Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Funny memes edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Daily Duncan?: youtube.com/watch?v=NJFjVyO8N3Y

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zDKcevMFUCo?t=15
warhammerdigital.com/warhammer-40000/rules-supplements/40k-rules-digital.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For Guilliman's Xenos wife

When can we expect full pictures of DG miniatures?

For Gulliman and Cawl's secret project on Mars

>The local population of one of the smaller, less known worlds of Ultramar celebrating the return of their primarch

youtu.be/zDKcevMFUCo?t=15

If we were to get a new faction or species what would you want it to be? Personally I think those crystal xenos the EC fought on Tranquility would be cool

>wife
Is this canon now? I have been out of 40k for some years.

WHERE DID THE BLACK LIBRARY GO

2/20 grots painted, what are you doing this evening Veeky Forums?

Is that supposed to be the next dank Duncan?

>Is this canon now?
in the business it's what we call a forced meme

It's just shipping faggotry.

She revived him with her Eldar magic and they worked together to get Guilliman to Terra and was present at his "coronation".

When she was about to leave, he asked her if she wouldn't work together with the Imperium in the future and that he enjoyed the Eldar help and would like to keep good relations with them and make an alliance, but she told him that neither of their races is ready for that yet and that her priority is to first get the Eldar back into shape before doing anything along those lines and that the Imperium also needs fixing.

Still not entirely sold on the War Convo, I'm just not sure having almost the minimum of every unit but with as much wargear as possible on them is advisable. You can get like 1000 points of free stuff but a majority wouldn't be advisable to take in the first place nor will it get within range to matter

The various mega pages don't seem to contain the main rulebook in epub ( warhammerdigital.com/warhammer-40000/rules-supplements/40k-rules-digital.html ). If anyone had it on hand I'd be extremely grateful!

Nothing Veeky Forums related because I'm a lazy fucktard and will probably binge watch this entire 'Kemono Friends' anime people have been praising all season long.

>I can't be bothered to check the mega links in the OP
kys

Can't download anything from the mega, stuck on initializing

That would work if the link was fucking there.

wasn't even that, man

he asked if the eldar would join them on the road to earth
they said no
then he said "okay, I guess I won't torture you for more information"

FUTURE QUEEN OF THE IMPERIUM!

It's not a coincidence that every single AdMech list placing high in any tourney ran it, user. You can kit out both Skitarii squads to 10 guys, keep the Sicarians at minimum because that's their optimum anyway and then just take as many Cult Mechanicus units as you see fit and dump any additional points into more Dunecrawlers, Sidonians/Ironstriders, evne another Knight or an attached CAD with Cawl and Skitarii to unlock the Cawl relics for your entire army, all of them even being for free if taken in a unit that's part of the WarConvo.

The benefits it gives are absolutely retarded. Hell, you can even take those Haemantrope Reactors or whatever they are called to make all of those Assault 3 Plasma guns into Blast Assault 3 without Gets Hot and upgrade the Heavy Plasma Cannons into Large Blast Heavy 2 weapons. It allows for a ton of internal adjustments to suit your playstyle and brings some of the strongest Formation rules in the entire game by simply removing the two huge balancing factors that AdMech had in place to keep them fair, that being very expensive gear and their best weapons having Gets Hot. You don't even lose the ability to Scout your Skitarii forward and your Onagers gain a 12" Ld 10 bubble.

I am painting some IF cataphractii, which color scheme should I go with? I plan to use them in the first company veterans formation eventually. I can either do the yellow with black accents, or the black with yellow accents. They are essentially inverted.

Also, this is the first list I plan to use them on; what do you think?

Post Imperial guilt edition.

For reference on the colors

>you can even take those Haemantrope Reactors or whatever they are called to make all of those Assault 3 Plasma guns into Blast Assault 3 without Gets Hot and upgrade the Heavy Plasma Cannons into Large Blast Heavy 2 weapons.

Only works if they're got no long range fire power. Otherwise your new super plasma weapons are 18" and 24" and they'll just pick them off at long range.

