/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Lorgar Wills It edition

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Who else plays Blackshields?

How do you run them?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is this a decent 2500 point custodes list? planning on deepstriking everything but the dreads and dick bikes

Shield Captain
Praesidium Shield
Digital Lasers
Cyner Familiar
Paragon Spear
Teleportation Transponder
Tribune

Sentinal Squad
+1 Custode
Power Gauntlet x1
Teleportation Transponders
Magisterium Vexilla

Sentinal Squad
+1 Custode
Power Gauntlet x1
Magisterium Vexilla

Contemptor Achillus
Dreadspear

Hetaeron Guard
+2 Hetaeron Guard
Praesidium Shield
Solerite Gauntlet x3
Pyrithite Spear x2

Agamatus Jetbike
Twin Linked Corvae Las-Pulser

Agamatus Jetbike
Twin Linked Corvae Las-Pulser

Contemptor Galatus Dreadnought

How would you build an Iron Hands heavy Meduson shattered legions list?

Help me decide legion pls.

Im torn between DA, Ultramarines, IF, IW, DG, WE, AL or maybe even Sons of Horus but I'm unsure.

I have no fucking clue to be honest. I just want a legion without conflicting color schemes or anachronical units for a set color scheme

Posting my slow work on my Thousand sons. Tamiya clear red is amazing, but super finicky and expensive. I'm all out and no store in town has it in stock.

Damn, ignore the 8mb of death, wrong image. Heres the optimized version

Is there any tamiya white color I can use to achieve metallic/pearl white effect?

What on earth is going on with those bases?

Blue tack so I can paint them with an airbrush before I transfer them to custom resin bases. Don't want red all over white marble.

Makes sense. I am going to have a rough assed time with my Sons of Horus, I based my boys when I built them, now painting the fucking things is gunna be a nightmare.

> please help choose my legion from EIGHT CHOICES
Get out.

> white marble bases with cherry red TS
I see you are an user of exceptional taste.
Carry on

Shit didn't realize there was new bread. Asking again here I guess

I do. I haven't played a game yet, it obviously varies based on what option you take. I'm taking option 1 chymeraie and am relying on blobs backed by medusae and Leviathan Dreadnaughts.

Also playing option 1 Chymeriae with blob squads, though I'm using air support, a Scorpius, and a Cataphractii spearhead as the core of my force. That said, I experimented with option 2... but I can't justify Leadership 6.

So after reviewing the crusade imperialis book, imperial militia definitely can't take a stormlord, they can't use the generic lord of war list from before.

So that leaves me with my only options for ogryns in an assault transport as: dark compliance, or an allied detachment. I could ally with solar auxilia, but auxilia lasrifles are considerably worse than militia grenadiers, because grenadiers get 3+ saves and S4 lasrifles.

So I guess I have to stick with dark compliance for my list so I can take a stormlord and shove ogryns in it. Not sure if I should just take the bare minimum space marine HQ so I can run it as militia + some marine vehicles, or if I should make more use of the marine component.

>So that leaves me with my only options for ogryns in an assault transport as

Have them jump on another unit's Gorgon dedicated transport.

Not an assault transport.

But all those armies are Alpha Legion. I don't see the problem here.

Jokes aside, of those choices my favorite would have to be DG for dat phosphex

"Have you lost your temper, Roboute?"

"I am going to gut you."

"You have lost your temper."

I'm not very good at details, and my impatience is devastating, but I'm trying to take my time with these guys.

Thank you for reassuring my choices. Next choice are for gold trim across the whole force, or silver for the mooks.

Battlescribe is retarded. Idk what they did to it, but it also way overcosts jetbikes for command squads, enough that I was able to leave it off of my HQ and was still 5 points over, according to them. Do the math yourself, check to see if anything else in your list is broken, then just have it on the app to view the list itself.

>u mad bro?
>chaosfags think this is top banter

When adding a stormlord as a lord of war to a space marine force, do I use the Escalation stormlord or the Crusade Imperialis stormlord? It doesn't specify.

Escalation one is cheaper, Crusade Imperalis one has heavy bolters instead of stubbers, can get armored ceramite, and has explorator upgrade.

Is this salvageable?

everything is salvageable when it's looted!

Where theres glue, theres a way.

As battlefield debris maybe.

So I bought that big humble bundle with the 15$ option
which books should I read?

None of them.

please no

Of that bunch only books 1-5, A Thousand Sons, Nemesis, The First Heretic, and Prospero Burns are worth reading.

ah well, mightve had to pay 10$ each at best for a physical copy, so could be worse

Suppose I got that from FW and contact them for a replacement. How should I describe it's condition in plain terms? I'm not good at English.

I am making a beautiful and wonderful mistake.

