Weird Character Concepts

>In 5E, play as one half of a two-headed ogre, a Warlock that supports his Barbarian "brother" with buffs, ranged spells and the like
>In a space-based freeform, play a 7ft tall non-humanoid crystalline alien that resembles a ball made up of seven shapeshifting semi-molten green-black tentacles, that "knows" medicine/treatment for organics through replicating the motions of a doctor it used to hang out with, and has little concept or desire outside of MAKE FRIEND
>Want to play a legion-like undead entity or sentient mimic in an upcoming campaign

I'm worried that I might be That Guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tjoe9ylFoi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm worried that I might be That Guy.

All depends on how you play it my friend. Also on how concerned the group is with "balance." The ideas you are pitching could easily break a combat focused game, but could MAKE a role play focused one.

Considering all of his ideas are video game characters isn't a good mark on him.

One of my players is three sheets deep in monster race backups for his 31 AC lizardman fighter and counting. It can always be worse

They are?

>female
>half goblin
>cleric
>lawful good

yeah, could be worse I guess

I had the same thought when I read that. Glad to know I'm not nuts.

>Want to play a legion-like undead entity or sentient mimic in an upcoming campaign.

I'm bummed about the Lantern Festival being cancelled, too.

Cho'gall from Warcraft
Huragok from Halo
Gravelord Nito from D. Soules

Though personally, if you're a real human being and not a selfish autistic assclown, I don't have a problem with any of those concepts per se. Though I can see them going downhill really fast.

Have you ever tried to make something yourself, OP?

Good job with cho'gall

I've never played Warcraft and didn't know of Cho-Gall's existence, though looking him up, the Brothers are mechanically quite different. It's been going well so far, and the party has a good dynamic.

I played Halo 3 quite a bit, but I don't recognise the Huragok thing in its Wiki article. That said, it only seems to bear a superficial likeness to this character. We've only had one session and the party is due to meet at the beginning of the next, so we'll see how that goes.

I HAVE played through Dark Souls, though I wasn't thinking of Nito when I was dreaming up this character (I'd found that character art that I used in the OP on here years ago, and I was quite fond of it).

For the Mimic, I was thinking of The Luggage. Maybe with some shapeshifting abilities.

Not everything is based on computer games.

You picked the wrong game for the ogres.

Stop shilling Strike!

Why does Veeky Forums keep shilling Strike!?

Our Ettin was based on the D&D Ettin, but I guess a lot of different systems and settings use a similar concept.

Do D&D ettins have a caster and a fighter head?

I thought the two heads were kinda just redundancy.

>Cho'Gall.jpeg

>Scream the screams of infinite madness!

They're just a brutish monster race in the game as normal. We worked with the DM to make them playable with the Barbarian-Warlock dynamic.

It's been pretty good so far. Warwick is the smug caster whose idle dabbling with a Great Old One patron ("The Great And Terrible Pete, The Oldest Old One, He's Like 80 Or Something") gave them both a spark of intelligence; Brutus isn't as bright, but his ability to wield a massive hammer single-handedly and fly into fits of rage which level buildings is notable. Together they're a Chaotic Good mercenary, who travel the land seeking more delicious knowledge and more delicious... food.

Brutus is a sucker for cute animals (though his definition of "cute" has a wider range than most peoples'), and is surprisingly good with children, though he's often got his mind on money and money on his mind, with the eventual intention of buying THE BEST HAMMER. Warwick uses spells like Mage Hand and Unseen Servant to fulfill the functions of extra limbs, whilst his Pact of the Chain familiar, a Pseudodragon, acts as his eyes in many situations.

Yeah, got it, thanks.

I'm the guy who made the first post, not the second, but isn't it indicative that two seperate individuals immediately saw the exact same fucking thing?

Go fuck yourself and drop the name and cunty attitude,

You suddenly got very aggressive. I see what you're doing; one of the best ways to turn disappointment into a cuntish attitude is to claim that it is a cuntish attitude. Not going to fall for it. Though now, it's not just generalised disappointment.

To clarify: the point I was trying to make was that I created these characters based off stimuli unrelated from computer games. I get it - World of Warcraft had a very similar concept to one of these sorts of characters before I came up with mine. But I figure it's quite natural to look at a two-headed monster in a fantasy setting and go "One half brain, one half brawn". It's the red-oni-blue-oni thing, I guess.

I'm impressed by the speed at which you identified that.

You probably absorbed it from contact with Warcraft media. It's been a thing for over 17 years.

Fuck off Strikefag, you ruined my mech thread!

I keep forgetting that there were Warcraft games before WoW. I've got some friends who play it, but generally I try to avoid anything Blizzardy (though I can't stop hearing about FUCKING OVERWATCH ALL THE FUCKING TIME). I might've osmosed it somehow in passing.

It's possible to have ideas in parallel, stop going on about it.
You don't have anything to prove by convincing him he didn't think of it individually, and he doesn't have anything to prove by convincing you he did.

Calm your fucking tits, holy shit.

I just wanted to congratulate you on making yourself familiar enough with the game to identify material from it at least.

That's more than I could stomach of Mekton.

See you next thread :^)

It's not really "in parallel" when it occurs 18 years later.

I prefer Eyedol anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=Tjoe9ylFoi8