Vampire art thread

I need pictures, Veeky Forums, pictures of vampires.

All sorts and kind welcome, be they from World of Darkness, Warhammer Fantasy, Legacy of Kain or some kind of new take on the species.

Noble predators, monstrous beasts, it's all good.

I'd prefer male vampire art, but female vampires are good too. Preferably nothing too cheesy/erotic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ju0Z6NquldM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's really fucking cool. I love it.

Truly, Blood Knights are the best of the whole lot in WF.

Looks like something from TES.

>or some kind of new take on the species
i always liked this thing.

Reminds me of those things from Bloodborne a bit.

Muh vampfu.

Are cute vampires allowed?

I like her in Anno Dracula better.

Sure.

Fair, Newman actually knew how to write consistently by then. Drachenfels is still my favourite WHF book though.

Feel free to post more of Genevieve if you like, I won't mind.

Tick-tock, rock around the block!
Knock-knock, who's there?
IT'S TREVOR BELMONT'S COCK!
youtu.be/ju0Z6NquldM

I wish more Arc aren't wasn't full on monster or waifu mode. Stuff like pic related works better for me. Things just seem slightly off or uncanny which in my opinion is a hard, but ideal, balance to strive for with vampires.

Your picture is a perfect example how not to do it imo. If you didn´t know the source you wouldn´t even get the idea that might be a vamp. Just an ordinary waifu with funny eyes

That's kind of the point for me, user. It's not obviously a vampire to an observer. I've never really been all that afraid of vampires except for the Nosferatu movie as a kid partly as a result of how exposed vampires are. Things always seem to go right to showing the vampire, and you suddenly know from past experience how to kill it. I find it cheapens things from a horror perspective.

Granted, my ideal way can be limiting as well. If others like it more the other way, then more power to them. The gothic aesthetic can be nice. I really like the Vamprie Counts of WH for their aesthetic, for instance. This is just my preference.

I have to agree with this user, the best kind of vampire is the one that isn't immediately apparent.

>the best kind of vampire is the one that isn't immediately apparent.

This

Vampires that look human but can change into obscene monsters are the best.

>Geralt, the Duchess, and 3 higher vampires sitting at a table discussing higher vampires
Blood and wine had the best stuff

Basically a vampire.

Was Orianna a higher vampire? Given how she died in that first trailer, she seems more like higher tier of Bruxa.

She might be a bruxa, I don't think it was ever said.

Then again, the game doesn't differentiate between higher vampires like Dettlaff/Regis and the "higher vampires" you can read about in your bestiary, bruxae are part of that list

what is it about vampires that is so fkn cool?

I understand the sentiment, but I feel as though it has been taken too far in recent times, and the largely humanoid appearance I see as a huge factor in their modern depiction being less actual monster, and just an evil variation of the whole elf deal, of being extremely boring and ideal.

The Gothic lore and atmophere surrounds them. I also think the fact that they surface the gore aspect of horror but just lightly instead of plundging in it, everything about them is extremely subtle and the best kind of horror is the one that creeps with subtle detail into your mind.
Take Lord Ruthven for example, throughout the whole story you're hinted to his nature but you're always questioning your judgement about the truth.

Best vamp coming through

All higher vampires are different. Orianna was basically like a super-bruxa IIRC.

Is that "Abb-hor-ash" like "abhor" or "Av-or-ash" like its Celtic? I'm gonna guess the first one, that seems like a typical GW pun.

"abb-or-ash", most likely.

considering Vampires in Warhammer come from a generally Egypthian-like past i'm guessing the first one.

pls don't die

I don't have many, but I'll post what I got.

I never did understand Neferata's fashion sense.

Also, ones like this pic where they look oddly young (without being loli pedoshit) is a good way to do the unnatural-ness of never aging.

Last one I got that isn't ultra cheesecake-y (hard to avoid with vampires I know)

You are doing god's work here user. Don't stop.

>Don't stop
That was my last one from Warhammer Fantasy

But, user, vampires are already dead.

dammit

The first trailer takes place after Blood and Wine.

Do vampires have sex?

What of non-human based vampires?

Depends on the setting. Some have sex for the pleasure or dominance, some do it only to get an easy way to feed, some find the notion disgusting, some can even have Dhampir kids.

I imagine so, part of their whole shtick is a sort of sexual threat.

I would say that is generally right, the 18th century folklore thanks to the gothic litterature too would even make them sexual predators who go their way to seduce, rape and then kill/morph into thralls.
This belief was also fueled by the diabolic nature it was given to them, as proper demons.
Personally i don't like the gothic's concept of them but it could be not suitable to everyone on the table, so you should talk about it with the players before trying such a thing.

I WILL NEVAH QUIT! IN-FIN-ITE! CONTINUES!

Only the absolute crazies in VtM.

They have to spend blood/Vitae points to get their juices flowing like they're mortal again, otherwise this doesn't do shit for them.

Can it really be that no one on Veeky Forums has a folder of vampire artwork to share?

now that's a big Stirge

Dumping

Thank you.

Absolute best vamp

That's an Elf, a Tolkien Elf that gets tortured/mutilated into becoming an Orc by Morgoth.

Really hated American Vampire. So fucking boring to read about. And it didn't help that one of the primary focuses for the series was that vapid cunt, Pearl Jones.

Idk where this is from, but it was in my vamp folder so...