Have you ever played a game where everyone is the same Class?

Have you ever played a game where everyone is the same Class?
Pointbuyfags get out. This thread isn't for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

theallguardsmenparty.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The next time my group plays a fantasy game, I have a pact with 4 out of our 5 players that on the day of the first session we're all going to bring a Paladin without informing the DM.

no but in the game i'm in now everyone is a dark elf

I once played an all-thieves game with 1e AD&D back in the day. It didn't last long, but I remember it being fun. We all picked different specialties and put our points in them.

Lemme think, it's been a long time, so the details are a bit foggy. I do remember I played a second story man, with most of my points in climbing, with a little in picking locks
I sucked at stealth, so my job was to get up onto this mansion's balcony and attach a rope for the others, and pick the lock on the door while they were climbing up.
I think we had cased it the night before? I remember we were inside ransacking the upstairs while the fat lord was off at a play or something, when a nightwatchman we weren't aware of came down a hallway and spotted one of the other guys and blew a whistle before anybody could stop him. We all ran. The other guys slid down the rope en masse while me and our bruiser tried to fend off the watchman. I got hurt pretty bad but my buddy eventually clocked the dude and he slipped down, too. I went last in case anybody started to cut the rope, since I had the best chance of getting down without it. I think there was a brief fight in the courtyard with some of the owner's house guards?
It ended with us having to book it through the streets hauling our loot in big bags marked SWAG over our shoulders, city watch in pursuit.

I don't recall us ever doing a second session, though we talked about it a few times. We were having trouble with schedules around then.

theallguardsmenparty.com/

>AD&D 1e thief
>assigning points
This maths don't add up.

Hey, you're right! I guess we were using 2e, but I could have sworn this was like '87 or so.

Don't get old, kids, it sucks.

The 2e thief skill points system may have debuted in some issue of Dragon.

I've done this twice.

The first time we somehow managed to all play bards. Almost immediately we redid our campaign into a traveling concert and musical that overcame obstacles with the power of rock and roll.

The other was when we all played Paladins. There was much crusading and Deus Vult involved. It was a "fight demon incursion" plot too.

Playing ikrpg. First session GM has us introduce ourselves.

>I'm so and so and I'm playing a stealth gunner
>I'm so and so and I'm playing a backstabbing rogue
>I'm so and so and I'm playing a sniper/alchemist
>and so on
>gets to me, GM's eye is twitching everyone is playing stealthy rogue type characters.
>I'm user, I'm playing a troll warrior.

Almost everyone ended up dropping that game because I was getting the most kills, which is what happens when you're face tanking most of the game.

The two who stayed toned it down and branched out.

I played in a BESM campaign where everyone were mech pilots. We started at level 4, some players decided to put all their levels into mech pilot, while others took one or two levels of it and put their rest into other classes.

Another time I played in a "all" rogue game, where I specifically chose to play a (stealth focused) warlock instead to round the party out a little more.

No, but I've played games where everyone had no class.

Only like 4 classes are good for that. Druid, paladin, bard, and cleric. Maaaybe psionic.

Wait, does that mean ALL of you are Paladins, or did you count yourself to the 4?

4 wizards,

we got hit by a fireball and we all died

But the ones who aren't as well rounded make for a more fun experience. Because, you can't play in quite the normal fashion and you need to improvise.

I think one of the co-players might be a little bitch.

Sort of, I ran a 4e campaign where every player was a Divine class. We had an Avenger, Cleric, Paladin, and Invoker. The Invoker blew everything up (not in a productive way) the Cleric stepped on the Paladins tank toes, the Avenger stepped on the Paladins melee toes, and the Paladin stepped on the clerics Healer toes. It was a mess.

To be fair, 4E is the kind of game where if the characters don't have a bit of overlap, you're doing it wrong.

This guy is correct, mostly. We intentionally left him out because he's kinda stupid and would probably blab. We're going to see if we can't convince him to play a paladin, entirely separately from our pact when the time comes.

So what is the plan for convincing the GM to let you reconquer Spain or retake Jerusalem (or the setting appropriate equivalent)?

Hard to say, the game is pretty far off. I'm pretty sure we can get the ball rolling on our NOT!crusade somehow, though.

the alternative to your spoiler kinda bites though...
t. 40something guy whose totally not freaking out about that missed call from the docs: guess the test results are back.
*badoom tssh*

Bullshit! You don't have Krile and Galuf at the same time!

My group decided to play through an entire campaign with a party composed of nothing but wizards. Shit was fucking cash from level 1 to level 20 with the enemies getting steamrolled while the party constantly bickered with one another about academics.

>still no martial controller
Most disappointing part of 4e desu