GURPSGEN GURPS General

Old Thread
GURPSGEN:

>The Generic Universal RolePlaying System, or GURPS, is a tabletop role-playing game system designed to allow for play in any game setting. It was created by Steve Jackson Games and first published in 1986 at a time when most such systems were story- or genre-specific.

Crazy Settings Edition.

What madhouse settings have you played, GURPSGEN?

Other urls found in this thread:

masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Biotics
masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Charge
youtube.com/watch?v=gUgSOfLqaYQ
mega.nz/#F!yxFxlD4I!CGTYsnTE_8XAmcJxdMehAQ!bwMz3JIL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I got so many ideas, but I got no stamina (ADHD and shitty schedule--I usually work weekends)

I was thinking about running a forum game/Quest, but again, ADHD. And GURPS is...not suited for it, unless you guys have some tips.

I also have issue with making templates and lenses, I'm just like, wat when confronting it for some reason

It can be hard if you have trouble focusing. There's a lot of material to use and work with and running a game can be a real challenge.

My only suggestion would be to break the story/game you want to do into small, bite sized bits you can prepare a little at a time.

Templates and Lenes can be easiest when you get into GURPS Character Sheet and apply them to a sheet with a few clicks.

I've been thinking about running a Banestorm mixed with Reign of Steel campaign. Basically, the Brisbane Zonemind discovers parachronic technology but, through a glitch, get's transported to the dimensional sargasso that is Yrth. Basically, robots vs magic. An added twist might be that the mage conspiracy that is clearly running Yrth has to recruit an army of underground engineers so they can understand the zonemind's technology enough to destroy it. Of course, a few of the underground engineers might run off with a fusion generator and robofac. There's also the probable involvement of several outside factions, including the Djinn, Dragons, and Infinity. And maybe the Elves decide enough is enough and reuse their ancient magics in order to flee to a better world.

Samurai Cowboy. It's a spaghetti western rewound to Kurosawa but only halfway.

During my long nogaemz period, I also did a bunch of weird IRON GURPS settings, and a few turned out well.
Oberon-12 was the result of Old West, Camelot, and Faerie; the vikings successfully settled America centuries early, prompting a mass transplant of feudal Europe civilization, and 100 years later, chivalric knights on horseback with a six-shooter would wander the plains righting wrongs and dealing with the Fair Folk.
Vampire MechAdemy had its obvious components. It was by far the weebiest thing I had ever done or ever will do. It was a training academy... for vampires... to pilot mechs. I think Cthulhu was in there too as the main antagonist? It's only salvation was as a tongue-in-cheek black humor setting

Nice. Banestorm Of Steel sounds like a sort of wild game that nearly hits Rifts level of crazy.

Oberon-12 sounds like something I'd play. Hard to make it work in anything bur GURPS.

What kind of Fair Folk were you going for? Green Knights challenging people at crossroads?

One of my players wants the ability to see weaknesses in anything manufactured: weapons, armour, robots etc. What would be the best way to stat this?

What's the mechanical effect of seeing weaknesses? How do they do it?

Just make it a wildcard skill. tbqh, familia. So.

>Hey I wanna roll to know the structural Weakness of the Twin Towers.

>Cool. Roll Wildcard Allah Akbar....A critical success, eh? It's planes.

Through a mechanical visor, the effects would vary based on my judgement as a gm, but generally it would point out a weak point he could target for extra damage.

How would this work? A magic spell or some kind of dignoistic scanner?

In any case, isn't a bad idea. Spotting the thinnest armor on a tank is over the engine deck or that the idlers are fragile and can disable the tracks if damaged.

Note that knowing a weakness and being able to use it to do anything are two different things. Magically being told the man about to beat you to death in an alleyway is afraid of heights and dyslexic isn't very useful.

Yeah, just have them buy a Weak Points! wildcard skill like said. Power-Ups Wildcards covers them in detail.

