stupid just shows poor judgment. Also didn't he let that half xeno Typhon into his legion. You know the first captain who got the entire legion trapped in the warp, forcing them to serve nurgle.

When you need to use good judgement to disregard the Emperor's words, now that's when you know He's being an asshole.
The story of this 38000 year old guy has led Him in front of you today, especifically to be an asshole to you.
In the whole galaxy.
Hell, He probably even foresaw the whole thing, so He could be a better asshole just to troll you better.
Emprah I loev u
Why u do this to me?
>Typhon
Typhon being a secret half xenos witch is BULLSHIT in every way.
How come his inhuman body didn't reject the geneseed
How come he wasn't outed as a witch in the times the DG fought alongside the SoS
How come a Primarch, a being of warp essence, cannot feel the psychic power of his fucking equerry?
It's bullshit I tell you.

Think of it this way.
Rock up on a distant planet.
Find your son who you created to lead a massive army.
You know nothing about him.
You decide to test him.
He fucks up.
Save him, try to explain its OK to ask for help.

Without showing him that witchery isn't always evil? And stealing his kill while you leave him in the floor trying to catch his breath instead of empowering him, despite you weren't supposed to even be there in the first place?
He played Vulkan's game.
Even Russ' drink contest.
But He didn't deign Himself to fight alongside His gladiator son, or even lend a hand to His farmer son.

>Typhon
>half-xenos
U wot m8?

Old lore, probably not cannon.

What is user painting today? I finished the Scorpius, and I am now painting a boxnaught

>"Let us cure you of your ailments, brother Angron."
>"NO FUCK OFF LEAVE ME ALONE"
>inserts nails into legionnaires until entire legion is infected with the same affliction

[angry laughter intensifies]

I'm looking to expand my Ironwing list and wanted some feedback on destroyers. I like the unit thematically but it seems like a large investment. I'm not sure on loading them out. I plan on using them with missile launchers for some mid range support, maybe the Rhino a Havoc Launcher to add some fire power. But on giving a squad of 10 two serpentas which mixed with the Exterminator rule tha gives +1 W tallies up wounds real fast.in my experience.

Am I trying to make to much of a mediocre squad and drop them? The meta around my area is real competitive and Mechanicum heavy, the phosphex bombs will help out against those list.

Phosphex is shit against robots because they get bonuses asainst poison weapons. Robot removal is best done with marksman vets (especially combi-flamers) and lots of plasma

Link to the old thread?

Do any recasters have good rhinos? I just realized that I am still going to need transports despite my tons of dudes.

Are mastercrafted plasma pistols a good investment? Salamanders list.

Why bother? Just find a decent online wholesaler for GW rhinos if you're trying to save $$$. Rhinos of both types are one of the easiest things to spot recasts of because the tolerances on the plastic kit are small, and the Deimos is based on the IIb plastic kit

Well. Fuck I guess.

What's a good price for an old school rhino then? They're totally compatible with upgrade parts even if the chassis are smaller, right? Like, will I have a problem if I get pintle weapons or Havok launchers?

eBay you stupid nigger where the fuck do you think? Jesus Christ if you weren't this fucking stupid maybe you could afford some cheap ass plastic toys.

Why the fuck do you jobless manchildren niggers insist on getting into this hobby if you can't even afford $100 to waste on toys?

>calls people nigger
>cant even read

PRICE
What is a good PRICE for old school rhinos?

Also, the issue is that I'm already pretty deep. It's not a matter of spending $100. It's a matter of spending ANOTHER $100.

Yeah mate, Rhinos are probably one the second most common 40k units on eBa, after Tac Squads

Apart from allowing a huge number of his legionaries to declare for Horus because he never built decent lines of communication?

Just use Mars pattern plastic until you can get Deimos versions. Seriously, they look a little different but if you're being a cheapskate you can get brand new rhino kits for $20 each...

I just said fuck it and just bought 3 old school plastic rhinos for $70.

How do you get them for $20 each? I always see them higher.

AAAAAAHHHH

Was that really Angron's fault re: the Nails?

IIRC the World Eaters volunteered to have the Nails to be closer to Angron (although I guess it can't really be considered "volunteering" if they've been hypnotically programmed to revere their primarch as a father)

IMO it's one of those grey areas like when an abused person stays with and defends their abuser.

Angron put the nails into the legion and theey all accepted.

Don't snakes have their willy in a little pouch?

Hey there

Can you tell me how is my Auxilia list ?

Did he? I thought that they were prohibited by the Emperor but Angron just ignored the edict (because it's not like anyone would question a primarch on the frontiers of the Grand Crusade)

>the World Eaters volunteered to have the Nails
I believe current lore is that he ordered them implanted.

Angron isn't really to blame for his actions. He was brain damaged as a child and reprogrammed to only know happiness from violence. The Emperor should have Old Yellered him.

