>Fulgrim
>Lorgar

Did Everything Wrong Tier:
>Magnus

Alpharius Tier:
>Omegon

Alphalarius is best primarch
Prove me wrong

But user you posted a picture of Guilliman...

>Alpharius tier
Kek.

Switch Lion and Guilliman and we can agree.

primarchs really only come in 3 tiers. Good, Bad, and Pointless.

And if you think it's good, it's bad. And if you think it's bad, it's probably pointless

>Alpharius Tier:
>>Omegon

I can't because he has almost no lore. Which I am disappointed about.

Oy vey.

>Trash Tier
>Horus
I wish I could deny that.
Sobs into his Luna Wolves pillow

They're even colored the same...

Died like a bitch.

>liking Luna Wolves

t. Alpharius

Hey, Magnus was doing his best. He didn't expect to be betrayed by everybody.

He isnt the best, he is ALL the primarchs

>Emperor tells Magnus to not do *thing*
>Magnus does *thing*
>Magnus gets punished for it
>Magnus is the one betrayed.

For fucks sake let's not turn this thread into another magnus did errything wrong one and focus on the glorious stached primarch.

>Primarch thread
>not expecting Magnuskub.

The most interesting Primarchs to talk about are the ones who did the most controversial stuff. That's why everyone yaps on about Russ and the Big Red Weenie but no one cares at all about Dorn unless it's to bring up the Iron Cage.

One of the things a lot of people don't seem to get about the statement "Best/worst Primarch" is the defining word used, Primarch, sets a pretty clear focus on what qualities we should be judging them by.

The Primarchs were created for an explicit purpose. The Primarch that fulfills that purpose better than the rest is the best Primarch.

Not necessarily the best character, mind you. Questions like "which Primarch is the best fighter/strategist/character?" can have wildly different answers from "which Primarch is the best?"

Dorn might not be the best Primarch, but he is certainly high tier given how he performs in the role described as Primarch.

>tfw Alfalfapharius was just a nom de guerre
>Primarchs trying to off one another without the Emperor knowing?
>Leman Rus' kinslaying alter-ego?
>Primarch co-conspiracy trying to save the Imperium from Girlyman's ego?

>scaled armour
>green

>tfw Alpharius is actually VULKAN'S kinslaying alter-ego

> Dorn thread

As with everything Emperor related, there wouldn't be a problem if he told the Primarchs what was going on.

He is intended to be a flawed human being whose potrayed as an unfaliable God in propaganda, but people irl keep falling for the propaganda.

They're the same people who buy the Imperial bullshit that they're justified and warranted in doing all the nasty shit they do.

That the IoM are somehow the good guys, and not just as evil, just blind, and just as fucked up as any other faction.

>tfw to loyal to be intelligent

Magnus was betrayed by everybody...Including himself........

No wait ESPECIALLY himself.

Someone should do a "trust no one, not even yourself" meme with magnus' face shopped in.

Ask and you shall receive...

I read it in his voice

That made me laugh more than it should have.

Not bad user, not bad at all

Lion was shit

EVEN IIIII DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET INSIDE THIS ONE

>t. Lemon

You dare to trash Sanguineous, the one Primarch to die for his father and face a fate he knew was coming.

>Lemon
what?

>t. It is a mighty fruit...

>meh tier
>angron
>trash tier
>angron

>curze anywhere but trash tier

The only reason Dorn gets bad rep is because unlike all the other primarchs with their quirks and individualistic attitudes, Dorn alone was exactly what Emperor wanted of his Primarchs - unwavering, utouchable and devoted generals, who weren't burdened with the origin crap too much, but rather took their duties as the first and formeost thing to care about.
You could argue that Dorn alone fulfilled all the conditions needed to receive the role of Terra's siege engineer and Praetorian since he was the perfect primarch - alone among his "brothers" that performed exactly as designed in Emperor's plans.
Guilliman was too ambitious, Sanguinius got martyred, Khan didn't care about Imperium as much, Lion totally missed his role and powers, Ferrus was a gearhead and Vulcan attracted too much unwanted attention. None of them were as devoted as Dorn, or as ready for the duties they had without emotional payload.

You forgetting Russ?

>Dorn alone was exactly what Emperor wanted of his Primarchs
Is that why he wasn't chosen for Warmaster? Or why he fell for Perty's autistic honeypot?

The Emperor didn't want a furry

but... lorgar exists

Obviously he did because he made Russ and trusted him far more than the other Primarchs

Iron Cage was really funny.

Horus was chosen as Warmaster because he was the most charismatic and had the most victories, not to mention he was the one with the most experience on fulfilling his duty as a Primarch due being the first one to be found.

Wait
If primarchs are good if they do there purpose
Alpharius is the one who's good at hiding information.
And legitmantly no one
Not even us, the ones who made the setting, know if he's even flippin dead.
Then alpharius is the best primarch.

He wasn't chosen for Warmaster because he was too much of a soldier - good at leading and winning, not good at balancing political factions and Primarch egos. Horus had a way with words the blunt and brutally honest Dorn never had.

Dorn didn't fall for Pert-ulant Manchild's Autismo Fortress. He knew exactly what it was, and he knew his Legion wouldn't make it out completely intact. It was meant as redemption for what he and the Fists saw as their own failings to protect the Emperor and to shatter/reforge them so they could become Chapters under the Codex and prevent infighting.

I think you meant only primarch.

>Not even us, the ones who made the setting, know if he's even flippin dead.
Except we do? Dorn killed him, and we smash-cut across the universe to Omegon feeling his Twin's soul die.

