Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs DED

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/ic7ql04ncu0gkd8/AAAn_bJIdgJD7Nl__r6uGEwxa?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Def 12
You mean like what a Titan should be?

But dey is efelants user

>Retribution

Everything (or close to it) in faction works. Multiple playstyles, lot of options, great internal balance.

>Convergence

If recent tournament results are taken as gospel, the best faction in the game. Very limited on choices, though, as they're a limited release faction, and will get little-to-no more models.

>Skorne

Strong now, lots of options, most of the faction is functional now.

>Minions

Competitive but limited options, and of those limited options only a handful are particularly good.

I'd suggest Retribution, as it's just *good* and has a lot of things to do -- if you like the aesthetic, at least.

Convergence and Minions are perfectly fine, you've just got a couple of core builds, and that's all you'll play.

I'd pretty much agree with this.

If you're choosing between these factions, Ret is the way to go. Their state as a faction, in terms of balance and ability for variation, is the bar that all other factions should be measured against. Additionally, they're about to get a fuckton of new releases.

I guess if they have one problem, it's that, if you like following the fluff, Ret often feel sort of... off to one side, I guess, of the main story. They tend to be doing their own sneaky thing, and while it's important to them, it often feels like their plot is a sideplot compared to the stuff with the human factions of Warmachine.

I've played plenty of Menoth and want to start Legion, but one look at Kryssa (and then listening to some podcasts), I want to avoid the starter box like the plague. I know I want Fyanna 2 to be one of my lists, would she be a good warlock to build up with and get some learning games with? Are there any others that pair up well with her (I don't understand JVM's Rhyas list)?

>would she be a good warlock to build up with and get some learning games with?

Yes. Everything she does is very good, but also very easy to understand (+3 DEF feat, +3 damage spell, etc.). She does a good job of using Legion's strengths, rather than trying to shore up weaknesses.

Abby2, and Lylyth3 would be good warlocks to pair with her. Abby2 runs beast heavy like a champ, and Lylyth3 has some good shooting and brings her own anti-shooting tech.

JVM's just playing Rhyas because he gets off on silly shit and is having fun with her and Proteus getting some weird attack vectors.

Do we have the new Command books in the file collection anywhere?

Anyone have a PDF of No Quarter 71?

dropbox.com/sh/ic7ql04ncu0gkd8/AAAn_bJIdgJD7Nl__r6uGEwxa?dl=0

Theres my dropbox with the most recent NQs, Also there's a bunch (all) of IKRPG content that I cut from NQs and separated into their own pdfs for convenience.

Thanks

A list similar to what JVM runs with Fyanna2 in Oracles can work well for Kryssa. Just shuffle out the Angelii and extra Sorc and Hellion and toss in four Neraphs, Azrael, Black Frost Shard, and a Succubus. Kryssa is not a very exciting or personally active warlock most of the time but she has a lot of mobility and her feat turn can be monstrous if timed well.

Did someone say THICC girls of WMH thread?

It's in the OP user.
>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
The Cryx and Khador Command Books aren't available for purchase as pdfs yet, which is how I've uploaded the others. When they become available I will do so.

Question:

Man-O-Wars

Yay or Nay?

Shocktroopers+UA+MoWK can be a good package with some casters such as Kozlov and Strakhov2. Bombadiers and Demo Corps probably need as-yet unreleased UAs or rules tweaks to be worth it most of the time.

>Strahkov

Arm 25 on feat turn?

I wonder if spamming them could be effective?

Merci.

Friendship ended with Vinter. Julius is my king now.

So far, shocktroopers are the only viable version. Two ways to run them:

1. Vlad2, Kozlov and Irusk1 can run the whole boat with Officer and Kovnik to make them mobile enough to get shit done.

2. With Irusk 2, you can use a max unit without further upgrades to put a unit Rifle Corps directly behind them and use them as protection while they shoot things to death. In a pinch, the Man-O-wall can be enhanced with Battle Lust to fuck up a heavy.

>Titan are 12/19
>Skorne is joined with Minions as the worst faction

>Titans go to 10/19
>Apparently this is fine and Skorne is now better because of it

>one unit has worse defensive stats, therefore every other change made to the faction does not exist!

Wew,

>skorne crier
>post errata

Invest in manowar stock before theme comes out. If fang theme is anything to go by, it will be broken.

Otherwise get 1 full shock boat and de done with it.

oh god, another one?

Ffs. I would take 10/19 over 12/18 any day. All that you care about is still going to hit you, but the one armor makes a huge difference on heavies with so many boxes.

>If fang theme is anything to go by, it will be broken.