Great Crusade*

Anyone know if Dark Elf or Dark Eldar arms would fit Sisters of Silence torsos (especially in regards to 2-handed weapons). I'm looking at making some of the weapons that have no models and I've noticed that many SoS conversions before official models were based on the DE.

I think it wasn't mandatory for Librarians (only because it killed them)

>implying Angron cared about what happened to his librarians

It made them go fucking nuts and blast away whole WE squads due to not being able to control their powers so they stopped installing them on librarians. Angron didn't like psykers anyway and this distrust bled into his legion, by the time the Heresy rolled around proper they weren't even harvesting the gene-seed from librarians.

Is there any spine bits? I would like to glue it with helmet for some gruesome accessory.

You mean something like this?
spellcrow.com/salamandra-dragons-crests-p-300.html

I saw a nice conversion of Gabriel Seth where someone had given him a helmet with a spiky crest made from a cut down chainsword.

No, I mean spine like Mortal Kombat's FATALITY.

How bad is my 2480 point list.

HQ----------------------------------
Praetor with 3 lvl psy, Force weapon, Bording shield, Plasma Pistol
100, 75, 20, 10, 15=220

Centurion Librarian lvl 2 with Catapractii
50, 25, 40, 35=150

Elites--------------------------------
Osiron Contemptor with Twin linked Lascannon.
50, 175, 25=250

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal +3 Terminators, 3 Chainfist and 1 lighting claw
255, 105, 30=390

Troops--------------------------------

Tac Squad with Chainswords, Legion Vexilla, Rhino
150, 20, 10, 35=215

Tac Squad with Chainswords, Legion Vexilla, Rhino
150, 20, 10, 35=215

Breachers with 2 Volkite Chargers, Legion Vexilla
225, 10, 15=250

Tac Support +3 with Plasma Guns and Rhino
100, 45, 120, 35=300

Heavy---------------------------------
Heavy Suppot Squad +4 with Autocannons.
135, 80, 45=260

Fire Raptor with Autocannon battery and Cermite.
200, 10, 20=230

Pic related?

ITT: people who don't know what a spine is

(come on guys, he said "gruesome")

Do you guys think Necron machines can be used to represent Heretek stuff?

>spine means one thing and one thing only
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spine_(zoology)

When you combine spines with a helmet, it's almost as if you want to put some nasty looking spikes on a helmet, not that you want severed heads with spinal columns hanging out.

I turned some Warriors into Chaos Androids for my CSM. Shave off the Necron icons, add some spikes, a servo-skull for a head, add a magazine to the gun and replace the barrel with that of a DE thermal lance with the very tip cut off.

Sorry, I should've written vertebral column to be specific.

And yet only one definition can be reasonably referred to as gruesome.

Not good at English, didn't know 'spine' can mean other thing than I imagined. Should've added a pic. My bad.

Have you looked at Vampire Counts stuff?

>gruesome
>causing repulsion or horror; grisly
>extremely unpleasant
>synonyms: grisly, ghastly, frightful, horrid, horrifying, fearful, hideous, macabre, spine-chilling, horrible, horrendous, grim, awful, dire, dreadful, terrible, horrific;

near zero anti-heavy armour, why does your praetor have a boarding shield and not an iron halo, plasma pistols are overpriced, you should probably pick a rite of war if you already haven't, Osiron dreads are HQs

I wouldn't personally bother with a Librarian in a TS army because a psyker praetor or a special character would serve you better. Amon is 25 more points than a catapractii libby and gets you way more for the price.

I dunno, but if I ever start Iron Hands I'm totally using pic related as a paragon blade.

Is there any way to justify a Librarian fielded together with a Chaplain?

Hmmmm well my Praetor will be hanging with the breachers so it's thematic! Been on the fence about the plasma pistol myself though. I am not super sure about what to do about tanks myself. As for the Libarian I don't know what I would replace him with I don't use named characters.

Yes, like this:
>the legion's commanders have decided to assign a librarian and a chaplain to this deployment
Complicated, isn't it?

Is it cool if I put spikes and shit from the chaos rhino box on my NL tanks? Seems like it would be something they'd do.

Yeah, could be post Istvaan V so the primarch or whoever is in charge said fuck it like Sanguinius, the Lion or Guilliman. Could be a traitor legion, like the Word Bearers. Could just be a legion that never gave a fuck like the White Scars.

Chaplain is more of a catch-all rules term for any marine responsible for his brothers mental and spiritual well-being, not necessarily a guy who polices psykers.

No it's not cool, it's not as if NLs have a rule regarding heads on spikes or anything.

>Not having both in a single marine
user do you even know the Word Bearers?

Wait, did WB got away with that armor before Heresy?

> UL: "Hey man that armor looks cool what mark is it?"

Does one of you guys have a Solarite Gauntlet from the Templar Brethren upgrade kit and could take a pic of it next to a regular powerfist?
I want to make sure I'm not overcomplicating things for my Tribune; I'd hate to order that entire upgrade kit only to learn that the actual difference is marginal. Thanks in advance.

