Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blood and Skulls Edition.

>Previous Thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Astra-Militarum-Kill-Team-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Blood and Skulls Edition
I have a better idea: Space Sharks Edition!

>GUILLIMAN IS A HERETIC

What did Leandros mean by this?

just got back into 40k (okay not really I played a few games 13-14 years ago in middle school before getting hard into WHFB), 7th edition seems fine by me but I know 8th is coming out.

heard it's going to be a lot like 2nd and just found this rumor sheet kicking around. thoughts on 40k being a better/worse/the same game after 8th?

playing IG, I really like tanks...

That Guilliman is alpharius

Is this the thread now?

When you get no ayy gf to tap, you end like Leandros.

Leandros is right.

Purge all heretics and xenos.

Number 4 is the only verified one, rest are asspulls.

>aeldari

into the trash it goes

>Youtube keeps recommending ArchWarhammer videos
>Who the fuck is this faggot?
>Watch one
>He has a fucking dutch accent, the worst european accent
>Lore videos are full of opinion and conjecture presented as fact without even stating his sources.
>His use of English is offensively nonsensical. Many of his sentences are outright gibberish.
>Long periods of inane rambling.
> ANGRY, ANGRY ABOUT IMMIGRANTS.
How does this person have more subscribers than The Vaults of Terra? Random people just outright reading paragraphs from codexes are better than this.

Warhammer youtubers are pretty much either normie scum or autistic spazlords. Just read the codexes.

What's the best way to kit out a Carnifex brood?

Really hope the template and vehicle ones are true.

Flesh teasers codex?

Ideally you just don't kit one out at all because they're bad and take a hive crone instead or put the points towards an additional flyrant.

If you're intent on taking a carnifex give it two twin linked devourers with brain leech worms and maybe adrenal glands.

By taking nothing on it and running it straight down the middle of the table to eat bullets for your flyrants.

Its called Codex: Blood Angels.

Flesh tearers codex?

I already have five flyrants, I think the crone looks like shit so I'm not buying one. I do, however, have six carnifex models.

Gotcha. Might take Crushing Claws anyway just because I like the way they look.

>But muh special snowflake codex for every fucking offshoot chapter.

Meanwhile other armies are stuck with shittastic codexes and metal models.

I'd be real skeptical of this list.
A bunch of us here on Veeky Forums were speculating about vehicles having wounds and templates becoming XD6 hits about a week ago.
Veeky Forums gets taken as a romour source often enough.

Jesus Christ, I get that your army is entirely female, but can you be less of a bitch when you post?

>Arch Warhammer
oh look, the fuckface who gets his lore from 1d4chan and presents it as fact

I'm a guard player dickhead. It's not just Sisters, other armies are stuck with shit rules like Tyranids, Orks and Grey Knights and there are fuckloads of metal models around.

>games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Astra-Militarum-Kill-Team-1

Lol fuck that what a random assortment of models.

Metal models are the best, you should've said Finecast Look at Eldar.

It's for Shadow War: Armageddon

Have you ever had to work with metal models?They are fucking cancer, especially if you have to try and fix something. Also

>brb getting out my fucking file to remove mold lines
>Gotta get my fucking pliers to try and bend half the limbs back into place without ruining anything else

But yeah, finecast is also cancer.

The fuck guard model can you not get in plastic?

Is that list legit?

Yeah, I have completely metallic SoB, Grey Knights, Necrons, Cryx, Protectorate and Mercenaries armies and mostly metallic CSM and Tyranid armies. And warbands for Mordheim, gangs for Necromunda and teams for Blood Bowl.

Based off the latest podcast yes...1,3,4,5,6 have been said over and over but 2+7 are new.

What podcast?

Anyone else borderline addicted to chinacast? I can't help it, and its not even the big shit. It's all the little shit that's amazing. $5 for 15 combi weapons? Fuck yes! Same for sweet shoulders? Sweet! Upgrade kits that GW has been out of stock forever? Sure thing!

they're all things you can take for an IG kill team. Whats the issue?

Why is no one giving credit to the guy thats making the drawings for the regimental standart? His/her works are better than most codex art today

>Vostroyans
>Snipers
>Ratlings
>Characters
>Plasma/melta gunners
>Psykers

Yeah they are fucking great.

Buying a Reaver Titan. Goodbye money.

Some GW guy, can't remember his name, I think BoLS posted the list also, they might have his name. Sorry, it's late and I'm drifting.

Jesus Christ why? At least get it from Chinaman.

there's no doubt they're great but since GW has gotten secretive about their creators we (or rather i) don't know who drew it. though i get the feeling s/he has been doing art for GW at least a decade or so. I wanna go out on a limb and say it's the same artist who did the last Bretonnian army book

The list is literally just from a facebook page for a podcast where they ask "would you be ok with these changes". They might have interviewed someone on their podcast or something but I doubt any DW employee would let his name be released.

