Mtg

Amonkhet trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=WAjJZ9Rbq5E

Wait... Those don't look like Egyptians...

Damn. Not bad Gideon.

Every thread man, we get it WOTC are "progressive" let's move on.

so wait, is the plot of this just the gatewatch showing up and deeming the planes culture badwrongevil and fucking it up?

>Letting people get away with racism

Iron Fist was crucified for doing this, why should WotC get a free pass?

where are the spoilerssssssssssssssssssssss
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>"buy Force of Will"
subliminal messaging?

The Justice League, led by the fearless Superman and his brave friend Batman, journeyed to the strange world of Amonkhet, where they discovered the primitive inhabitants engaged in devilish worship of esoteric gods!

This looks really cool, I am pretty pumped for this set
I agree, this set was designed by a women so I am not surprised there are going to a lot of Nubians. I am hopping we just get a couple of sexy Egyptians, nothing like some thicc brown goddesses.

So it's just like Apokolips

We haven't had thicc since the Moriok Scavenger, what makes you think this will change things?

What's with women and their obsession with black men, anyway?

Was that the millenium puzzle in there

so yes?

Where are the spoilers being posted?

>Iron Fist
>How could they use a blond and white guy for the role of a blond and white dude?!

Oketra

>Ugh, this blonde and white guy is going to be a kung fu hero?
>Why couldn't they just... Like... Make him an Asian guy?
>We hardly get strong Asian male protagonists in comics or TV, why don't you change this character to Asian male instead of make an original Asian male character?

That's basically the thought process, and why Iron Fist got such horrific reviews. Mostly by ugly white women and baby-cheeked white men.

The gods are all confirmed mono color

>5 gods
>At least 1 is monocolored
>At least 1 is multicolored
Wizards, what are you doing?

Oketra is white/black? wtf?

>Whitewashing is wrong but Asianwashing isn't
Well, I see where they're coming from, but still

Yeah this has to be a fake.

I'm gonna bet that the Red Blue and Black gods are all mono-colour (since those are Bolas' colours), while the other gods have their own colours and one of Bolas' other colours.

>What's with women and their obsession with black men, anyway?

The media has been pushing them as the Masculine Ideal for years now, plus their eternally childish and sophomoric personality seems energetic and virile for young women faced with white men that are typically beaten into submission by societal expectations and the original sin of their gender.

This is why women fawn over black men, but only the unlucky, ugly or poor actually marry one.

Oh god, that's parasitic as fuck.

How would you build a deck around Hazoret and Lupine Prototype?

So the aftermath cards "sentences as names" use "to"
>Dawn to Dusk/Dusk to Dawn (Can't remember)
>Destined to Lead

This is pretty good, at least in limited

>Casting the first spell leads TO the aftermath of the second spell
KINO
I
N
O

Was 'when an Aura enters the battlefield' too much?

BW limited archetype

Nigga if it was any aura it could be abused like mad

The perspective on this art is fucked.

Another aura for Bogles.dec to play with.

What a fun limited card

kitty likes her zombos

CYCLE
MADNESS
METAAAAAAAAAAA

>Menace for R
Neat

Oh no, a sorcery speed draw-two-discard-one for 3U, that you get to return to your hand when you play an Aura, one of the least playable card types in the game?

That wouldn't even see standard meta.

Neat synergy with whither/infect or am I retarded?

Oh boy, one of the most parasitic mechanics ever made.
A single cycle of 5 cards that have a random new aura subtype for the sole reason that there's another single cycle of 5 other cards that care about them.

At least with Gates they had a large number of cards that cared and interacted, and even a "you win" card.
With these "cartouches", it's nothing but a random thing on 5 common auras to trigger a secondary ability on a cycle of 5 uncommon enchantments.

You don't put the -1/-1 counters via withers/infect

>woman lead the design of Amonkhet
>Amonkhet is shit

Really stimulates your synapses.

God of Solidariety.
White and Black.

If the 4+ other cartouches are as good as this one, I don't mind it
I just won't care about the related enchantments

tink
>Come on
>No
tink tink
>Just fucking die
>Nnnno
tinktinktink
>I'm gonna burst your bubble and pitchfork your fucking dick
>nnnO
tinktinktinktinktink
>FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING DIE ALREADY
>...no
[tinking intensifies]

Oketra's going to not be able to attack or block unless you control X creatures and have an activated ability to make a token

>new card type
PARASITIC PARASITICCCCC
ABLOO BLOOOO BLOOOOOO BLOOOOOOOOOOOO

people are getting a bit cartouchey about it

And there went my last holdout hope for the block.
After everything else being disappointments so far, my last hope was the Gods being good, or at least interesting.
But no, they aren't even that unique. They don't even have their "God of _" titles on their cards for fuck sake. We even know the titles from flavor texts of other cards, so there's no reason to not put them there.
I get that they said in the article they wanted to distance them from Theros Gods, but imo that's a really bad idea. The Theros Gods were perfect for God cards in general, and near completely changing the formula was not a good idea honestly.

