/WFG/ - Warhammer Fantasy General

Surprised Skeleton Edition.

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch, and Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV(Some (embed) of our scans have gone dead and we're building an alternative novel archive for /WFG/. Here is a list of books we're looking for.)

> Warhammer Miniatures/Proxies Alternatives
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Games
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV(Some
pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV
m.youtube.com/watch?v=72KsjWUCUJQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/03/blood-bowl-made-to-order/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you paint that? That's Pretty good.

I honestly feel that Games Workshop should have made one official Maneater for every faction, and thrown that Maneater into the list of models for that faction as well as put them all into the Ogre Kingdoms list.

I mean, they fucking knew we were using Ogres as unit filler. The older supplements showed us exactly how to do that. They may as well have banked on it.

That would've taken away from the converting aspect of things - and with some factions like the Tomb Kings and the Bretonnians, would have been very hard to explain.

>and with some factions like the Tomb Kings and the Bretonnians, would have been very hard to explain
No it wouldn't.

Ogres work for anyone, there's nobody who would never hire them.

>That would've taken away from the converting aspect of things
Games Workshop gives no fucks, that's why all conversion guides and suggestions disappeared from everything other than a single page in the hardcover 8e BRB after 6e. Even then though it was greatly diminished. Outside of Golden Demon, GW didn't want conversions to happen at all.

Before anyone mentions it, while High Elves would not want an Ogre nearby them or would likely bring him back to Ulthuan, 100% never allow him outside of Lothern, it doesn't mean they're above using him as a meat shield. That's why the like the Empire after all.

Bretonnia has a rule against mercenaries, everyone knows that. And why would the Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts ever hire an ogre? They could stab and then raise them, sure, but they have no need to hire living mercenaries. Only reason Lizardmen work out better is because Ogres are easy to please with food instead of rare trinkets.

On the conversion aspect...look at it from GW's perspective. You make an ogre for every faction someone could play as - what, about nine factions? And you try selling them, and some sell well and some don't. You've wasted a lot of time and money designing, producing, and stocking the models, and only so many of them will ever get sold.

It's easier to keep stocking normal Ogres, with the few special Maneaters that have been already made, and throw the responsibility on converting to the player. No mussing about from your end - they buy the same boxes, and maybe some green stuff as well.

>Bretonnia has a rule against mercenaries, everyone knows that.

Other than naval Bretonnians, who only have vague suggestions of rules. Beyond that Ogres also willingly join other races, such as those of Ostland and an Ogre suddenly deciding its a peasant isn't something that one would want to argue about considering peasants are basically weak Ogres anyway.
>And why would the Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts ever hire an ogre?
Tomb Kings hire living human mercenaries to do their dirty work as it is, there is very little unified culture from king to king. Of all the factions in the game other than Ogres you have the most wiggle room for headcanon with the Tomb Kings in terms of making up an OC with eccentric behavior.

Vampires would just want an Ogre because they're cheaper than buying a monster from Necrarchs and more obedient than something from the Strigoi as well as taking far less time to procure than the Varghulfs and Vargheists. Any Vampire looking for a quick and efficient way to get some extra bodies in their force will hire a few Ogres.

>pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV(Some (embed) of our scans have gone dead and we're building an alternative novel archive for /WFG/. Here is a list of books we're looking for.)

What exactly are you trying to convey?

We're trying to get a complete collection of every Warhammer book and a new archive of them.

A lot of the old out of print stuff is missing from our collection.

That it isn'r properly embed, it should have been:
>pastebin.com/aYRZAsfV (Some of our scans have gone dead and we're building an alternative novel archive for /WFG/. Here is a list of books we're looking for.)

I've got a buddy that really wants to play 9th but every time I check the rules I just find myself losing all interest before even building a list. Now, the core rules do contain a lot of much needed fixes but also some problems. Why would you ever take a ridden monster character? The army books themselves frustrate me as well. They've abandoned the lore so the only thing they have to appeal with are well-crafted rules but my armies seem put together haphazardly at best. Are they planning any massive changes soon? Have people been enjoying it?

Love it

Would you use this homebrew /WFG/?

Some of the encumbrance levels are wacky. A Crossbow is over twice as encumbering as a Blunderbuss and bullets weigh a ton when stacked.

Gunpowder should really be INCREDIBLY easy to acquire in the Empire at least, even bloody militias and pirates have ample access to pistols.

