Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why aren't you using Spheres of Power's appendix and Permanent Undead to make non-evil skeletons and zombies, and then Summon Spirit to call a soul from the afterlife and let it inhabit the skeleton/zombie? All non-evil, all totally free, and all at CL 5!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Newest DSP Playtest: Highlord: docs.google.com/document/d/1i2wrIBB_sibYLbUHh_Dbh5Y0guEQgnYbFwjKnvS375w/edit#
It's a psionic battlefield leader with a collective! It's written by a /pfg/ regular, our very own Deimosaur.

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Serpentine Choker
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Saffron Slave Collar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cuse Spheres of Power still feels kind of unbalanced
I mean come on, you get to both heal and raise the dead at level 1.

So what it comes down to is this:
Is the GM ever allowed to say no to a play or is the GM taking a stance on literally anything mean HE'S the entitled one?

Obviously fuck no it doesn't.

Can we stay away from Lawful Good zombies this time OP-sama?

>Why aren't you using Spheres of Power
I've yet to see a good argument for using them.

I want to sauté my waifu's succulent elven flesh and recite a prayer to the Pallid Princess once I've eaten my fill!

How do you get the semen taste out of the corpses you just fucked? I can't for the unlife of me figure it out.

I'd like to know this waifu. As a connoisseur of elven flesh and the Pallid Princess.

Just a quick reminder
last thread had 37 IPs.

Prestidigitation?

>Thread goes from 4 AM to 8 AM US East (1 am to 5 am eastern)
>Majority of userbase is American
>Surprised at the reduced amount of IPs

Oh yeah! Prestidigitation can flavour non-living shit so I still get the protein but don't have to taste it! You've got a good int bonerus non.

When's the last time you played an "evil" character who wasn't a complete and utter monster? Somebody who wasn't a monster- but was just a douchebag. Chad Thundercocks, Falafels, people who give children knives to play with, those all count

Well, I played a benevolent tyrant once, who is still LE.

I played once a card-carrying villain, LE Fiendbound Marauder Warder that the party had to tolerate because he was basically offering them their aid with their rebellion just for his share of the loot and was rather efficient.

Passtimes involved defiling temples of good deities with symbols of Asmodeus, using panic at a potential apocalypse to gain further converts, and killing/souldraining homeless men for healing in the middle of a siege (party had no healing).

I played a CE human bard who was a womanizer that didn't tell them he got a case of the deep ones.

The last evil character I played was a con artist; friendly guy, but he'd trick widows into their life savings or steal the priceless heirloom of a demented old man.

>trying to get rid of one of the main sauces

You have much to learn, friend.

I'm afraid Alvaria is a one butcher kind of woman.

Well my current evil character I play is a drow. Definitely the party bitch to the other PC's in the party (who are also evil) but not a complete monster.

I'd classify her as an ice princess. The pretentiousness and bitchiness my character was displaying got to a certain point that the other PC's got together and crafted a magical slave collar to shut her the fuck up, and disguised it as a periapt of health.

I reaped what I sowed x.x

Hidden effects: archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Serpentine Choker

archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Saffron Slave Collar

Does she like it in the gutter?

so....cocksleeved?

>An evil character
Yeah I played this assassin guy who, despite being the only evil character in the party, was actually the central plo-
>Who wasn't a complete monster
O-oh.

Not at first... >.>
She's had it on for several months already do to a plot point in the campaign that had the party spending six months defending one place. So there was a lot of time for "adjustment"

Basically ._.

>.>
._.
Don't do this.

Nah, that's dumb, let's put the shoe on the other foot

When's the last time you played an evil character who wasn't a complete and utter wimp? Somebody who, while potentially not a monster or grimdark, was a genuine threat with a focus and a goal, ready to put these edgy fags in their place by showing how real villainy gets done.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

HA HA, TIME FOR REVIEWS

Shezare Umboros, a Vishkanya spheres negotiator bard!

>Dragon-ish Princess in line with the throne
>but because she's got dark hair, no throne for you
>instead, her bratty youngest sister gets the throne
>which is great, she loves being a master manipulator instead of being the obvious boss and your darling sisters are great to make into powerhouses and you love them anyway
>wait, what do you mean dad had mom assassinated and intends to put her on the throne? And she's got to have her other sisters killed off?
>screw that, let's go bugger off into the Ways

I don't really like multi-apps! They really tend to throw party balance into disarray, and makes cliques inside a group, and if the quality of the apps are different the GM has to make tough choices!

Having said that, at least the quality is fortunately pretty solid from app to app, so that just leaves the other two problems.

