/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------
Weekend Game Wub Wub edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-04-05 - Still getting worked on & now has 11483 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-03-26!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLl1NDwMJps
youtube.com/watch?v=yCU_6IFc9t0
youtube.com/watch?v=2sGXR0AUAbk&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2m5yYUAJ0HbHjzNahb7Ysn&index=46
youtu.be/X8LUd51IuiA
youtube.com/watch?v=uuXmDZrlLhs
youtube.com/user/TSealz/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=J51LPlP-s9o
youtube.com/watch?v=JVeqhHmDPCE
youtube.com/watch?v=p20PijYVgG4
youtu.be/dp9ch-dAKk0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IuC3FEmHpwo
www2.zippyshare.com/v/GcvOrNne/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haha! Brenda Bakke!

What's the best version of the roleplaying game?
And are there any mandatory houserules?

Okay as a theme, what songs would match up with which elements in BT? What music would be good as themes for various mechs, personalities and so forth?

Urbanmech
youtube.com/watch?v=vLl1NDwMJps

Sirocco
youtube.com/watch?v=yCU_6IFc9t0

I would figure something like the Fireball or Dasher / Firemoth would have some Sanic the Hedgehog type music.
youtube.com/watch?v=2sGXR0AUAbk&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2m5yYUAJ0HbHjzNahb7Ysn&index=46

Hey /btg/, apparently the Nightstar is losing it's IT in all range bands for Variable Range Targeting for... reasons. It makes no sense to me, but I'm wondering what you all think about it.

I don't think it fits the mech, fluff, or what it was supposedly designed to do.

Nightstars are scary enough without HAHA BONUS TO-HIT shit tacked on as it is.

But I expect the change to trigger Feddie players pretty damn hard.

I don't care about feddie players, although I'd rather buff the dracs than drag down a good mech.

It just doesn't fit with what the Nightstar is to me, especially given the fluff surrounding it's sensors

>I'm new to using battle armor..
>What sorts of BA do WoB use and how might you rate them?

>IS Standard
The basic choice. Cheap, hard-hitting (enough) and tough (enough) to use. Still die to a PPC shot, but great for winkling infantry out of buildings.

>Nighthawk/Tornado
Incredibly annoying and super cheap, but basically they're getting shredded if you deploy them. Even in hard cover it's just too easy to pop suits with 'Mech weaponry, and the armor's not hard enough to make using Infernos an attractive option.

>Achileus
The WoB model is great for getting an essentially invincible ECM into hard cover. Standard isn't generally as useful as the IS STD, but the Stealth armor helps you if you get caught in the open like a fucktard.

>Longinus
Basically just an IS Std with a drop-pack of SRMs. The sniper model is nasty in the RPG, but less useful in TT. The SRMs make them a very unpleasant Hidden Unit/area denial weapon, but also mean you can't redeploy them without transports.

>Purifier
Easy to kill, if you can hit them, but Mimetic is really goddamned annoying. Add a TAG or two to every Level I - it's a nightmare when paired with pretty much anything, and makes them hellacious spotters even when you don't have SG ammo to play with.

>Phalanx
Solid, with better range than usual, but nothing really makes them stand out.

>MD Only
==========
>Djinn
I fucking hate them. Fast, TAG, and just tough enough to live. Plus claws.

>Asura
More useful with the Tac-Ops anti-infantry rules. The SRM variant is scary as HELL in a dark alley.

>Se'Irim
Mean as FUCK. Fast, hit like trucks. Armor is shite but that doesn't matter once the SRMs are away.

>Tengu
Range for days, spectacular armor, and acceptable speed.

>Nephililm
Tough, flexible, and irritatingly hard to kill. The NARC and basic models work well together.

>Shedu
It's a better Fenrir.
Run.

Since somebody was talking conventional fighters last round, I threw this piece of crap together. I think it's got enough tonnage to drop the secondaries and make drone versions too but I can't find the drone rules for fighters. Do they even exist? We got them for dropships, tanks, warships and mechs for sure.

In case you migrated to the new thread.

