Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New octarius warzone book spotted edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

gimme the latest of these OP images

Old Ork big choppas?

Thoughts on this rumour?

No AV is dumb.

Hey retards we already have another thread with 60 replies in it. Fucking sage goes in all fields.

>doesn't link to the old thread
>expecting anyone to notice
Stupid poster.

Well if they handle vehicle deterioration like they do large monster damage in AoS... it could be good?

Fake, but for suggestion's sake lets look through it.

1. GOOD. Any shake up that big needs lists on launch.
2. Streamlining, decent change.
3. Front/Side/Rear is good, losing that would be shitty.
4. I don't mind it. Expect termies to get something special (but not 3+ on 2d6, that shit only flies in skirmishes).
6. I'm worries they're going to simplify like AoS, not like 3/4/5.
7. I remember rhino-rush. It was shit then, and it'll suck now.

What if... Terminators don't get anything?
Bolters with a rend of 1 grants them a 3+
Heavy bolters a 4+
Plasma and higher a 5+

Then they continue to not be fielded, and the few players who take them for fun fall further behind.

That giddy child in a candy store feel when you get introduced to 4 new recasters in one day!

fuck off

>octarius warzone book
pics or it didn't happen faggot

Haven't you heard?

Sisters are being discontinued!

Posting again for fine tuning
This is a non war convo list for pick up games but can easily be converted to one for tourneys. Prescience in kataphrons, cawl and dominus both in one for a night unkillable unit that gets skyfire/tank hunter/monster hunter each turn, coteaz helps the knight survive with interceptor and initiative rerolling

And I'm assuming 40k is getting sigmar'd

why not put the dune crawlers in to one squad to improve their saves?

It's inevitable that some kind of AT team is going to deepstrike near them and have a go at them.

lel

Oh right each onager can fire at different targets although they belong to one squad

No. There is a massive difference between a leman Russ having front Toughness 10-equivalent and rear toughness 6-equivalent; and having some generalized Toughness 8 all around bullshit. Namely, that one can be made great though good tactics, and the other is just an oversized infantry.

Where does it say that? What gives them splitfire?

That isn't the case?

Vehicle squads function like an infantry squad in that respect

Termies will get a 1+ perhaps.

Why do you think one of the tank orders used by IG is splitfire? It's because vehicle squadrons cant normally target different enemies.

Which is kinda dumb, especially when a sponson gunner for some reason has to target the same guy as another tank's battle cannon. But for balance's sake I won't complain

They could give vehicles something similar to the PotMS, where one gun or the main gun can target a separate unit from the rest. Or give units in general a rule that models/weapons that can't draw LOS to the primary target, can opt to fire at another target. Maybe with a lower BS. Or make so that all weapons of the same type have to fire at the same targets, meaning a squad with a missile launcher, bolters and a plasma gun can fire at 3 different units.

Never actually got advice last thread. Mango the dad is gonna use his d rape and summon flaming chariots all day.

Second

I kinda like the idea of separating vehicle weapons into "primary" and "secondary". Primary weapons must shoot at the same target as other primaries, and secondaries follow secondaries. Secondary weapons can overwatch, primaries cannot. Example:

Leman Russ Vanquisher
>Primary Weapons
Battle cannon, co-axial autocannon
>secondary weapons
Hull heavy bolter, sponson bolters

Yea they need it. It's pretty dumb that when a tank targets a vehicle for example all of the gunners suddenly decide to stop firing their anti personnel weapons.

A Russ has between 3-6 crewmen depending on the technology inside. Pretty sure they can keep firing the damn pintle mounted weapons and sponsons

Magnus is awful my dude. You might as well use a war hound for that many points.

>tfw thought Big Choppas were AP4
Now I'm debating between them on my Nobs or just stick to choppas and sluggas.

what makes him so bad?

The point of them is +2 strength for 5 points, making your cannon fodder character S7 vs rear armours on the charge.

That's true, though they won't be able to charge whatever is inside, and I do have the Boss Nob and Warboss with Power Klaws. This is a tough decision.

Could someone mathhammer 9 WS5 Big Choppas and 9 WS5 Choppas versus the usual stuff, as well as AV?

Does potent magic grant a spell power beyond it's regular limit?

Fireball for example is capped at 10, would it go to 12 with potent magic or can you just get it to 10 at caster level 8?

Why the fuck does Warhammer have pfg anywhere?

Yes but it increases your chance of a perils to any double.

No he isn't, he is brutal as long as you keep him flying.

The only thing is he needs a lot of psychic dice. So running him with 1000 son's isn't the best. He is better off with tzeentch daemons

He needs to spend all of his WC to shoot a single d beam, the the tzeentch powers are all pretty mediocre, he has worse saves than bobby, poisoned kills him, bolters can hurt him, and he's 650 points.

Unless you're dumb he probably won't die, but he'll basically never make his points back.

