Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Codex Compliant Edition.

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments-Custom-Squad-Builder/regiments-custom-platoon-builder
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Infantry-Platoon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for golden bananas!

Would you enjoy playing against this?

Fucking christ guys, within 1 minute of each other?

>tau

I wouldn't play against it.

I generally expect my opponent to at least make a real effort rather than to just lose on purpose.

So how's this for a list? I was thinking to help with low model count Magnus is going to do a lot of summoning. Specifically horrors or flaming chariots.

Second one bby

What's the most points cost efficient way to run Celestine and Custodes? Her and two squads, then the rest of the units use a formation?

I always get the feeling that whenever someone takes a knight sub-1850 it's because they're shit at list building and just want to fill up a chunk of space with something big and stompy that they think will make it good.
I know it's probably not true, but that's just how I feel, considering how many fucking lists feature knights.

pretty sure you can literally run her alone, I don't know through what detachment though

Well I'm at 2500 points with this and I figured he could take some heat away from mango the rad

So how fucked are non-codex compliant chapters now that Papa Smurf is back on his feet?

Looking at you, Black Templars.

yeah at 2500 it's perfectly acceptable I think.
But I swear, if I see one more poster asking to rate his 1850pt imperial agents army with a oathsworn detachment and saint celestine, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

The codex astartes is a set of rules. It guides space marines. But the true test of a space marine is how to interpret those rules. Non-compliant chapters will probably be fine LEANDROS

Eldar are objectively the worst race in 40k

I thought Magnus was limited to Change and Tzeentch powers + Eye of Rape. Can he roll on Daemonology? Can he even roll at all?

Friend

Does only one model in a unit need assualt grenades to benefit from not having initiative drop by charging through cover? Also i assume krak grenades dont count as assualt grenades, correct?

Templars have been mostly codex compliant for years, user, and even before that, it was fancanon that people relied on.
The only way they differ is importance of office and how they train their scouts.

I'm going against either space wolves or ultramarines tomorrow and wanted to know if this list would be good

Yes and yes.

ya krak and assault are different. I think Krak is like s6 ap3 assault 1 and assault grenades are s3 ap null and a small blast.

Apart from the lost librarius, Black templars are like in the top5 of codex complient chapters in the current lore. It's yiffs who should worry but then again they are all but extinct anyway.

I'm not really a fan of commander with both guns and stuff that prevents him from shooting. I guess the idea is to twin-link drones from a far and if anything closes in/after drones have bitten the dust to move in and gun shit down?

Bumping for advice from last thread

Change has been changed
Boon of Flame: WC2 or 3, decide before rolling. Conjuration with range of 12″. If used at WC2, conjure 1 Exalted Flamer. If used at WC3 conjure either a unit of 3 Flamers or 1 Burning Chariot.

That's his go to summon and getting it on a 2+ it's pretty reliable. I miss spoke on the horrors part that will have to go to the other guys

Whenever I see Ork lists I never see Kommandos but whenever I use them in conjunction with something like Snikrot, reserving them from behind , they usually are worth their points (at least for Orks). What does Veeky Forums think of Kommandos and Snikrot?

I run them in every list

they die before doing anything usefull

>commited sepeku out of shame
RIP user

Ultramarines are more fucked since Girlyman wrote it as a framework, not as a rule book. He fucking hates it when soldiers can't adapt, despite girlyman being pretty set in his ways unless he's actually shown how he's wrong by being btfo or having it explained to him. At that point he's pretty humble and gracious.

Are you running any Traitor Legions? I was thinking you were doing Emperors Children at first but then I saw a Mark of Khorne. With that aside, you need more AP3, even with all those sonic weapons spewing hits, some reassurance youll get through his armour would be noice.

Do you have any strategies in mind?
It certainly looks interesting.

Ap 4 unfortunately

I mean, if you place them right they can charge the next turn, just hide them well, plus they get shrouded stacked with stealth the turn they come on if Snikrot is with them

Am i missing something or is there no way to give an inquistor an invun save via a refractor field or something?

When are the plastic Plague Marines coming out

Can space marine scouts be used for stealth anti tank operations?
If so, how?

Infiltrate them and fire a missile launcher into their side or rear armor. If you're Raptors, fire some Rending Boltgun shots as well

krak grenades, melta bombs, missile launchers, whatever the sergeant decides to bring...

If you're asking if they'll be very good at it on the tabletop, probably not, but they're certainly capable of it.

Your wrong.