Anyone have a Scars ePub? The one in the MEGA seems to be broke

That's literally what he saidIt'll happen eventually

MEGA seems to be all kinds of broke at the moment.

The left one, more characteristic.

The right ones look almost as black templars.

except they didn't help get guilliman to terra

she and her scooby gang left the plot at ultramar

I understand what you mean and I understand it's being taken at tourneys but what I don't see is how minimum infiltrators, ruststalkers, balistarii and onagers are worth it over a more focused list that welcomes assault moreso than units designed to take them.
I'm left with 2 infantry squads, minimum flimsy elite choices, more open topped walkers than I need and an onager that's made entirely pointless by kataphrons gifted with skyfire

Like if Skitarii/Cult Mech weren't already great without wargear I'd find it much more beneficial but what they do get in wargear doesn't increase survivability whatsoever aside from squad leaders/IC with invulns
And lets be fair, the War Convo would be ALOT better if plasma kataphrons were EVER taken over grav. Kataphrons are seemingly the unit to make a list around.

Feels fucking good man

Thanks; I am really on the fence, literally one person replying is all it takes to push me one way or the other.

Did they at least kiss?

why don't you see if it's in one of the four mega dumps before you start sperging out?

With are better?
Oldcorons or new crons?

So what are cool colour schemes for dark eldar?

I'm totally gunna start painting those guardsmen I swear!

Oldcrons, Pariahs gave us all the personality we needed.

Newcrons are better, sorry not sorry

Trying to convert a drop pod into a dreadclaw.

but they were total shit to field. Their lore was great, but thats it.

New crons are better in every ways. Only sad thing is that they took out pariahs instead of revamping them. But good riddance old boring generic stuff. Hello flavor.

3/20

A-Almost there!

Newcrons, thoufh is argue they both went too far and not far enough. They should have still had some dynasties whose anti-c'tan stuff failed and ended up with what was effectively oldcrons, as well as more examples of variance between dynasties aside from quirky overlords.

It's still a possibility to do if you feel like giving it a try and obviously not anything a meta list would do.

You don't need a metric assload of bodies for AdMech to work. Cult Mechanicus is a ridiculously elite army, Sicarians are also Elite units for a reason and you'd never, ever consider taking more than 5 per unit anyway.
Assuming you take a Knight Crusader and max-size Vanguard and Ranger squads, that leaves you at 1540 points, 310 points left to spare for other things. You can easily attach something like another CAD with Cawl or even a Holy Requisitioner if you cut some corners on the Skitarii and the Knight. Your army will have such immense firepower and so many additional free tools to work with that your lower headcount won't be an issue. The results of those competitive lists don't lie. People try other lists from time to time and fail because all that free Wargear is just too good. Free things are a game breaking concept and should never have existed. Same reason Gladius Space Marines are broken as all fuck while Skyhammer, despite being just as retarded of a Formation, can't consistently win and doesn't really do anything in the competitive scene.

You are also severely underestimating the fact that EVERYTHING gets Canticles of the Omnissiah and, if you take Cawl, Canticles of the Archmagos. That means giving your entire army Stealth AND Shrouded for 2 turns and another full turn of 4++ saves for everyone. Hell, you can even pump your Skitarii up to freaking BS 10. And that's ignoring the other stuff that'll obviously be useful like re-rolling shooting if you want to save your Doctrines or the various melee bonuses.

Pic related gives you a good amount of bodies on your board and all the stupid shit Cawl allows you to do, for example. It's definitely good enough to consistently compete.

Newcrons are the best. They can finally have some personality instead of being another faceless doom like the tyranids.

How would people rate the Armoured Shield formation from the Guard start collecting box? Being able to bunker down around a tank like that seems really nice. Would it be a decent idea to base a small force around multiple of those formations?

Better at what?

Rules wise?
Newcrons obviously. The power creep is real between 3ed and 7ed.
Just looking at the space marine codexes over time shows obvious power creep.

