watcha guise think of the new set?
will all the new gods suck like DOG⅁O◖?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I unironically love Hazoret's card.

That combo is dumb, you have to use Black Sun's Zenith

>green god can't attack or block unless you control a snake and a cat

The combo is not especially worrying since it takes three cards, two of which need seven mana or outside trickery to play.

Seem kind of boring. Lacks the spice the Theros Gods had, since these ones seem like they're going to just be big creatures with one uninteresting drawback and one uninteresting activated ability.

What do you find interesting in them?

>tfw you realize the bottom part is supposed to look like a grave/sarcophagus

Why do you need the chum? The stack is a thing. Removing the counter from the scarecrow is part of the cost where as adding it is the ability (so they don't happen at the same time) and the scarecrow doesn't say "only as a sorcery"

1 Blowfly Infestation + 2 Nest of Scarabs = Infinite Alive Bugs.

Green god will be the vanilla mythic rare.

>DOG⅁O◖
You mean pervert

whoao ot's another one of those
>le impossible combo to land

Does BZS make exponential bugs or just one swipe of bugs?

You get bugs once. The bugs created by Nest aren't on the battlefield when BSZ resolves, so they won't get counters themselves.

>qt jackal pervert god
I'd tap it.

NOBODY is buying amonkhek invocations!

Pls tell me how devotion is interesting

Really decent card.

Yet another example of strict power creep.

Open Heart
Sorcery
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonlegendary, nonland card from it. That player discards that card.

And this is bad because?…

I thought Veeky Forums was tired of shit un/commons and chase mythics.

Except the mythics are power creeping harder than everything else.

Tg hates when they print strict upgrades but loves when wizards give standard their 3cmc bolt that cant hit face

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0

I thought we were done with the Indian block?

New to mtg what is a good starting colour for beginners.

any color is fine. blue and black can get slightly trickier to play but you should be okay. you should look up the kind of format you want to play before delving deeper into the game (casual, standard, modern, edh, pauper, etc)

If you want to just have fun playing the game, buy a Commander deck. They're very cheap, very well-constructed and the most important: very fun to play. If you want to get the basic idea of how the game works, i recommend Green and Red. These are the easiest colors to play.

>cmc 2 targeted discard
Wizards pls

Depends, how do you like to play?, fast and win / loose in a few turns or with slow decks that take over late into game?

What kinds of spells do you want to play?, do you like creatures, artifacts or instants and sorceries?

>not the best discard spell in standard
retard alert

Figure out what format you want to play first. That will help inform your decision.

Veeky Forums also hates obviously powerful cards, cards that aren't powerful enough, chase mythics, shit mythics, limited only decisions, strict upgrades, strict downgrades, that one card each set that will change Modern or "change Modern ", breaking the color pie, strict adhesion to the color pie, Gatewatch in every art, sjw pandering, """sjw pandering""", Blue, counterspells, the LACK of counterspells, overdosed underpowered creatures, undercosted overpowered creatures Green/white, and in all honesty, the game itself.

If you're in USA, Card Kingdom has a product called "Rookie Decks". They're $6 and has no cards of value, but they're good to learn how to play the game. Another thing you can do is simply go to a LGS and ask for one of those beginner decks provided by Wizards FOR FREE. Take 2 or 5 of them (one of each color) and start to learn the rules.

>best discard spell in standard
That's not saying much.

Prepared // Fight
Type: Instant, Sorcery

Untap target creature. It gains +2 / + 2 and has lifelink until end of turn.

//

Target creature you control fights target creature an opponent controls.

Great in limited. Gonna feel like shit to pull as a rare though

what's up with these cards? are they just modern only or something?

nah, they're just shit and nothing else

>im probably going to get this as my promo rare

Set is looking worse and worse

that would be amazing for your odds of winning sealed as this is two removal spells in 1 card.

This isn't decent in the slightest. It's completely unplayable in constructed and limited unless the red aggro decks are both a) very good and b) laden with 1-toughness creatures, at which point it jumps up to "marginal sideboard card"

Is this a fucking joke?

Got Cultivator of Blades and Lifecrafter's Bestiary on my last 2 prereleases. Played WR in both.

It's a worse Distress, and Distress never saw play.

Cause it's a creature and what we need are powerful spells.

its far more parallel to transgress the mind since its 2 mana and hits anything but legends.

>Another target creature

how the fuck is this a rare?

its good enough to kill 2 creatures for being 1 card.

its on the low end of what makes up a rare but I can see it.