I'd just tell him where the lowest DR on the target is and where the best damage-multiplier is for his weapon/scanner.

So a target in heavy armor would have unarmored areas and low DR areas highlighted.

No bonus damage. He gets that if he can hit it.

IIRC there's a perk or a powerup that does this for DF Artificers. I think it gives you an armor divisor against inanimate unattended objects on a successful IQ or relevant skill roll.

Would you add non-personal reaction roll modifiers when Influencing? Like usings Streetwise to influence requests for aid, would you add the modifiers for cost and danger to the effective skill?

Influence rules for modifiers on B359 state only apply personal modifiers. Although Social Engineering rules on Influence don't make this distinction.

Could you elaborate? What non-personal reaction roll modifier do you think would apply to whatever influence roll you're making?

Requests for aid give you a -1 for costing the NPCs and a -1 if the request is dangerous to the total reaction roll.

Would those same modifiers apply to the influence skill?

I have a question about templates and disadvantages.

Do the disadvantages inside a template count towards the campaign disadvantage limit?

Suppose I'm playing a 150/-50 game. For my character I pick the racial template Felinoid (B261), which costs 35 points and has ST-1 [-10], Impulsiveness [-10] and Sleepy [-8]. After picking that template do I still have -50 points to for disadvantages or do I only have -22 points left to play with?

Hey Gurpsgen, got a question about guns and ammo from High Tech. Which of the ammunition variants for small arms do you recommend on a cost/benefit basis? APFSDS +P seems like a no-brainer unless you're buying ammo yourself.

>Do the disadvantages inside a template count towards the campaign disadvantage limit?
No.

>>Do the disadvantages inside a template count towards the campaign disadvantage limit?
For racial template - no. You buy whole package as single trait, essentially. For some reason it was only explained in GM section, B452.
Whatever is necessary for specific mission. If you only care about damage output - whatever you can afford.

Alright, thanks.

Ah, I was hoping for a kind of general purpose recommendation. Our group is explorers and we never know what we're running into. Guess it'll be APDS slugs and shotshells.

>Guess it'll be APDS slugs and shotshells.
That's good. buying some speciality shots is a good idea, such as some APFSDSDU in case you need to shoot through something. It also has ridic damage.

>ADHD
I have ADHD and this is my favorite system to GM

Elaborate? Seriously curious. Is because there's so much stuff that it keeps your attention? Is it the detail, or the modularity? What is it?

You can't really small-arms APFSDS unless your GM allows you to have theoretical experimental rounds. Even SLAP rounds only come in 7.62mm and are APDS by GURPS rules.

If you can do theoretical experimental rounds, APFSDSDU .50 BMG in a M82A1 are likely the best option. If you can't do theoretical rounds then APFSDS .50 with +p and Incendiary options are just fine too.

For a dark horse, there's 10 gauge +p APHC incendiary slugs. They are LC 2 rather then 1 and deal 8d(2) pi+, so they should go right though any body armor a human can wear at TL 8, you can buy them at TL 6 and use them to hunt armored cars.

It is actually mentioned on page 11, in the Disadvantage limit section in the Characters book as well, at the end of the section.

Shot is great for a lot of situation. The ROF bonus is always useful, letting you aim around armor

All I can think when looking at her outfit are the horrible scalds caused by that suit, along with abrasions

Same, i gotta use medicine to help plan normally but that would apply to any system.

It is fine that our cyberpunk game is
>get contract, bash door to crack-niggers warehouse, short shoot-out, loot crack, blings and chips, sell all this on black market.
or
>get contact, find entrance, breaking in, mess with guard robots, puzzle some hacking, download precious local file, run away to sell it on blackmarket.
??
Yeah, everything is awesome and cool, everyone have lots of fun, but i feel its like its freakin fantasy with robots, cyberware, guns and no magic and elves...

Are you a player or GM?