>any GW employee.
Goddamn autocorrect

That flamer change is fucking gay. The vehicle one could also be really hit or miss, probably a miss given their track record. Assaulting out of any vehicle might be ok, but I feel like if they nerf overwatch it would make assault armies stupidly strong since they can just bumrush you with a bunch of rhinos and dump a mob of beserkers straight into combat with almost 0 risk.

See

>even killed the mold in the basement
Why is this so funny to me?!

Technically number 6 is at least partially correct since GW has already told people that there will be the three ways to play, Casual, Narrative, and Competitive.

I have to say I think the save modifier will be a welcome change. While gibbing terminators with fuckloads of plasma is fun for a while, you do start to feel for the guy.

Same opinon different perspective, I personally thing it's abut time that Ap4 weapons become better at piercing power armour than ap-

Counter-point: scatterlasers might get buffed by this, assuming that ap6 is enough for that -1 modifier.

Might not be that much of an issue if eldar are prevented from taking a fuckload of them. On the upside, multilasers and heavy bolters would also be buffed.

>Heavy Bolter buff

Please lord, I so much want to use Heavy Bolter Heavy Weapon squads but Autocannons are too good to give up at the moment.

Going to be funny seeing all the marine players cry over their worthless armor.

They already do.

>tfw Guard and Ork players never have this problem because they have no armour anyway

Feels good man.

Sssuming it's the AoS scale of rend 1-3 we're likely to see

AP 1 Rend 3
AP 2/3 Rend 2
AP 4/5 Rend 1
AP 6/-

Makes bolters better at armour than lasguns and sluggas.

>tfw this would buff radium carbines
I want my pure skitarii lists to be competitive.

It'd also make power armour matter as even against plasma they'd get a 5+

The main issue with it is how invulnerable save would work, Termies crux terminatus would be moot aseven against melta they'd have a 5+ on their own.

Can sternguard drops fare well against riptides? If so, 5 or 10 in a pod and what combi/ammo do you use?

grav

Invuln may just prevent saves from dropping below a certain threshold. That or rend will go higher than -3.

Or maybe (unlikely) it'd be a save vs multiple wounds.

Even when you only get Salvo 2 from the drop?

I could see it as a oldschool Unmodifiable save.

So, my 1000pts IW list has proven itself as a reasonable core and I've found vindication that I'm not completely hopeless at writing lists. Now looking to expand into 1500. My real question is, what discipline should I roll for the Sorcerer? Initial thoughts were Heretech since I have a lot of armour that could benefit from the buffs, but it is a very short-range discipline. I'm leaning towards Geomortis because that might be more useful in general, and the idea of firing Rapiers without LOS and ignoring cover is HILARIOUS.

To explain some of the choices:
>Random Obliterator
He's troops for IW and thus gets ObSec; idea is to just teleport him onto an objective for shits and giggles. I have one Oblit mini sitting on my shelf so I figured fuck it I'll use him.

>Hellcult, Warpsmith on foot and Dreadnought
The tactic of hiding the Warpsmith behind the Dread actually works surprisingly well in my 1000pts list. I cover them with a Rapier and players are distracted by the field gun spitting Vindicator shells across the board. Meanwhile those two tag-team hordes with a shitload of templates, and together they can fuck up tanks with the Warpsmith's Curse and Meltagun, and the Dread's siege drill. Throwing a Hellcult in there gives another slab of metal to take fire, given that Destroyer of Cities gives the Dread AV13 I'm hoping people will opt to shoot the weaker 'brute first, even though he gets 3+ cover. The Warpsmith gets a mass of meat to hide among, and the other unit of Cultists (with autoguns) can babysit the Sorcerer.

do space marines have big penii?

I really hope that character gets reused when they get back to armageddon and its steel legion

steel legion>cadians

Leandros is a tattletale bitch and he is not my battle brother.

Well...he collaborated with xenos.

going by the SW A stats i doubt it will. -1 is AP5 stuff.

there does seem to be a general trend of starting with -1 for AP5 and and improving by 1 for each step smaller AP.
Though its not an exact conversion, both the meltagun and krak missile are -5 for example, some are probably done on a case by case to fit into the new mechanics.

Is DoW2 any good? Should I play it?

I liked DoW1 and its expansions, but I heard the sequel is radically different.

invlun may be made to work like ward saves did in fantasy (that also had armour modifiers) As an extra save.

DoW 2 is good. But it is a different game. More of a squad focused tactics game than DoW 1s classic RTS style.

There's still some community left in the mod scene and it's not a bad game by any means. Main difference is that it does away with base building for a pure skirmish.

It'd need a ore punishing hard cap on non-uniques then.

2+/3++/5+++ infantry would be too stupid.

