Why haven't you prepared for the next session yet? Get on it

Why haven't you prepared for the next session yet? Get on it.

I spent yesterday's usual prep time teaching my wife the basics and walking her through her first character gen.

I have a few months to prepare my first session.

Because my asshole players always turn up 2 hours late and even then they barely remember what we did last session.

The closest thing I do to prepare sessions is to come up with a couple of absurd random ideas at work the day of the game.

But, user, I already bought a bottle of tasty scotch for Wednesday night!

>He hasn't prepared enough content for a months worth of sessions

Step up your game senpai

Because I have no sessions, even online.

I have been trying to play for a couple of months now, and can never seem to get more than 2 players of my 6-player group :(

Because I really can't be arsed. I mean, I know what I'm going to do, but I actually don't really want to map everything up or stat things.

Still waiting for this book to arrive.

Because I've already prepared for the next seventeen sessions, as far as I can with two lunatic asspies for a party...

I don't take orders from tiny dragons.

Long answer: Because my players are right on the cusp of going one of two completely different ways and I have no fucking idea which they're going to choose. On the one hand, there's a massive dungeon right underneath their feet brimming with their sworn enemies that I'm not sure they're even aware of yet. On the other hand, they've expressed a serious interest in fucking off and becoming pirates as quickly as possible and I'm having trouble finding maps of pirate ships (so I'm having trouble planning the first encounters of the new pirate campaign).

Short answer: anime girls eating burgz are cute.

I am. I need to decide how much foreplay my character will need before she's ready for double penetration

please "delete" this post, thank you

lonely, solitary burgs are cuter than any burg with girl attachment

Because the game has been cancelled because no one could manage to get together and play and I'm too tired and burnt out to try and find another

Because I'm a player. But I have prepared somewhat by listing every rule that was forgotten in play last session and will bring it up at the start of the next. Mostly just AoO rules, spellcasting stuff with concentration, natural attacks, channel around corners, and cover rules.

I prepare for my next session immediately after I finished the last. Whenever I'm done running a session for the night, I quickly make notes on how things went and what was effected in the game world.

I already wrote out the campaign arc, and a bunch of side encounters I could use in the event things start to go off path. It's better to have a huge repertoire of content that you may never use, then to force your players along the railroad because you don't have any options. (And sure, you can improvise and pull stuff out of your ass, but it won't be as illaborate or interesting as a careful thought out and prepared session.)

Because everyone enjoyed the 'April Fools Session' I ran on Sunday complete with a dumb magic item/willy wonker factory thing, an orc version of hulk hogan and deck of many things drawings, that now I'm having a crisis of integrity, and wonder if I should make the whole campaign lighter and have shorter sessions.

To all the retards who are saying shit like, "I've already prepared the next 17 sessions!" This is why your campaign is shit. It's good to understand the most of your campaign, but to have them all "completely prepared" is to say that you know exactly how everything is going to play out.

Because my usual GM and I switch in a 2:1 per month basis (she GMs 2 months, I GM one, repeat) and because of multiple reasons we were only able to play 1 time out of theoretically 5 because we would only have 2 players
so now I play again for 2 months

Shit got very real for me. School is ramping up and engineering programs arnt known for ease of completion. Couple that with we've missed several of pur last potential meet time due to flakes or conflicts, and that next session big shit starts happening and i have no clue where the party will be when it happens or how theyll react... yeah

You're right I suck

I'm browsing Veeky Forums for inspiration.

I've got easy material. Players are about to enter an ancient Moria-esque city recently and tenaciously reclaimed by dwarves. There's a distraction attack, and then drow sneak in and steal from the dwarven vaults.

Easy material, and I've got nothing.

I use premade adventures, but don't tell my players and let them think I made it all up for them.

They think i'm a great DM

You are. Thats what it means to be a good dm.

I still have another six months before we can play again.

Because I improvise.
And so should you.
You bunch of railroaders

Genuinely depressing. You should look into Roll20.

Because I'm stretching myself thinner than a monowire balancing my gf with enough emotional issues to spell out the alphabet, a job, and the ceaseless barrage of RP that I run for her (and sometimes one other along with her) that she is so thoroughly obsessed with. Between our games of AMG, Mekton Zeta, PTU, and two other freeform games, my prep time consists of sentence-long (if that) summaries of plots and potential progressions, the rest of which I adlib on the spot, seat-of-my-pants style.

I struggle to prepare for the work that keeps me fed and sheltered, I don't have the time or energy to plan.

Because I have to work on other things that are more important...

>Why haven't you prepared for the next session yet? Get on it.

>preparing for games

hahahaha get on my level scrub

>He hasn't DMed for decades to the point where content just flows out of his mouth while the game is ongoing

It turns out I was the sensei all along

Not much to prep for tonights session.
My PC's are travelling through a frozen wasteland that will freeze them all to death if an NPC who plans to betray them wasnt wearing a ring of warmth.
Basically there's a load of untrustworthy NPC's travelling with my PC's and trying to betray them.
This session will be spent returning to civilization unless they fuck up.

It's done.

But OP, I'm always prepared, even if I don't know it.

Shut up you dumb dragon. My players are gonna face a Hydra next week and I don't know if they can defeat it. They already used a lot of their resources getting to this fight and I'm stressing about this.

I'm so new to this ;_;

Waaaah waaaah waaaah

What about a big dragon bby

It's not for AT LEAST an hour and a half, and let's be real I am going to do all of my writing in the space of time it takes to set up the game and finish socializing. If there's really not enough time, they will fight some skeletons, or a multiying ooze, or just have to level-up at the start while I keep writing. It's Pathfinder and my players are Pathfinder players, that's like 12 hours of time bought.