Because you could be doing more than a series of heists, I'm not familiar with other cyberpunk rpgs but shadowrun has lots of different adventures that aren't you're typical cyber-heist

I feel that getting contract is unnecessary step here.
>no magic and elves
Should have use shadowrun for inspiration.

Anyway, over-the-top futuristic action isn't wrong way to have fun. I wouldn't call it cyberpunk, though.

Anyone know of a Mass Effect conversion for GURPS? Everything I've found on google is just dead links or blog posts talking about making one.

Anybody know the answer to this question?

Im player.

>shadowrun
Just no. I just don't like what ideas it about.

I dont wanna there elves and magic, as same as i dont wanna play ye olde fantasy with looting dungeons and robbing bandit hideouts, but in just with high-tech decorations.
Maybe i said not clearly there, but our GM run this cyberpunk game just as if it was pure fantasy.

Can a heavy weapons squad in GURPS mass combat neutralize anything? It doesn't list a class it neutralizes.

I'm not saying you should/are playing Shadowrun but that does have pre-written adventures and a lot of the older books also have tons of hooks that involve shadowrunners doing stuff besides the standard cyber heist and they don't all involve magic to boot! I just bring this up because if Shadowrun can handle non-shadowrun adventures then your GM should be able to handle it too.

Just talk with your GM and ask if s/he can switch things up .

Every kind of fairy, really. With European culture can European entities, though they stick to the outskirts of the Grand Cities on the east coast. The frontier is home to beings from Native American and early American folklore. Trickster ravens and wendigos and hidebehinds and all. Some are peaceful and can be talked to, some can be talked to but shouldn't, and some are bestial magic monsters.

Nope. It's a Fire-class element that only gives support strength. However, you can totally justify paying extra to turn a HSW Team in an Anti-Armor element; fluff it as giving them AP ammo or RPGs.

I thought the point of parenthetical TS is that it neutralizes certain classes? So AFAIK it does nothing then, except give you 10% of its listed TS when calculating

No, that's the point of parenthetical classes. Cv is Cavalry while (Cv) is Anti-Cavalry. Having parenthesis around Troop Strength means the element only factors into special class superiority, not to overall TS when determining ratio.

For example, lets have a battery of Riflemen (total TS 160 with Fire and Recon classes) supported by ton of artillery (1200 parenthetical TS with Artillery class) vs an entire mob of Riflemen (Total TS of 300 with Fire and Recon classes). Obviously, the latter has Fire and Recon superiority and the former Artillery superiority. However, because the artillery units have parenthetical TS -- i.e. it's written as (1200) rather than 1200 -- it does not factor into overall TS, meaning the mob *also* has the advantage in overall troop strength!

Basically, parenthetical TS can be really useful, but it can't win the battle or carry the rest of the army. In the above example, the artillery can shell the shit out of the other side, but through strategic use of cover and movement and exploiting numerical superiority, they are likely able to overcome the small number of enemy riflemen directly on the battlefield and storm the unprotected artillery.

Alright well how would you handle biotic and tech powers?

Powers with Psi and Superscience power modifiers, respectively.

Bump for interest

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but parrying bullets is completely useless even in most cinematic campaigns? I can understand the point of Parry Missile Weapons skill, as it should be cheaper to raise than Dodge (especially if Enhanced Dodge is out of limits), but -5 penalty for parrying bullets makes it lose to the Dodge no matter what.

Let me do the math. +1 to Dodge costs 15 point if it's Enhanced Dodge, +20 points if you raise Basic Speed directly, or around 40-80 points if you raise your HT and DX (but it also gives you many other benefits). Initial investment for bullet parrying is 36 points for ETS (combat-only version from MA), 4 points to get the skill to the Attribute+0 and another 40 points to buy out the -5 penalty, 80 points total, and then raising Parry by 1 will cost you 8 points. So yeah, the only benefit I'm seeing right now is lack of encumbrance penalty.

