How would a DM alter his voice to have a lightly robotic sound at the table...

How would a DM alter his voice to have a lightly robotic sound at the table? Or a knight's voice echoing from within his helmet? What easily obtainable props could achieve this effect?

DM Prop and Advice thread I guess. Would be a shame to waste a good thread on a single question

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/kaoss_pad_quad/&ved=0ahUKEwjKrIG5mYvTAhVP0WMKHTS6DJwQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNHgB4ZPs1nDTr2gj7hTc8C3DC3LWw&sig2=oUPS6lNqZA_tBCDpAupBlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wear a bucket over your head.

Speak into a hand fan.

get a voice changer.

Imagination.

Knight helm voice:

1. Drink a can of soda

2. Cut the top off (be careful not to cut yourself, or maybe do, whatever would make you day better)

3. Hold ~inch from mouth

4. "DEUS VULT"

Exactly. Keep a fan behind the screen, and speak into it. Bonus points for hero wind hair flow.

Wear bucket over head
Cut slits for eyes, breathing holes
Put sign on bucket that says DAM
Never take it off in presence of the players. Ever. They don't even know what you look like.

why DAM?

Because that's what autocorrect turned DM into
Because it's not swearing if you leave off the N
Because shut up

Stupid autocorrect

I thought it actually meant something, shit. Sorry for asking.

For a robotic voice? Do your best to imitate Daft Punk. Or talk into a fan. Or do both!

It is short or Damoclese, the sqord that hangs above your head waitinf to mete out righteous judgement. As your DM it is my duty to fulfill this role.

I got what you were going for, but the delivery fucked it up.

Talk into cupped hands. It works for the Bane Voice, too.

I spoke in a monotone through a cardboard tube for a tech-priest once. It was a hit at the table.

>Anonymous DM'ing
Might as well just start a public ERP session.

Invest in one of the Hasbro voice modulator toys if you can fit in one. Vader is good for the light robotics, and if you talk into it right you could pass as a knight. The original Bayformers Prime helmet is great in a futuristic setting, with deeper voices it makes you sound like the Combine soldiers from Half-Life.

Buy a Kaoss Pad

google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/kaoss_pad_quad/&ved=0ahUKEwjKrIG5mYvTAhVP0WMKHTS6DJwQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNHgB4ZPs1nDTr2gj7hTc8C3DC3LWw&sig2=oUPS6lNqZA_tBCDpAupBlA

ware wa uchuujin da

I speak into an empty cup or canteen when I need to voice my Keldor Jedi

Talk while wearing a helmet?