Grenades only affect the model using them. Adding an assault grenade character to a unit without grenades only means that character strikes at initiative.

Their sarge can take a melta bomb, right? And they are armed with krak grenades?

The CAD is EC, then I took an allied detachment of Black Legion for the Khorne Lord

The dude brings a lot of stormshields, so I'm not too worried about AP 3 except for blasting his basic marines. I do have a Defiler I could bring for a Battle Cannon though

Guilliman thinks the current Ultramarines are awesome because they're still going at it despite only having ever known the grimdark of the 41st millennium. He takes inspiration from them. Papa Smurf is very proud of his lads.

To add in some daemon summoning to my Death Guard, what if i were to add in a Word bearers CAD consisting of a sorc on palanquin (extra wounds for perils) and two units of cultists? Put sorc in max unit of cultists, use poxwalker hive on them from a DG character (also giving me the option to get cultists to use that on without needing to buy MoN on them which I do if they're part of the DG army).
That'd be legal, right? And not too dirty?
I also really want to play both Word Bearers and Death Guard, but can't really decide between the two, and don't have the time to do two separate armies. But the upcoming additions to DG does sway me in their direction slightly.

I want to fuck that frog.

The main rules faq for stub weapons isnt clear to me, does the change mean that they are all ap 6 now or that they are all strength 4 or something else entirely?

Has there been any word on reintroduceing ways to legally buy Warhammer 40k Roleplay materials? Before GW pulled the plug on FFG I never got the chance to get the Dark Heresy 2e stuff.

Or even get a Latd + chaos spawn as the word bearers army, giving me their full formation bonus, also opening up 0-4 Lord of the legion slots.
Not that the formation bonuses give me much, but I do love large numbers of HQ characters.

freg is for snugs not fugs!

yes, the sergeant can also take gear from the melee and ranged weapons lists

Have the platoon command squad and the 30 man blob form a gun line a close to the middle and have have everyone else be mobile either getting objectives or taking out whatever they are good against.
Also scions and the custodes a4e deep striking wherever they're needed

"Stub guns, shotguns, heavy stubber." is the heading on the section you are supposed to change.
the only actual change is on the heavy stubber.

Only the profile that was changed is changed.
It's referring to the chart that covers stub weapons, and to replace the h stubber text with the new text.

Is anyone here going to be doing GW's Inner Circle thing?

She can snug all she wants on my dick

So now what. Do I just go to store and try to find game?
How did you get into TT gaming? Anyone who got to hobby on their own?

What is scarier out of a Dreadclaw, a Hellbrute or a squad of melta chosen? I only have the one claw, and both feel like they'll get the job done. The brute is cheaper and perfectly fine baseline MM+PF out of the claw.

Fuck ya! A guy that stole another guy's army on the Houston 40k group was just detained!

>Do I just go to store and try to find game?
more or less

if your shop has a 40k night, that'd be the time to go

I would say the Helbrute. The Melta Chosen could do their job with a Rhino, but the Helbrute would really want that assault drop pod.

Just be sure to deep strike it on turn 1 so it doesn't get eaten

So I really want to start grabbing Death Korps stuff, but I don't think anyone knows how they'll be changed for 8th, so should I go ahead? I like the models, but I don't think we know what effect the changes will have on the entrenched, heavy battery army I want.
As well, any good tutorials on doing sandbag/trench terrain for Aegis lines? If it's not cheaper, it should at least look better.

What exactly is the Armored sentinel and Valk gonna do?

Why grenade launchers?

You're gonna want more guys who can issue orders.

Also for the wolves, make a conscript blob with a priest in it. This is a pretty gay move however.

The Imperium is always in need of cheap cannon fodder, so there'll always be Guardsmen!
Also, forgeworld does a good job of making viable armies, from all I've heard.

I'm also aware that resin stuff tends to have casting problems, but just how common is it for stuff to be completely fucked on arrival?

What is that event about about, i dont know the details

Don't have another command squad and not enough guardsmen for conscripts, also no priest cause gw takes forever to restock also the 2 special grenade squads cause I had about 15 extra guardsmen so I made two special squads. The Valk cause I like it and the sentinel because mobile weapons platform and cheap with a plasma cannon

It has the pod assault rule, so I HAVE to Deepstrike it T1. You make a good point a out the chosen, though, however I can only fit one or the other at 1000 points.

How does this look?

They only get shrouded.

Source? Backstory?

