sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>/5eg/ Mega Trove v4b [Trove is currently down.]
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
Question: What's your favorite spell in the new UA?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12670701
youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
mega.nz/#F!Go4DlIIS!UfD350ZZPJNe5aeZ0lc_Ug
strawpoll.me/12485925
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Shitty animu girl thread
I don't think so.

Favorite? Ceremony. Most OP? Haven't decided yet, but most of the choices are pretty solid.

>Most OP?
Healing Elixir and Puppet

>Years of "Clerics aren't priests!!" meme
>Clerics literally get a Priest spell

Does puppet force the target to lose its action? All it says is movement.

thoughts:
>give Cause Fear a repeat save like every other fucking spell, disadvantage clause still applies
>Ceremony (atonement) should probably have some kind of focus component associated with the creature in question
>Ceremony (Funeral) should probably be trumped by magic of 6th-level or higher (or can it be dispelled?)
>Chaos Bolt should be on the Warlock spell list
>Healing Elixir should have some form of scaling (extra elixir for every 2 levels above 1st?). Remember that life cleric with goodberry still outheals it.
>Puppet should have the standard clauses about moving the target into harmful situations, since it is a charm effect.
>The caster should be able to end Snare early without triggering it. I want my rope back, damn it.
>Snare should probably not also make the target prone, since Restrained does all the same shit, and prone just denies advantage to ranged attacks. Unless that's the intent.
>Toll the Dead being a d12 damage cantrip feels wrong.
>Unearthly Chorus should be a significantly higher level
>Wild Cunning is probably too good as a ritual, since a survival check should do the same thing in ten minutes
>Zephyr Strike should be weaker somehow (either higher level or duration 1 round), since it's mobile feat++ as it is

am I wrong?

What's your favorite cantrip or spell from the new UA?

strawpoll.me/12670701
strawpoll.me/12670701
strawpoll.me/12670701

Nevermind, I'm retarded, it is movement not on the targets turn.

>Ceremony

Same. Finally, after all these years, I can officiate a wedding in D&D.

But in all seriousness, it's a pretty fun spell.

>No love for sudden awakening
but why?

>Shotgun Wedding the Rogue for Extra AC

>completely replace Survival with a ritual spell

>have better healing than the Cleric with a 1st level spell
>additionally, higher level Wizards can cheese to store them infinitely

>make people walk off of cliffs

Primal Savagery is pretty cool, though.

Toll The Dead so far.

I don't see why people are complaining about healing elixir, it's exactly the same as a potion of healing and it's temporary, and it's action inefficient (10 whole minutes to cast, and an action to use for something that heals less than a cast of cure wounds at 1st)

wtf is that

>Infestation
>Cantrip
>Components: V, S, M (a living flea)

>cantrip
>(a living flea)

Somehow, I feel people that regularly use this spell will either have to be very, very careful or they will be the embodiment of unhygienic.

1 minute to cast

It's been awhile but I'm back. First with the official list that probably won't change for a while yet.

>embodiment of unhygienic

There is a reason Druids and Warlocks get it.

Probably can just use a focus instead though.

The spell as written has no limit on the number of potions the caster can create, and it has a casting time of 1 minute.

If you wanted, you could easily spend a short rest making 60+ healing potions that all last 24 hours. Basically for free.

And now for the everything list, added in all the recent UAs.

It's cast time is only one minute, and it has a higher healing average than Cure Wounds at 1st level. The only flaw with it is that it scales poorly.

The action deal also isn't an issue because normal potions take the same action economy to use. The only problem there is that the Fighter may be using his action instead of the Cleric. But, on that token, it's inefficient to do healing during combat for anybody.

The only real flaw with Healing Elixir is that it doesn't scale for slots, which doesn't actually matter for the best use of the spell, which is to make dozens of elixirs out of combat and hand them out.

>>Unearthly Chorus should be a significantly higher level

It's a useless spell on a Bard.
There's no universe where you should take that on your Spell Known slot over Enhance Ability

Have you ever successfully cast a spell with a 1 minute casting time in combat?
What was it? and what were the circumstances?

>>Ceremony (Funeral) should probably be trumped by magic of 6th-level or higher (or can it be dispelled?)

I would make the effects of Funeral Right permanent unless trumped by 7th-level or higher magic.

I didn't realize until now at level 18 Wizards have infinite healing at their disposal without Theurgy.

Aside from not having 60 spell slots? It isn't a ritual or a cantrip.

Healing Elixir has an average of 7hp (2*2.5+2) healing. It costs a spell slot in advance and an action to use. It cannot be upcast and has a range of touch.

Assuming a wisdom of 16 at 1st-level, Cure Wounds heals 7.5 (4.5+3) health, has a cast time of 1 action, can be upcast, and has a range of touch.

Assuming the same 16 wisdom, Healing Word averages out to 5.5 health, is a bonus action, and is ranged.

When the cleric reaches 20 wisdom, Healing Word has a higher average healing per slot. A Life cleric also casts it significantly better.

Healing Elixir is strong, but not gamebreaking. Maybe the potion duration should be lowered to 8 hours?

How are you making 60+ healing potions with a first level spell

Has any spell gotten a damage dice downgrade when used at higher level spell slots before now? I understand why it's like that but it seems like of crappy to finally give Sorcerers a unique spell only to pull something like that.

>chaos bolt
Some threads ago some user just made a similar homebrew . . . You know what that . . . means ?

Mearles-senpai notice me.

Sorry, thought I saw that the spell had the ritual tag.

chaos bolt is from earlier editions

i forcecage the flea

My real issue with Healing Elixir is that Warlocks and Wizards get it. Even if it's not the best healing spell, it's still really strong, especially for two classes that really shouldn't be healing at all.

