Heal Brats annoy me

Heal Brats annoy me.
The problem is that they exist to be the antithesis to the healslut mentality, and I understand that, but the fact of the matter is that in any situation in which something is killing The Tank, it's inevitable that the same thing murdering them can absolutely kill The Healer just as easy.

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/89747/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The issue is it comes from an MMO mentality born of the modern MMO where if everyone does their job right the healer doesn't have to stress much at all, just sitting back and pushing buttons when a think starts to blink yellow or maybe red.

In TTRPGs I have yet to see either of these mentalities actually come up, especially given the amount of people who learn healers from D&D where you're a tough mother fucker in armor and wielding a hammer.

I look forward to the short life and swift death of the term "healslut."

That makes some more sense.
I'm a 3.5 Fag so I've never been too experienced with other systems too often, but it's always seemed like my groups never even had healers and often enough healing would be a thing we did in town.

Also it's sorta sad that the inability to instantly heal makes doctors a non-viable occupation in fantasy adventure parties.

>not enjoying rp'ing with a submissive healslut
>or AS a submissive healslut

I look forward to the short life and swift death of you.

Somebody give this faggot a blowjob for dropping such an accurate answer so fast.

So what's your healing generally boil down to?
For my current party, it's a rogue with a Wand of Lesser Vigor who actively rolls initiative and starts making intimidate checks if a caster tries to spend slotson out-of-combat healing.

The term might die, but sissy roleplay will live on in some other form
embrace it

We sometimes had sorcerers that could pull of minor healing spells, but ultimately we ended out going back to the local town and just dumping our asses off at the church.

We became friends with a fat priest there that was strangely Italian and fed us a whole lot while we got heals. He was hurt in a demon break in once and we had a barbarian and two fighters carrying him out while he blasted spells like the glorious bastard he was.

>tee hee I'm just the healer, I just w-want to-to help e-everybody! S-stop bullying m-me and b-being so l-lewd!

Anyone who thinks this is how a "healer" would act has never met a paramedic.

Hey man, no one ever said weird fetish roleplay had to be realistic.
Also its easier to believe when you just have to wave your hand and wounds instantly heal without even any blood to clean up, like most media portrays the role

>I'm a 3.5 Fag so I've never been too experienced with other systems too often, but it's always seemed like my groups never even had healers and often enough healing would be a thing we did in town.

That's mainly due to character survivability in D&D being based around not being hit rather than how many hits can be survived.

Like Said, it comes mostly from MMOs, but it's slightly inaccurate. Depending on the game, the healer's job can still be hard even when no one's fucking up. The problem is that 90% of MMO players are fucking retards who can either not follow simple instructions or don't care about anything except how big their numbers are. The OP image is literally me. I started as the first, and ended as the second, because that's just what it does to you.

I'm so glad healers in tabletops don't have to deal with that. Most of the time.

>not doing a dissociative 'not this shit again' combat medic guy

post the other one

There's another one?

yes

>not playing the grim and caustic healer with a heart of gold

I unironically can't stop thinking of this comic and the Mercy one every time I play healer Sorcerers are big burly men, this shouldn't happen

>soldier 76
>healer

also
>"slow down, fucking Tank!"
Really activates my almonds

Can't "healers" and "tanks" just have a mutually respectful professional relationship or even friendship?

No, the healer will just forget about the previous tank as soon as a new tank comes along.

If for some reason the party needs two tanks, they healer will service both.

Tanks and healers are supposed to have mutually beneficial relationships.
MMOs however ruin this because every healer is a salty shitfuck, and the tanks get no communication from the asshats that are supposed to be behind them.
If tank doesn't protect healer, he gets no heals.
If healer doesn't heal tank, she gets gangbanged by every even slightly intelligent enemy ever.

>also not having a mutual bully romance

It's like you know nothing about bdsm/sissy fetishization.

>put up shield
>everyone runs in front of it

Every.

Time.

>You can't just keep those four stacks of poison, idiot
Then do your job you stupid cleansebot fuck and fuCKING REMOVE THEM FROM ME AAAAAAAAAAAAA

>The issue is it comes from an MMO mentality born of the modern MMO where if everyone does their job right the healer doesn't have to stress much at all, just sitting back and pushing buttons when a think starts to blink yellow or maybe red.
Honestly, I feel FF14 does healers right. White Mage has your standard healing spells and regens, but you get some pretty potent attacking spells too and fucking Holy, which is one of the best AOE spells in the game.

Of course, you can still just sit back like a bitch when everything's going well and not do a thing, but that's just boring when you can throw around rocks and nuke entire groups of enemies while everyone's healed up.

>especially given the amount of people who learn healers from D&D where you're a tough mother fucker in armor and wielding a hammer
And they're the best kind of healers. Having the physical strength to wield heavy-ass armor and weapons, the wisdom to wield and understand the powers of the gods, and using both to protect, heal, and destroy at will.

I dunno, to me healing is a challenge, especially in MMORPGs. I always do my best without even considering whether he group is being smart or not, because it's fun in its own way when it gets hectic. Why be passive aggressive about a group's dumbassery if you have the power to fix their mistakes, anyway?