Sorry, just looked back and saw your time frame. That being said I don't think flipping an ML and swapping the AC is that big of a refit. It's a class B field refit according to Strat Ops.

Honestly I'm surprised it took the dracs so long to do it, given how simple of an idea is.

As for your characters motivations, that comes down to you. If you want to do it, you'll be able to make up a reason why your character would. Maybe to thumb his nose at the dracs. Think about it, if the dracs have entire lances made up of Dragons, it's not inconceivable that there are a good many soldiers in the Draconis March riding around in salvage.

Rules for drone stuff should be in Interstellar Operations.

The fighters look pretty shit though. That 3/5 movement is going to get them wrecked, especially when combined with the armour.

>Urbanmech
>not youtu.be/X8LUd51IuiA

You disappoint me, user

They're disposable pieces of crap meant to defend dropports and such, not go chasing people around the planet. Also, that's 1 point short of max armor for a 25 ton conventional. So not much anybody can do from that end. Proper aeros get 8x that. It's a construction rule thing. On a ground map, 3/5 is plenty to fuck around as well.

This is a fun little design. I think I'll throw a few at my players.

No, just no. That wouldn't even want me to put spinners on my Urbie legs.

*would even MAKE me...

Hey /btg/, I have a question.

The Huron Warrior R5L.

How exactly does it add a PPC capacitor to a mech with no PPC? I don't have a copy of 3150.

>I don't have a copy of 3150.
Then get it out of the OP pastebin.

Also, nobody can answer that since 3150 doesn't tell you and we don't have record sheets for it.

My guess would be the DA Huron Warrior has a ClanERPPC version though, like some of their other machines like the Chingchong

Well, the TRO doesn't answer that either. Looking at the -R4O, the conversion would be a Class "F" refit - factory-only, and months of work.

• Remove LA Hand actuator (Class A)

• Strip the lasers and a ton of ammo to add a Capped ERPPC/PPC (Class B - weapon swap with fewer crits required, removing items)

• Re-allocating the Endo-steel (Class E - Structural movement. Re-allocating items is one class lower then installing them, per Dev-level errata)

• Add a GECM suite (Class D)

• Change Armor Type (Class C)

• Change Gyro Type (Class F)

So it's a pain in the ASS to pull it off, but the design is actually pretty goddamned mean.

That's one I'd actually consider running.

I'm a bit prejudiced against the mech for purely irrational reasons. The first and only time I ever opted to run one, it promptly skidded off the map the first time it ran, without ever firing a shot.

Well that makes sense.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Being a Drac is more a state of mind than an aspect of your looks. You can look like you're taken out of the streets of Tokyo, or you could be a tall Nordic type with blond hair and blue eyes, or a black guy, or an Arab - doesn't matter as long as you buy into the pseudo-Japanese *culture*. This is the nation where they have Irish and Arabic ninja, the best samurai is black, and one of the biggest twats has a Russian name (Samsonov).

Oh, yeah. A Clan ER Peeper would let you keep keep the ML in the torso (although you'd have to downgrade it to an ER or a standard) or the third ton of Gauss ammo. I'd go for the Gauss, but we all know the Caps aren't so much for the endurance thing, and they just LOVE to overheat. So probably an ERML..

Bumps the weapon upgrade to a D-class, but frankly that's not really an issue at this point.

Mixtech version. For the non-derped model, swap a ton of Gauss ammo into the other torso.

Well, this is going to be fun. Got a demo game on Saturday and I figured "Hell, I'll update my old FanPro coy of TW to give to the new gal".
"How hard could it be?"

FML.

Well, if that doesn't make you want to bling out your urbie, then nothing will.

Perhaps we need another shot. For Urbie rollin' and trollin':
youtube.com/watch?v=uuXmDZrlLhs

Non-joking, Timothy Seals does some really good remakes of MW themes and themes for mechs: youtube.com/user/TSealz/videos

For really any mech Celestials though, Iron Maiden fits really well: youtube.com/watch?v=J51LPlP-s9o

I mean, a samurai is just a part of the royalty.
Being a black samurai is no different to being a black knight.

I was going to niggle on details and then remembered that not everyone is into debating the finer points of feudal aristocracy. So.. yeah, pretty close to a knight, especially in France.