Your list in General is too thin. Tsons are not hard to kill, so they'll get glocked, same with termies, so you'll be stuck with Ahriman and the big boys running around the table vastly outnumbered.

>Magnus is better off with tzeentch daemons

I wanna strangle every person that says he plays Thousand Sons and then posts/shows his army of just Magnus with tons of tzeentch daemons.

Maybe you should had stay loyal.

The new change seems fine to me, mostly sticking with the power that summons the chariot.
I think I have a decent amount of dice on table. 16 is decent. I'm mostly playing against iron warriors or minotaurs

Only if firing at different targets makes them ineligible to charge.

He can definitely make his points back and being unkillable is a big thing for even stopping slay the warlord. He has two D attacks and can spam powers as long as he has dice.

You'll notice I said he is better off with daemons because he needs the psychic dice that tsons just don't give him.

Never said that you'd be playing a tsons army just saying that to run Magnus effectively you need daemons.

I don't even play tsons, my friend does. He loves the aesthetics of tsons but it just doesn't perform so he has been slowly building up his tzeentch daemon allies

That would be fine for stuff like guard. There is almost no point in putting a heavy weapons team into a unit unless you can use the split fire order

Look into the Holy Requisitioner formation instead of that CAD. same units but they all deepstrike.

You're right but where do I put Cawl?
Pretty much the only reason I used a CAD, the kataphron sure as hell aren't making great use of the obsec

Cawl can replace any dominus in any formation.

>Octarius Warzone Book
I wish...

Followed by dread desperation when all of them discontinued the Ork line....

WHAT IS THE CHAOS GODS ENDGAME

Isn't it best to have a dominus with Cawl to repair?

If you want to have fun then play it, expect Magnus to carry you hard though. You can win definitely but it'll be off the back of the King in Crimson.

If you want a list that will lose you friends, take the formation that lets you take Magnus and 3 daemon princes of Tzeentch, kit them out with Mastery level 3, armor, wings, and spell familiars and have them roll on Maleific and Tzeentch. Ally in Heralds Anarchic (3 Heralds of Tzeentch that give you an extra warp charge for each Herald) and roll them on Maleific and Change.

You can blame the Space Wolves for that fuck up

>The 'Chaos' Gods are the deified embodiment of Chaos. The Warp does as well.

>'Machines' are orderly, as so does the material universe appear to be.

>Chaos also imply's disarray, which further implies radical change that will inevitably lead to things breaking down. Destruction!

>Order, by contrast, necessitates enduring structure and maintenance. Maintenance requires creation. But what is the point of maintenance if things don't weaken over time?

Therefore: Their endgame must be to utterly and completely unravel the Machine Gods grand design, with the Servants & subtle manifestations of the Machine God being the necessary counterbalance against them.

Read Priests of Mars, the Machine God is something beyond the material universe and warp. I suspect its first servants where the Old Ones and then the second are humans. The legion of destruction was first the C'tan and now that unholy mantle has been taken up by the Chaos "gods."

Further proof: Gellar Fields. They literally make the warp orderly!

>marginally better shooting than a wraithknight
>costs twice as much

>costs almost as much as a warhound which can put out 4 D plates a turn and doesn't get gimped by the rest of the army dying

>can get alpha struck T1

>can get mega cucked by psychic abomination

Admech player detected.

This also proves why the Emperor is truly the Omnissiah. He brought a chaotic Earth and made it an organized & unified holy Terra.

Gellar fields maintain a bubble of reality around the ship. This makes it harder for daemons to attack the ship, as they'd have to manifest materially (as they do when entering reality) and it's not easy (otherwise daemons would come out where ever they liked).

The fields are also used to strengthen reality. I believe the Inquisitorial fortress has a gellar field protected area where they keep all the heretical stuff to subdue any further damage they might have by lessening their connection to the Warp.

I kind of think of it like the Omnissiah (aka emperor) is kind of like the catholic Jesus to the Machine God

So guys, anyone playing Eternal Crusade here?
I have this maniacal monkey Brazilian friend that swears up and down Orks are OP and flings feces at me whenever I interject with what I've read about them. He even made fresh OC because his impotent rage was so great mere text couldn't capture it.

I want to tell him to get good but seeing how he's a LSM player I don't think that's possible.

Pic is what he made.

Hence it is up to the servants of the Machine God to counterbalance the destructive tendency of Chaos/Warp.

>ywn be this good in all your life

Orks aren't OP in EC, they can be good but not OP.

Nigger I'm better

Orks are the only reason to even acknowledge EC exists

guess you're friend isn't so KEEN on getting G R E E N E D

Would it be possible to have 100 shots for one unit of sicarian infiltrators if I give them 2 flachett blasters each?

How do you give them 2 flechette blasters each?

Yeah, he's pretty salty. He even updated his picture.

He keeps saying Shootas kill in 2 hits even though Bolters do much more damage per shot. I hope he doesn't get banned now that VOIP has been added in the latest patch. I hope he can tone down his autistic screeching or at least use push to talk.

