Amonkhet Spoilers

New Gideon is cool, even if the third ability is basically flavor text.

Trials and cartouches are surprisingly efficient. This one is going to be one of the best blue commons for limited.

>Gideon of the Wallet

Is there any other Planeswalker with no -Abilities?

Haven't had a two mana edict in a while, even at sorcery speed. If the cartouche deck is a thing it's because of this card

Amonkhet is already 10x more "enchantments matter" than all of Theros.

ad nauseam deck confirmed for tier 0

this is the death of t2
F

Depends if you count the origins flip walkers

Why only have 4 gideons in your deck when you can have 8 or even 12.

>Haven't had a two mana edict in a while, even at sorcery speed.

Yeah I was very surprised. It seems decently strong, too.
I just know I'm going to end up making a janky casual 5c Cartouche/Trial deck to play against my friends with

One Vision
One Purpose
Peace Trought Gideon

I mean, this and the Blue Cartouche and maybe the White one represent a trip to valuetown I think.

Can you make a deck which is nothing but gideons?

So could this work in EDH, or would the commander have to be baby Gideon?

Before that, I need Wizards to make Bear Tribal viable.

>You can't kill the Gideon
>Gideon lives in jank

Well yeah, if you're a terrible person.

Bear planeswalker when?

you bet that the next commander set features the Jacetice League as possible commanders

Okay people.

Rate the Cartouches and Trials from best to worst.

>Trials
Black > Green > Blue > White > Red

>Cartouches
White >= Blue = Red > Green > Black

Cartouches: W=U=G>B>R
Trials: G>B>U>R>W

close, white trial will be better than blue trial depending on how pushed exert is.

In EDH, yeah. There's more than enough cards in white with Gideon art and flavor text to make a Gideon Tribal deck

>last ability is basically flavour text.
Thats the problem, the gatewatch just run around being insurmountable faggots. They never lose, always win and now they have a card that emobies this faggotry. Im sick of these dicks already at its only been what like 18 months?

>Cartouches
>Red is worse than Green
Fighting is not that valuable

I was thinking of it as objective power, not the power of the set.

just wait until we get another Jace "I win" card

The last ability combos with Near-Death Experience

it's literally this gideon, you twat

If wizards doesn't print something on pat with Hero's downfall that makes things lose indestructible, this Gideon is going to be VERY expensive and VERY broken.

I don't see how.

yes, but we will get another card for every other Jacetice League walker that gives you an "I win" effect. Be happy to live in these exciting times.

Just attack him. He's not indestructable then.

>as long as you control a Gideon planeswalker
>a Gideon planeswalker
>there's 5 fucking versions of him

Can mono white midrange Gideon actually be a thing?

If its worth noting, all the Cartouches connect together

Kiora's +1 BTFO

>even if the third ability is basically flavor text.
It's a 3 mana Platinum Angel.

>Paying 4 mana for an explore

That's some really good art

The joke is that the BFZ Gideon implicitly had the ability as well.

>There's blood on the last Cartouche
DEEPEST

A platinum angel that can be attacked and subsequently bolted if you go right for the ult

Gideon tribal:

4x Kytheon, Hero of Akros
4x Path to Exile
4x Gideon's Reproach
4x Gideon of the Trials
4x Oath of Gideon
4x Gideon's Avenger
4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Gideon Jura
4x Gideon, Champion of Justice
4x Mutavault
3x Emeria, The Sky Ruin
19 Plains

That's really cool

MEZAMETA KOKORO WA HASHIRIDASHITA
MIRAI WA EGAKU TAME

Unlike Ally of Zendikar this Gideon is not doing one thing. Ally of Zendikar was a really good aggressive planeswalker, but Of the trials only has his trademark animate ability that's really aggresive. You're free to call me out for this after the protour, but I don't think he is gonna be as good as the current Gideon. He's good but bfz Gideon still seems better. This one isn't doing much but stopping damage and swinging as a 4/4. At least you can kill this one with a grasp of darkness. I could be wrong but I couldn't see anyone wanting to play this one with the bfz one. T3 Gideon into t4 Gideon doesn't seem all that great. Could be wrong...this thing could be broke, it does stop cat combo for a turn.

the same can be said about JTMS and I don't see anyone dismissing that card

snazzy

memes

Hello plebbit

Oh I didn't know this new Gideon Brainstormed and Fate Sealed and bounced.

I'm just waiting for this set to include a 5 Color Bolas Walker with a "You win the Game" Ultimate

Why not gideon battle-forged instead of gideon's avenger?