And there were plenty of Moorish knights back when "race" was about what language you spoke, where you were born, and what manners you knew rather than skin color and parentage..

>Spoiler.
Nah, it's all about the GWAR. Seriously, everyone knows the Master and the MD are fucking bohabs.
youtube.com/watch?v=JVeqhHmDPCE

youtube.com/watch?v=p20PijYVgG4

>"Hell, I'll update my old FanPro coy of TW to give to the new gal"
>"new gal"

I applaud your effort, but be aware that you may be sinking time in for no return.

For reference:
"Bring Back The Bomb"

Hiroshima, A shadow burned in time
Nagasaki, naked baby melts alive
Burnt flesh and rubble from sea to dead shore
Such a hideous theatre of war
But that was the end--Why?
There are so many more that must die
Is that not part of the plan?
I must use the nukes
I can't kill you all with my hands

Hydrogen bomb, new signs of doom
Thermo-nuclear, neutron bomb too...
You say these devices must never be used
I say you're mistaken, let's get to the fuse

Bring--Bring back the bomb
This is state policy, "by other means"
Your life ends in terror, this is now decreed
This is the twisting of bloody steel beams
The bomb blows air backwards, there's no time to scream
When they tested the A-bomb, they had a real fear
The blast will destroy your sweet atmosphere
But far more important as power increases
Was wasting the planet in well-ordered pieces

Bring--bring back the bomb
Bring--bring--bring--bring back the bomb

Bring back the bomb
It's been far too long
Summon the brazen war chariot
Bring back the bomb
what makes it so wrong?
Release the beast, you can't bury it

Why should the fire be shared with so few?
Let bombs explode, 'cause that's what they do
Nuke Mecca, New York, the Vatican too
Give me a bomb, I'll drop it on you
Why stop at only two?
You showed the world just what it can do
What a waste not to destroy
Come play at war, man, and bring your best toy

Who gives a fuck about a nuclear war?
Let bombs explode, because that's what they're for!
Last minute warning, the sirens they sing
Chaos, the reason, death, what we bring

Humans now look to the sky!
You worship missiles, yet they know no side
I guess it was all a lie
So grab ass with both hands, it's your turn to die

Die--it's your turn to die [x2]
Lies--they killed you with lies
Die, human, die

And while we're at it, let's go nuke Tibet
Let's vaporize the oceans with glee
Saving the whales an agenda for some
Nuking them sits well with me

[chorus]

Bring back the bomb it's been far too long
Summon the brazen war chariot
Bring back the bomb
What makes it so wrong?
Release the beast, you can't bury it
Hoi!
What makes it so wrong?

I'm working on building a Word of Blake Level III, and would welcome advice.
To start with 1) how many suits of battle armor can an omnimech carry into battle and 2) what kind of omnis were common to WoB in 3067?

It's going to be a Level III-beta, so about 26 mechs, 4 vehicles and 6 squads of BA. I was considering these as organizations:
>Four level IIs of five mechs and one squad of BA
>One level II of six mechs and another level II of four vehicles plus two squads or BA
or
>Five level IIs of five mechs and one squad of BA
>One level II of one mech, four tanks and one squad of BA

My Level III is going to be a for a campaign this summer, and part of it is that all we'll have is what we bring. So the Level III has to be made in advance, but once on-planet, so to speak, I can tailor-make combat groups as needed. If that makes sense.

Fluff-wise it's going to be a fictional sixth Level III attached to the 3rd WoB Militia Division. "Lions of Terra III-beta", raised in secret and unleashed at the dawn of the Jihad. I'm drawing commander names for the Level III and Level IIs from NPCs in the Fall of Terra sourcebook.

Muninn if you're here I'm the user you mentioned getting help on a WoB force a few weeks ago. I've been distracted.
Anyone else, I would very much welcome suggested Level II compositions.

For kicks I've brainstormed some level II names: The Promise, Discipled, and Seize the Moment.