Parry Missile Weapon as a separate skill is retarded anyway. I prefer scrapping it all and just going with either "unpenalized parry" if it's an over-the-top cinematic game and I want swordsmen to be 100% viable or using Douglas Cole's Pyramid article "Dodge This" from the Gunplay issue if I just want it to be "a thing."

Wait... are you honestly surprised that one of the most cinematic skills, that only works in highly cinematic games with REALLY high point characters is useless sink of points?

We're all Autists here, user
Even gurpsgen

It might be time for Veeky Forums to get shit done.

Now, I don't play Mass Effect (fuck yeah homelessness round 1, FITE) But I can help take a swing at the mechanics.

Do we want the Biotics as individual Advantages (Maybe Alternate Abilities/Sorcery?), one Power with a bunch of skills, or one Advantage using on of my favorite enhancements: Selectivity(B108)?

In the final case I have a strong instinct to tie it to techniques/skills so the players can't Aura something that isn't meant to be aura--basically, a stand in for the physical mnemonics, possibly also pulling double duty as your skill in the skill?

Yes, I am honestly surprised. Most cinematic stuff in GURPS offers actual advantage, should you allow it in your campaign. This one, on other hand, is plain useless. I should probably find an alternative way to stat it, through Powers or something.

I think he's pointing out that in a highly cinematic high-budget game, it's STILL a useless point crock compared to upping Dodge; if you can afford the 80+ points just to do a half-assed job of knocking away ranged attacks with your sword, you can afford Enhanced Dodge 4 (likely on top of already impressive DX, HT, and Basic Speed) and dodge every type of attack 95% of the time.

Once you can afford to invest in ETS and Parry Missile Weapon, you can afford to invest in better things to ensure bullets don't find their mark.

Give "Dodge This" a look. Like most of Cole's work, it's a bit jumbled together and needs better formatting, but the ideas inside it are good for both detailed, realistic and fast-paced, cinematic play.

Here's the wiki page describing Biotics and the Powers along with it

masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Biotics

I wouldn't go too deep into various implants or the ME3 multiplayer powers for now

The powers seem to be just different uses and manipulations of Mass Effect Field energy rather than actual different spells

Yeah, that looks like a bunch of separate Abilities within a single Power. In ME1 I'm seeing DR (Forcefield)*, Telekinesis, Crushing Attack (Area of Effect; No Wounding; Double Knockback, Reversed), Affliction (Time Stop), Telekinesis (again), and Innate Attack.
*Can be argued as a third example of Telekinesis if power parries from GURPS: Powers are allowed.

I'd keep it as DR Forcefield,

Biotic Charge (only available to Vangurads) seems a bit tricky but I'm still new to GURPS

masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Charge

youtube.com/watch?v=gUgSOfLqaYQ

I'm giving it a poke, going though in order to see if I can pound a few out and let the fans sort it out.

Barrier is up first. I need some sort of scale for it though. HOW MUCH does it defend? What does 400 points translate into?

Hmm, the mass effect universe's tech level TL11 with safetech. Much of this is possible because the council species have piggybacked off of previous species who piggybacked off of previous species, etc. Spoilers but this fits with the design and intent of the Reapers; they don't want species going off the rails and inventing radical nanotech so they provide cheap and easy safetech.

The species seem roughly all the same intelligence. I wouldn't give any one species more than +2 IQ over humans. A few such as the salarians might qualify for enhanced time sense. And of course, since some species such as the Asari and Krogan live for hundreds of years, their skills levels could be very high. For example, guns (rifle) - 18 might make you one of the best human shooters but for an asari it's merely good.

Going back to technology, I'd make the mass drivers of the setting TL11 electromagnetic guns. I'd also make force screens barrier and not conformal. I can't remember where but I think force screens in mass effect only cover parts of the body, i.e. the upper body and face.

Agree, biotics are straight powers. They're basically bioware shoehorning in the old psionics powers trope into a harder, more modern space opera.