Alpharius is dead. Dorn beheaded him.

Side not Alpharius is a bitch, he got stabbed by a Lucifer Black in a sword fight. What other Primarch would that happen to? He was dumb to think he could fight Dorn and walk away

Wasn't the entirety of the Imperial Fists wiped out and replaced by "successors?

Are we positive it was Alpharius who died that day?

Done killed him?
I though rowboat claimed to have killed him.
And we still don't know if he wasn't pulling a sparticus manouver.
Even the ultramarines, the dudes who follow their primarch's words as law, don't believe rowboat

That happened 10,000 years after the Heresy, and we also have the cut to Omegon to confirm it.

Trusted him to capture Magnus except he proceeded to shit all over Prospero and make the Thousand Suns go traitor

Dorn killed Alpharius, Omegon either got killed by Gulliman or became Janus. Fuck Janus being that Transexual Son psyker, that's gay

The Emperor said Russ was in the right and Magnus deserved to get rekt like he did

Well to be fair they were pretty much knee deep in shit, The Burning of Prospero just ended hitting the nail on the head.

Or omegons still leading the legion due to the whole Spartacus maneuver

>I was just pretending to be retarded, it was really just according to plan
Yeah ok

Hey there Russ, didn't see you come in.

>Lion
>God Emperor Tier
BATTLE BROTHER

YES?

>Warmaster
He was already the Praetorian. His job, and the job of his legion, was to defend the heart of the Imperium. That alone disqualifies him from the position of Warmaster, as that title requires him to go off and crusade away from Terra.

If Dorn was so ding dong great then, how come he couldn't just do both? Huh?

Checkmate, Alpharius.

Also wasn't Dorn and the Fists the Legion that fought beside the Emperor the most?

Indeed.

>Wasn't the entirety of the Imperial Fists wiped out and replaced by "successors?

Hardly mattered by the time of the War of the Beast, seeing as every TRUE successor from the Second Founding was rooted in the strongest and baddest motherfuckers to have survived the Iron Cage.

Besides, we've all seen what happens when some hotshot IF thinks his mentality is the real IF attitude and commits to dumbass headstrong decisions which compromise the chapter or even the Imperium COUGH LYSANDER COUGH.

Dorn don't kill Alpharius. He killed Alpharius but he didn't kill Alpharius. Alpharius is still alive as far as we know.

Dorn had two jobs:

1) Fortify the Imperial Palace so no invaders could get in.

The Traitors got in.

2) Protect the Emperor.

Horus killed the Emperor.

Worst Primarch without a doubt.

The Traitors almost got in, big difference. No fortification lasts forever, but his fortification bought enough time for the rest of the loyalists to make a difference and change the course of the war. Unfortunately, the Emperor didn't feel like sitting on His ass anymore.

Why does he look like he'd be on trial at Nuremburg?

He died to Rogal Dorn.

His lore is basically

>comes up with advanced plots with strategic depth and innovation
>conserves military strength at every opportunity to prepare for the next engagement
>hoards logistics like a hungry servant of Slaanesh
>not abnormal for plans to fall apart after the first few steps because life is random like that, leading to some godawful losses in manpower
>values plans and Legion interests absolutely and uncompromisingly over allies, leading to long term acrimony and eventually open hostility
>>last two characteristics are shared by the AL command echelon, often with disastrous results
>unsurprisingly lures Dorn into a trap with a masterful scheme
>unsurprisingly fucks up said masterful scheme after the opening act and gets himself killed by underestimating the resilience of the enemy and the random element of life - much like the fates of many other AL commanders

In contrast, the worst one could say about Dorn's sons is pride is overvalued at times and in some instances fatally compromises the mission.

Because he's Prussian/Inuit

Honestly, the cannon is so fucked that one could just choose to ignore something like that. Personally I think Alpharius wasn't killed and it was just an alpha legionare sent to fool them.

>2017
>still pretending Alpharius didn't die

Even Omegon has accepted it

I don't think it's pride. Dorn and the Fists were well known for being unconcerned with honor or pride. However, they were often myopic in what duty meant, and that lead them to hold on when a more lateral thinking individual would let go and try again.

By definition then, the Lion would probably have been top tier if not the best? The Primarchs were created to be generals and warlords to help the Emperor conquer the galaxy. And behind the Luna Wolves, the Dark Angels had the highest win count in doing that... so the Lion would be up there.

Others up near the top would be Dorn and Guilliman.

It's the canon that spawned the I Am Alpharius, Alpharius/Omegron nonsense that said Dorn killed him.

Ultras aren't sure Alpharius is dead, aye. Or Omegon. Fucking Alpha Legion.

Yes.

It made his fellow Primarchs extremely salty that they got all the honours.

Lion padded his score with NL. His second most notable action is causing his own homeworld to blow up.

I can imagine Dorn's quick conversations with the Primarchs.

>I should share the glory? I'm just doing my job, so maybe you should focus on doing yours.
>Learn how to rebuild the shit that your Legion breaks before you talk to me about building societies.
>I worked with the Solar Auxilia for this operation because between your Legion and the Auxilia, at least I can depend on the Auxilia.
>You're not going to survive in a REAL siege.

Lore on Inwit when? Why the fuck did they create an entire sub-society within the Imperium and then completely squander it?

>The Traitors got in.
no they didn't
that's the entire reason why horus lured the emperor onto the vengeful spirit

>Horus killed the Emperor.
except his legs ain't broke yet, nigga

Dorn wasn't exactly the best at anything beyond making shitty primarchs mad as fuck, but he got the job done. He just kind of broke once his boss stopped giving him direction.