Fang theme becomes trash the moment everyone brings out the anti-infantry tech. It's just not used at all at the moment, because of muh 7 heavies.meta

I miss my Mk2 Butcher3

>One
You mean all Titans, right? You know, Titans, the workhorse heavy of Skorne? Even Minions are laughing at us now. I'd take a Blackhide Wrassler over a Gladiator any day of the week. 1 more point but but +2DEF, higher base speed, free charges half the time, and an insane animus?

MAT6 swinging on DEF10 has an 8.3% chance to miss, but against DEF12 it jumps to a 27.8% chance. That's a really big jump.

Consider that most things that arm 18 or higher is worried about is mat7.

The def stat nerf sucked and I'm not super sure why it happened other than lol fluff designspace.

If they had stayed 12, wrongeye and snapjaw, burning ash, mordikaar feat, there are a lot of tools that would have been really nice to have.

That being said, Skorne is in a really good place now, what with all the units being viable and good at what they do. A makeda 1 list has been tearing up our store. Its 2 max arcuarii, MK, and some support. It's very fast and very effective.

PP no one is going to buy your other MoW models until we know the theme is worth using. Nice try though.

>2 max arcuarii

Of all the casters you could use with Arcuarii, why Makeda1? I would've thought anyone with debuffs would be much better like Rasheth or even Hexxy1.

>Even Minions are laughing at us now.

Are you retarded?

Skorne are one of the stronger factions now. Minions are at the bottom of the curve.

>Skorne are one of the stronger factions, I swear!
Everyone keeps saying that. Meanwhile the most common Skorne list in large tournaments is Rasheth, whose most common list received little to no changes in the errata.

But yeah I'm sure the errata had a big impact on Skorne.

Cry more. Skorne is great.

I'm just coping with buying 4 units of mows in mk2.

I'm sorry user.

>I'd take a Blackhide Wrassler over a Gladiator any day of the week...
So play minions instead and quit bitching.

>I know you've bought like, a full faction and all, but just buy another!

>I'd take a Blackhide Wrassler over a Gladiator any day of the week.

You've already got Enrage in faction, of course you'd like to get someone else's core-faction STR buff.

So that's not really an even trade.

Gladiator + PGBH for Wrassler and Targ, though, is more like it, and I don't think there's any sane argument that Minions have the better side of that.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

You're an idiot, then.

>Skorne used to have free charges and DEF12 Titans
>"I THINK LOSING FREE CHARGES TO GET A DEF12 BEATSTICK BACK IS FAIR"
Fuck off.

ARM 26 on feat turn. ARM 23 any another time. And some cheap dudes for Last Stand.

Which Factions are considered easy to play?
I am a newbie and do not want to play an army that is seen as EZMode. I want to feel as though I have earned my wins.
Is this a real thing to worry about, or are all armies demanding some skill from the player?

Mostly in terms of Skorne and Trolls. I like the style, but don't want my gameplan to consist of 'Move into B2B and eat them'.
Which is more demanding between those 2?

>First Immoren
>THEN THE STARS

All armies demand some skill from the player; there's no easy faction.

Some casters are more difficult to play than others, and several have a singular, highly-focused gameplan, but there's no "easy mode".

Thanks a lot, mate.

I hate painting infantry and I have like 3 units to do.

>Venator Slingers
>Praetorian Swordsmen + UA
>Praetorian Ferox
fuggin gil me :-DDD

Is there a good list pair for Magnus2 that's not Ossrum?

I hate playing him, he feels super cheesy.

Trolls look so boring, play Skorne.

i wanted to get into hordemnachines when the third edition rolled around(was it third?) but when i read about it it turned out you guys thought it was mostly shit.

has it been fixed yet ?

You probably heard some guild ball propaganda
I honestly would much prefer the beginning for mk3 over mk2 but that's just me.

Since then, a lot of things got changed: Una, Wurmwood, Power attacking own models is no longer a thing. Skorne got buffed pretty much faction-wide. A lot of factions have decent theme list now which

don't listen to Veeky Forums ever, if there are people near you who play, play it

You got duped by the AoShitters, mate. MkIII started off better than the previous edition, and it's only gotten better with the following erratas.

Anyone that says otherwise is either a shill or a Cryxbabby.

I'm gonna end up in that boat come June. 32 models all at once...

As a note, Skorne did just get 2nd place at Crucible. Neither of those lists was the accepted standard.
Makeda1
- Hydra
- Molik Karn
- Gladiator
- Agonizer
Beast Handlers min
Bloodrunners
Legends
Master Tormentor

Zaal2
- Cannoneer
- Krea
- Shaman
Immortals Max x3
- UA x2
Tyrant Commander
Hakaar
Ancestral Guardian
Chef

...That's a lot of Immortals.