>I applaud your effort, but be aware that you may be sinking time in for no return.
Look.
A) I have no intention of trying to fuck her, and she's gay anyway.
B) She watched all of Macross >and< Dougram, thinks Robot Jox is the pinnacle of Western cinema, and is sexually aroused by piles of requisition paperwork.
C) There are already two other girls in the BT group anyway. One of whom wants to bang her, but frankly they can work that out amongst themselves.

So she seems like a prime candidate. Also I had an extra copy of TW and I'm about to shift over to the BMM for demos, so why not?

>thinks Robot Jox is the pinnacle of Western cinema

Watch fer that kick ... she's tricky!

Yo, is
again.

>1) how many suits of battle armor can an omnimech carry into battle
Up to 6 (TW, pg. 227)

>2) what kind of omnis were common to WoB in 3067?
The standard IS omnis, and a handful of captured Clan units. IIRC, most of the OPFOR training cluster that Comstar maintained stayed loyal to CS during the Schism, but I'm sure individual pilots in Clanner units would have defected.

In addition, Thomas would have funneled them a few Perseus 'Mechs, which is a decent commander for a Heavy Blakie psuedo-Nova (three Level Is of BA and a trio of Omnis). For battle taxis, though, nothing beats the Owens. I actually have three of them in my Blakie force, along with a Raptor and a Firestarter. Only problem is that outdated C3s, but even then a -C or -D interoperates really well with BA.
Fierstarters give you flex room to deal with aircraft or heavier units, and don't waste space on old C3.
Raptors are fine on speed, but too fragile to really contribute once shit gets dropped off - treat them as suicide units to get the most out of 'em. Load a -B with NARCed up ammo, or take a Prime with SG depending on how suicidal you actually are. The -A can be a lot of fun for hunting enemy scouts, as well.

As far as suits,
Purifiers are good for deploying as "oh shit, he has an Arrow IV on-table" or SG-LRM bait. Longinius work well as omni-deployed units, and a squad of Achileus set to ECCM is super useful for protecting C3i nets without wasting the ECM on your scouts. And of course, the IS Standard is always reliable, if not as useful as a Longinius.

Kek

Acceptable, if old

>being an adult
>liking Iron Maiden

You should be ashamed for liking children's music

>The WoB model is great for getting an essentially invincible ECM into hard cover.

Wut

BA ECM is dog shit

I think its one-hex cover's enough to prevent C3 and C3i-links from breaking.

>Thinking Iron Maiden songs aren't enjoyable with some having a degree of depth to them
>Your music is for children
Bottom tier /mu/ bait

Back the fuck up, bitches!

youtu.be/dp9ch-dAKk0

Thanks for this, discord

Over 3025 years in MSPaint. Today is a good day to jam.

I don't know if I like what I started when I posted Gas Pedal... but I'm proud of my mistake.

Thanks for the 10 million years in ms-paint.

Alright, thanks for the info man.

Now we need an Urbie or something with those car hydraulics that make car rise and lower in a silly manner. Maybe hydraulic toes?

>"urban"mech

You think too small, my friend.

Hydraulic cockpit. The head raises, lowers, and tilts independently from the body. Bonus points if the actuators are exposed and obnoxious colors!

>start game in MegaMekHQ
>hire Mechwarriors and staff
>press "mass personnel hiring"
>press "mech techs"
>"hire"
>assign the techs and bring temp astechs up to full force
>start looking for random contracts

>" you have major damage on all mechs!"
>what
>start mass repair/salvage
>mech crippled
>broken mech arm

>wtf

>click personnel tab
>all techs are skill +7
>oh god
>edit them to be +3 on average
>mothball mechs and purchase surplus of spare parts

>month goes by
>parts arrive
>click mass repair

>all spare parts broken
>legs broken on all mechs
>tons of failed repair rolls

WHAT IS HAPPENING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY MONEY

I am currently convinced my tech's are playing rockem sockem robots with my spare parts... and my mechs.

>he didn't turn off maintenance checks

>I am currently convinced my tech's are playing rockem sockem robots with my spare parts... and my mechs.
It's not unlikely

One of the reactors is leaking!

Why did they disassemble the reactor???