Because Limited.

>We went from Dromoka's Command to this 6 mana abomination of card at rare.

Set looking more and more garbage by the minute.

Not even the Gods look like EDH playable and that's saying a fucking lot.

Magic Duels is free to download/play and should give you a decent understanding of the basic rules. Just make sure to stop and go play the game for real instead of putting any real money into it.

We've seen one god. Its still too soon to pass judgement.

I'll agree so far its pretty mediocre at best though.

I started at RTR, the beautifully mediocre set as far as cards are said.
I loved the world building and the story to it.
I fell out of the story up until now, (didnt like eldrazi before and still dont like them) nothing of the story seemed cool, kaladesh was the fucking nick nack police, rhinos of tarkir was ok i guess (i fell in love with ojutai but he doesnt fit my play style) and fuck do i think they completely missed the feel of innistrad.

my point is the story is super cool so far and even if the cards arnt as great, I started in RTR so im ok with it

they're just reprints of cards that aren't standard legal unless the card itself was printed in standard

so in this case the aven mindcensor and amonkhet god invocations are standard legal, alongside the BFZ expeditions that were printed in BFZ as well as the Gearhulks and Ornithopter from the Invention series.

blacktron bugs when

>sorcery speed

name one like that, that is instant speed.

you think you get to thoughtseize fuckers on their draw step?

Because having a creature that you can allow to dodge creature removal while still providing a benefit is cool?

>Dodge creature removal
>Grasp of Darkness still around

Good fucking job wizards

Neat

Nice

Thought this was okay but the second part was overcosted.
Then I saw the rarity.
WTF Wizards?

Why do these keep having instant/sorcery

Too afraid of instant/instant

Also
essence scatter, but i doubt anyone cares

that is.. an insane common in limited.

Aftermath is sorcery speed

It's even better if we get a load of cards with "when X ETB, put -1 counters obn creature you control- drop this T1, have a 4/4 on turn 2 nice and easy.

RDW!

>Commander rules prevent the embalm token from doing commander damage.
>not an Aven with the bird subtype.
>birds are the only token deck for U/W

>unplayable in limited
have you ever played limited? that thing is sweet.

>red Unstable Mutation
nice

This set looks more and more like a Return to Theros.

Garbage all arround.

Where are the other God spoilers
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What we've seen so far really does not inspire confidence in this set.

Overly cautious, weak-sauce shit.

One can only say "But at least it'll be good in limited" so many times before the sentiment starts to ring hollow.

I'm loving this card. Ramp early then decent beater later on
Even if you were to topdeck it chances are you can place the counters on another creature

This cycle will make for interesting limited and perhaps even make some mono color deck viable
I'm always in favor of cards that push mono colored decks

This card is stupid in a good way
6 mana do quadruple the damage one of your creature deals
I'll definitely make a casual deck with it and I expect this card to win limited games on its own

Maybe there is a slight chance of this seeing play, I wouldn't discard it as draft chaff

Definitely not as good as Archaeomancer but it seems niche enough to fulfill some kind of role

>essence scatter
Good to have it back, one more decent counterspell and mono-blue Baral control could be a thing

Barely playable at 3 mana, complete trash at 4
I wouldn't even play it in U/X tempo in limited

Uh yeah, a ton. Cat does fucking nothing by itself. At absolute best it dissuades X/1s from attacking and chumps twice. It gets stonewalled easily and is in general a waste of a card.
However, I might be eating crow already on this; if the trend of creatures that give 3 -1/-1 continues, then going Cat -> 2-drop 4/4, throw counters on Cat, etc might actually be a strong strategy worth the card disadvantage.
But by itself? Cat is terrible holy shit how do you not see that

Because she's a big beater and I usually end up playing aggro decks where I have next to nothing in hand anyway, and being able to get rid of dead draws like lands at that point while burning face is pretty sweet.

topkek so fucking trash

That's just pathetic

>All the gods are absolute garbage low power shit not even viable in the slightiest for modern or even edh

HAAHHAHHA FUCKING WIZARDS HOW DO THEY KEEP FUCKING UP

Fuck maybe fervered visions but I would be surprised if any deck used this fuck up

brb, gonna brew a mono-B scarab tron

I'm not sure which is worst this piece of crap of pic related
I'd definitely pick Soramaro as my commander over this

>Theros: Egypt Edition

Standard is fucking dead