A Blunderbuss is more than half the size of a crossbow so I think that makes sense. But yeah, I didn't change the encumbrance values for firearm shot at all. Maybe it should be 5 instead?

They also have thick metal barrels and are filled with shot and your post is some kind of carbine blunderbuss so you should really compare it with a smaller, lighter draw crossbow.

I think that encumbrance values are a combination of both weight and how cumbersome something is to store, pack and carry. A blunderbuss might weigh a bit more (but I sincerely doubt it would) while a crossbow is longer and several times wider.

>A Blunderbuss is more than half the size of a crossbow so I think that makes sense.

Some are. Others aren't. I doubt the WHFRP one is one of the pistol sized ones, remember the Mordheim one.

Shouldn't brown skaven be stronger than black skaven?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=72KsjWUCUJQ

Perhaps the preference for black fur came before the perceived greater strength of black furred rats.

When a rat is born with black fur, they are given special diets and training which maximise their potential, then they are given better equipment than their kin.

It's quite likely that they are stronger not because of natural effects, but because of cultural ones.

White fur on the other hand is just straight up magic.

They use eugenics to ensure the black rats become bigger and stronger.

Yeah I was going to suggest, I would imagine the blunderbuss in Warhammer is more rifle/shotgun sized.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just started getting into WHFB.
I've bought a Dark Elf battalion and a Warhost of Naggaroth box set, which gives me:
>32 x Dark Elves with Spear and Shield / Dreadpears.
>16 x Dark Elves with Repeater Crossbows / Darkshards
>30 x Black Arc Corsairs
>10 x Cold One Knights
>1 x Black Ark Fleetmaster
>1 x Scourgerunner Chariot
or something to that effect, it's hard to find store listings for them these days

Is that enough to build a decent list or are some of the units dogshit? I don't want you guys to build me a list or anything, I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything major.

>And why would the Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts ever hire an ogre?
Because it's so easy. Just grab a handfull of baubles from your tomb, and you have additional, powerful soldiers. And if you don't hire them, your enemy probably will.

> Blood Bowl made to order before Fantasy.

For fuck's sake.

So how well would a bunch of kislevite mercenaries/allies (I have at my disposal a small unit of horse archers, winged lancers and giffon legion, as well as a few kossars) fit in a 6th edition dwarf army?

Pretty much everything in the Dark Elf book is good, they are the eternal Elf and are always blessed with decent rules.

As far as I know, the Dark Elf spearmen/crossbowmen kit are actually one and the same and also make another unit with swords and shields.

So really you have 48 infantry which can be built anyway you want. The sword a shield configuration is generally considered the worst. Spear Elves were a staple but you need them in large quantities, like 40 to 50. So it's probably for the best to assemble them all either crossbows or spears.

Everything else is good.

BAC are good, you probably want to run them with two close combat weapons since the hand-crossbow's range of 12" makes it very situational.

COK are again good.

I would build the Chariot as the Cold One variant, I've never used one but people rave on about how good they are.

Fleetmaster can really be run as any Lord/Hero so always handy to have.

If you add some Executioners you should be about 2000 points which is the standard size game.

ah fantastic, thanks a lot

Those are some really cool models to have.

I don't know about tactics, aside from the vague idea that the mobility of horsemen might be a fun thing to have for a dwarf army, but lorewise it would make sense, especially if your dwarves were from one of the more northern holds.

Are dark magic in WHFRP spells powerful enough compared to regular magic to justify taking it when you're trying to make a strong character? Those side affects look like a bitch to deal with.

Skaven are all produced by the same broodmothers.

...I'll buy it.

I don't see it on the site though.

Probably this coming weekend.

The things is, 1 thrower... how tight can they be?

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/03/blood-bowl-made-to-order/

>Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Dark Elves
Oh well, none of the teams I want to play.

What exactly is between an Orc's legs?

Do they have fungal balls? A dick just for pissing from?
Do they look like females with no vaginal opening?

I would say yes if you asked me out of character, but if you dont care out of roleplaying than yeah, go for it if you have party members who can compensate

They have a dick for the sole purpose of peeing.

Jesus Christ I feel like an Idiot, I kept hovering over it trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to enlarge without clicking on it and opening a new tab.
a Blunderbuss is also on average made of heavier materials and denser

Orks in 40k originally reproduce sexually.
That was later retconned, but all other written materials treats them as having penises (mostly just mentions them pissing standing up etc).
So operate under the assumption that that is what they look like anatomically at least.

dammit.
Confused my tabs. Sorry.
But same thing basically operate under the assumption of penis.
Afaik, it was never explicitly delved into in WHFB, but Blood Bowl had female orc cheerleaders, even though BB is separate from WHFB, it's kind of a reflection of stuff that originates there.
So take that as you will.