>Honestly, I feel FF14 does healers right. White Mage has your standard healing spells and regens, but you get some pretty potent attacking spells too and fucking Holy, which is one of the best AOE spells in the game.
>Of course, you can still just sit back like a bitch when everything's going well and not do a thing, but that's just boring when you can throw around rocks and nuke entire groups of enemies while everyone's healed up.

Its funny but I've been yelled at as the tank by healers for going slow and not pulling big in FFXIV.

If only.

>When you build as many Vun stacks as possible just to see if the healers can keep up.

meanwhile, us cloth wearing day ruiners will just chill at the back and bring the firey fist of death crashing down on whatever the tank is shit talking.

Who is who in this relationship?

Honestly I've seen it go both ways. "Stay behind me and heal me bitch!/You're lucky I even bother to heal you, bitch."

Because if you can fix their mistake without any consequence then the mechanic involved is trivial and no one really cares anyway. On the flip side you can fix their mistake, but now you risk running out mana or you're falling behind on keeping someone else up or so on. Now you are edging closer to a wipe that could have been avoid if people had just paid attention.

It doesn't say "can't."

>tfw you're just trying to tank in peace but your healer keeps switching between being dom and being sub to try and find out what you like to bait you into erping with them

No fun playing if you never risk a wipe. Gotta push your group's limits to find out how far you can go. What's the fucking fun in playing it safe? I mean, if you're doing the monthly ultra-difficult raid, that's another thing.

>not taking the bait and punishing them afterwards
D E L E T E
E
L
E
T
E

Healsluts without Tankdoms are the "that guy" of Mmos.

The difference is this:
Normal healers tell the tank to slow down.
Raid healers tell the tank to pull harder.

Sure, but when your group is wiping to easily prevented shit...

I play healer/support in most things. I find that when people know a healer is near, they take a lot of unnecessary damage expecting the healer to keep them up, which is tough when most of a group does it.

Also, healers are usually the first to be blamed when shit goes sideways and things go wrong (regardless of weather the healer had anything to do with it or not)

Most people either get salty as fuck or stop healing, in my experience.

>tfw AST damage spells look so aesthetic
>instincts always go back to DPS so I'm a terrible healer
>if tank's not at 30% I'm in cleric stance attacking

>they take a lot of unnecessary damage expecting the healer to keep them up, which is tough when most of a group does it.
So work to keep up. What the fuck, does nobody like difficulty in MMOs?

How the fuck am I supposed to do that when you're grabbing them faster than my cleanse comes off CD?!

I could LITERALLY shove this healstick UP YOUR ASS and you wouldn't get any better healing, dipshit! Seriously, how hard does he have to fucking telegraph before you dodge or at least raise your god damn shield?!

I fucked a Healslut once. She took my virginity, messed with my head, broke my heart, flew out to California to fuck another guildy, and that caused me to fall into a depression that caused me to drop out of college.

All in all I wouldn't recommend it.

That sounds more like a proper slut than a healslut.

All in all, I think you got fucked

Once upon a time, CODzilla existed in MMOs too, but it was taken out because they felt there wasn't enough to distinguish the Paladin from Priests.

No amount of believing in yourself is gonna make your heals suddenly more effective when you're already balls to the wall.

She was both, really.

>That one field medic who went nuts and killed a bunch of hadjis with his bare hands in Iraq

As a S76 main, you'd be surprised how many tanks spam I need heal while the Mercy chased Genji or Pharah or Lucio goes off trying to bounce fuckers off cliffs.

I don't understand why fuckyards do this. It's a shield. That you can shoot through.

Anyhow, is it wrong in table top games when I'm an alchemist, I tend to end up as the healer and just RP him as a mix between the Medic and Rick?

Roleplayers and Heal brats are bad at the game, good healers are usually stuck playing babysitter more than healer in most games I've played in. I love the support role, I try to keep everyone topped off at all times, and if the tanks doing his job I'll have his back from the backline and keep and an eye on the dps. It's actually a fun role but some of you people make me want to eat my parents.

That's because everyone and their mom wants to speedrun dungeons.

I always play a big, papa-bear, tank/healer hybrid if I ever go healer.
There's just something about rushing into the thick of things after somebody who thought they were doomed, taking fuckloads of damage for them, and immediately bringing them back to full health that feels so goddamn rewarding.

>op ran ahead of the group and died so now they're absolutely butt-devastated and shitposting about it on Veeky Forums

Now, hopefully SB buffs WHM so they're actually worth having in a party, it'll be great.

I haven't played a Pen and Paper game in like three years.

>When your freshly mined 60 healer ends up in a party with i270 tank and dps

Thank god I run that shit as PLD, I always feel bad for the new healer who has no fucking clue what's going on.

>tfw this was probably made by a virgin who talks a big game when they're online but fails at real life relationships

>when you don't actually read the comic and the healers just let you die for being a moron

If I go, so goes everyone else.