Lore/fluff wise?
Oldcrons imo.
The less we knew about them, the more interesting they were.
Now, they're just mustache twirling villains and seem like a joke.
Oldcrons were a big menacing threat, and the old c'tan was a lot more interesting than being glorified pokemon.
The old rules were more interesting fluff-wise too.
People complain oldcrons were boring.
They never read the codex anyway, so I don't really care what they think.

the frag cannon watchmember

might put it off till tomorrow, though

>plastic immortals
>plastic tomb spider
newcrons

bendy gauss blasters can go fuck themselves
full metal models stuck on easily breakable flying stands can go double fuck themselves

This, by far the lore of the Oldcrons has much better

I like a lot of the new models.
But flayed ones are ridiculous, and I kinda wish they kept spyders the same, instead of how they look now.
Same with wraiths.
They really need to update the monlith model imo.
The kit is the exact same one since 3ed, and it's kind of a bitch to assemble.

>The less we knew about them, the more interesting they were.
I guess this applies to entire 40k. Discovering secrets of the universe is making it's less interesting, especially when "secret" it's now super retarded.

I want dark eldar wyches to take me and rape me I want them to over power me and make me call them mommy

Very true in a lot of cases.
Good point user.

As someone who typically plays assault based armies, and is well known for being all about axe to face action, how much do you think it would shit people up if I showed up to a tournament next month with 1500 points of dakka knights?

>Same with wraiths.
I can agree with flayed ones being ridiculous, but making more robot models to go along with scarabs was a good idea.

And the "snakemencrons" looked retarded.

So I'm starting to assemble a small number of Salamanders and I wanted to do something different than the usual SM flamer. So my question is, did anyone here tried assembling a Tactical Marine with the Imperial Guard flamer and backpack ? The biggest problem I'm predicting is modeling the SM arms which usually hold the gun in front of the chest to match this carry.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I stopped being dead, held aloft my dad's magic sword, and said BY THE POWER OF TERRA

Calgar became the mighty Master of Macragge and I became Lord Commander of the Imperium! THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!

Only three people share this secret- our friends: the Eldar Sorceress, Living-Saint, and Cawl!

Together we defend Terra from THE EVIL FORCES OF ABADDON.

I guess I just wish I still had the option to buy some of the old models.
A plastic old school spyer would be tits.

>forbidden lore (xenos) roll with 4+ degrees of failure

So, I was looking at getting a min sized IG CAD with Creed allied to my admech to give me infiltrate on something like vanguard or maybe dragoons, or even a melee knight. Is there anyone else who can give me that, with infiltrate for more units?

It's alright, but the problem is you typically want to make blobs of tanks and blobs of guard. 10 Guardsmen die really easily by themselves since they don't have the firepower that a larger blob does to defend themselves. 50 Guardsmen die just as easily as 5 sets of 10 do, but it's a pretty bad idea to stand in front of a huge blob with heavy weapons out the ass
No matter how awesome your unit is, 45 lasguns and 5 autocannons will fuck it up, especially with orders.

Can you take variants with the formation? I can't remember. It might be worth it if you have an expensive executioner with plasma sponsons and other wargear to make it harder to kill and difficult to assault.

what about howling banshees?

Cypher.

They'll run a made to order for crons at some point. Gdubs doesn't throw out anything ever.

Well, you'll get a swift death at least.

>getting killed slowly by a hot dom
>getting killed fast by a hot dom
well it could be worse right

Same, but I'd rather have my Wyches not be shit on table top

I think you can take variants, though I'm mostly working out ideas for how I want to build the army.

sorry, not seeing anything similar to the Tactical Genius rule here. am I an idiot?

Pls some critique, I'm pretty happy with it for comp.
Also vindicatpr prices are 5 points over what says in the codex each, so the list is 1850

Is the Castellans of the Imperium any good at 1000 points? I really want to build a crusade army.

yeah id love to have a bigger proportion of wyches in my dark eldar army but oh well glad I have new waifu yvraine. in my headcanon my archon was born from a one night stand between lelith and a random archon
>lelith hesprex is my arcons literal mother hot

PUT SOME SHOES ON YOU WHORE

foot fetish intensifies

Flayed ones may be the worst looking models in the game.