For disadvantages, I'd limit them to 50 or less for humans. While Mass Effect hasn't gone full transhuman space in the quality of it's psychology therapy and genefixing, it's still there in the background. I think's mentioned in the fluff that alliance soldiers receive some minor gene therapy. Plus, the alliance uses artificial AIs for augmented learning. Thus, I feel that people in the setting are generally better off and thus everyone (except for those from let's say the slums of earth) should have a lower disadvantage limit.

Looks like a technique that requires, mm, a bit of levitation and some other stuff.

I don't do Psi much.

>a bunch of separate Abilities within a single Power

Medium levels of Tk
Selectivity +5% (Predetermined states only)
And Techniques/skills for actually using them?

Like I said, a good number boil down to TK, but some are way different. I guess you could train up a defaulted ability as a technique, though.

Man it's been a long time since I played Mass Effect but barrier pretty added something like a quarter/half extra to your shields

Max level it was effectively another life bar for your character

>reads

Will some faggot explain to me the difference between BS Telekinesis and PP Telekineetic Control, and how they came to be? Having trouble groking over here, BC all I'm seeing is TK on a different scale (what one level means and what 1 level costs) and I'm not sure why it exists?

I'd say it would start at DR 3-4 then for a combat certified individual. Capped at HP.

That's mostly lycra rather then latex, so it's slick and elastic rather then inflexible. Even then, oiled latex isn't too bad, though it requires absurd amounts of care and baby powder.

Not a bad challenge, a Mass Effect conversion could be fun.

Technically Mass Effect barriers don't cover the body at all. They detect incoming threats and generate a gradient of intense gravitational force that deflects projectiles, disrupts hostile mass effect fields (protecting from biotic attacks, mostly) and adjust the user's mass to protect them from kinetic impacts, keeping them from being thrown aside by, say, a concussion grenade.

They cover the whole body, but rapidly overheat and charge the tiny mass effect cores they use. Even powerful personal shields can't last long under sustained fire.

Note that they can't do anything about directed energy. They only work on projectiles.. it's just that ME hits lasers with the realism stick, relegating them to defensive weapons. Lasers also don't take advantage of the local space magic.

I'd say the general ME TL is more 10 with 12^ things left by the Reapers to guide development and evolution, like the Mass Relays and Citadel.

Nanotechnology is around, but in this universe the limitations of thermal dispersion, energy management, ect mean that it only functions in heavily controlled conditions. Omni-Gel is nano-tech that can be turned into almost any light, simple tool in an irreversible operation. It can also infiltrate and override many locks and control systems. It can even, when programmed and controlled by someone nearby and working in controlled conditions, break down unneeded items and equipment into useful raw materials.

This is where your thermal clips come from, by the way. Dead robots and broken weapons and other trash on the ground can be savaged for lithium and turned into disposable heat sinks.

Biotic barriers, paired with a amp, can stop assault rifle fire at point blank range.. once, before they need to recharge. 40 DR (ablative, Force Field, Hardened (1))

Does anyone have GURPS Old West?

TK-Control is meant to represent everything a telekinetic can do and do so in a straightforward fashion. Raw TK can lift and manipulate, but it can also strike, and it's rules for ranged attacks and crushing targets directly with TK are a bit too different from what many may expect. In short, raw TK is not suitable for a psionic powers game.

Because of all this, they merged the four Psychokinesis abilities into one alternate ability array. Now you buy up grabbing and manipulating, crushing, shooting, and flying all at once.

I *think* the pricing at 8/level is an attempt to simplify the cost of improving a bunch of AAs all at once, or possible to fix that the AA array gains a new ability (Levitation) at a higher level.

I'd honestly just use raw TK myself, though.

Question, could someone at max health survive that in ME? Because of what says the scale is...

If yes, then I might have two skills then, in Psi Power there's a shield skill that's passive--so do a split, you can increase your personal passive shield (HP sink of annoyance), and your active barrier shield.

