Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a bird character before, like a strix, syrinx, tengu, aellar, or kestrel? What were they like?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread:

They pump-a-rumed and pickle-peed a lot

Well, I'm not saying they were ENTIRELY wrong - Pathfinder buffed most other damage dealers as well. They just went way overboard with it while overloading boosts and stances. ToB had like, two stances that increased your damage, and both were something like 1d3 extra. Compare that with PoW.

It was a terra cotta monk that crawled on the walls and sniffed out traps.

Aren't Tengu just a race of Varisians?

yeah dude, you're right, 33d6 x3 strength damage at level 5 is just going overboard

Its not being literally fucking retarded and not even running the most base of math.

You say that, but Varisians don't really ever seem to steal in-universe except for a specific organization.

The thought occurs Varisians kind of have no identity at this point, with how widespread and civilized they are. There's the occasional mention of caravans, but really, Paizo seems to have forgotten about them.

Paizo has begun to forget about a lot of their world, is seems to me like they're actually winding down with developing the setting and switching to Starfinder.

They forgot about Absalom when Varisia got two APs in a row, and then they forgot about Varisia when Cheliax emerged as the next big thing. Now it seems as though they're focusing on the Lake region, which makes me believe they're going to make another Mythic campaign dealing with the Whispering Tyrant, Tar-Baphon.

Got a question/challenge, what are good ways to increase unarmed damage?

I am feeling a bit sad over this because it seems so difficult to pump up the damage to match that with a two hander. Even then, when you are TWFing with fists, your attacks become inaccurate and ruins the point

Dragon Style

So when's the "Fuck it, let's wake up Rovagug" AP at this rate?

But Age of Smegma exists.

Is "TWFing with your fists" even an option? I didn't think it was...

Pre-errata Pummeling Style lets you deal flurry damage as one big lump sum rather than as individual pieces.

Also, Dragon Style and Dragon Ferocity are badass (unless you went for Dex over Str). Better yet, go Master of Many Styles, dip Warpriest (Sacred Fist) to get your flurry back, and do both.

Flurry is basically innate TWF

you can TWF with fists

When was Paizo's last great push to expand their world and make it seem both alive and vibrant? Was it really as long ago as Inner Sea Races?

Next AP is dealing with Azlant and (probably) the Spire Elves, which are one of the last great mysteries unexplored by AP or Adventure.

There will be three more APs before that, methinks. One dealing with Tar-Baphon and focused on Mythic, one dealing with Runelords, and one dealing with Taldor. Then we'll see Rovagug.

I didn't say strikes, just everything maneuvers. Strikes, boosts, counters, stances, anything under a discipline, bump that shit down to d4s.

Yes, and that still hurts (standard action)strikes more than just ignoring them and full attacking with boosts and stances, because what you deal with your greatsword with no maneuvers attached will still stay the same.

I want to make a Large humanoid. How do I do this without being stupid?

Style feats make unarmed a good option. Outslug Style for reach and more damage. Pummeling Style for pounce and melee clustered shot. Dragon style for 1.5x Str. Boar or Jabbing Style for more damage dice. Brute and Panther Style for more attacks, albeit situational.

Are you the DM working to make a PC, or NPC?

Ask your GM to let you play an ogre very nicely.

Nope. Player trying to play something different.

Lysander and Bonbon are getting their intro session tomorrow! Nobles and parties abound while trolls lurk!

No one cares Vult.

Wait what's the actual schedule of this game, two players haven't been introduced yet?

>trolls
that troll x cashmere erp copy pasta will need to get amended

It's every other Thursday, but due to schedule fuckery Vult is doing two by two, with Sigmund confined to being introduced via an IC channel.

That means the psy-op is working

Buy a casting of Polymorph Any Object on yourself.

Alternatively, play anyone with abilities to get ripped with:
Anyone with Enlarge Person on their list (every arcane caster or alchemy user plus a domain).
Psychic Warrior for Expansion or any psionics user with the feat that lets you grab a power (this one can be augmented to 10min/level unlike Enlarge Person).
Synthesist Summoner who takes the Large evolution can be Large all day.

Unarmed fighting style has always been suboptimal, but people here say Broken Blade is well, broken, how so?

Grab the advanced race guide and construct one to your tastes.

Because it can be used with weapons

Did he really confine sigmund while others get to do minisession stuff.

Is it going to remain this way until vult gets to rape gloriana since his first attemlt failed

Weapon group adaptation a greatsword into Broken Blade

Enter pugilist stance

activate bronze knuckle boost

use steel flurry strike

3 attacks with a -2 modifier

Each strike will deal 8d6+str, and because you'll have a high bonus for all of them, because you use your full modifier with a -2 adjustment

this deals 24d6+x3str

Be a vigilante Stalker with accomplished sneak attacker and get the first turn in.

Add 3d6 sneak attack three times, for 33d6+x4.5str damage.

AT LEVEL 5.

An unarmed character would be dealing 30d6+x3str, and could take greater unarmed strike instead of WGA, to deal 30d6+4.5str

WGA adaptation just makes an already ridiculously bad situation slightly worse.