Don't know. Though correct me if I'm wrong, can units take two pistol weapons in this edition?

Hi, I'm new to WH40k...Can someone explain to me why the Imperium is so mean towards aliens?

The weapons look bland and the body looks like a 256 colour versions of a 16 bit image.

Magnus does fine with tsons, they average 18 charges per turn, if you use your dice conservatively magnus gets an extra 4 dice to use himself. Basically you use the psychic phase to give everyone a blessing, summon a burning chariot in front of infantry, and maybe d beam a squad of heavy hitters

Because they are all inferior to Humanities holy perfection of form and function.

The Imperium of Man has no tolerance for non-humans, mutants, and heretical beliefs and thoughts contrary to it's teachings. Few xenos have ever or will ever do anything to benefit humanity, and have proven to make enemies of Man, so Man shall do the same. None may stand in the way of the Immortal God-Emperor.

Because aliens are inferior to humans.

And because every time humans try to trust and work with aliens in the past it back fire hard.

So now only retards think are anything else but tools to be use.

>Are forbidden of

If their unit entry permits.
Which infiltrators' do not.

Models with two pistols can fire both, but how are you giving them two pistols in the first place?

Show them John Woo films?

Had an interesting game today, was a 3-way between 2 eldar and a tau army, 500pts. I was playing Eldar, and we did a custom mission: Rescue. We played on a 6x4 table, each of us having one of 6 "squares" to deploy in, with an objective in the centre of the square. We used spare HQ models as the objectives, representing a captured general, and we each had to rescue one by holding the objective at the end of the game, plus STW, LB, FB. My general was in the Tau players square, and I stole the initiative, and so powered straight into him and took out most of his FW squad. Didn't do anything to the Ghostkeel though. Other Eldar player turbo-boosted a serpent full of Dire Avengers with his Farseer right into my homebase on his turn, and had to split his army to deal with infiltrating stealthsuits going for his objective.

Turn 2 I charged the Keel with my scorps and tear it apart, then consolidated towards the objective with a pirhana on it. Killed the Serpent with my scatbikes, only kill 2 of the avengers inside with my vypers. He in turn knocked out one of the vypers with the DA shooting, then the Farseer took the remaining one's last HP with a witchblade in melee, cons. towards my obj. Tau player is down to just his stealthsuits(he had shadowsun in there), they wipe an Avenger squad

Turn three my bikes/farseer got wiped by his scatbikes bar one, who fled. Tau player camps his last stealthsuit on other eldar objective, goes after other eldar's bikes with Shadowsun.

Turn 4 his DA squad wipes mine off the board and he camps on my obj, his bikes take out my Scorps, my last bike does nothing to his bikes, game ended turn 5.

Good fun, the new mission scenario was great, allowed for fun backstabby play as we were all giving each other advice on how to best fuck over the others, would definitely play again. Other Eldar guy won with 6 points to my 3, despite me getting FB and LB. Tau guy came in last, was a good sport tho.

New player
how's this for 1000 IG?

>saying hey this model that's 100s of dollars more is better
Thanks kid

I stopped playing because it took all the shit I hated about space marine multiplayer and made it worse.

Is that FFG memery? Glad GW pulled these faggots away.

It's to prove a point that he's overcosted. I know people with autism struggle with figurative language but come on.

Arguably best to have Pask in a vanquisher with one executioner, gives you some points elsewhere.

Has anyone rolled up custom armies using the Deathwatch tables? I'm making a CSM legion rn

You're argument is eldar and warhound. So cheese and exspensive. It's not constructive. The point of the post was a hey does this look playable. Not is it the best possible thing I could play. Though now that you bring up "you must be autistic" I can see this conversation is over.

>leman Russ exterminator
Nope

How good will chaos space marines be in shadow war Armageddon? I'm trying to formulate a list and I'm not too sure on what to take.

i was thinking of punisher with pask would give him good anti infantry

Ok, first: three battle tanks in one squadron is bad. Take one of your exterminators and put him in a heavy support slot. Now he can shoot other things and can cover another sector of the board for you.

Next, an infantry squad cannot take that many special weapons. They can take 2 or 1 and a heavy weapons team at most, I think. A veteran squad can take 3, but not regulars.

Finally, if you want snipers put them in the platoon command squad since they can fire those from behind the front line of infantry.

Is he, by any chance, a LSM player? Those fuckers get billions of powerful weapon options, while my shoota boss is still stuck with a shoota and somewhat better armor. Meanwhile, my Khaindar and nurglite Havoc die like bitches everytime someone unpacks his bolter.

I know nothing about this game but gosh do I want to learn. No idea where to start though.. was told to guy some dark vengeance mini rulebook via ebay though.. anyone wanna recommend?

All I know is d&d 5e stuff sadly.. this stuff seems a lot to take in lol

Some guys and gals come with 2 pistols so the gunslinger rule was made