Amonkhet spoilers

Amonkhet spoilers

Isn't this fake? Have you been beta orbiting Rachel Agnes's Facebook you fucking cuck?

eheehheheheheheheh

It's a bad card, but that design is cool af. Mythic worthy.

amonkhet is a fucking dumpster fire of a set

3/10 elbows too pointy would not spec a box

storm?

hippo tribal incoming

No. Suspend

expertise/ cascade seems like it does that better

Incredible.

I need this edit

Define "bad". I could see a lot of use in Commander for example.

>blue card
>art doesn't feature prominent blue hues

fabricated and homosexual

>Bad
>allows Ancestral Vision on turn 3
>Wheel of Fate
>Restore Balance

>miscalculation
ah, the set mascot

As an EDH only player who despises other formats, EDH isn't a real format and using it to justify printing bad cards is bullshit.

that card is fucking terrible in commander anyway.

It's a card for modern meme brewing

If it wasn't for the split card rules change this would be so broken, I assume.

Brain in a jar comes down one turn earlier, although this enchantment is a bit more reliable and hits 0 mana stuff too

This is another tool to get suspend out, especially if it's in your hand.

Brain in a jar comes down one turn earlier, but costs 1 mana to activate so requires 3 mana to do anything either way, only plays instants or sorceries, costs mana to add counters and can only cast stuff that has the exact same CMC as the number of counters.

It's complete utter shit compared to this.

Terrible? There are more turns in EDH, so that is more "free" mana you can use in a round, is it not?

Having it on field makes flash and instant-based decks really good, because you can cast one of those free on each of your opponents turns.

I dunno what you're getting at, honestly.

Well, I guess I gotta agree with that, but I still think the card is passable in other contexts too. It has potential for combos.

There are more turns in EDH.

You know what there's also a lot of? Removal.
This is a card that does nothing relevant in EDH until 6-7 turns after you play it, unless your meta is literal craw wurms then this card is complete trash.

Hell, even in a craw wurm meta this card is garbage, as your opponents will be dropping craw wurm on turn 6, while this card will do so on turn 10.

So, after the Jacetice Legue destroys Nicky B's AFK Planeswalker Farm, they're gonna move onto new phyrexia, right?

this and the white one are the only half decent ones.

>design controversial new card frame
>create gorgious art
>give them amazing names

>make all the cards shit so no one is forced to use them
>make the art images for ants
>use cool names for unplayable cards

Never mind. Creatures and artifacts, not enchantments.

Combining it with proliferate spells could be nasty.

would be a nice card if mouth were an instant

dunno, insult to injury sounds like fun in UR storm (whre it litterally adds insult to injury if you are losing to storm), with familiars it doubles your grapeshot effectiveness for 1 or 2 mana, and cast twice (via flashback or just drawing two) it quadruples grapeshot damage.

Another dumb tribal card that won't see any play

>won't see any play
7 power on board for 5 mana and added synergy seems pretty good for limited

I hope you're joking
>5 Mana for 7 power across 3 bodies
>Cat Lord

Good Kitty

>limited
A vanilla 5/5 would be good in limited too, that's irrelevant

Angel of Invention didn't see any play and it's a much better card

...Is that a real life quote?

More trash

>Inb4 EDH babies claiming it's good

This is like a Geist Honored Cat.

Though Geist Honored Monk was better this beefs up the tokens it puts into play rather than itself.

No.

Yes, its about our beloved Primarch Horus, greatest amongst his brothers.

as an EDH player i don't see any way to make use of that card outside of some extremely situational board states

I'm an idiot and read the name wrong. Ignore my faggotry.

Yeah but Angel of Invention is a 2/1 if it chooses to make tokens and then gets hit with a Shock or maybe a -1/-1 counter in the future. The Regal Caracal is at least a bit more resilient in that regard albeit its anthem effect is more limited.

It can be okay in EDH, but I don't see it doing a whole lot. EDH has higher life totals, and leaving yourself untapped is a good way to get fucked. As I've said before, EDH only takes jank that has potential to be good, but can't realize it in other formats. Some jank cards just don't have any.