Tell them your pieces have very significant mold shift that is beyond repair, and attach a picture of it.

Assuming you don't prostrate yourself before a 2nd ed alter daily:

Top Tier:
Horus Rising, A Thousand Sons, The First Heretic, Prospero Burns

Good Tier:
False Gods, Galaxy in Flames, Flight of the Eisenstein, Fulgrim, Legion

Meh Tier: Mechanicum, the half of Fallen Angels set on Caliban, Nemesis

Heresy Tier: Descent of Angels, Battle for the Abyss, The half of Fallen Angels set in space

Try each story in the anthology, skip to the next if you hate the first several pages.

I've had some pretty poorly casted FW stuff in the past, if you email them with photos they'll often send you a replacement.

Although if that's from a friendly chinaman you're shit out of luck

Oh, it's the latter. Is the slip actually too much to try and fix? Considering the price, I'm not terribly worried, but still.

How many Dreadclaws is too many?

No such thing, I'm afraid.

You're not actually making MKIIB venerable land raiders, are you? That would be extremely silly.

I don't kknow about tamiya, but I use pearlescent paint from an art shop. I'm not a great painter and so it goes on a little thick (watering it down is tricky). I do the usual dark grey, light grey, white highlight then put the pearl over the top.

play Ultramarines, best chapter AND best legion

Why would it be? They're Horus Heresy accurate and fit the theme.

Except there are no venerable land raiders in 30k.

>silver for the mooks.
TS bro here, you have all my good vibes for your painting projects and for not just doing the gold almost everyone else is now TS are hot.

But if you want to be maximum fluffy white/silver/ivory trim is usually used for vets, with command ranks reversing it. However, that's just me saiyan, you obv don't have to do that etc etc.
Best of luck with your dudes.

Should I order some Dreadclaw parts then? I have one claw already, but I also have 2 unopened drop pods. I play Night Lords, so I was planning on using the pods for a Terror Assault.

To illustrate. And yes, I'm a bad painter, apologies. Admittedly these aren't finished (not that they'll get any better beyond the tidying up they need) and it's also a snap taken under a ceiling light, excuses etc. But posting to show that TS don't just have to be gold trim.
This is based on the armourial plate from Inferno and also a little bit of personal preference.
L to R
Senior command, Vet, Line Legionary, Line Sgt.

>No one still hasn't made a Perturabo version of this image regarding the Iron Cage
I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy.

Perturabo didn't really plan anything besides forts and bulwarks (because thats all he really knows). If anything, he was probably expecting it to be his last siege ever and wanted to make the most of a gory ending - assuming Dorn didn't bomb the shit out of him.

But instead, Dorn turned Pert and his legion into a masturbatory aid. Pert got to be a daemon prince for his troubles, but what fun has he had really? Hes been playing with legos for 10k years, hoping for the day Abaddon makes good on his promise to get him back to Terra to siege Dorn's palace one more time for good ol' times sakes.

Dorn died happy, knowing the scions of his legion to be worthy, fighting in the service of the Emperor. But Pert? How could he possibly be pleased with being a bored daemon prince?

> top tier Prospero Burns, or rather Dan Hacknett attempts to copy style of much better author and shoehorn book into the series
Pic related

>Sharpe in space
>Battle of Britain in space
>Greek myths in space
>Arab and Old English tales in space
>Iain M Banks in..space. Wait.

All brought to you through the filter of Dune.
Give him his due, they're still better than the 'original' frameworks of some of the other novels.

>people say Prospero Burns just rips off 13th Warrior
>which was based on Eaters of the Dead
>which ripped off Ibn Fadlan's Risala and Beowulf
>when Hawser was meming on Ibn Rustah's travel compendium
>when Hawser is a meme of Kaspar Hauser
>which is called out in the book by an incredulous Thousand Son

we need to go deeper

The Horus Heresy is based on the legend of King Arthur. Theres no need to pretend this story has to retain any hint of originality.

Agreed. Which is why it's funny when people act faux-outraged about something in the setting being based on something, when the whole thing up to the parent 40K universe has been since it's inception a conglomeration of influences from existing material blended together to create something new.

>the legend of King Arthur.
Yeah, no you got the wrong old story that this is based off of.

Isn't that the whole point of 40k? Taking a hodge-podge of stuff and maxing it out to absurdity all while set to death metal blaring in the background.

>The Horus Heresy is based on the legend of King Arthur
You mean Jesus

Pretty much. One of the reasons why it's accessible and enjoyable.
Personally I like spotting where all the shit comes from. It's also worth remembering that while it's all technically intentional, half the time it's intentionally intentional. Folding other stuff into new stories is a thing. At the very least, it makes kids or whatever go and wiki Paradise Lost or Beowulf.