Amonkhet is a giant bomb to me.

Uh, no? MaRo and Ethan Fleischer (Journey into Nyx, Oath of the Gatewatch) are co- design on this set. Why do people keep saying it's a woman?

Madness

cont.

These don't even really feel like Gods.
They could be changed to be literally any other kind of creature card and they'd feel exactly the same.
A big indestructible random dude with random restrictions and an ability that helps lift the restrictions.
At least the Theros Gods had continuity across them, I guarentee the Amonkhet "Gods" are going to have completely different restrictions on attacking/blocking on each.

so that people can complain about it

Ah I see. Proliferate would be the better option, then?

Still better than arcane card type.

I get that people want to complain, but at least complain about the right stuff.

At least Shawn Main (both Conspiracies) is designing Hour of Devastation. High hopes there.

Is this not somewhat busted?
a 1/1 white vigilance that says 'when ~ etb put a +1/+1 counter on another creature you control' is pushing it already for W, but giving first strike as well seems really strong.

Exactly

I don't think it's busted but it's certainly undercosted

Good in standard, but outside of type 2, what deck is going to run it?

Bogles would rather run hyena umbra over this.

you likely won't play it on turn one, sonit balances out a bit, on turn 2 it's a pretty strong play though

duh, they're artificial Gods made by Bolas, they're meant to seem like shitty fakes

>That pose

>Cat God instead of just God
>WB instead of mono-W
>comma in name like (when it's "_ the _" legendary they never put a comma)
>"damaged" that has literally never been used on a card, or if it has in the far past it's been oracled
Guarenteed fake, and a very bad fake at that.

Heliod is just posing, Hazoret is prepping to spear a nigga

>Hazoret the Pervert

When was the last time the first day of a spoiler season was that disappointing?

Every first day of spoiler season is dissapointing.
Also, magic is deeeeeeeeeed.
t. whiner

>Hazoret will never take off her mask to reveal that she's a qt jackal girl underneath the intimidating guise
>The mask is probably her actual face

GO, MY EGYPTIAN GOD CARDS

OKETRA THE TORMENTOR
HAZORET THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
MEGA ULTRA CHICKEN

Can't unsee, thanks for ruining the masterpieces m8

>Cycle Zoo
>T2 Cycle Street Wraiths for days
>Or
>DREDGE

oh boy i can't wait to (0[_]|\|+3®5¶£(( my opponent's masterpiece π@§¤「{+

Something doesn't have to be playable outside of standard to be considered busted.

Nah, the fact that it reads "Hazoret the Pervert" makes this the only somewhat good invocation.
Doesn't redeem the godawful frame, fonts, or anything else, but it's a single dim chuckle in a sea of darkness.

>Loyal warrior
>Raised to die for the Gods
>I work my hardest so I can pass the Trials
>Finally get my chance
>Word comes in that some team of fags deemed my culture and religion to be barbaric and has come to "free me".
>Fucking conquistadors[/spoilers]

These cards are fucking top notch

Sweet undying synergy

Personally I like the look of this set so far. Also not bothered by the shitty masterpieces, im either A: never going to pull one or B: pick them up dirt cheap/reasonably cheap and not give a flying fuck about the crap design

Your casual kitchen table group doesn't count.

Man, black sun zenith will be dope with this.

>Purphoros
>bigger than a mountain chain
>6/5
>this bitch
>size of a cyclops?
>5/4

No, because it can actually do something even when there are no cartouches

I take it your a standard faggot? Have fun enjoying your stagnant and repulsive format that forces you to make one of 3 decks to remain relevant

They're fake gods created by Bolas

That is such a good "We don't want to make them strong" excuse that I actually have to applaud wizards

Has that been confirmed? Maybe Bolas just corrupted/weakened them.

I'm pretty sure that it's been confirmed that Bolas basically made the entire plane from scratch

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE GREAT AND WONDERFUL GOD- PHARAOH (HE WHO SHAPED THE SANDS, BLESSED ARE WE WHO FARM MUD ON THE WORLD HE LOVINGLY CREATED FOR US, PRAISE THE GOD- PHARAOH IN ALL HIS GLORY)!

So probably made pre mending?

>When was the last time the first day of a spoiler season was that disappointing?

They're trying a slow roll this time instead of "HERE'S ALL THE GOOD SHIT AND THAT'S IT HAVE A NICE WEEK"

I don't mind it, but I think they went a bit too far the other way

Such a bad design