5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
So, the new UA...

Druids are nice.

fuck off

They
Are
GHEY!

Stop giving attention to an attention whore.

Is Chaos Bolt even worth it over Chromatic Orb?

>level 3
>tomelock
>pick up book of ancient secrets
>choose Find Familiar and Ceremony
>Investiture
>give each one of your party their own familiar at level 3

I just did it to rob the arrow guy from the first post.

Would you allow a custom Tiefling variant substituting the +2 CHA for +2 STR at your table? Rather than Feral, it'd be like, Oni or something.

> everyone get advantage from help action
I see nothing wrong with that

I win either way

Sounds like someone is building a munchkin paladin

Stop giving him attention either. Just ignore him. Giving him (you)s and aknowledging his existence feeds his ego.
Learn to not take the bait.

Nope, Barbarian.

>Tiefling barbarian
For what purpose?

I know you see my posts even if you don't respond. Act aloof if you want, but I'm not buying it, champ

Because it's an idea for a character.

A stupid idea

Where do you think we are, senpai

Did WotC forget to include the language "you can't make people jump off cliffs" in puppet, or was it intentional.

In hell

Neat.

Which one is better for Wizard (with a Cleric dip, probably Tempest for channel divinity)

Hill Dwarf 12 14 12(+2) 14 13(+1) 8
High Elf 10 12(+12) 14 15(+1) 13 8

Hill Dwarf can wear Heavy armor and has more HP, and can perform some Cleric spell adequately with 14 WIS.

But Elf actually start with 16 INT.

Somebody post the 8 int wizard build.

elf of course, retard

Thanks user, I think it's neat too.

I like most of the spells in this UA.
Say a rogue dipped into ranger and is able to cast Zephyr Strike. Could he apply Zephyr to himself, and then next turn make an attack and then dash as a bonus action and move 120ft?

I feel like an Oni is far enough away from the flavor and stats of Tieflings that you would be better off fluffing something else like Half-Orc or Goliath.

Find Familiar takes an hour to cast. The wording isn't clear, but I don't think the target can cast the spell within the hour they have.

Half-Oni would certainly be less boring than standard goliath that's for sure.

Of course then you'd get lots of hot oni PCs wearing kimonos

you faggot weeb faggots

>hot oni boys in kimonos
fucking fund it
balance that shit out give goliath a yeti variant too for bara dudes

I'm not going to go melee brah.

Are we the reverse /pfg/ now?

No, we just have a few refugees who should go back home.

Haha embrace the weebs broseph

>weeb pedo shit
More like Mega Milk sister.

I'm building an anti party, and I felt like making them all a mockery of our current party, so what is the edgiest 1st level wizard I can make?

Warlock.

Level 1 can't be that edgey... they can't even specialize in necromancy yet

What does a Grick taste like?

That's not an Oni.

Eel.

My players are trying to get Hill Giants to the top of the Ordning for shits and giggles and the belief that Hill Giants being in power would bring widespread disaster that they could capitalize on. (Edgy like that I guess)

What does it actually mean to be at the top of the Giant Ordning in practical terms? How would I even have that play out?

Is roll20 kill?

Does anyone have an oddly tanky player? I have one player who just can't help but want to tank, yet never plays Barbarian.
The first real campaign we had, he felt an actual sense of shame after a Barbarian joined our group and he (a fighter) didn't have the highest max hp.
Then he tried coming off as some kind of tank as an Eldritch knight (though it was a party of low hp magic-users), even though a cleric just about matched his hp. It's going to break his heart when a goblin Barbarian that's joining overtakes his hp next session.
Finally, just a week or two ago, we played a one off and I suggested he try out a full-caster. He said sure and went Bard. EXCEPT HE TOOK THE TOUGH FEAT JUST TO BE SURE HE HAD THE HIGHEST HEALTH. Of course he ended up getting surpassed by a Paladin in the group.
I just don't know why he wants to get smacked around so badly.

Have Mask join in on the fun.

Flip that shit on them and have the hill giants be the best option.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one.

Tfw Fighter wants to marry me before battle with a dragon so we get a +2 bonus to AC and saving throw.

What the fuck happened /5eg/ I'm starting to genuinely miss the shitty kobold hunting party meme compared to this druid bullshit. One autistic faggot can't seem to understand why someone would want to play a druid and now the entire thread has been a bigger shitshow than the discord for more than a week.

>No divorce ceremony option so you can basically get married every adventuring day

Shit sucks man having to wait to get married until you really need the power-up

Some people like getting spanked a bit.

>the party reached this fishing village on Totally-Not-Feudal-Japan
>street vendor selling Grick soup.
>Barbarian: "The hell is a Grick?"
>Wizard: "It is like a snake thing with tentacles for a face"
>Barbarian: "Fuck me, I want some. I'll buy it."
>"What does a Grick taste like?" we kinda wondered
>Barbarian player: "Eel, obvious."
Obvious

Unless you're trying to hit something more than 90ft away, or your DM won't let you have a 50g orb at level 1, then I'd always go with Chromatic Orb.

> Use marriage ceremony before the final battle and defeat BBEG with the power of love

THEORY

Ravenloft is a region that's been whisked away by a Mythal, and the Dark Powers are immortal/undead/demi-god casters from the era of Netheril-tier wizards, and Straud was their dupe to complete a ritual that took Ravenloft into a demi-plane.