Of couse, it can go wrong. McNeil has got to the point where he explains his refs in case you're dense, and Kyme's version of the Odyssey was worse than what I imagine anyone here could plot out given the task.

Any pic? I'd like to see how it gonna be seen on miniatures.

>Implying he won't just use Horus Heresy equipment in 40k
>Maybe even ally in LR to 30k

Battle for the abyss was ridiculously funny
>Ultramarine has a bad dream
>Convinces a Navy flotilla and elements from three different legions to check out the closet

This list is also acceptable, if you want a full-series scope.

Deliverance Lost and Vengeful Spirit being that high rustles my jimmies, however.

Wat

cut the bitches in half and glue it correctly

Well, basically an Ultramarine has a premonition about a Word Bearers plot to blow up macragge. He then scrapes together like 4 navy ships, a few thousand sons, some space wolves and takes his own troops to check it. All based on a dream. Ridiculous smooth talkers, those Ultramarines.

That's probably the shortest and still most accurate description of the plot.

>CHA 20

Are Battle for the Abyss and Know No Fear revolves around about same time?

They find out in KNF that the Abyss plot failed.

>Ultramarine Stat adjustments
+4 Cha
-494 Worlds

Thuntard Warrior Faggot here, Outcast Dead was amazeballs. Ovr nd out.

Actually the worst non-Tripfag post I've ever seen in this general. I salute your appalling personality, user. Keep on rolling.

Why is Scars lower than Path of Heaven?

Coz Emperor's Children are better than Space Wolves.

Different user here, I liked it. It wasn't a great story but I had more fun reading it then Fear to Tread.
Talking about that, how would you go about with a Counts-as Thunder Warriors army would you just play Space Marines without a Legion, Black Shields, or Custodes?

If I want to make assault termies, am I better off with Tarts, or are Catas still better?

Depends on what your legion is.

Bless you.

It's parody, or at least that's what I was going for.

Blackshield Chymeraie option one make the most sense. Additional strength and toughness, lose initiative and the ability to sweeping advance. Cannot take any Legion as allies.

Night Lords, so I can just Deepstrike them.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

I 100% want a pyroclast squad, probably in a land raider. I'm not sure what to field raven guard with, maybe infiltrate up a tactical support squad or a mor deythan squad. My tactical marines will be iron hands, and whatever squad I put meduson in will be iron hands though I don't know what yet. Maybe a melee command squad, or some immortals.

just use nuln oil gloss m9

Oh, and I'd be doing After Istvaan, so my troops would be veterans. Probably in rhinos.

What are some vehicles I could use to leverage the salamanders flamers? Heavy flamer land speeders?

Better than that Corax short story where he hears that he was saved by a premonition and jumps to the conclusion that his survival was part of Chaos' plan

What was wrong with Vengeful Spirit?

That sounds cringy as fuck if you me. I just want marines, not fucking earth tales on space vol. 4-15

Anyone got pic related?

>literally black Salamanders

>Meduson's still alive
aw yeeee

We don't know that, the book's basically Meduson + the Seventh Serpent with the short stories Hand Elect and Unspoken added in.

Woohoo look at all those sweet headshot kills I'm about to get.

oh, bummer
usually I'm all for keeping HH/40k cryptic, but I need me some closure of my niggas Meduson and Vhalen

> Furious Abyss destroyed with a great sacrifice of the Loyalist
> Lorgar: It's ok, we have 2 more anyway lol

> the Beast got killed with a great sacrifice of Vulkan
> the Beast: Tis o-k. We hav 6 moar Prime-Orks.
> Oh, also that Beast survived after all

History repeating itself or BL being BL?

Why doesn't BL just assign novels for characters/races/chapters/legions etc to writers that aren't massive fanboys of the aforementioned character/race/etc?

Everyone in this book is an idiot
>Horus-don't-waste-troops-on-Istvaan-3-Lupercal risks planetfall on Molech despite how much of a risk it puts him at and how much harder it will make the campaign
>The tactical genius that is Horus Lupercal is almost immediately killed by a Knight Titan, but is saved at the last possible moment by forces both beyond his control and that he wasn't aware of
>Horus stands around while Loken and co. are fighting the mournival instead of killing them. He then lets Loken make a big speech about how he's going to take him down instead of killing him
>"Fuck the Warp" Mortarion sacrifices the deathshroud because daemons told him to (Wraight's short released later does not excuse this)
>Abaddon's gravelly voice is explained by him being burned one time

It's hard to take seriously when the alleged demigods are making such stupid decisions just to set up le epic setpiece.

So true. Just look at Savage Weapons and the Prince of Crows prologue. The best Dark Angels stuff we got so far.