>what, I'm not playing bad acting like a retard and taking too much damage, you just need to try harder and change the mechanics of the game so I'm immortal! Don't you like mmo difficulty? because I sure don't and that's why I expect mommy to take care of all my boo boos without me trying to play smart

So you're just whining about something that you imagine is happening?

And then they get a new tank and never team up with you again because no one wants to play with a retard who gets themselves killed and blames everyone else.

You've gotta do something to keep it interesting when you're running Thok ast Thok Ex

My record with survival is 9 stacks. My overall record is 12

>purposefully playing shitty because it's "interesting" for everyone else to have to carry an idiot
But it's everyone else that doesn't play with your meta game "lol so funny look how stupid I'm being" that are the "bitches"

wew kid

Who cares when it's all random matchmaking, anyways?

It's a Japanese World of Warcraft clone with cross-server shit, that won't happen. Consequences like that don't exist.

I just like to make my party members feel good, does that make me a healslut?

Depends on how far you're willing to go.

I mean, good luck finding another tank who'll run old content god knows how many times so you can get your bird.

And good luck getting one that won't get bored over how fucking easy the fight is.

If you jerk them off after raids, yes.

You say that like it's hard.

>Depends on how far you're willing to go.
Yes

>If you jerk them off after raids, yes.
D&D, not an MMO, don't know if dungeons count as raids
The rest of the PCs were female though and a futa

Only takes one tank, yet that's the last spot to fill.

How do you know she has a dick? Is it a bloody ERP campaign?

>users of holy magic to heal their comrades mid-battle in a high fantasy setting
>analogous to paramedics

Guess it's different for each server, those parties aren't up for long on mine.

Then yes.

I think the point is that you see some shit that will harden a person the fuck up

Came up during character creation while we were planning the party
Also yes

>especially given the amount of people who learn healers from D&D where you're a tough mother fucker in armor and wielding a hammer.
holy shit this, I got into D&D 2 years ago and man I'm in love with the idea of clerics.
I thought they were another flavour of wizard (no armor, no martial weapon proficiencies) then I see how some domains grant heavy armor and martial weapon proficiencies and suddenly I imagine this badass guy calling down lightning while shattering a skeleton's skull with his hammer.

Oh.
I'm in.

That's generally been my experience as a tank in MMOs. The healer is my buddy and I trust him to do his job while I get on with mine. My main thing has been telling the DPS not to run on ahead of me or stand in the cleave zone in what I presume is misplaced solidarity. Being up front with "OK, guys, where do you want me to pin this thing?" has had pretty good results. The others tell me where to stand, I go and begin drowning the boss with my blood, and we all do our jobs. I've died like three times total in 50 levels of FFXIV as a result, and I roll exclusively with pick-up groups.

I tend to take the support role in tabletop games since I don't need to have reflexes for that, but I've always found D&D support characters to be more of a "right behind you, bro!" play experience than the healslut or healbrat stereotypes.

>half the group standing in fire
>other half are productive teammates
>tank being wailed on by boss
>limited time and resources
>"so work to keep up"

I can't let the useful teammates die just to focus my heals on the insipid cunt who stands in the "you-die" mechanic.
Maybe don't be retarded while expecting daddy-healbux to bail you out of every retarded thing you do. It's not a matter of "just heal faster". If I waste my time pumping life into the idiot who's killing himself then everyone loses.

tl;dr: If you're an obstacle rather than an asset, you're not getting healed.

Healers get treated like shit most of the time. They either puss out or man up. Don't be a faggot and berate the nonpussy lifegivers.

I've never played a healer in a TTRPG, but I can tell you a lot of Healer salt comes from past experience with pubbies who get used to having a decent healer and take them for granted. Then, when they end up being too stupid to live, they blame the healer. That gets old really, really fast. I know I personally tend to zone out after the first time some dumbass who ran ahead says "OMG F U CUNT WER DA FUK WER U".

>They either puss out or man up
"Enjoy the abuse" doesn't seem to fall under either user, which is it?

Any doujins on this?

A pussy takes the dicking and enjoys the abuse.

someone post the /k/ screen cap of the medic who made people pay him in buttsex

And then you run out of mana because the fucktard DPS from Gallywix and Nemesis keep running into avoidable mechanics.

nhentai.net/g/89747/

there's also one with a sorceror(male) who feminizes himself to party up with a beefy warrior but I can't find it

Why do people who doesn't play healers believe in this "healslut mentality"?

I mean all we want to do is save some people but you lot act like we just kick your dog.

>I play healer
>I love being a healslut

Though I gotta ask?
>I mean all we want to do is save some people but you lot act like we just kick your dog.
How so?
From what I've seen it's the people who hate the healslut character type who seem to freak out and start throwing insults around, I don't think I've ever seen someone prohealslut even respond in kind

Is it the idea of healsluts themselves you take as an insult?
Cause I'm honestly not seeing any hostility towards those who don't like healsluts yet they act like they've had their face spit in

>nhentai.net/g/89747/
that was really hot. I love /ss/

>Is it the idea of healsluts themselves you take as an insult?
Can't speak for anybody else, but I feel that shoving your fetish in people's faces is extremely rude in the social environment of the typical MMORPG.