Wizards are typically for non-buff and non-healing utility, while Clerics are all about buffs and heals. Giving them such a strong healing spell kind of steps on Cleric's toes.

even if it did that would at 10 min to casting time

that was me

The d6 is bonus damage added onto the spell, not what the die changes into.

To be fair, it's pretty shitty on a warlock, since the whole no-slots-and-nonscaling-spell thing.. Wizard shouldn't get it, I agree.

Looking for the original user of this here Runeweaver homebrew. If there is an updated version, I would very much like to see it, in love with this class.

Ok so newish dm here, about to start my second campaign. Cousin wants to play, never has before. So I show him race/class/background options.
>half elf sounds good I'll do that
>ooh rogue sounds awesome
>charlatan, definitely
Fucking 8 skill proficiencies and two with expertise...damn...
The other 3 PCs have no more than 4

That's what I mean, is any other spell's bonus damage from casting at a higher level slot a different kind of die than the initial damage dice?

Rogues are skill monkeys. It's what they get for being mediocre in combat

yes and

WOW ITS NOTHING

Not that I can think of, but it's still a decent increase. For example, Fireball's damage only increases by 1d6 per level when its base is 8d6 for 3rd level. Chaos Bolt is 2d8 and goes up by 1d6 every level.

Granted, Chaos Bolt seems like it's unlikely to hit huge AoEs like Fireball does.

I don't think it's all that bad considering a lot of spells that do like 4dx only adding one extra dx per level

>Granted, Chaos Bolt seems like it's unlikely to hit huge AoEs like Fireball does.
no shit

>everyone overreacting to Healing Elixir
It's just another level 1 healing spell. It isn't better than the others.

Use a focus or spell component pouch like a normal person.

I've never seen a fight last 1 minute.

>It's just another level 1 healing spell. It isn't better than the others.
Wizards own so hard
Here's my wiz

All in a day's work.

You also won't be blowing your team up with Chaos Bolt, is the flipside of it.

Nothing really just thought it was crazy

>filename

It did seem a bit familiar Mr. Fives and Twos

>playing 3rd-level paladin with 32 hit points
>clear second-to-last-room of the cave
>take short rest, regain all hit points. back to 32.
>find a 6th level druid that has gone mad
>combat begins after some RP
>haven't taken damage, halfway through the fight. druid is looking pretty rough
>druid casts tidal wave, fail DC16 dex save.
>DM says he rolled max damage on all dice.
>32 damage

shit

That's Rogue's schtick, getting a shitload of skills.
You're gonna shit a brick if they ever get to 11 though if that's a big deal to you.

>Healing Elixir is a Warlock spell

As if there weren't enough reasons to dip 2 Warlock.

>DM says he rolled max damage on all dice.
so the dm cheated...?

no?

imagine being this insecure about a game of pretend

5egmegaanon!
Add the new spells to the 5etools!

you always post that image

I'll add them tomorrow. I've had a busy day and a game tonight. No need to worry, they'll get in there eventually.

youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

i'll get in u

Please is a word people sometimes use..

Thank (you)

The Mega has suffered another DMCA takedown. This is takedown #4! And yet, in just a few seconds, here is the trove again.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v5
mega.nz/#F!Go4DlIIS!UfD350ZZPJNe5aeZ0lc_Ug

Please replace the link in the next OP with this one.

Thanks Me Ganon!

It's SKT so it's gonna happen and I just took a look at the phb... That's just insane, 8 skills he'll never be able to roll under 10 plus modifier. He chose stealth(obviously) as one of his expertise skills so level 11, +4 for prof +4 for expertise, 16 in dex so +3. That means a minimum roll of 21. Jesus. And that's if he doesn't increase dex with ASIs

o7

At least it isn't perception

Thanks dude, I'll remember to put that in there.

No but he's got a +2 in wis so that's a minimum roll of 16...

While I understand that you're going to anyway, please don't add this garbage to the tools. We don't need this. We don't want this.

Fuck you, I want it, as does the user who demanded it first.

Arch-Heirophant here. Druids are flexible as to sexual orientation. There is literally nothing wrong with this. It says so in the PHB.

We don't want or need you but here you are.

Putting aside whether Chaos Bolt is strong enough, the important question is: What happens when you crit?

I think you know what happens.

>losing business

Probably already answered, but

Puppet does not use your movement, reaction, etc, therefore it does not trigger opportunity attacks.

Movement is movement on your turn. If it meant 'using your speed', it would say using their speed.

What a bitch, was that you? You're a bitch

Oh no, he'll have to reupload it again, something that takes like a few seconds.

What a travesty.

What are you doing in these threads? Shouldn't you be in hospitals pulling plugs on patients because they don't have insurance or something?

So how do we fix Warlock's Blade and Chain pact options?

Big shit. Actually the spell is good with the Metamagic for rerolling dice, the Wild Sorcerer's level 18, Twinned Spell and Critical Hits.

It's got a chance to waste an entire group.

You assume he even has a job, or a life for that matter.

strawpoll.me/12485925

Is Mega still fucked sitewide for anyone else?

>No TftYP adventures
>No LMoP

I'm not voting on this one.

DMCA.

I own a game store, and it's bastards like you who are putting us out of business.

>Maybe Mearls senpai will thank me directly this time!
>he might even overnight me some Cummies
Woooow. You're kind of a faggot.

lol eat shit

I play the game and bought the books BECAUSE of bastards like him, shithead.

don't you get all your buisness from Magic the Gathering anyway?