I think you'll have enough melta at 1K between the brute and the Raptors. Plasma should cover everything else

I've ordered from both forgeworld and anvil industries and I've found anvil has a better record for less bent and less flash. From forgeworld I ordered a solar auxilia lasrifle section, command squad, and 2 basilisks. THe basilisks were good but the infantry both required some filing and the command squads swords were bent badly. For Anvil I ordered a custom platoon of 40 + 5 man command squad with void armor heads and fatigue shots arms and fatigue legs for these there was flash but it was light and feathery and thus easy to remove and honestly I feel like the quality was higher than the forge world on some pieces. Honestly if your gaming group is alright with 3rd party models I would suggest using anvil industy's plattoon builder anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments-Custom-Squad-Builder/regiments-custom-platoon-builder

I copied the loadout of this forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Infantry-Platoon
and it cost about $140 less for a look a like krieg group.

Templars not being codex compliant is fanon, like the crusading chapter loophole, and like the purple orks. Those are all non-canon.

Just finished playing against some filthy Tau Veeky Forums in a 1000pt game. What about you Veeky Forums? Any batreps or game pics are appreciated as well I'll try to do one in a little while too. And I took some army pics if the user who asked me is in the thread.

They're the coolest but this Blood Axe can't afford them in his current list. : (

I would but I'd play anyone so it doesn't really matter.
My Grey Guard have only lost to Tau shit once.

>thought there was nothing in the picture
>took me a second to realise the grey Tau thing that blended with the background
pottery

What should I work on now that I've caught up with my backlog? I've got Eldar, Marines, and Sisters I still need to assemble and paint.

Sell that shit, join Chaos.

I already have 4000 points of Chaos...

Played a game vs a list with Custodes and a Leviathan Dread.
Very close. Wish I took some photos.

Friendly reminder that you shouldn't buy anything new until you've fully painted and assembled your whole backlog.

Well, it's a bit late for that

A good while ago (at least a month, I'd check the original post but too lazy) a guy posted about how his army got stolen. So just today on the group another guy posted pictures of the army from an flgs where the thief was trying to sell it. An ensuing storm of activity happened on the post. The guy that had his army stolen even showed up. The guy posting took pictures of the cops at the store. Some were worried that the guys army would have to be taken in for evidence until after the trial was over if he wanted to press charges but the cops are going to let the store hold onto it.

Well, I'm glad to hear that worked out for him then

LGiT ?

Why do you need that Dreadclaw? It costs as much as the helbrute itself. Go with the Mayhem Pack, deepstrike 3 brutes and wreck some shit.

Yeeees Battle Report time! Depending on how fast I finish these green bean shotgunners I might just be able to get a game of my own in this Saturday!

I have a ton of Tau in my store, so maybe I'll learn something.

I don't have a backlog. My army is fully painted, and I only buy what I'm ready to paint.

I also only have 1000 points after 18 months of work. Make of that what you will.

GottaGoFast/10

I just came into the thread, GGA. Glad you took them.

>tfw last game was in first week of march
>tfw next game is in may if I'm lucky
Sometimes I wonder what I'm even collecting this shit for.

Not enough drones

Dump the medic pack on the platoon, command squads don't last under fire at all, you have a chimera to keep them alive.
dump a SWS and invest the points into a few heavy weapons for the blob, even if you are running them, six auto cannon shots or 9 heavy bolters will help in overwatch or holding an objective in later turns.

take the other SWS and put him in your Valkyrie, if you have the points, upgrade it to a vendetta.

idk about that combo of vanquisher and executioner, dump the plasma sponsons and make them both executioner with lascannons in the belly.

drop a melta on the chimera vets, you can only shoot 2 out of the hatch. you can give then a heavy flamer as a substitute if guys try to melee you.

idk what that sentinalis doing, dump him and get another squad of blob goons, executioner tank will do his job.

maybe swap your stormies to be both melta guns, if you get two executioner tanks, that's plenty of ap2-3, deep strike meltas will work better than a vanquisher anyway.

I think i managed to keep the cost the same, with the spirit of the list intact. you have to SUPER optimize guard to be competitive.

>here is the other pic

A gay move? How are Conscript blobs gay?

Is Tekarn Japan in Space?

All those dudes in one blob can lead to a gay orgy

I fucking hate those classified bald guys, I hope they get lost in the warp

yeah and im pretty sure Honorific Order is rome in space.

>mfw saw a Riptide beat Manz and Ghazgkhul in melee
Are we really a melee race?