>Note that they can't do anything about directed energy. They only work on projectiles

Just like the one in PsiPower then, good, no tinkering needed on that angle.

Heat up and recovery would just be cooldown and stuff, no big.

Thanks, Yeah, TK and welding on techniques and skills would be my go to, but for ME conversion I'd probably use TK-Control and other associated skills because it's all bundled together and play test balanced already.

...This is probably why there's no MassEffect conversion, it's basically already all there just needing a few tweaks and fluff.

Sure. Personal shields can stop a burst from a rifle. You might take the last round on the hardsuit

The Barrier power can be pretty powerful in ME but it should probably be toned down for gurps in regard to how much damage it can sustain

Guys plz I can't find it in your massive MEGA.

My cycle with gurps always go like this:

>get hyped at gurps
>read basic set with enthusiasm
>get overwhelmed by the possibilities
>fallback to d&d
>forget gurps rules
>repeat

Try using Dungeon Fantasy for a bit get used to the system then branch out

want to try low-fantasy age of sail in gurps, is dungeon fantasy good for that?

>Wake up
>My friends are still too brainlet to understard fucking GURPS
>Try to lure them with DF and a simple one shot, I'll even help them make characters
>G-gurps combat takes too long!!!
>Have only played once
Why does this always happen to me?
I think I'll turn insane if I have to play another game where combat is roll one dice over and over and over with no decision making or tactics involved.

Nah DF makes high powered dungeon delvers, maybe just use regular Gurps Fantasy Instead

Well ADHD isn't about "keeping attention" because you can't do that half the time. If you mean "listening" then I can do that just fine. It's more about getting distracted mentally/having your mind wander, which is only a big issue when you're reading the book/studying the rules/planning stuff, but other systems have fucked me over harder than this one in that regard. In any system to me, the big "Uh oh" moment is when multiple players start heavily deliberating on their course of action, regardless of whether I'm a player or not.

I should point out that "having ADHD" isn't why it's my favorite to run, I just like running it the most despite its flaws (but why preach to the choir here).

Ehhhhh. DF is meant for AD&D-style dungeon crawls. It can work for other styles of fantasy, but the further you diverge from "find monsters, kill monsters, sell the spoils, repeat," the more work you have to do to fill in the gaps.

PCs tend to be pretty dang powerful, and the rules support that (for the most part; feel like a god mowing down goblins, but still get smeared if you just try and big dick the lich), so you may struggle with the low-fantasy aspect depending what does and does not fall under low fantasy -- Knights can't cleave a boulder in half, but they can take on a bunch of foes at once and expect to come out alive if they fight smart. To scale back magic, I recommend ditching the basic casting classes except the Bard, adding in Sages from DF: Sages, one or two casters from DF: Summoners (esp. one that can heal), and the Incanter from DF: Incantation Magic.

If Age of Sale has blackpowder weapons, check out Pyramid #3/36 for two different takes on gunpowder: the dwarven Demolisher, focused on explosives and similar weapons, and the Musketeer, a consummate fighter that supplements his blade with pistol, rifle, and musket.

>game where combat is roll one dice over and over and over with no decision making or tactics involved
This is why combat is taking too long. Your players aren't thinking about things like they would irl

In D&D thinkibg tactically is punished, because anything that's not dealing damage is a waste of time. In GURPS you can cripple people, knock them out, etc.

My favorite way to introduce GURPS combat is to have everyone make their characters, and have them fight an ox. Last time I did this they all bumrushed the ox and all 4 characters were dead in 5 turns.

Figure something out for your group, show them that tactics are actually useful in GURPS

Ox as in pic related?