>Makeda1
>Not accepted

>Zaal2
>Affected by the errata

Intredasting.

You clearly have not experienced the horror that is Makeda and her army of jumping murder cats

I'm working on painting up Xerxis1 and his army of PS16+4d6 murder cats.

I haven't painted a model since mk2.
Currently staring at 3 nomads, 2 talons, 2.5 warcasters, trenchers, boomhowlers, and a shit ton of Kingmaker solos in metal form.

feelsrealfuckingbad.png

Solos are easy as fuck. It's just that when you've got a horde of dudes who all look the same staring at you, shit's grim.

Notice I said the lists are not the accepted standard, not the warlocks. I've never seen Makeda1 (or any Makeda) talked about with a Hydra before. Usually it's Ferox and Karn in the majority of discussion.

Played Strakhov for the first time today!

It went... kind of bad. My opponent's list was obnoxious (Gaspy1, 2x Satyxis boats, birds, 2 arc nodes, worm, deathjack, gunslingers) for my 5 jacks+supports to deal with.

Turn 1, my opponent ran forward and managed to snipe my Widowmaker marksman with a lucky 6" deviation going forward. My turn 1 was walking forward, getting some damage onto Deathjack and trying to jam with the Kayazy.

Turn 2, all but one Kayazy died (nice die rolls, yo) and Kell Bailoch got charged too. My turn 2 was actually solid; A Juggernaut and Torch killed some Satyxis, the Kayazy killed a Satyxis blocking a charge lane and sidestepped away, Behemoth did some damage against Deathjack and killed my own Kayazy with a scatter, Strakhov charged another Satyxis and sprinted back into safety. Lastly, Ruin smacked Deathjack dead and overran out of Cancerworms threat range.

Turn 3, Gaspy did some Parasite and teleported, the remaining 15 Satyxis charged my jacks and combined with the Gunslingers, did 10 feedback damage to Strakhov.

Almost all of my army was jammed up, so I went for the assasination. Torch got two focus, Ruin got 2 focus. Strakhov then shot some birds,cast overrun on a Juggernaut and feated. Torch went next and burned 3 Satyxis out of the charge lane with aimed and boosted fire. Behemoth had to squat a satyxis, Juggernaut2 killed another and then Juggernaut1 got the Overrun off.

The moment of truth, Ruin charges Gaspy, who was sitting on 2, taking 4 free-strikes all of which did no damage. I hit the charge, doing 15 damage, proccing a focus. Attack 2 did 7 damage, proccing another. The two next attacks missed and I hate to concede.

Overall, I don't think I made a mistake and I can rest in peace with the knowledge that missing two swings on 5s was just the universe conspiring against me.

But it was fun regardless and thanks to my opponent, who was kind of to play with me after I waited 4 hours at my store for someone to show up.

If you want the lists, ask.

So I've been playing Amon and Thyra all MK3 and been having a blast, but now I want to try some jankier shit. What do you think?

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Reznik 2 Flameguard

Theme: Guardians of the Temple
1 / 1 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Sanctifier - PC: 14

Nicia, Tear of Vengeance - PC: 0
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Wrack - PC: 1
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Daughters of the Flame - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
Flame Bringers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 17

THEME: Guardians of the Temple
---
War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Feora3

Theme: Guardians of the Temple
1 / 1 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Feora, the Conquering Flame - WJ: +27
- Hand of Judgment - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Vigilant - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Indictor - PC: 15
- Indictor - PC: 15

Nicia, Tear of Vengeance - PC: 0

Flame Bringers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 17
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6

THEME: Guardians of the Temple
---

>running Strakhov
>calling anyone else's list obnoxious

Ain't nothing wrong with super optimized lists, but have some self-awareness bruh.

I can't wait for Skorne to get its first theme list n_n

Winds of Death is a thing, even if it's just to give Rasheth a wall to hide behind while his beast herd moves forward.

And by "beast herd" you mean "Mammoth", right?

pls, Strakhov1 is not even top 5

(I actually meant obnoxious as a matchup. It was a lot of blast-immune infantry and clouds).

Did tough fix Bane Thralls?

MOAR BANEZ is pretty scary to go up against.

It's just not competitive enough, because gunlines are a thing.

Imagine if they had stealth.

That was way too cancerous though. If the debate is no stealth vs stealth.

However, maybe a rule that gives them concealment at all times or something? I'd be down for that.