How does one bring it back? I was thinking of going Witcher on the Curse of Straud, and resurrecting Straud's brother, save Tatianna's current reincarnation, and void the components of the curse.

But I figured it would also be a good idea to kill Baba Lysaga just in case, and destroy the Vestiges in the Amber Temple, just to be extra sure.

Who said polygamy isn't legal?

>not the power of dickings

The marriage must be consummated to be recognized.

It's like poetry

Of course nothing prevents you from marrying multiple people so you whole party could be one big polyamorous fun house.

Alternatively you could power up the BBEG like Strahd by having him marry an NPC right before the final showdown.

The spell

Only 2 people can get married per ceremony, it says nothing about only being able to get married once or to one person with a second casting.

Yeah didn't look good.

Some things it does have going for it is if you use Empowered Spell and Twined Spell the chance of it having at least one Bounce goes up and it would average more damage then a Chromatic Orb.

Also the Spell Bombardment ability for Wild Magic Sorcerers might interact with it in a weird way.

I swear to christ if somebody says "check em" when getting dubs for chaos bolt that'll be grounds for instant dismissal from my games.

What do you mean?

What, your mommies didn't teach you faggots to read?

> Marriage. You touch adult humanoids willing to be bonded together in marriage. For the next 24 hours, each target gains a +2 bonus to AC and saving throws while they are within 30 feet of each other. A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once.
>A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once.

XD ebin

There was a short server outage. It's coming back up right now.

>A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once
Read the fucking spell.

>Gay marriage is technically possible
>But divorce isn't
Is this less degenerate or more degenerate?

powergaming is the most degenerate of all

You can't expend a spell slot to cast it, therefore you can't hand it over.
Same with magic initiate.

You could multiclass for it, but that would be
>multiclassing with UA

You'd have to be an arcana cleric or theurgist wizard, and that's
>combining two UAs for broken effect
If you can even call arcana cleric a UA, anyway.

>tfw devout, chaste worshipper of the goddess of purity my entire life.
>tfw finally meet a woman I fall for and she agrees to marry me
>tfw Cleric explorer bro even agrees to do the honor of marrying us
>tfw all my friends immediately force me to spend my honeymoon fighting more-deadly-than-usual monsters because they don't want me to waste a once in a lifetime buff
>tfw die and never even get to consummate my marriage

>14 dex 12+2 con instead of 12 dex 14+2 con when you have heavy armour
You call that a dwarf?

In any case, neither. Stop being a multiclassing-one-level-of-cleric faggot and get heavy armour the proper way - multiple level dip or mountain dwarf or feat.

>honeymoon to the tomb of horrors

Nigga, the whole point of the buff is so that you have better saves against any potential diseases your partner might have,

Absolutely fine.

It's not swapping for wis/con/dex (the better stats), there's still the +1 int which has anti-synergy, the Oni idea really fits it and it's not like you can cast the few spells you get while raging anyway.

Does anybody here have any experience with inadvertently turning an NPC into a God? Because I done made the greatest mistake of my life.

But..but muh dex saving throw

I've heard people do stupid shit like giving out lots of +AC items or giving out deck of many things, but I haven't heard of that much.

I turned my waifu into a goddess for half-elves. It worked out GREAT!

But what about con saving throws? Especially because you have to make concentration checks?

You can already get bonuses to dex saving throws by using cover.

I have a Cleric who, due to her god, basically plays like a tank. Jumping mindlessly into battle, blowing shit up with a special godly weapon, an now she even has a bear mount that mauls shit for her that she named after her god.

Best character I have ever played.

>The half-elven daughter of Corellon Larethian and the goddess Sune
Stopped reading right there.

> multiple level dip
then it's not a dip anymore. And a single level of fighter or paladin also give you heavy armor anyway. So what's this "multiple level dip" that give you heavy armor??

>A goddess for specifically bastard children clericbards

purge

>New Background Feature: WELL TRAVELED

Sluts.

>Marriage. You touch adult humanoids

HARAM! AISHA'S LOVE IS TRUE!

3 levels is still a dip in a way, such as a paladin dipping for shillelagh.

You can say similarish things about fighter, though cleric is particularly bad because it keeps spell progression somewhat similar.

A better system is that you get light armour and shields with one level, medium armour with two levels and heavy armour with three levels. Or, heck, medium and heavy armour at two levels if you're so inclined.
Sure, you can still set up a tempest with the 'do max lightning damage' ability or a fighter with action surge or a paladin's smites, but at least you're not saying 'Okay, in exchange for not knowing spells one level higher every other level, I'm going to get +10 AC'.

Don't you make that face at me, kitty.

I think it's a nice goddess :)

I hope you faggots are glad. You made him sad.

thanks...
me too

Would making Chaos Bolt scale with d8 really break anything as long as you put a cap on the bouncing equal to spellcasting modifier? I mean you can likely do 8d8 damage to 5 creatures while casting it in a 6th level slot then, which seems reasonable compared to shit like Fireball.

You know damn well what you were making.

>Followers of the Spring Goddess are highly sought after

The raunchy accounts of satisfied adventuring companions, and irate spouses, are countless.

He should be sad for making such a mary sue character. It's as bad as making an edgey swordman name Kirito.

No no!
>An order of all-male knight-errants have also formed, seeking to prove their courtly love of the goddess through heroic deeds and knightly duels.
You must adore her from afar!