Horus was the Egyptian god of Revange as well.

WHO /GIDEON/ HERE

WHY IS GIDEON THE MOST BASED MEMBER OF THE SUPERFRIENDS

>HANDSOME
>DEVOUT
>STRONG SENSE OF JUSTICE
>ALPHA AS FUCK
>COMPLETELY RIPPED
>USES ONE OF THE MOST HARD TO WIELD WEAPONS KNOWN TO MAN
>INVINCIBLE
>SINGLEHANDEDLY SLAUGHTERED HUNDREDS OF WAVES OF ELDRAZI ASSAULTING THE GATEWATCH WHEN THEY WERE PREOCCUPIED WITH STRIKING DOWN THE TITAN'S PHYSICAL FORMS

This is seriously fucking good. With the amount of dudes attacking/crewing/exerting you're going to see lot of life being sapped constantly. Hell even the current zombies decks putting prized amalgams and other dudes into play tapped are going to be able to get value out of it with the right trigger order.

I hope all the Jacetice league fall down a well and die, the bad ones are worse than they've ever been, the good ones have all been changed beyond recognition.

7/7 worth of p/t over 3 bodies for 5 mana wont be played?

>each opponent loses life equal to the number of TAPPED creatures you control

HOOOOLEEY SHIT!

I'm gonna be rich!

Or you could just call cats on a metallic mimics and curve way faster.

Who says you should get a new pet just because your old one died?

>tail gets longer

WHY NOT BOTH?

>The second set is called Hour of Devastation
Everything makes sense now

>keikaku.png

Oketra's monument reduced regal caracal's CMC to 4.

Now you're getting 8 power across 4 bodies, on 4 mana is absolutely insane value.

Hell flicker caracal with felidar guardian for 3 and now you have 14 power across 8 bodies.

>cat combo now doesn't even need to care about Thalia or Authority of the consuls
>Curves perfectly with cat combo

N-No please.

I guess being weak to removal sucks and that's why Angel of Invention only saw some very fringe play, but only buffing a terrible creature type and having no evasion is probably as bad if not worst

Now if they were to release a bunch of good cats then we'll be talking

Yup, I'm willing to bet on it
Right now the only way I see this being played is in some tier 3 garbage with this and Metallic Mimic

It's roughly the same length, it's just in a different shape.

The female members are all written like shit and Jace and Gideon suffer for it. Jace is okay because he's basically just a big nerd that spills his spaghetti everywhere constantly and Gideon can actually show some good moments like with what happened in the desert. The other three are much more flimsy in comparison. Especially Chandra, good lord she sucks.

Because you probably want to call solider if you're playing mimics since you're in white and gideon ally is still a thing.

There's sizeably fair amount of cheap cats and the Prowling Serpopard in green is a Cat Snake. But we do need to see the rest of the set to see a good curved weenie-midrange brew.

Not if i'm playing with cats I don't.

But user, you can't have a character that's defined by their impulsiveness, spontaneity, passion and love of freedom without them acting like a millennial teenager with ADHD. Everyone knows that.

Last time Captain of the Watch is in standard it's not. Granted, cmc 5 is way more playable than 6.

>Jace is okay because he's basically just a big nerd that spills his spaghetti everywhere constantly
When he was in his own "thought tower" so to speak during Emrakul's rampage, I thought he was pretty funny. He's a cool detective-esqe character that gets dragged down by the rest of his Scooby Doo gang a lot of the time. Jace reminds me of like a visual novel main character but I like that.

If only it have embalm.
Yes, i only want to see another wrapped up cat.

you guys are forgetting that Oketra's monument exists

Maybe there will be spells that give your dudes Embalm

Don't forget
>even more boring and Suetastic than Elspeth the Generic Paladin Archetype

Literally how can you like these nuwalkers.

Jace should be a supporting character. He's way too passive for a lead and frankly he suffers for it. I absolutely don't want any of the other baywatch to become the lead though so maybe we need some new fucking walkers.