Shezare seems to be the de facto leader of the FEARED LEGENDARY TRIPLE APP because her youngest sister is a brat and dumb and the middle sister is a person who thinks with her sword. This is going to be interesting to see how one can be a smoothtalking manipulator behind the scenes when you actually have to be the one to talk. Mechanically speaking, Shezare is going to have to put herself in the front line to do the speaking, so it isn't going to be quite the behind-the-scenes action in her personality.

Like her sister apps, Shezare's well put together. I don't think it quite fits the setting of small shard communities and putting in a noble's app at level 1 is something that raises an eyebrow. Still, none of the three have actually achieved anything of note, so it's probably just rubbing me the wrong way.

Does anyone not do this?
I honestly don't even give edgelords the benefit of Evil. They're not real evil. They're wannabes. They cause suffering without knowing why, it's like a monkey aping the movements without understanding the reasoning or a kid writing down stokes theorem but not understanding shit about it.

Does anyone know where to get the whole Zeitgeitst adventure path? The mega trove contains just a single chapter.

Would /pfg/ ever get together to play in a /pfg/-sponsored 4e campaign over Roll20?

It's too late.

REMOVE LOLI NECROMANCERS!

4e is like
Not even the same system

Tell me, /pfg/- what kind of tone in a game is your favourite/you've always wanted to play in?

Tone in this case being fairly general; comfy, pirates, grimdark, survival, high adventure, intruigue.

Honestly how do DMs deal with triple apps? Doubles are bad enough but like...

>Appeal 3/5 Manipulator that's got baggage of a bratty murderous loli and Ms sword. Might work better in a lewd game, but it doesn't seem right for Shardwalkers; "Some hold lofty goals to map out the Shardlands that man might get back on his feet and fight off the Dark, others care only for the coin their services can demand, and many just wish to escape the burdens of their old life and the responsibilities that come with it." The way it's been made seems to be much more drifters-like, and it seems that there's not enough wanderlust or need to go from place to place for these three. They can settle down and just build a powerbase if they want to get their home back.
>Backstory 3/5 It's well written and makes sense, but the scope of the shard being an entire kingdom is just.. well, doesn't seem to fit, as said. Being "stuck on a tiny rock in the night sky" is a lot different from "there's an entire kingdom with royalty and everything".
>Compatibility 2/5 T-T-TRIPLE APP is going to throw any sort of party balance out the window. Neutral/evil group is going to be able to bully their way into whatever they want, so it's just... less than ideal.

Next up, Brynhildr d'Ivrea.

Note: eclair removed because she's not ready for public consumption yet.

Did someone say loli necromancer?

Don't listen to him, please keep using emotifaces.

Never! >.

:D

>3 3 2
You're not as kind as the other reviewanon huh

(O u O) Unite!

Will do ^.^

Some mix of adventure and intrigue. Preferably intrigue going into adventure. That just works for me

How does it feel to know that DSP can get its shit together to write a huge April Fools' PDF and a shitty psionic collective class nobody asked for, but it still can't get into gear for the PoW1 errata?

SOMEONE

LIGHT

KELEDRATHS

ASS

ON

FIRE

Reminder that hate speech against Fighters is banned.

It's almost like a company divies up work for different people and has multiple things going on!

There is like one guy working on PoW 1 errata.

pirates and high adventure sounds great and easy to do

grimdark survival with a few horror elements is pretty cool guy too

lastly social/mystery/intrigue in an urban setting can be incredible, but only if the GM is a total pro at it and the players aren't retarded

Keledrath has been procrastinating for literally years and fucking around with 4e and video games, both of which are admittedly more fun than Pathfinder.

How does it feel to know that Spheres of Might: Ssalarn Edition will be released long before the PoW1 errata?

I'm playing one right now. In a good party, no less.

How does it feel knowing you're a useless saltfag?

Reviewanon's job just got one app longer

are you going to keep going m8

So what. It's about people playing and PF is bad anyway.

I mean
I wouldn't mind that much
But like
This is /pfg/.

4e doesn't have a centralized repository of info to make playing easy. It's hell.

There's a character builder and free patches to bring it up to date with most content.

I mean, I kinda dislike 4e but that ain't an excuse.

I never realized this is why I still play Pathfinder until you just said it.

The PFSRD and Archive of Nethys makes building characters second nature, I can't emphasize enough how critical these sites are to making Pathfinder bearable.

But it does? I am on my phone so I can't provide links but there is a compendium and character builder.

Pretty much.

Though it's odd given that now I barely need to reference it now.

>He thinks that being a power acquisition machine is real villainy.

Why even pretend being different from run-of-the mill PCs?

