AdMech skitarii thread 2: Electro-priest boogaloo

Post stuff relating to AdMech and Skitarii. How can we improve them in 8th edition and should they finally get a fucking flyer?

Just getting back into 40k after 6 years playing warmahordes. Finished my ranger alpha a couple of days ago currently about a third of the way through an Onager.

Sorry bout the shitty pic I'm a phone poster.

What's the point of using rangers? Vanguard are better in every way except range.
Last thread

ROBOTS ARE FUCKING GAY ASS SHIT

Let them ride IG transports.

The AM made them, motherfuckers can commission a chimera if they want to.

rangers have a bit more range so they're worth getting a few of so you can start shooting sooner and camp objectives while still shooting things. I think the commonly quoted 2:1 ratio is stupid though, I run 4:1.

Haven't played a game since the end of 5th ed but Move through cover? Galvanic rifles seem OK too, unit full of precision shots could be good plus they have a 36" threat to stop the enemy "disengaging" and just kiting you.

They look a tonne cooler with the hoods and rifles but that might just be me

4:1 seems like too much desu, 3:1/2:1 just seems right. I use a unit of 5 with 2 TS arquebus' for that neat anti-vehicle shot.

Why play any when you can play peltasts and cataphrons heyooo

I'd be cool with a native flyer or just making the vulture/thunderbolt/lightning a plastic kit with a servitor pilot option and getting access to those.

The proprietary admech shit is awesome and I love it, but for the guys that make all the imperiums war materiel they sure don't seem to use any of it themselves. I think the closest they get is the ordo reductor out of 30k just rolling newly fabricated, disposable tanks at people.

But ya a plastic kit and some rules for the existing flyers with servo pilots benefiting from cants and stuff I think would be well sufficient, and a bone to IG players to boot.

Because forge world rules don't apply in tournaments. (Sometimes)

Things I'm hoping for in 8e:

>Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii merge, allowing you to field Kataphron Destroyers/Breachers and Kastelan robots without using Allied Detachments
>Peltasts and Hoplites are moved from ForgeWorld to regular GW, removing the question of 'is it allowed in tourneys'
>Castellax Battle-Automata and other Automata added
>Thallax Cohorts added possibly as TEQs
>Tech Thralls added

Kind of reminds of 6th (or 5th?) where everyone gave the allies rules a pass but it was 1999+1 pts all day because WHOA double FOC!??

Must be nice just cherry picking which parts of the rules you want.

To be fair most of the FW stuff won't be in until IA14 I think.

Maybe slightly Nerf vanguard or something. Up the point cost to accommodate for the ungodly amount of damage they can do to a footslog army. Switch the point cost with rangers maybe.

A fluffy question in regards to the relationship between AdMech/Skitarii and Rogue Traders:

Oh hell yes, He'd probably get several ships and some serious sway on the forge world he gave it to.

If it's an important STC he could end up getting a skitarii legion to play with

I can't justify the obscene costs of the Arquebuses for the limited amount of good they do. Most games they don't kill anything (because heavy 1), they just sit back on an objective and take pot shots. Once one of them did 360 noscope a deepstriking terminator on overwatch when the unit got charged, gave him an extra purity seal for that.

But Rangers and Vanguard both have Relentless, so it's not like it imposes any movement restriction.

I see your point. I have a ranger with a arquebus that managed to disable all 3 of a guys rhinos in a game before they could get close, and forcing his army to march right into a firing line of vanguard and dunecrawlers.

Threadly reminder that all your models look the same.

Reminder that all models look the same, you turbo nigger

What models can you use as a HQ? Can Crell be a generic HQ?

With the dominus maniple you can use a tech priest dominus as a HQ

Putting together my first War Convo. Fairly new to Skitarii/AdMech and I've also built the list somewhat round a financial budget as well. I already own everything on the list, save for the ruststalkers, IK, dragoon, and kataphrons. Any recommendations/advice? My LGS is stock full of cheese and I keep getting tabled every weekend.

Also, would it be wise to buy the IK from Chinaman? I've never ordered recasts, but if it's possible to save some money on a plastic model, I'd be down