Man they went pure genius in Shadow War: Armageddon.
>HB gets two Sustained Fire dice
>Autocannon has a 4+ ammo roll which makes it the most reliable weapon CSM can lay hands on
>HB has the potential to mow down an entire Kill Team in one salvo
>Autocannon has more reliable killing power and less chance of running dry

Considering we've seen SW:A weapons go all the way up to -6, I wouldn't be so sure. It may be more akin to SW:A that most weapons float around the 1-3 rend range, but your dedicated "fuck your shit" weapons like lascannons get -6 for effectively "ignores armour".

I'm not gonna tell you if it's good or not, since that's sorta up to taste.

It is however quite different from DoW1.
The scale has shrunk, making much more of a skirmish with not alot of squads and more customizable heroes. The cover mechanic is quite good.
Base building is gone besides a few heroes that can make a turret or a pillbox.

Multiplayer is alittle boring since it's just a rush for the points.
Personally had some fun with the Last stand mode, but some heroes only get good after grinding 15+ levels, and the tau hero is OP.

I think it's the better of the two.
Though the concept of building units at all annoys me, premade team with limited reinforcements as best.

It's worth noting that the last expansion, Retribution, sorta moved back towards the larger scale. But still no base building and it's still skirmish level, but you'll have more than 4 squads on the field at least.

Sigmar is a primarch.
Go fuck yourself :^)

That's literally just 2nd edition rules though.

Great if you think ammo rolls for 1850 points of tacmarines and a deducting % movement for pivoting vehicles is a fun day, but others may hope for a rethink instead of a reprint.

That Girlyman do not worship E, because E never wanted to be worshipped. And that makes him a heretic to the religion that worships E.

What do you guys think of the first model you finished/painted?

Pretty much finished my riptide. It is an atrocious experimental paintjob but that sucker is my first 40k foray

Better to wound and ignore the riptides armor, but smart tau players would have a feel no pain alOne with its invul.

Ok, was just curious if the grav was better than any of the special ammo you could use with rapid fire

Its company of heroes/men of war with Warhammer Skins.

These lags, but made in the time before primer and thinning paints was a thing.

And you're honestly surprised they might just rip the 2E modifiers wholesale rather than spending a few nights math-hammering it to find out what modifiers certain weapons should get to be similarly balanced? It seems like 8E will be a revamp that's literally "Let's bring back 2E with less of the tedious bullshit"

so is it possible to make a good list using the ghazzy orkurion?

Grav is busted with the current rules. Hopefully they'll tone it down in 8th edition.

Haven't played for ages, what can you guys tell me about the new (well probably not really new) legion rules for CSM?

At first glance Death Guard look invincible, what am I missing here?

No.

90% tax for 10% benefit.

CAD is infinitely better.

None of the special ammo can really wound it like grav can. Poison is good, but he has a 2 plus save. Better to wound him on two and make him take the invul save plus FnP.

Do hellfire (2+) rounds work well against them?

I'd hate to have grav on the sternguard and end up needing melta to blow up a tank.

>At first glance Death Guard look invincible, what am I missing here?

They still use the core CSM book costs and units.

That aside, they are strong contenders.

Getting back into this shit. Used to play in 4th-5th, but haven't played in years.

Nowadays I got some extra dosh to throw around, so I decided why the hell not.

Despite Tyranids being dogshit for the past 10 years, I decided to go with them. They're my favorite race, and everyone says to go for aesthetics over power level. I figure I'll probably start up an Admech/Skitarii army eventually to powergame with, though probably not until they get a single codex. That double-codex fuckery pisses me off.

Anyways, these are some lists I'm thinking of building towards, as a starting point. Please critique them?

(GSC heavy list)
Cult Insurrection
Brood Cycle
1 Acolyte Iconward - 65
10x Acolytes w/ Cult Icon - 90
20x Neophytes w/ 2 Heavy Stubber, 2 Grenade Launcher - 120
10x Neophytes w/ 2 Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launcher - 100
10x Metamorphs w/ Claws, Cult Icon, Leader, Bonesword - 150
10x Genestealers w/ Scything Talons - 170
Patriarch, ML2, 2 Familiars - 125
Magus, ML2, Crouchling - 85
Tyranid CAD
HQ Flying Dakkarant - 230
Troop
Mucolid Spore - 15
Mucolid Spore - 15
Elite 3x Zoanthrope, Tyrannocyte - 225
Heavy Mawloc - 140
Mawloc - 140

(Tyranid List)
HQ
Flying Dakkarant - 230
Flying Dakkarant - 230
Elite
2x Zoanthrope - 100
1x Venomthrope - 45
Troops
30x Termagaunts - 120
Tervigon w/ Miasma Cannon - 205
Heavy
Trygon, Toxin Sacs - 200
Exocrine - 170
DISTRACTION TYRANNOFEX, Fleshborer Hive - 180
First Curse
20x Genestealers - 280
Patriarch - 90

They're not invincible but they're easily the strongest Legion. Everybody got buffs to some degree except maybe the Word Bearers, who work better as Allies to a Chaos Daemons list. Go read it, Traitor Legions is in the Mega archive in the OP.