How does a master fighter beat a master wizard?

How does a master fighter beat a master wizard?

In every mock fight we did the wizard toasts him.

Depends on the setting.

The martial needs a special kind of armor to protect against magic: plot armor.

The martial can stuff.

Cutting the space between him and the wizard.

What system?

The way I see it

>ranged martials beat wizards, especially if theyre assassin types

>Wizards beat melee fighters because holy shit thats the worst match up ever

How did Ahnuld beat the Predator? By being sneaky.

By stabbing him.

Parry spells cast at him with his shield, sprint at the wizard in full plate, aim his first attacks to destroy the contingencies and other ongoing magical effects buffing the wizard, and then go for the kill when the wizard is vulnerable.

A master swordsman just hits so hard and fast that the wizard is forced to burn their highest level spells just to survive to see the next turn, not getting the chance to go on the offensive until after they are running low on gas.

Like this, more or less. According to Rowling, a muggle with a shotgun could hand any wizard his ass.

Now I'm imagining THEY LIVE with Rowling's wizards instead of aliens.

roll better than the wizard

>How does a master fighter beat a master wizard?
By existing in any system that isn't D&D or its equally idiotic clones

By killing the wizard in his fucking sleep.
By spearing the wizard with an arrow before the wizard knows he's there

>According to Rowling, a muggle with a shotgun could hand any wizard his ass.
People keep posting this, but nobody can ever cite where Rowling supposedly said it.

I would post Fate/Stay Night but Saber jobs to Caster so badly it's not even funny.

In warhammer, pretty much every important fighter has some sort of armor or other gear/blessings that protect them from magic attacks to a certain degree. I'd assume this would be the case in most fantasy settings where a wizard could easily vaporize an unprotected warrior

In DnD, he doesn't. Unless he gets obscenely lucky or you're playing 4th edition. This is by design. Wizards markets to morons with fantasies of beating the jock with intelligence.

Never heard that she officially made a statement about that before, but in universe the wizards see guns as a muggle wand used only for killing each other. To Wizards the whole concept of a gun is retarded because a wand can do hundreds of things, including non lethal attacks, while a gun has one function only. In a wizard vs gunman fight, it just depends on who draws first

People keep reposting the statement about "muggle with a shotgun" and claiming that Rowling said it in "an interview".

>wizards of the coast editions