Doubt it, seeing that all embalmed creature have their own tokens.
Also, even if they do, i won't see my wrapped up cat.

same here, since the jacetice league appearance Magic lore is turned into a gigantic capeshit-tier "muh hero will save the planes"....fucking unsufferable

Nah, I think the thing is a limited only card. Would've considered it if it created a Cat Warrior token instead of just Warrior.

>The female members are all written like shit and Jace and Gideon suffer for it.
>implying Jace and Gideon aren't also written like shit

I'd rather we ditch walkers and have them be supporting characters in general. They should focus more on the planes and the characters on them.

'sup Desolator

I'm still pissed about how unbalanced the monuments are
White and Green get playable cards as usual
Red and Black get decent draft chaff
Blue gets absolute garbage with an effect that wasn't even playable on a land

They're incredibly average, actually. Jace is only insufferable in card flavor text. He spends most of the time being a bumbling sack of nerves. Gideon has his moments and is at the very least inoffensive unlike the other three. Do I want more of them? No, but I'd be okay with them being occasionally reoccurring supporting characters.

user Jace and Gideon aren't written any better. Jace lost any potential he had years ago, he was never a great character but early on he had a bit of moral grey edge that played with the amoral nature of Blue and yadda yadda, and he has has exactly ZERO development since that initial introduction. All he's gotten is some magic mushrooms to jack up his sooper speshul unique X-Men power. That doesn't pass for development.

Yes I agree absolutely. They can stay the oathwatch or whatever, but the story should play from the perspective of the residents of the plane and tie into whatever plot the oath are trying to thwart. Rosewater to keep his power rangers and we don't have to suffer Chandra's retardation more than in passing.

>Liliana leads the way, and the rest join her, and soon we're all standing inside, looking out at the blur of sand and dust creating a constant sound like a thousand mothers shushing their children at some kind of weird place where there'd be a thousand mothers and their children gathered, only the thousand mothers is just tens of thousands of grains of sand washing over our little dome in this crazy storm.

I seriously never want to read a Chandra perspective again.

Anything is better than ALLCAPSALLTHETIME Chandra whose character is a worse Jaya, Liliana "I'm such a cool, evil bitch" Vess, and Nissa the overly sensitive nature nazi.

>4x Toolcraft exemplar
>4x Thraben Inspector
>4x scrapheap scrounger
>4x Walking Ballista
>1x Felidar Guardian
>3x Regal Caracal
>2x Archangel Avacyn

>2x Oketra's Monument
>4x fatal push
>4x unlicensed disintegration

>4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

Mardu cats might be a thing.

>Mardu cats
>Has 4 cats

At that point, you might as well just call the deck by its archetype.

KITTY

I may consider it for my silly pinger EDH because it's really a silly deck.

What they expect:
>Hour of Revelation
>Hour of Glory
>Hour of Promise
>Hour of Eternity
What they got:
>Hour of Devastation

Honestly there's no room for the cats in the way mardu aggro is structured.

Although Mardu midrange might be possible thanks to Oketra's Monument allowing you to cast Avacyn, cataclysmic gearhulk and regal caracal at 4 mana with felidar guardian at 3 mana allowing you to do flicker shenanigans.

But the problem is midrange can't deal with copycat and ballista is literally the only card keeping copycat in check, so either build a slower shittier deck with ballista stapled on or take a established and strong shell and try to fit the cats in it.

Krenko

Yo this is a legit card

Secret sidedeck tech against affinity

Proof that Veeky Forums is bad at magic.

I just want Nahiri and Garruk to show up and kill them all.

I want Planeswalker to be removed from the game and the Lore.

That's a solid uncommon. I can't vouch for Modern but I know ETB creatures like Reclamation Sage and Acidic Slime see lots of play

Same. They're one of the most annoying card types to deal with unless your deck is running lots of efficient creatures, which seems to be what Wizards is pushing

It's a better Reclamation Sage in everything but Elfball. Pretty nice.

Reclamation Sage destroy Enchantment too.

It only target artefacts though, so more specialized.