What is everyone's favourite Theme list right now?

> Destruction Initiative
Free Servitors, that also inherit Shield Guard, for buying models that I want to spam anyway?
It's so good that it warps the entire faction around it.

> Ravens of War
Not a power player, but fluffy and fun. Everything is Stealthed, flying, ambushing and generally being a nightmare to engage properly.

Bought a Rager today, because it's part of my 100p Jacks Harkevich list to get 4 free solos.

But since the Forge Seers aren't out yet, I can't play that list yet. Are there any other lists that use a Rager? I thought about dusting off Irusk2 and give him a last honorary spin, since he will get replaced by Strakhov2 in a few weeks.

>Which Factions are considered easy to play?
I don't know if they're "easy to play," but Cygnar, Retribution and Khador are the top-tier factions right now (so is Convergence, but their faction doesn't get regular yearly updates like the "real" factions do, so I don't recommend you buy them to start off with).

> Mostly in terms of Skorne and Trolls. I like the style, but don't want my gameplan to consist of 'Move into B2B and eat them'.
Trolls are one of the weakest factions right now. Playing them is an exercise in frustration and, honestly, has been since 1st edition.

Skorne are okay. They're certainly easier to play than Trolls.

So what is Toruk's endgame after he kills all his sons?

He goes back to being a shithead like he was before.

>t. Everblight

According to Wrath of the Dragonfather Toruk's blight field when empowered by the athancs of his progeny would irradiate, kill, and zombify all life on Immoren. So Zombiepocalypse may not be his endgame, but it's a byproduct.

That's bullshit. He wasn't doing that the thousands of years he lived before he created his children so why would that happen now.

>Skorne are okay. They're certainly easier to play than Trolls.
Only due to a whole faction errata. And even then, they do have issues still.

On that note, trolls are arguably better off than Cryx.

He created his children before anything else lived on Caen.

I doubt he himself has given it much thought. It's not like he had a plan when he split his athanc - it was just a curious whim.

I've noticed that dragons in IK are ultimately pretty simple creatures. They're immortal, they have no real needs, and as such they have little interest in anything beyond the big game of tag going down between them and their father. The only real thing that drives any of the dragons, Toruk included, is the seemingly innate desire to be complete once again, and to be the dominant persona in the restored original athanc. Everything else is just means to that end.

You see the sheer strength of this compulsion in Everblight. When it becomes clear that Saeryn and Rhyas have to hand over an athanc to Blighterghast, or Toruk will get it and even everyone, Everblight STILL demands that they fight for it, and when Saeryn essentially saves his life by disobeying, he's so angry he puts a kill order on the siblings, alienating his two most powerful lieutenants in the process.

For a new player Cryx are fine.

They still have plenty of good stuff. The problem is that autoincludes from MKII are no longer gamebreakingly OP in MKIII, and lists have to change as a result. What this means is that a lot of old Cryx players have an army of models that are now suboptimal on the highest level of play.

That said, if you're not part of that tiny percentage of players in the runnings to win the big tourneys, this matters very little.

Trying to make an Ossyan list to pair with Helynna a Triple Colossals. How do you guys think this will do?
War Room Army

Retribution of Scyrah - Ossy

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Arcanist Ossyan - WJ: +28
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Hypnos - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Moros - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)

Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2

House Vyre Electromancers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8
House Vyre Electromancers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8
Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander - PC: 6
Dawnguard Invictors - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Dawnguard Invictor Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Heavy Rifle Team - Leader & Grunt: 4
Heavy Rifle Team - Leader & Grunt: 4

---

GENERATED : 04/05/2017 11:00:03
BUILD ID : 2038.17-03-15

> Helynna a Triple Colossals

You are the wildcard I need, lad

>not including Sentinels + UA for Quicken
>no Stormfalls

I promised my mate I would attend the Steamroller this weekend with Triple a Colossals and he'll show up with Gunny Double Kings. It's just a dumb fun list anyway.
>Losing 8 guns to bring public enemy number 1 that will no doubt get shot off the board
Stormfalls are expensive son

Man, paying for Forge Seers feels so bad... But I really don't think Strakhov1 is playable without Ruin.

I had fucking MAT 10 today and STILL missed 2 out 4 swings, costing me the assassination. If I switched to the Spriggan, I would probably miss a knocked down objective with crippled movement.

>public enemy number 1 will outthreat many melee units and may still partially make it to the opponent if you fan them out right
>public enemy number 1 costs the opponent activations not spent on your other units

If they don't deal with it, you're gonna wreck something
If they do, they leave you to shoot the fuck out of them with impunity