It has a fairly large power spike very early to make unarmed on par with weapons.
Then people take traits and such to apply those bonuses, meant for unarmed/natural weapons to scale to regular weapons, and use regular weapons which leads to massive bonuses.

It's hardly that insidious, I think Sigmund's player is going to be busy this weekend so Vult can't exactly do a session with him, and since Lysander/Bonbon and Gloriana/Cashmere are already paired off with intro sessions they just decided to roll with him joining the group through IC Channel stuff.

>How do I do this without being stupid?
You tripped up on the sixth word of your post.

what a disaster.

Actually the biggest issue with Broken Blade is that it was balanced(and I'm using the word very loosely here) around unarmed attacks, but you can use it with weapons such as greatsword thanks to weapon group adaptation, not to mention that Paizo has since released better weapons compatible with broken blade without the need for WGA. If you use it with plain 1d3 unarmed strikes, it's "merely" a bit too strong instead of completely broken.

IIRC Sigmund's player volunteered for the solo session.

no its still fucking retardedly strong

3d3+27d6+x3 str IS STILL RETARDED DAMAGE FOR LEVEL 5

Not really? He's doing just fine posting in the IC Channel, and Sigmund's player insisted Lysander/Bonbon be the pairing since Sigmund going solo made more sense than either Lysander or Bonbon.

Yes, if you take the absolute best maneuvers and use all of them at once.

>just shoot yourself in the foot and now you're not too fast, see?
Just grab anything with the Growth domain.

Its going to be every other week after intros. Bringing in Sigmund through the ic channel means the whole party comes together faster

How does that excuse the discipline in any way? "Oh, there are broken as shit option but just close your eyes and don' t use them" is not good design.

You're right, and if I just pretend the bad things about something don't exist, its good!

Holy shit! Everything ever made is good!

Thats assuming you hit with all your attacks no?

I am in a gestalt game and right now i am hitting at like...

+12 attack, 2d6+12 damage at L3 using my current build, just one unarmed attack, no TWF yet or anything

I was wondering if I am being pessimistic when I think this is a bit disappointing and that I am actually wrong and its actually good against CR 5(Gestalt, so benchmark is against PC Level + 2 CR)

+12 attack at level 3 on a highPB usually gestalt character is fine, and those attacks will likely hit.

How? I feel like I'm doing shit compared to that, even with gestalt builds.

This is the difference between theory and application, God knows I've made tons of builds that by the book seemed incredible but put into practice did diddly squat.

Is chaika-user okay? Did we bully him to hard? He hasn't been around recently.

"broken blade isn't insanely overpowered, i can just claim its attacks will not hit, even though they almost certainly will because its literally three times the attacks of a normal martial at the same level, and statistically like 2 will hit because cr5 enemies have like what 18 AC

They're as gone as Fennec-user.

Sanguinist Medic 3 | Tripod Machine Martial Artist 1 + War Scholar Monk 2

Attack: +12 (+3 BAB, +5 Dex, +1 Chosen Weapon, +1 Insight, +1 Pain's Gain, +1 Enhancement from Gloves)

Damage: +12(+5 Dex, +4 Wis, +1 Chosen Weapon, +1 Pain's Gain, +1 Enhancement)

I love strix but never get to play one.

As an aside, what is it about rabbits that makes us consider them inherently heroic? Two of the LoBaF PCs have rabbit familiars.

Does being memed by /pfg/ correlate to higher acceptance rate in /pfg/ games? Would the negativity or positivity affect that rate? Not asking if getting memed increases chances, but rather if the two qualities might be related to the presence of a potential third quality, such as the app's art, writing, build, shilling or others.

Less slutty/cute version.

I know you deviants are into fully-clothed girls with breastplates and armor skirts.

>Does being memed by /pfg/ correlate to higher acceptance rate in /pfg/ games?

Not really, DHB has been memed since October and he almost never gets in.

You might expect high quality from some players and fun quirky builds from others, but by and large it's just idle prattle.

Sometimes there's just nothing to post about, senpai.
>tfw upcoming session is going to be nothing but dealing with loot, shopping, and RP for the trip back home

There's definitely correlation, and I think it correlates somewhat with app quality, but also with luck. The thing about memery is that it only takes two or three people to legit like it for it to begin snowballing, and any app that isn't lucky gets left behind. The same app at different times might not get meme'd.

DHB might be an outlier, hence my comment about "negative memeing". It may not be the case where all publicity is good publicity.

DHB got into two games in a row.

I think memed apps are memed because they stand (for good or bad) out to begin with, desu. Quality and QUALITY causes meme, not the opposite.

I wanna pinch those chubby cheeks!

To answer your question, Hares give +4 to Initiative, which is kind of a big thing in Pathfinder and especially PFG campaigns (As my main man Viper would say, Speed is Life.)

Hares are also fluffy, gentle and eager to fuck.

>caring about memes
fucking normies

As we see, good quality gets in and GOOD QUALITY does not. You have to have something worthwhile for people to take you seriously.