You're missing a dragoon there but I understand now.

Master of Ambush Warlord Trait can't Infiltrate vehicles.

>Still no rule 34

suffering

The individual models run the gamut of "okay" to "what the absolute fuck"
Taken as whole, I'd probably agree with you.
Individually? Without question the worst.

Newcrons are meh, but oldcrons were just metal nids plus the worst Mary Sue background ever (aka look at everything - Necrons did it).

I do really miss the old units though. The background to Wraiths and Flayed ones used to be so much better (as well as the models for flayed ones, the new ones are trash), and the Pariahs were a great idea with bad models. I really wish Pariahs would make a come back to be honest.

Did you ever actually read your codex?

This kind of shit is why the online list builder was a mistake.

I agree yvraine is a hot mama

Oh hey is that a Distraction Carnifex?

>I can't fucking read

Link to list?

You're right, my bad
I'm an idiot I guess.

Someone got their Z order today

Frankly, I'm rather impressed. I paid $24 instead of $118 for it, so I figured if it's shit, I get some cheap terrain. The main problems people were having like mold slips in the engines were non-existent. There are few melty spots, but at first inspection, I'd give it an 8.5. The pilot chair is a little fucked, but no one will be able to see it, and the landing gear extension is warped to shit, but I'm not even going to use it.

What impressed me most was the body/fuselage. It's solid, straight, and looks great. The only spot is the tail nub is weak and has a melty spot, which is nothing.

Man, I'll have to bite the bullet eventually for chinaman once Castellax and the transports are available in 40k for my AdMech. No way am I gonna spend a few hundreds of dollars to expand my force with a bunch of cool looking support units.

>he pilot chair is a little fucked, but no one will be able to see it, and the landing gear extension is warped to shit, but I'm not even going to use it.
>BETTER QUALITY THAN THE ORIGINAL

>What impressed me most was the body/fuselage. It's solid, straight, and looks great.

So you mean the shit you could have simply straightened out yourself.

You get what you pay for. I just hate how you either get complete garbage with recasts, or pay way too much for FW, AND you have to fix the problems that FW also have like mold lines, slips, rebending, etc.

I would rather dunk a chunk of resin in hot water and bend it than settle for completely marred details that are unusable from a recast. But I don't trust FW to give me a perfectly salvageable model from that era either. Their older models are all shit because they don't replace the molds.

I'd kinda feel like a scumbag fielding the Convocation so I guess I'll just stick with my shitty meme list. Oh well.

What in your opinion is the worst revealed secret of 40k (or 30k)?

Emps beeing an asshole I guess

The title expresses my innermost feelings.
Though, to be fair, I'm not sure if that Warlord Trait limitation is actually a downside or not if I nominate the Peltast Alpha, considering he'd get MC for his 3-in-1 weapon, meaning his full gear would be MC, effectively.

Would also mean I could save myself a bunch of points by cutting the 10-man blob down a bit and spreading them out more, since 9 PlasCal shots without any re-roll aside from Doctrines is dangerous as fuck.

Huh.

just.. 30k

Everything surrounding magnus, horus, the nature of the heresy, and chaos in general. It's baaaaaad.

Did I say better quality than the original? No, I said I am very impressed especially for Z of all people, and that it didn't have any of the normal problems I'd read about with recast avengers. Namely, most of them had mold slips on the engine. The shit that IS bad is largely ignorable. You literally can't see the problems with the pilot chair while he's sitting in it, and on top of that, hell be under the canopy. The landing gear extension is also 100% optional as per the forgeworld instructions, though if I had another foot pad, I'd love to magnetize it.

>secret
Was there ever any doubt about that though? I always figured that he must've been a pretty cold-hearted asshole to get humanity that far.

actually I'd forgotten about perpetuals and drachnyen being the first murder turned into a daemon and also stronger than the emperor

those are also pretty damn bad

>What is the biovore

Well you literally pointed entire BL Horus Heresy series.