>Implying lycra can't give you absolutely horrible scalds

Yes, DF characters are as powerful as 250 pt characters can be by design. The knight can cut mooks in half and the barbarian can often cut monsters in half. The wizard is powerful, especially against groups of enemies, but are much more limited than a default GURPS mage (several spell casting colleges are no longer available). The cleric are similar but are even more limited in what they cast. The upside is that he has holy powers. Both can use power items but unlike default GURPS Magic, the power items have to recharged at a temple/mages guild. The scout is basically a ranged knight with increased wilderness skills. He can massacre weak mooks easily from afar, especially with a cornucopia quiver. The swashbuckler is similar in that he can kill most weak mooks easily in melee. Both however, suffer against high dr enemies (and enemies with Injury Tolerance). The druid is a basically a nature themed cleric while the holy warrior is a cleric crossed with a knight. The thief is often underestimated but can be VERY deadly if he has a insanely high sneak skill. He can basically stealth in the middle of a fight and deliver targeted attacks to the vitals of enemies (even better if he picks of Striking ST). Like the swash buckler and scout, he suffers against enemies with high dr and injury tolerance. Lastly, the martial artist, the thief, is usually underestimated because he is harder to play. However, he can be a beast if you focus on his Chi abilities.

You'll notice I haven't mentioned the bard. That's because he's meh. Good if your DF campaign includes lots of social problems, but he's really a jack of all trades master of none. Which can be good if you're in a big party and you don't really need another caster or warrior and you already have a thief and wilderness expert.

Not bad. Little "nothing" encounters are definitely a good way of introducing a new system.

SA: Agreed

I love GURPS, and getting pulled into making a character is great, but I have problems with making campaigns is like..."Shit what was I doing again? Where the fuck am I?" That sort of thing.

Also if things get too...big, I can't stay on task.

Man I need to get medicated again, but it's hard. My family used to steal my pills, and in fact made me get the stuff that people liked (vs what worked best for me) so they could steal them for...better effect.

(They made me get adderall, which isn't bad for me, but Focalin, the extended release kind, that's the shit. My god I was doing homework in one night, taking MOOCs, it was heaven while I had it.)

Yeah, I kind of zone out, that's the wrong term, but when too many people are talking and it doesn't concern me? Butterfly brain. GMing IS easier, but building the damn settings (big pieces, or many medium ones) increases the chance of my brain fluttering off.

>Sure. Personal shields can stop a burst from a rifle. You might take the last round on the hardsuit

Do you buy new Hardsuits in ME to increase HP, or is it upgrade screen after you level up?

Can't win either way, either you are making shit too OP, or you're not matching the game close enough.

I find with conversions it's best to match the lore and not the gameplay.

No one is answering you because they think you're a goddamn fucking idiot. But I'm a millenial so I'll spoonfeed your dumb, tech and logic unsavvy, ass.

Older GURPS Books > Myth and History. There's three fucking copies.

Well you're pleasant, thanks?

I mean that's not a search function on MEGA is there? It doesn't feel like a very easy thing to find. I was chasing a reference in 4th Edition High-Tech Adventure Guns, I didn't even consider that it would be referring to something not in the same edition till I went though the 4th listing till I felt stupid.

But not really thinks, good to know GURPS general is such a nice place.

Basically the difficulty of playing each class well:

Beginners=Knight, Barbarian, Swashbuckler, Scout.
Experienced Players=Wizard, Cleric, Druid.
Veteran Players=Thief, Martial Artist, Holy Warrior.
Oh Shit Are You SURE=Bard.

What you want covered by the Party:

Melee Fighter=Knight, Barbarian, Swashbuckler, Martial Artist, Holy Warrior.
Ranged Fighter=Scout, Wizard.
Area of Effect Guy=Wizard, Cleric, Druid.
Healer=Cleric.
Dungeon Skills=Thief, Wizard (with spells).
Wilderness Skills=Barbarian, Scout, Druid.
Social Skills=Bard, Thief, Swashbuckler.
Lore Skills=Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Holy Warrior.
Unarmed Skills=Martial Artist, Barbarian.

It'll be hard for a party to have all those bases covered so don't be afraid to get hirelings or henchmen.

Yup. Four 150 point characters against one of those puppies are going down.