My current theory is that they took the spare parts I gave them, loaded then onto a crane, and proceeded to smash the other mechs in the shins repeatedly.

My entire tech force has autism.

They've done more damage to my mechs than most battles in 3 days!

I'll remember to turn off maintenance next time. But holy shit, this is frustrating and funny.

Two REALLY BIG THINGS: One, check your techs when you mass hire, end edit them to not be complete ass. Two, modify the maintenance rolls and turn off the setting where failed rolls ruin parts, or expect to have piles of sobbing mech components tended to by Technician Dougal McGuire.

Yeah, yeah. What I want to know is what changed on my settings from last game? This didn't happen last time I played with MechHQ.

All the secrets to MHQ and MORE in this EXCELLENT BOOK, SOLD FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $99.99! kilobytes. Void where prohibited by law, consult your doctor before referring to plain text instruction booklets.

Didn't someone make a Mechanical Jump "Thunderthighs" Urbie? Sounds like that's your ticket right there.

So, I've been having fun dicking around with Megamek Lab for a little while now, I haven't a fucking clue what makes a good ASF, but I know they can recharge their PPC caps in-between attack runs, so this seemed like a good idea.

Is it fast enough? Is it armored enough? I don't have the first clue. But 50 damage for a little bit of overheat seems like sufficient firepower.

>Charging beam cannons on a fighter
>Didn't name it Scope Duck
Am disappoint

In all seriousness though, sounds like a fun idea.

>That much man-made lightning.
>Name it after the drawfag who's callsign was "Thunder God"
And I haven't the first clue what a Scope Duck is even supposed to be. Sounds like some FPS maneuver.

Also
>How do you fit 12 Medium Lasers into 8 Tons of ICE-engined tank?
I like having a good BA editor, these would have been annoying to do by hand.

Allright, I saw a thread like this a while ago and looked into it and became interested in the game. Show me a mech that focuses everything on dakka.

There are a few kinds of dakka in this game, are you talking big fuck you dakka? THROW ALL THE SHELLS dakka? FIRE ZE MISSILES dakka? LASER ALL THE THINGS Dakka?

It's one of the fighters from the R-Type series of games. One of the defining characteristics of R-Types is a charging Wave Cannon.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IuC3FEmHpwo

Hey sorry to be a begger but I have a great mech idea (great to me) I don't know DA stuff super well. I need some help/design challenge.
This planet is forbidden from weapons. It's a manufacturing hub.
I want to see a mech with intro tech only weapons but all the goodies otherwise. Yes, I know I'm asking for XXL motors DHS AES with an AC10... but, can someone cook this up for me?

Annihilator
UrbanMech
Jagermech
Hunchback
Yeoman
Piranha

to name a few.

Blitzkrieg
Bane/Kraken

Too lazy to make an actual TRO printout, sorry.

70t, 5/8/0 XXL engine, 27t Hardened Armor, TSM, Hatchet, Binary Laser Cannon, 3x Medium Laser, 4x Small Laser.

Good luck to anybody trying to kill it. Even with the XXL it has all that Hardened Armor to whittle through, and really I only put it on there to generate heat for the TSM, and to get the full compliment of armor.

Don't forget the Nova. Hard not to love a 'Mech that can melt itself by firing.

Hahaha! Bump Hold.

I'm shocked a Banshee's hands aren't on either side of the flag like a goatse.

All the dakka

Legionnaire.

It has a gun for a face.

But the gun it has for a face is weaksauce.
The Clans know proper dakka, and they put all of it in the Blood Kite.

But the blood kites big guns are lasers.

Just finished reading Wolf Pack, that book was pretty good. Think I'll read Wolves on the Border next.

But they're definitely big and they're shooty. And it has one for a face.

Nevermind it's hot garbage, and Plog had to rescue its art from the Rob Liefeld of Battletech.

Is "Selaj" even Indian/Hindu?

I've been reading Handbook: House Marik and got to the part about Regulus have a Hindu-influenced founding/ruling family, but Selaj doesn't seem very Hindu to me.

There's a town named Selaj, so that's probably where that comes from.

As a name, it seems to have Albanian origins, but that's only from a cursory search.