ReviewAnon savaged Vorelira, Brejik and some others, and gave lots of pointers to Rory and Rinka.

We know which ones got in.

Gamze was an upset, though.

I wonder if memed pairings (Etan-Rubio, Casimir-Valeriya) fair better than lone meme characters. Have any of DHB's characters ever been in a meme couple?

So the "success rate" and the meme-ability depend on a level of quality, but also on standing out from your peers in a way that promotes people talking about it? I can see that. Though this does raise the question of "what is quality, and what is QUALITY?" and if one can simultaneously possess both.

They are the cutest.

I might apply to a game as a bunny knight.

You sure? They arent inherently heroic per se, if anything the stereotype is that they are tricksters and often timid and cowards

I think they were chosen because bunnies are cute though

Funny how I admit that is true for me

I always find it odd if knight or warrior girls are wearing KMMO armor instead of practical yet elegant armor

On the other hand, Ulfric got a glowing review but didn't get in.

I could suspect that it does. It creates a level of similarity to dual-apps, while being flexible enough to not need the two as a pair. Memeing two apps into a couple could make some GMs think of greater RP interactions from the party, and therefore more likely to pick them in an RP heavy scenario.

>I wonder if memed pairings (Etan-Rubio, Casimir-Valeriya) fair better than lone meme characters.

This only happens if the meme pairing builds off the personality and character development of the other. For example, Rubio desires to be a hero and Etan desires to be a hero too, even though he's a LITERAL ANIMAL. This can be seen as building off each other. Casimir and Valeriya are two individuals who can comfort each other over past regrets and traumas, which makes for good character interaction.

Was either Shizuka ever reviewed? She was kind of low-key no matter which group you were in.

Reviewanon did not exist until Dragons.

>Gamze was an upset, though.

The thing to remember is that my opinion is likely very different than the GM's. I don't have any mystical insight into how to get accepted, I'm some random asshole that enjoys dissecting characters.

I disliked Gamze because (from my perspective) she was little more than a moeblob, and certainly not a well-rounded character. The GM either disagreed with my assessment, or had different priorities when picking slots.

>RotJR's runner-ups also had a lot of compatibility with winning apps, but didn't get in because of schedule
Maybe it does matter?

How do you feel about a cute dress + armor?

You also didn't like dogmaid, dog-autist, or genderswapped Alex Jones, yet somehow liked operabitch.

Even more ornate edition.

I mean, there's a real good chance of it!

Who were the runner-ups that had a lot of compatibility with folk who got in? Shizuka and Onryou?

It probably helps since it makes the DM consider the broader ramifications of inter-character interactions, but it doesn't help a poor quality character. An A+ ship isn't going to save a shit app, just like a lack of a shiip isn't necessarily going to sink a quality app.

There will never be one of Ulfric's line to enter a game on my watch.

The only thing Reviewanon said about Rinka that I changed was the formatting of her backstory. He did not give me tons of pointers

Friendly reminder that Streamer-chan D.Va got into the weekly Group A but operabitch got second-stringed into biweekly Group B.

Even better!

For the record, I do play SV, I am just sad I never got animated Aurelia among others

Kyras x Milre started out as memes but has clearly evolved to being semi-official, what with the blackknightposting and blonde speargirlposting we had earlier in the week.

Memepairs are better than dual-apps because they feel more organic and tend to have more effort put into them.

>good quality gets in and GOOD QUALITY does not
>cites ReviewAnon's savagings and Rory as an example
>mfw remembering how many positive reviews the reviewanons would have in general
>mfw a good review was given to THAT FUCKING CAT
Really niggles my noodle

>remembering all those OG pairings that didn't make it in
now that just hurts

False, there was a Reviewanon around the last week or two of RotJR, even if he was not specifically NAMED "reviewanon". I know this because Etan+Rubio was going to be a double-feature review for some reason, but the guy flaked before doing it. Then they both got in.

There was a flurry of reviews right before the RotJR deadline, but the whole slate of apps weren't reviewed.

I think it can help a poorer quality app sneak by, but it definitely doesn't make up for it. I would guess that pairings have a major effect on success, even if it's thematic like team roar.

Looking through the archives, it was Shizuka, the Dhampir bookworm younger sister of Ameiko, and Silvia, the awoo paladin who needed to know what love was.

What's wrong with e Trove II link? It's only taking me to a campaign setting folder now.

I don't remember D.Va's boobs being that big!

I never commented on dogmaid. (Though I did predict she'd get a slot)

I despised dog-autist on a personal level, but had no complaints when looking at it objectively.

Alexa's only submission was a shitty and effort-free meme post. I'm not omniscient, I can't make predictions based on private conversations the player had with the GM.

Noel is a well-developed character that perfectly fits the tone of the AP.

I really don't like the pairing memes. They don't feel organic at all when you have a bunch of autistic user's screetching on who should fuck who.

A player posts this as the character image for his Ranger.

In your heart of hearts you know cleavage armor is impractical. What do?