>being a munchkin
>not real villainy

So, /pfg/, what if you were playing your game, and pic related rolled up next to your party while you were walking to the next city, 7 stories high, and spoke thusly:
>GOOD DAY, INSIGNIFICANTS
>IT IS THE ANGEL 7 STORMING BEHEMOTH CHARGING SCREAMING VENGEANCE, PACIFIER OF THE NORTHERN ABYSS-KILL MARCHES, DESTROYER OF THE 1 MILLION TRAITOR HOST, DEVOURER OF 17666 DEMON SOULS, THUNDER CHASER OF THE SUNKEN GOD, THE UNYIELDING CHARIOT GLORY-BOUND, DEEP KING OF ELUCIDON, HIGH NEMESOR OF THE HELL PATROL
>YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CALL IT DEVIL DOG
>YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PAY HOMAGE TO IT, AND BASK IN IT'S CEASELESS MAJESTY
>YOU ARE ALLOWED TO FURTHER CONVERSE WITH IT WHEN COMPLETED FOR IT HAS FOUND USE FOR INSIGNIFICANTS' EXISTENCES
>proceeds to wait motionlessly for your move

Character builder and funin.space.
You speak in complete ignorance, user.

So I'm working on a conversion of magic of Incarnum to Akashic mysteries rules. The first project is gonna be the classes: the Soulborn, Totemist, and Incarnate. Here's the rough outline of what each class will do when Pathfinderized. Any thoughts on this? Just leave a reply

>Soulborn
Now uses Daevic Veilweaving, drops Smite Opposition, Incarnum defense, and Share Incarnum Defense in favor of more customizability in "Convictions". The Soulborn must be any combination of Lawful/Chaotic and Good/Evil, no neutral allowed. Each alignment has two convictions associated with it, each with a list of thematic abilities like Revelations, which grants the Soulborn a thematic ability. He picks one from each component of his alignment (LG Soulborns pick one from Lawful and one from Good) and that determines his abilities. There's also a number of "Neutral" Convictions that are available to all Soulborn.

>Incarnate
Uses the Vizier's Veilweaving. Once again, customizability based on alignment- your alignment sets your abilities. Good protects their allies and buffs, Law has self-defense and battlefield control, Evil lands debuffs and damage, and Chaos has... Something thematic I guess

>Totemist
Not sure where to put this one. It uses the Guru's Veilweaving, of course. Maybe fold the Totem Rager PrC from 3.5e into it- you have a totem that defines your animal themed abilities, powers like rage powers, and the ability to enter an "Incarnum Rage" that boosts your akashic binding stuff. Maybe pull back the natural attack theme and make it the more utility-focused class.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Brynhildr d'Ivrea.

>Noble born
>dad's a dick, wants her to sit in the kitchen and do kitchen stuff
>she is smart and queries the philosophy about what old people said about the Dark, wonders about the world so decides to go off into the
>level 1 character start GO

First off, I am 100% sure that when porting 3.5 material to pathfinder, you shouldn't actually get 4 times the number of skillpoints at first level while also getting 3 points to trained skills. Player definitely needs to clarify with the GM if they get 8+int points at level start or (8+int) X 4. SERIOUSLY CHECK THIS.

Having said that, the app itself is a fun little thing. There's reason for her to be on adventure, she's a bit pompous because she's sharp as a pin, and she's got good potential.

>Appeal 4/5 smart girl who could be taken down a peg or two, or keep being a bossy know-it-all
>Backstory 4/5 Simple, adds some folks that could be used as a backstory or forgotten, gives a reason for journeying.
Compatibility 4/5 Initiator/mid-caster. Knowledge bank. Pretty handy all round.

I'd find a place with a full university a bit odd, but it's not entirely out there. Nothing much I'd change for this app.

I base the numbers on how likely it's going to look to the GM. All three really are well written apps, but that kind of story is needs a whole campaign based round it, not a game that looks like it's going to focus on episodic folks with wanderlust that Shardwalkers looks like.

JUST

>yfw you read that as "does she like it in the getter"

Would you have judged the previous reviews with numbers similar to what they got, out of curiosity? Just wondering if there's a different baseline or if you've rolled some of the shittier apps to review (which *does* happen)

I don't get it.

gutter
getter
they're one letter off

I mean, I don't get why you'd think it's "getter" when "gutter" is more accurate to the situation.

That's like laughing at "we must assess the situation" because "assess" is three letters away from "ass"

>Pun flew over the cuckoo's nest

... What pun? How is "getter" a pun?

Ehh
>akane
>appeal sure, backstory, possibly 3/5, but 30 years of adventuring and level 1? Probably could have 2/5. compatibility 4/5

>CRIMSON GLEAM
>3/5, 2/5, 4/5. Backstory just doesn't seem as compelling. Points off for ambiguous wording in it.

>GERUND C LEGG
>4/5, 4/5, 4/5. Bit iffy on the thesis but he's got a goal worth looking into, so it's a step above Akane and Gleam.