Googling "Selaj" brings up mostly Albanians but it does appear to be Indian as well.

... probably the best order to do it. If you'd started with Wolves on the Border, *any* BT novel you read later would have felt like a let-down.

It's West Indian/Pakistani. Them getting their shit pushed in is likely a reference to the 1857 Indian Rebellion. Marik is chock full of late British Empire references. Davions got claim to all the medieval British and French stuff though.

Sometimes you're just so unsatisfied with your work that you get the burning desire to do it all over again...

>do you have to control just how much detail and how intricate the level of detail are on the CGL designs, or do you get to go full ham?

As can be seen between the clean lines of David White or Matt Plog, and the most recent detail dense designs by Alex Iglesias before PGI completely gobbled him up, there's a very wide range of detail levels CGL allows.
I fall somewhere in the middle on the detail, so I've never pushed it far enough in either direction to be warned of a deficiency. Though, for the newseen, there was definitely the call for "go the extra mile" on details.

I suspect anything goes, so long as it "feels battletech". I'm biased towards the new trend that Alex set. New art-user falls into that nicely, so good job there.

Does anyone have any good missile boats for WoB? Preferably MD stuff. Trying to create a library of stuff for OPFOR in a campaign.

Grigori -c it's a ton of bang, not good though
Wobbies seem to like T-bolt missiles.

Thanks for answering, shimmy. It's nice to hear that there's enough freedom of artistic movement to really explore the geometric options, rather than having to keep the design solely focused on how well it would translate into a miniature.

On a different note; /btg/ which left shoulder joint do you think the Striker should have? The asymmetrical reinforced looking shoulder joint as with the classic design, or more of a symmetrical one?

TL;DR nostalgia or streamlined?

WoB Phoenix Longbow
WoB LRM Carrier
Legacy LRM variant
WoB Bombardier
MML Buccaneer
Streak LRM Seraph

Stuff like the Toyamas, Griffins, Wolverines Grigoris and such have decent LRM racks too but aren't boats.

I like the asymmetry, it makes it feel like it belongs with the Mackie and other early machines

The asymmetry gives it extra bulk and draws emphasis to the gun arm, but makes it look subtly imbalanced. I'd make it project a little less personally, but the symmetrical version looks the better of the two as presented.

>Does anyone have any good missile boats for WoB?
Sure, there are plenty-

>Preferably MD stuff.
Ah. You're kinda fucked with Celestials unless you like MRMs and Thunderbolts. Even then it's only a couple configurations of the rarest Celestials. The MD tend much more towards headcaps and getting in people's faces with fire and knives.

That said. is a pretty decent list. It ignores the Phoenix Archers and Crusaders, but covers most of the rest. The WoB tend to prefer support designs that mix heavy long-range guns and missile racks or MMLs rather than a pure missile boat.

I'd keep a sharp eye on your vee options, as well - the WoBbies always did love them some combined-arms.

What is PGI?

Are you one of those "canon only, final destination" people? If not, there's an LRM-15 Grigori and Archangel in pic related.

>I'd keep a sharp eye on your vee options, as well - the WoBbies always did love them some combined-arms.

This. Cincy was handed two L2s consisting of 4 C3i LRM carriers and two spotters at gencons (usually one heavy with plenty of mid-range direct fire weapons and one jumpy light guy), and it was completely brutal. Granted, that was in a battalion scale game, but that's pretty much in "auto-delete 2 mechs per turn" territory. If you're doing just one of those L2s in a company scale game, plus a mostly zombie L2, it's almost unbeatable without air support or artillery. You'll still have a guaranteed deletion on 1 mech per turn from IDF'd LRMs once your spotters get a bead on the enemy.

Gonna have to go with asymmetric on this one. And as the user who requested it and the Merlin, let me just say they both turned out fucking gorgeous. Good show.

Asymetric all the way.

www2.zippyshare.com/v/GcvOrNne/file.html

Are there any native German speakers here? I've got a mind to use some German names for things in a campaign and would welcome something more reliable than google translate.

piranha games, the idiots who make mechwarrior online.

MWO developer

Anyone here like the Commando?