Do you fucking read lore? Do you fucking know what a Chaplain does? He is basically the uber drill sergeant of the strike force, having to remind the librarian to use his powers for good or get his head caved in while telling the troops to stop being a bunch of pansies around a psyker and man the fuck up for the Emperor or else face ritual beatings in the face.

Why this simple straightforward obvious purpose has elluded the grasp of your small mind is the real goddamn mystery.

>We call it mark fucktheEmperorPraiseTheDarkGods
>What did you say Wordbro?
>Ah nothing it's called mark IV WeAreStillLoyal pattern

WBs painted themselves red between Istvaan V and Calth. I imagine that they kept their Diabolists hidden from view before they went all 'surprise' on the Ultras.

The back of it has some kind of power field generator looking thing in it, other than that it's pretty much the same.

> "The Words Bearers Legion is at the heart of darkness of the Horus Heresy, using the rules presented here they may only be part of Traitor faction armies."

> Orphans of Betrayal: This Rite of War represents a small Loyalist element of an otherwise Traitor Legion
> Warlord has one of the following versions of the Legiones Astartes special rule - LA (Word Bearers)

What

don't the chaplain's responsibilities include teamkilling librarians in case they get too crazy?

Congrats, you're about a year late. It's probably either a typo or added just so that the special-est of snowflakes can play loyal WBs without crying.

Well *I* play loylist wordbeares, with ab allied detachment of lloylist death guard, lead by typhus.
Sometimes i change the word bearers for a white scars Fury of the Ancients detachment

you guys want a game?

Heh
>loylist wordbeares

Sure I'll play you with my iron hands - emperor's children allied force.

Or maybe I could use my traitor custodes.

>Sure I'll play you with my iron hands - emperor's children allied force.
perfectly fluffy, their primarchs were best m80s :^)

pls repsond

So in my writefaggotry my Chapter is on the way to Istvaan V (Word Bearers), I can't remember if the '''''traitors''''' who go to massacre the '''''loyalists''''' know explicitly they are going there for that reason. So far it's only the Chapter's captains and important officers, in my story.

Also it was just the Gal Vorbak/Serrated Sun that adopted the red scheme, and not the rest of the Legion at that time right?

Also

Also I just left an also at the bottom of my post and can't be bothered to delete it and redo it

Everyone in the Word Bearers legion knew who they were going to face. The purge had already happened through the past 50 years so...
Also only the serrated sun beared the red and black scheme. Enjoy painting grey user :^)
>Also

>Everyone in the Word Bearers legion knew who they were going to face.

Yeah, do you have a source for this though? They knew they were eventually going to break the Imperium in blood, but I don't know if it was a question of 'when' and 'how'. Like this Chapter has been out in the wilderness for a long time, pursuing its interests - and all of a sudden they get a recall beacon from beloved Aurelian to make for Istvaan. The Chapter Master knows what's going down at Istvaan V, the Captains know, due to the psyker visions of a certain wizardly advisor; but they keep it from the common marines. They're all itching for it but there is still that inhibition of Astartes-brotherhood there, to kill another Astartes is a massive step.

>Also
>Also
>Also

When I paint my dudes they're going to be themed near the end of the Shadow Crusade. The most versatile theme.

There is a Khorne guy from AoS who has a spinal column for a ponytail which might work.

They have already killed other astartes, again the purge has already happened. Re-read the final chapters of the first heretic and take good note of what Xaphen says about what has happened to the legion while he was in other chapters as a chaplain (the rest of the serrated sun was quite isolated with all the custodes stuff).
Keep in mind the zealotry of the sons of Lorgar, the brotherhood with other astartes means nothing when it interferes with their religious beliefs

>They have already killed other astartes

This was left to a minority of snakes like Marduk. They didn't really need to do a massive purge like the other legions, just a few rogue emperor-worshipers.

>Re-read the final chapters of the first heretic and take good note of what Xaphen says about what has happened to the legion while he was in other chapters

Will do.

>Keep in mind the zealotry of the sons of Lorgar, the brotherhood with other astartes means nothing when it interferes with their religious beliefs

I wasn't going to go 'oh no we can't do this' obviously, but the idea of it is still taboo and profane to many.

Yep, best time for us. My word bearers are veterans from different chapters who fought at Calth united under the command of Zardu Layak and a chaplain from the flayed hand

What is the truth that Lorgar and WB are trying to enlighten so hard? The fact that gods exist doesn't seems to be that much a great deal.

If the Word Bearers don't get Humanity to embrace the Synergy of Chaos the species will go the way of the Eldar

They think only the alliance and communion with chaos and the unborn can save humanity from extintion whether it comes from the xenos threat or the potential birth of another chaos god as happened to the eldar

Wouldn't humanity go extinct anyway given the Chaos and gos's nature?

They need humanity to give them power not only with their prayer but just with their emotions
(reply to us to keep the conversation alive, not a new reply in the threat)

Size-wise as well? It looks slimmer and sleeke than run-of-the-mill powerfists.