The primary antagonist was actually a member of the last party who went rogue and killed the other PCs

>the primary antagonist was actually a member of the last party who went rogue and killed the other PCs

That is clearly not a rogue.

>going rogue is the same as being a rogue
user...

Multiclassing isn't hard.

How hard is it to pick up a couple of Thief levels while you're waiting in your BBEG ugh crib for the PCs to show up?

I had a surprising amount of fun watching this. My expectations were to get my childhood raped and I still don't agree with certain decisions, but it seemed like everyone in this movie was pretty into it and it tried to have the same spirit without agressively pandering or completely discarding the original.
Then I went ahead and watched Ghost in the Shell...

>Then I went ahead and watched Ghost in the Shell...

Yeah, it was pretty fucking bad. On the other hand, the plot is a perfect metaphor for the movie itself. A Japanese person with a idea is kidnapped by a corporation and stuffed inside of a soulless shell just to make a profit.

>Judging a character's class by their appearance
You are the reason Razmir works.

I've never been angry at a movie. Usually I just shrug shitty flicks off and forget about them and even bad adaptions are just thrown into the trash and never talked about ever again.
But this infuriated me, because they clearly could have made a good movie. A shame for Batou because that guy was a perfect cast and tried his best, but his lines and direction were just awful. I also liked Not!Mads-Mikkelsen Bot, but again, trapped in a complete shit movie.

At least they gave Togusa his Mateba.

AH, AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M A PICTURE FOR ANTS

>tfw you fucking knew it was going to suck ass harder than a human centipede but you still wanted to be reeves
god fucking dammit it feels like your kid has disappointed you for the 100th time

I'm on him, control. Subject appears to have some kind of shrinking tech.

It c-couldn't have been /that/ bad, right? Sure, half the time I had to ask what they kept from the original but surely there's been worse.

Nobody having ranks in Spellcraft is the reason Razmir works.
Seriously, one asshole with spellcraft and a decent roll and the jig's up.

The only thing I didn't like about this film was the obvious Krispy Kreme shilling. Like, it was cringey in the final battle when they mention it 3 times in a minute and then show Rita calmly eating a donut. Also kinda wish they touched on how Rita, a ranger, got so much more powerful than the rest of her team, but maybe that'll be explored later. Other than that I had a lot of fun, already watched it twice. I expected it to be overly dark and gritty but it was just a refreshing, updated take on the very first episode of MightyMorphing Power Rangers. Looking forward to any sequels they may have, I really want to see where this goes.

Avoiding GITS like the plague though, I was only planning on watching that if I was extremely stoned for the visuals and I quit weed before the movie came out so that's a no go.

I haven't seen it yet, so I am saddened to see this.

The only movie prior to this that I was angry at was the movie adaptation for Eragon, oddly enough.

Spreading that info around is a good way to get v&.

So is he like a physical guy that clobbers people with his stave or something?

He's what happens when a Rogue with points in Use Magic Device and Bluff doesn't get called out on his bullshit if he's the one I think he is.

True.
It's a shame, because the concept is pretty sweet. If only the game didn't have to forget its basic mechanics in order to make it work.

The Eragon books are complete and utter trash-tier anyway. Who cares that the movie was bad?

Looked him up, he's pretending to be a god but doesn't actually have divine powers it seems. He's just a fuck strong wizard.

He's a level 19 wizard who conquered a kingdom and declared himself a god. His evangelizing "clerics" are bards and wizards who pretend their power is divine instead of arcane.

It was my younger years back when I actually liked the books. Oddly enough, I still like the setting even if the books were shit. The Language of Magic kinda stuck with me through the years.

Fucking Togusa might as well not have been in the movie. He just didn't matter at all.
The movie goes out of its way to introduce the concept of Togusa, an "unenhanced" guy, and show him surviving the assassination attempt, and then he just ceases to exist.
And then fucking Saito pops out of nowhere in the last five minutes of the film. I have no idea why they didn't just cut him and have Togusa be the sniper, so that he would at least serve some purpose in the film.

>The Language of Magic kinda stuck with me through the years
It's just the magic system from Earthsea.

It was pretty bad man. Anything taken from the manga, movies, and series are pretty much surface level at best. Also, and spoilers, Mira Killian, the Major, was made by kidnapping a teenager named Motoko Kusangi who was a homeless "Viva la revolution!" runaway.

>player retires his old character so he can make a new one using a new splatbook

>player retires his character for a new one each time he grows tired of the concept
He's on his fourth now, in little over half a year.

My LARP has one of those. 2 events per character, tops. The only reason he can afford to keep introducing new characters is because one of the big costume-makers in our game is a doormat and does his work for free because friends.

Except Earthsea comes with a LOT of baggage.

Le Guin is an author to simultaneously be respected and scorned, because while on one hand she explores a lot of great ideas, on the other hand she gets too caught up in politics and trying to be different for the sake of being different. You can see echoes of her best and worst traits in Neil Gaiman, and frankly, their works would be improved just by taking away the excessive pretentiousness that seems to be an epidemic among modern poets.

Eragon's magic system was nothing but a pale imitation of Le Guin's, but it made up for it's lack of depth and originality just by being more clear and direct.

>Except Earthsea comes with a LOT of baggage.
Not in the first book, which is what sets shit up and what really matters.