Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Cultist-chan edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Daily Duncan?:
youtube.com/watch?v=Cgaq2V9RLGA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Claimed fer da Blood Axes!

has anyone here ever tried making papercraft 40k stuff? I found this a while ago and it seemed cool but probably prohibitively difficult.

Is the Prince too much for 1000pts?

>Sons of guilliman
>angels of redemption

I'm so hyped for Shadow War, the one game I played was the tits!

You already into papercraft? Otherwise forget about it, youd probably have an easier time whittling a rhino from a log with a boxcutter.

If you like papercraft, its would probably be an easy project

Yeah, that's what I figured. Just kinda curious since it seemed pretty impressively detailed

Alright guys this is my last. Is it terrible?

I'm looking to get into playing SM and wanted to pick blood angels as my chapter.

How would you guys start building a BA list? Death company seem quite good

>chaos space marines
Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

1x commander
4x Drones
1x Crisis
1x Crisis
1x Riptide

This is a legitimate detachment right? Using the supplement.

By picking what you want to build and paint.

Well you can't go wrong with start collecting box or those troop+transport boxes. I'd suggest you try out kill team or like 500p game first and start working up from there.

yeah but no one will play you

It isn't going to be the whole army lol
Just my Tau cool suits squad to be allied with something yet to be determined.
Not using it for 500 pt games

>his list can't deal with 3 t4 models and 4 drones
Step up senpai!

>3 t4 models and 4 drones
ignores the riptide
nice reading skills there friendo
some people will still be annoyed at you bringing in a tau allied detachment with a riptide

Now that has been a month, what's the veredict on GS?

Eh, it is just the one.
Someone will always grumble about your units, unless you play ork, but lets not

Ynnari fags can go fuck themselves for trying to play cancer.

So, if GW does reboot sisters of battle, you guys think they'll advance their storyline by having the missing Abbess show up? Or maybe they find her body and confirm her death so that a new abbess can finally be appointed.

well you shouldn't be running it below 1250 points and if you ally with aeldari daemons expect salt from your opponent

>Eh, it is just the one.

Look at the total points cost of his list you stupid faglord.

>if you are wearing a commissar's hat, you may execute one of your models and remove it from play to pass any leadership checks you take this turn

famalam
he said it was just a detachment

What I don't get about that quote is: isn't that exactly what formations do already?

>armies can't be a single detachment

ALLYFAGS GET OUT

FOREVERALONES ONLY

Ynnari fuck up the turn economy just as much as everyone expected
Yncarne, Cawl, and Celestine are undercosted as fug
Greyfax is middle of this pack
Yvraine and Visarch aren't busted

Haven't kept up on the space marine trio t b h but I think the grey knight guy isn't too impressive

It's funny how you both got the point and totally missed the point.

Literally what is wrong with sigmarization? The rules are just more streamlined than 40k, and allow for greater narrative play.

>if gw reboot sisters

putting that aside it's weird how... generic SoB are in 40k. super religious gun nuts empowered by a god is a favorite trope of mine though

Depends whether your opponent has psychic shriek. But, generally...
Yes, you cunt.

>putting that aside it's weird
it's happening

>mfw people actually thinks this means they're going to bring back SoB
>it's literally an explicit, unambiguous slap to the face saying "We're going to bring armor save modifiers back...UNLIKE Sisters of Battle"

if it happens cool, if it doesn't cool. not my army and been a bit since SoB were even mentionable. if/when they get an update i'd be tempted to grab a character and make a black sister with afro

I just want the stuntie fags to come out so we can move onto death guard

As an IF player, I want heavy bolters to be awesome pretty badly.

Also, is it as common for dudes to want to play SoB as it is for chicks to want to play nids?

>Alicia and crew will never have a model and rules

What do you think?

Allies is great for when you can't pick one army

>I'm looking to get into playing SM and wanted to pick blood angels as my chapter.
say blood angels, when you say SM people will usually assume you mean codex space marines
> How would you guys start building a BA list? Death company seem quite good
i'd try to get this metal scriptor while available since he's far cheaper than the plastic one.
Furthermore you cant really go wrong with this gauntlet tactical squad box (rhino + tactical squad)
I'd skimp on the start collecting as i am not a fan of the baal pred, but ymmv.

Lastly there is a new edition around the corner(rumors: June) so some things might change especially the rulebook and codex might be obsolete by then. I.e. you might want to use the ones in the OP until then.

dont buy too much at once, or a horde of grey will haunt you

I've been been wanting to put together a Catachan army with Straken at the helm. What units would benefit from his army buffs?

pffft. allies have been a thing since 2nd edition.

They used to sell everything as a separate upgrade option or as a single pack.

Only in the last year did they remove the option

Voldus is mediocre. Cypher is godawful. Rob by goes without saying.

I want that as a model so bad.

I think your Termi assault squad would be better off in a drop pod. I'm not really sure why you're taking scouts, unless you just like them. Then, y'know, more power to ye.

So, chaos assault terminator are a laughably bad idea, right?

What should I build out of an old style Leman Russ that is missing the turret and the front heavy bolter has been gnawed off?

primaris psykers cannot function as mandatory HQ

thunderer siege tank(forgeworld)
terrain
looted wagon

How's this for a BA list? My meta doesn't really include fliers but the guard players do have armor, which is always a problem

I figure that on the charge my death company squads can pull apart most vehicles because rear armor and the dreads can moo up av14

I actually have two, one has sponsons and I was going to transform that into a terrain piece, the other one is without sponsons which I wanted to salvage. If only I played Orks, I'd love a looted wagon.

>I figure that on the charge my death company squads can pull apart most vehicles because rear armor and the dreads can moo up av14
you might want to read up on bubblewrap, i.e. put cheap guardsmen infront the armor preventing your death company from charging the tanks.

because the only answer you have is to shoot the guardsmen before you charge the tanks with heavy flamers and the few missiles you have.