>KATHERINE ELBOURNE
>3/5, 2/5, 2/5 Not already a shardwalker means points off, and healslut isn't great if you can't fight good too.

>LEVIA UMBOROS
>2/5, 2/5, 2/5 Again, see other triple app thing for why.

I'd rate it overall a bit more harshly. Other user was mostly on the mark, though.

Alright, Eclaire should be ready for review.

>a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.
>"the pigs were a squeal (if you'll forgive the pun)"
>synonyms: play on words, wordplay, double entendre, innuendo, witticism, quip, bon mot

To throw a line, Getter Robo, I think?

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Tanith Umboros
>see above for sister
>but replace manipulator with swords

>Appeal 2/5 see above
>Backstory 1/5 See above, but apparently is a navy seal who's confirmed in 300 confirmed gorrila raids and lead armies while commanding the full force of the Irkalla Desert Army. While at level 1. No thanks.
>Compatibility 2/5 Literally following her sister around because she says so. Nope.

It'd be fine if it were for a level 6 or even level 4 app, but at level 1? Nope, nope nope nope. There's no reason for her to adventure. There's no reason for her not to build an army up and try to get back her place that she knows has been stolen from her. It just doesn't fit the campaign. It really is a shame because all three apps work synergystically in both backstory and mechanics wise, but... just not here.

Sure thing.

>tfw I gave [redacted] advice on his Blingmaker app
>tfw was talking with authority despite having only 50/50 odds myself
>If [redacted] gets rejected, it might be my fault
You guys think BlingmakerDM likes Petyr Baelish characters?

Reposting in current thread

>You guys think BlingmakerDM likes Petyr Baelish characters?

user... Let me put it this way.

Half the characters posted for Blingmaker are machiavellian powermongers, and the other half are greedy ambitious types.

Yeah, Getter Robo is an anime about a giant combining robot.

>also wearing that spandex when you're around 30

I'm sorry, I don't watch children's cartoons.

Okay good, I've never actually looked at the lfg posting. I gave standard character advice based on what he was trying to do.

>oh I'm too old for this
What a faggot. Probably thinks his fucking ponies aren't for kids while he's at it.

not after Hiroshimoot they're not

Well the GM did ask for things like that so I don't know what you were expecting.

>Doesn't watch children's cartoons
>Posts a children's Cain from moonland

What's a faggot

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Avur!

>he read in a comic he wouldn't be bullied if he were a superhero
>so this guy taught him how to throw a punch
>Now he will become... SUPER MONK

This physically hurts to read. Please, no, stop.

Real talk: Why did his family dislike him? Why are there cartoons in this world? Who's this primary teacher? How did his teacher foster a flame for adventure and fighting injustice?

There are questions that probably need answers, but I'm not going to be the one to demand them.
>Appeal 2/5 A literal comic book hero who's somehow quiet but wears a cape.
>Backstory 2/5 The kindest thing I can say is that it makes chronological sense, and there's a vague reason for going out into the wild, but again, a caped defender could just as easily stay in one shard to fight injustice without ever having to wander.
>compatibility 2/5 He's capable of hitting people with +4 to hit and 1d6 damage, and that's about it. Sheet is incomplete. Best I can say is he's not going to actually actively mess up the party.

Picture unrelated because I can't even stand that. If I was to rewrite the app, I'd give a reason for the old man to teach him to stand up for justice, give him a cause to journey, and give him a defining event. But frankly it just looks terrible.

> It's a lot more balanced than traditional magic, and all of the "This spell changes how your world works." type effects are in their own section where it's explicitly stated that you need special permission to take them. Martials don't feel utterly useless in a mid- to high-level group with spherecasters.
> It lets you build a spellcaster that much more closely mimics fantasy spellcasters you see in media, like books and movies.
> If you want a more traditional "book" mage, they have options for spellbooks, spell creation, and even rituals.
> Casters have useful at-will abilities that prevent five-minute workdays, and their resources are a lot easier to fit into the world thematically... what the fuck even are spell slots anyway?
>It has amazing versatility, allowing you to build almost any type of caster you want by mixing and matching spheres, talents, and drawbacks.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Would you the barbarian princess?

If I can I wouldn't. But good God do I want the barbarian princess to me.

Levia Umboros has a page and a half of backstory before she's even born. The character barely gets two sentences to herself before the other two characters intrude on the rest of that one paragraph she's even in.

Why do people do this to their characters?

Wow, it's almost as if they're a company with multiple individuals who've got different things to do, instead of being a unified faceless mass!
Fancy thaaaaaat~!
Go fuck yourself.

Honestly how much of a backstory can you have at level 1 At least Mari has a short one

I would anything if it's a demihuman female, sapient, doesn't look like a beast, and is actually hot and willing.