Can we break down how broken this is?

3 mana 3 loyalty is good.

+1 nullifies a source, which is good at ANY point in the game. Can shut down things like Balista from pinging things down. In modern it shits on Death's Shadow, with the only answer in that deck being Abrupt Decay.

4/4 indestructible for 3 is already better than the God cards revealed.

>Bolas
>5 color

That's just the other side of Kytheon, Hero of Akros...

I'm going to bet that the cartouches are in order that the trials are.

Oh i'm dumb

Checked

>if you have 4 Dark Intimations in your graveyard, you can use his Ult the turn you cast him
>He has no + abilities. The only way you can use his Ult is with Dark Intimations.

>Shits on Death's Shadow
Lmao

Phyrexia can't come soon enough

Wow a Red Playable Mythic that encourages creatures the tappening to happen again?

COUNT
ME
THE
FUCK
IN

FUCK COMBO
FUCK CONTROL
HERE WE GO

Phyrexia should have died with Yawgmoth.

You and I both know they're just going to be thoroughly curbstomped by the Jacetice league without any effort.

Could platinum Gideon see play in ad nausium? With the whole you can't lose the game bit and it being a 3 drop (forgive my ignorance in not a modern player)

Normally I'd agree with you, however Wizards has already said Phyrexia is the be all end all villain of MTG so unless the plan to destroy them and revive them a second time I doubt it will be as simple as fireball Elesh norn in the face.

Ad Nauseam already has enough things to not die, its not like they need anymore.

Seems like it could be okay in bushwacker zoo

It's unlikely. They already have Unlife and Angel's grace, and they don't really need more than that.

So could i use seeker of skybreak or others to have infinite combat?

Don't you remember how they literally just took a fat shit on the Eldrazi Titans? It's fucking retarded

Can only exert once per turn

If it had vigilance it would get infinite attack steps and that would be dumb.

Bouncing it and giving it haste on the other hand....

Seems good against ad nauseum

This set has been hot shit so far and I don't think it will get any better

No.

Ignoring powerlevel, which Gideon do you like better abilitywise?

>Its BFZ all over again.
>A chase Mythic Gideon and absolute garbage on the rest of the rares and mythics.

wew lad

This new Gideon isn't half as good as old Gideon

I'm just exhausted that this is the best preview card they've shown so far and once again, it's Another Fucking Gideon. I always felt that people were exaggerating when they talk about how Wizards only wants to push planeswalkers and story cards, but Jesus guys.

he's definitely not good in the same way as Zengideon but I think he is still extremely good. I mean, like, on a fundamental level, he is a 3-mana planeswalker, he can defend himself, and he has the Platinum Angel text. If you're playing it and Ally of Zendikar in the same deck, it's probably because this Gideon fits into your gameplan and Ally of Zendikar is a generically overpowered PW that'll randomly win you games. I don't *think* decks will actually play the actual 8 Gideons though.

It also comes down on turn 3 and freezes their best dude so it can establish itself on the board. It is not hard to go into the midgame and reach the point where you have enough loyalty to take a turn off and do the Platinum Angel thing

also Bolt isn't in Standard

>le funny bear tribal meme

Haha ebin

they will have a buttfuck retarded lore reason of course. we're talking jacetice league here man

Fuck off Reddit

Also, it doesn't stop the cat combo at all

I think Ally of Zendikar because it's more likely to win games on its own, kinda like Elspeth Kinght's Errant. If he's supposed to be her replacement at least Ally of Zendikar is closer to her.

Old Gideon is vastly superior

Are... are we supposed to be EXCITED for this garbage?

Platinum Gideon and his Bestie Dovin Baan shitting all over your opponent's board.

I like that card a lot in a vacuum and there's a lot of fun dumb red creatures and it curves wonderfully into Hazoret The Pervert but

who gives a shit when your opponent is just going to lol drop a Gideon you can't win

Attack the Gideon you dumb fuck

they'll just drop more gideons

>Path/Push everything then Sphinx Rev for 15

These are going to be such bombs in Pauper. This and Ninja of Deep Hours is value for days.

Standard 2017 and onwards: There's Always Another Gideon

If they keep dropping gideons they arent dropping endgame bombs of their own.

oh thank God they're not dropping late game bombs

just Gideon Ally of Zendikar which as we all know is not a powerful card at all

Its only 3 mana

>playable
I'm amazed people are still convinced that there aren't any Wizards staff shills on this board

That's ridiculous. I'm sure the Jacetice league would come away with substantial emotional scarring