What Legion? Chosen are a 25pts+ tax over Havocs for the privilege of buying a fifth special weapon, which you're not even using.

>If only I played Orks, I'd love a looted wagon.
it's never too late to start.
join the the green tide, its the fun side

unfortunately I just spent 330 euros on Steel Legion miniatures, I can't quite justify it.

>raptor talon
>combi-plasma chosen, with only 4 weapons
>no legion stated
4/10, apply your self

I hear you, thus the large amounts of flamers. I debated bringing assault marines over devastators to charge the chaff and hopefully free up space for the death company. But I decided missiles were all around more useful

What would you recommend against bubblewrapping?

What's the verdict on prepainted models?
I have a seller who's put a bunch of fairly well painted miniatures in my chapter up for auction at a low price WITH free shipping... but something about it feels wrong. The idea that they wouldn't match the rest of my army, not completely, being higher quality and different style... the fact that I didn't assemble them or go through the process of painting them, and that I couldn't take credit for the nice work.
It feels weird. But they're such a good value.

>Only in the last year did they remove the option

No, I bought the Mk IIb many years ago, like between 5E and 6E, and there was never any option for getting just the Mk IIb parts, it was always the whole model.

Who the fuck has a spare LR lying around anyway. The kit replaces the entire top hull so you can't just slap it on a completed raider.

worst case scenario you can strip the paintjob and do it yourself. If they're a good price you might aswell atleast see if they'll match

I will never, ever buy prepainted models again. Stripping them properly is an impossibility.

Did you just play a guard player recently?

>. I debated bringing assault marines over devastators to charge the chaff
does not work, you have to remove them before you charge.
a baal pred/vindicator could work, *if* he survives
assault marines/tacticals with flamers and droppods but then stuff needs to come down simultaneously and not too late.
maybe a whirlwind? cheap, has S4Ap5 ignore cover large blast and can hide and shoot

yeah but I'm torn - I want to have painted them myself but the paintjob doesn't feel worth stripping.
Pic related, one of the units in question.

Primaris Psykers, Techpriests and Commisars cannot be your mandatory HQ (Lord commisars can be)

Anyone have the Core Rules for Shadow War? Still haven't decided if its convoluted and complex or just an attempt to make Kill team interesting.

It's Necromunda you dumb faggot.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I managed to fix it. Barring cutting the scouts, how can I improve this list?

can't be bothered to give a damn about if it's painted by someone else or not, i care about a decent paint job. it's really hit or miss at times. as for different paint styles or schemes, it depends on the army. it works for chaos

i remember i once bought some old metal chaos models off a guy. his GUO was painted decently but the screamers were done so badly i had to doubt he did any of the work himself

About a week ago with my tau, I don't own any BA units yet

Hmm a whirlwind isn't a bad idea, and I would have the Baal pred from the SC box.

Is the flamestorm cannon worth it or just aurocannon all day?

Yeah sure... Necromunda without any underhive gangs... Even the fucking GW PDF is called SWA_KillTeams_ENG.pdf

>KillTeams

How difficult is it to pass off a crisis suit from a crisis suit box as a commander? I'd rather buy a 3 man crisis team and use one as a commander.
I got some extra bits lying around to jam on

>He says literally
>Yet adds a word that wasn't there and changes the meaning of the sentence entirely
Wow you are actually retarded aren't you? May I suggest to GTFO and kys

Play Blood Ravens and just do a pro "hasty" paint scheme in their colours over the top of the previous

that's way too cool to strip.

Bet you were one of the retards who thought there would be more plastic SoB after Celestine. Dumbasses always talk too much shit. t. Dunning-Kruger.

Are there any other forms of 40k gameplay that could possibly be more chill or maybe even cooperative to have laid back fun, or would I have to look at some of those AoS boxed sets for those?

Just successors that both participated in the Third War for Armageddon.

I bought two 2 years ago and purchased JUST the conversion packs.

Not sure what happened with you.

>chosen troops and free vets on every unit that can take it
Gee I wonder what fucking legion

Shadow war killed 40k gen

when do you think we will hear more about the death guard

Just paint the head a different color to set it out as a commander. For most of the Tau life span their was only one crisis suit model, so HQ's were literally the same model as any other suit.

I seem to remember they got a different head at least.

How's this for a fun list?

after the gay memepunk dorfs

not fun/10

I spent like ten minutes researching this myself in the middle of a game but I feel the need to ask here to be sure.

Is there any rule that prevents you from tank shocking monstrous/gargantuan creatures? And they can death or glory too, right?

as thousand sons with daemon allies,
what is a good way to deal with vehicles?
which psychic abilities would be useful?

Citadel Thunderhawk when?

no and yes, but i'd give the odds to the monstrous creature wrecking your tank for the attempt

>Is there any rule that prevents you from tank shocking monstrous/gargantuan creatures?

No. This is why only idiots anchor their Stormsurge. "Tank shock deaths get reduced to D3 wounds" is only said by idiots, because tank shocks aren't attacks and that special ability only works on attacks as per th erules.

>And they can death or glory too, right?

Yes.

How?

His list is more expensive GK.

it has no variety

soon probably

the FW one is gone now

BA player here. I find that going HAM on your death company tends to be a waste of points because they dont really last much longer than normal assault marines against anything with good shooting. Especially with the characters on them. 1 Squad can be good if you can keep them alive. Also death company dreads in drop pods are not as good as they seem because they only have front armour 12 and can't charge straight away. If you want to go with a melee type dread then Furiosos are much better. If you want to try bashing tanks to death try the orbital intervention strike force with thunder hammer termies. They will end up costing less than the death company and get more done.