Incidentally that's another reason I hate D&D. Regular animals are basically fodder that go down with no trouble from 2nd level onward

mega.nz/#F!yxFxlD4I!CGTYsnTE_8XAmcJxdMehAQ!bwMz3JIL

Please, no drama.

I do something similar when teaching people about efficient point budget. I wait till they make their characters, I see what they've picked, I read their backstories and then make for half the budget a character completely outperforming what they've provided. People in general can't handle points and the more they have, the worse characters they make and then can't even use all those gorillion skills and advantages they've picked.

And not exactly GURPS example, but I was teaching my players combat for Witcher TTRPG this way - their characters, after roughtly doubling their starting skills vs n+2 group of wolves, where n is party size. Despite sounding scary, wolves in the game are pretty weak, dealing quite small damage and being pretty much one of the weakiest things you can throw at players. But they are great at explaining swarming, pinning down and going for vitals/crippling, as that's literally all they can do.
Plus it's absurdly humiliating when a small pack of wolves completely destroys a party composed of grizzled veterans.

Your basic HP is static in ME 2+, but there are abilities that increase it. Your hardsuit gives you bonuses, but there's a baseline level of protection built into the game.

IE: A hardsuit might give you +20% Health and Shields, but your basic health and shield numbers on your sheet assume you are wearing a hardsuit because you are in every combat situation in the game.

Buying levels in the Fitness skill might give you +15% to HP, ect.

ME 1 had a different, more complicated system.

I'd say GURPS wise that your hardsuit does not provide ablative DR, but instead makes being shot with a mass accelerator rifle survivable. DR 30-50 vs pi damage, maybe with Hardened (1) to reflect being designed to stop hypervelocity micro-projectiles.

I'm worldbuilding for a Fallout game set in Arizona. What would Pheonix be like if, say, the NCR beat back the Legion in the area and took up residence in the area?

Naw, it's just me that's salty, coe on now, this is Veeky Forums, and you know, assuming you googled it.

For future reference, all...thematic doesn't fit, but focuses setting splats, especially are 90% of the time

>I mean that's not a search function on MEGA is there

Only Ctrl+F and going folder by folder.

For what it's worth, I am sorry I bit your head off, been doing that a hell of a lot recently

It's the edge of forever, I'd imagine. A city of sand and dust. Not a target when the bombs fell but with the infrastructure that fed it and brought it water gone it's barely survivable, with water a precious and rare resource collected by wind traps and brought in by caravan.

The NCR advance is stopped while they wait for the train to catch up to them. They've got a railhead somewhere back in the La Paz valley but after that it's a long, hard braman caravan trip to bring supplies in, and they've got fuck all heavy artillery because of it.

I imagine most locals don't trust the NCR much. Some might blame them for the loss of 'order' when the legion breaks into warring factions and it's unsustainable conquest economy fails utterly after the loss in Nevada. Ex-slaves that hated the legion might form most of the people living near the NCR base in Phoenix.

Yeah I was imagining that the whole of Arizona would be in three major camps: Those who hate the NCR, mainly traders who had it good with the Legion, those who subscribed to Legion philosophy, and those who lost land to the NCR onslaught; those who hate the Legion, mainly traders in good with the NCR, subsidized farmers and sharecroppers who have new land, rich tourists who want to explore Arizona alongside NCR troops, and those who like NCR thought; and those who don't give a fuck eitherway, the raiders, farmers, average townfolk who are largely unaffected by anything that has happened.

Try creating things around themes that are specific to the cyberpunk genre ( instead of just making generic fantasy adventures and slapping high technology on top ), like rogue AIs, ghosts in the machine, grey goo, cyber warfare, human-machine conflicts, eugenics, surveillance states, etc.

You can do a lot of interesting stuff, it just seems to me that your DM isn't used to working with cyberpunk or simply didn't read enough sci-fi to get properly inspired.

You can buy off the penalty for parrying bullets as a hard technique, so that costs 6 points, not 40.