I fixed the position of the Moot in this map

Are the islands off the Scorpion Coast inhabited? Do we know anything about them?

It might be fun to set up some colonies there by the Old World nations, since New Estalia seems rather far away from the rest of Lustria.

I'm pretty sure Dragon Isles also belong to the HE

A dick to eat you with

I made this map originally. Thanks for tinkering with it user

If I remember correctly the dragon isles are home to savage lizardmen (skinks and saurus but no slanns)

No no, I meant the islands of the Scorpion Coast, near Lustria. There's also some Tarantula Coast islands, depending on the map.

New Estalia was stated to be much bigger IIRC, but Lizardmen have been slowly BTFOing them.

Spaniards can't deal with dinosaurs

In the CKII mod they are pirate islands. The 6th ed lizardmen army book shows that post human colonies are in the New world (mexico analoguous)

Is that sort of lore in the Lizardmen book as well? I only know about the city of Santa Magritta, and not even really where it is.

It's a bit frustrating how maps seem to shift around in the lore. The 'Mexico' area seems to still be strongly Lizardmen controlled in most maps I see.

Kind of cool that they're pirate islands, at least - it allows a bit more oppurtunity for them to be conquered and treated like Caribbean islands.

Here's another poorly made MS paint guide I made a while back, a noob guide to Skaven clans

40k mentioned Femboyz as a rare type of Ork once.

>Is that sort of lore in the Lizardmen book as well? I only know about the city of Santa Magritta, and not even really where it is.

No, in the 8th ed or so GW pretty much purged references to human armies without official books/minis, save Kislev given you really couldn't due to the Great War against Chaos being a thing.

I think it was 6th edition and some WD articles back in the day that gave an account of Estalia Conquistadors being ravaged by disease as lizardmen knocked them off one by one.

The new world as pictured in the 6th ed army book (pardon my french)

I still like the idea of Gnaw and Skrittlespike.

>Vampire Coast

Why? Discovered by vampire conquistadors?

who would skrittlespike even fight besides skaven who accidentally venture too far down into skavenblight.

maybe they accidentally spring up in a dwarf hold.

A vampire was being carried by a galleon, galleon gets rekt by norse pirates, pirates open the coffin and soon you have a vampire and a thrall crew landing in southeastern lustria.

They're Skaven Night Goblins.

Raid at night, retreat at day.
Totally outside the control of the Council and Skaven politics.

Just the Skaven version of Strigoi.

>tfw no skaven-bats

>Skeggi
>part of some estelian realm...
They were very much their own thing

Also the area of the borderlands around Myrmidia is completely wrong. You're missing a whole gulf.

I do remember a Warhammer scenario where a few Bretonnian Knights were fighting giant scorpions, I think it was near Araby but I could imagine Scorpion Island could have half man half scorpions on it.

Do any of the rule/lore books have information on Strigany and their culture/names etc? wanted to try a one out

There's very little.

Try Night's Dark Masters and I think there's a sidebar in The WFRP Companion.
Otherwise just use Romany names.

It's not really wrong. GW was always very inconsistent on the exact geography and tons of different maps exist

The old world is pretty consistent but anything beyond the empire, bretonnia, and ulthuan will have variations

The area between lustria and naggaroth especially is a mess of different maps

I've noticed that Cathay and the Hinterlands of Khuresh flipped around at least once.

I'm not too surprised that places like Cathay and the Southlands were tweaked, since they rarely got to see play, but I am surprised that places like Lustria and Naggaroth can have so many variations - they're both major parts of the setting. But yet in one map I've seen Arnheim on a plain like pic related, and in another it's among a bunch of islands.

GW's timeline for WHFB is 2500 years or so too.
So some things might have really changed.

>I've noticed that Cathay and the Hinterlands of Khuresh flipped around at least once.
I'm pretty sure that was just one guy making a mistake and not realising the Hinterlands of Khuresh were supposed to be south-east asia.

Speaking of which, Arnheim is a typo too, it was originally called Arnhelm. That one stuck though.

The Plain of Spiders sounds like a real shithole.

do you have/can make a full world version of that map ? that would be nice cause all the ones on the internet arent that well in term of size etc

anywhere near dark elves is a shithole

Go to the Plain of Dogs instead.

