I Program Games

Hi TG, I'm a programmer for games and I decided to try something a little new instead of working for a company. I'm going to program a game requested by other people and make it public and free. I just need help from you guys. Post any ideas you guys have for a game you want to see me program. Keep in mind, I am shit at three dimensional games and will only do two dimensional games, but, I will do the two dimensional games, so hit me with whatever you have for an idea.

>TG

look man... if you want me to make a game for you, then I need some fucking inspiration or some shit. Just place your "Dungeon Manual" shit for whatever fantasy crap you have and I'll seriously consider making a game out of it that can be played on the computer with an engine I will make.

Hello, please post portfolio so we can know you're not a spastic my-first-RPGmaker-project 'tard.

It's really easy for people to hand me ideas; I give two fucks about proving if I have the skills or not because it isn't necessary. I'm not asking for money.

So you're saying you have no volume of past work, likely no skill or experience, and most assuredly no intention to deliver.

You, sir, can fuck off. I'll keep my ideas for somebody who won't shit on the suggestions.

How about a sandbox game that explores a classic sci-fi universe?

1) Dumarest of Terra series
2) Space Viking or Fuzzy Sapiens series by H Beam Piper
3) The Flandry series
4) The Retief Series
5) The Stainless Steel Rat series
6) The Deathworld Trilogy
7) The Solar Queen series

Just off the top of my head.

boy, you sure love space stuff.

Yep.

And even worse, classic space opera stuff.

Evangelion game where you play as Gendo managing NERV

Astro Boy

Alright, here, let's do this:

-Top-down Legend of Zelda hack/slash rpg style game.
-procedurally generated weapons, gear and armor. Endless possibilities for all combos that make you hunt for the perfectly statted gear like Borderlands, except not as ear-gratingly sarcastic.
-weapons and gear use an elemental rock-paper-scissors system using 5 Chinese elements AND differentiates between types of weapons(slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, blast, etc)
-water temple equivalent has procedurally generated optional dungeon with endless levels and bosses for gear mining, grinding, and farming.
-make it using 32bit sprites pretending to be 16-bit, and make animation wonderfully smooth.
-make it in Unity and release it on all Desktop platforms and mobile.
-use a Numenera Sci-Fantasy setting, but original.
-include fully 2d animated cutscenes.

interesting choice... I'm normally in favor of isometric but symmetric is much easier.

Procedural generated weapons are good, but, I personally think I'd allow the player to craft their own gear and based on their skill, the gear "randomly" decides between a min and max of what status the item will have, starting with a rarity check.

Endless dungeons isn't hard to do, but, basically this shit would be pretty boring quick if you see the same scenery everywhere you go. Making a good grind and farm is easy also

Unity? Jeez man. I use game maker to be honest when I make stuff. I use to have the pro edition years and years ago, but, they sold out and now they offer everything free.

2D animated cutscenes for what? Entering a boss room and the boss dying sounds like what you would use cutscenes for.

2d Smash Bros, except Not bootlegged, not shitty, for mobile, and comes with bluetooth and IP address, and server-based p2p multiplayer.

Keeping in mind that the best part of smash is that each character has different stats, essentially forming an interesting metagame to figure out.

Add a story modes and get us invested in the characters.

I looked into Numenera... It's actually pretty good and I think I'm going to design off of it. Don't expect me to plop something out in one fucking day or some shit though. I have to do these things.

1. Design the lore a bit more
2. Plan out stats, skill gaining, classes, ect.
3. Design the GUI
4. Design all the generation shit
5. Design some data structures for saving shit
6. Think very hard about how I'm going to tier between equipment, as well as status effects, and actually make all the fucking animations which takes longer than coding the game
7. Code the fucking game

I really fucking hate dealing with buffers and packets in coding because game maker really sucks and so does port forwarding. Peer to peer requires some data structures I don't have experience in.

Stainless Steel Rat is a stainless steel gem of a series.
Great heist/fantasy/scifi/adventure stuff.

Basically Han Solo before lord Voldimort killed him.

There's just so much of it!

OP, make a traveller vidya you fag.

you mean like guild wars 1 was?

Tell more with less. If you can't tell a good story with text, tell it through visuals and animation. Hyper Light Drifters comes to mind, as does Samurai Jack.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Alright bitches, listen up. I think what I'll do is make a Numenera themed game, but, hear me out. I'll make a version one and make a new version to add new shit as I go. The version one will obviously be shitty, so please, fuck off my dip stick.

Because Numenera reminds me of Numamon from digimon, I will call it Sukenera instead. It's original, do not steal.

The theme will be based off Numenera, but, the actual content won't entirely. I haven't read Numenera shit, so the stuff I come up with will be pure while following the guidelines.

From now on I will use this trip code.

well shit kid, basically when guild wars came out at first, you had to complete a map to move on to the next map and it got harder as you kept winning.

Does that sound like spaceship hobos to you? It doesn't sound like spaceship hobos to me.

hey I can add content later, please. PLEASE...

A physics and fluid momentum based game like Attack on Titan Tribute Game (not that ps4 trash). I've yet to find a system that is as simple and elegant as AOTTG.

dude PLEASE. I'm not doing 3D; not because I suck at coding in 3D, but, because I would have to make my own 3D model design engine which requires using data structures, which is something I fucking hate fucking with. I can use arrays simply enough, but, game maker makes data structures as annoying as just programming strait machine code. Also here is what I have planned so far, tell me what you guys think. (1/2)

Description

This is a community requested game. The idea of this game is that the player is essentially in a world that use to be extremely technically advanced, but, everyone died and the remaining people live off looting technology from the ruins of the old world. The player character will be able to play this game in a number of ways, as classes in the game will be very play decided and interlaced with content. Gathering resources will be very dungeon based, as killing monsters and bosses will drop the loot the player needs to craft items. As such, the player will find themselves not really farming specific materials such as iron, wood, oil, but, instead, will farm various things that are like oil and even have to process them as the player continues to the next dungeon. The time for processing to complete will be able to time it takes to complete a new floor in a dungeon and travel around. Dungeon types will thus be more flexible in this manner. The player will also have to take the time to learn new skills by reading old books at first until they unlock better ways to do these things and slowly build up to their class. (2/2)

sounds cool, whats it called?

wtf bro? didn't you read my post? It's called.... *tips fedora and sheaths katana while vaping and listening to vapor wave* Sukenera

oh and I'll make stats not have a cap, but, there is a kind of cap. The player character can die of old age, meaning you have to find a rare ass artifact "collect seven dragon balls" style in order to gain immortality.

I... guess things have already been decided, but I would have voted for a Night Shift adventure game, seeing as you came to Veeky Forums and all.

Well I'm an open minded person, so I'll give it a read. Don't think things are already decided. I literally just wrote all that shit in like thirty seconds bro.

oh jeez, looks like death run or something.

nevermind... I just checked it out. Looks zzz as fuck bro.

What about something in the same vein as Front Mission? Customizable giant robots fighting things. Make it freeform, add random events.

Numanera is really hard to get right. You should make sure to add a whole lot of things that are confusing and weird. Often dangerous, too.

Also, how long have you been making games amd like, how old are you?