I just realized that the warhammer world lacked a race of dog people

Beastmen come in all forms, which most likely includes dogs.

Probably some beastmen that look like that. Maybe we should be glad that they didn't end up using gnolls or something and ending up a variation on D&D.

Pastebin should include a warning for Avatars of War shipping time.

Doing your job in 3 bloody months for two packs of dwarfs aint to much to ask for!!!!

Can we get an update on the new novel MEGA?

So if you were look to put together a band of dwarfs for a friends Mordheim mini campaign and don't own any stunties which company's basic troop box would you recommend?

For individual metal models
>Black Chapel
>Otherworld
>Hasslefree
>Avatars of Wars
>Reaper

For a a box set or something along those lines you only got the choice between GW and Avatars of War afaik.
LotR Dwarf minis look nice but not exactly a good fit for Morheim imo.

Something you could look into as well are Scibor minis. He like his dwarves.
Most of his stuff is not my cup of tea, but the dwarves looked usually pretty good iirc.

Yeah I have heard bad things about them.

Everyone advised me to buy from eBay since it shows what they have in and out of stock.

Soon.

Yeah sorry it's taking a while, I'm going through every duplicate book to make sure the best version gets uploaded.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be done.

The Avatars of War Dwarf Rangers look to be the most bang for my buck though I'll probably need to scrounge up some bits for guns and shields. Might pick up a slayer mini also because they look pretty distinctive.

Thanks a lot dude!

Anyone got any fun skaven lists? Looking for themed lists just to try out, see what other people play.

Bretonnians have ways of getting around it. Wasn't there the story of them telling some mercenaries to go guard some sheep/shepherds and oh look a bunch of bags filled with gold are lying on that hill, the lady of the lake must have blessed these foreign simpletons for generously looking after for her Bretonnian subjects.

That does happen in Carcassone, at least in Knights of the Grail. But they never actually got rules on the tabletop to use mercenaries - at least, not until the End Times, I think. Though that also means that for some reason no band of disgraced Bretonnian knights or runaway peasants has ever tried to serve as mercenaries abroad.

So I picked up some of the shields from pic related for my tomb king skellie conversions. Cowhide paintjob aside, I think they'll work pretty well.

Fuck bretonnia, what a stupid ass waste of a playable faction. An entire nation whose whole schtick is knights, and they aren't even the best knights in the old world, let alone the setting. It'd be better off if the old world humans were all just merged into the empire, with Araby and Cathay being the empires main human competitors.

They did have the best knights, Grail Knights are better than anything the Empire has on horseback.

Putting Knightly orders in core was a mistake...

Voland Venetor are specifically stated to welcome some Bretonnians young sons or disgraced knights in their ranks if I am not mistaken.

The idea of having cavalry in a dwarf army is interesting, the thing is at 2000 points (if i remenber correctly) you can only take 2 rare units, and mercenaries count as a special choice. The thing is; do I only one unit of kislev mercenaries and a rare dwarf unit, or do I take two kislev mercenary units?

Remove thyself niggerpeasant

Because they support Bloodbowl.

>Game currently being produced
>Gets support
>because people buy the fucking models

>Game that wasn't bought
>That they no longer support
>Isn't being prioritized

What kind of Autisnigger logic does it take to be surprised or disappointed in this?

Children of the Horned Rat also has some other Warlord Clans with council representation (page 49-50).

Clan Flem:
>Speciality: Plague (but unreligious unlike Pestilens)
>Support Pestilens

Clan Skab:
>Speciality: Black Skavens
>Units: Stormvermins

Clan Skaul:
>Speciality: Grey Seers, warp-laced narcotics

Clan Sleekit:
>Specility: World Below explorers

Clan Verms:
>Specility: Oversized arthropods

Also Clan Skaar rules Queekwell in Pavona, Tilea (page 55). And Clan Vectab is specialized in military tactics (page 64).

Also any clan who isn't Eshin, Moulder, Pestilens, Skyre, Flem, Mors, Skab, Skaar, Skaul, Sleekit or Verms is treated as minor clan (page 93).

What's the source?

I forgot Skaar also has council representation, is specialized in mining and support Moulder and Skyre (page 50).

I fucked up, it doesn't says that Flem, Skaar, Sleekit or Verms have council representation.

So far I know the clans with council representation are: Eshin, Moulder, Pestilens, Skyre, Morbidus, Mors, Rictus, Skab, Skurvy, Carrion and Skaul (11 out of 12 leaving just one unknown).