/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 13 (1d26)

You only need to hate traitors...but traitors you NEED to hate Edition
Sanguinius power-crying Sub-edition

Rules rumours, transport meta, army lists and Sagittarii were discussed, but nobody can (ever) agree on the Decimation. Oh, and WBfiction finally had feedback, presumably spoke to Slaanesh's D. More stuff in the previous bread, if that's your thing -> >READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the

Hey, he got trips for the

Why is assembling minis so hard? I just spend a better part of 3 hours and all I got out of it was 3 tacticals, who still need some work on them. At this rate assembling 2 blobs takes a whole work week.

Plastic or resin?

Plastic.

Plastic or super glue

Plastic. Though what does it matter, I haven't noticed much of a difference between the two when putting together minis.

Sup /hhg/
Who here thinks that power armored marine lightning claws would make for good talons/simply looked decently sized?
Sorry about the phone picture

Certainly not in that pose they don't.

>With Secutarii being the hotness taking only a 60 point HQ and two 35 point Thrall units gives you lots of space for Peltasts and Hoplites in Triaros. You lose super MTC and scoring in enemy deployment tanks but if you want a mechanized shooty horde plain Taghmata does it a bit better.
What would be the best way to Reductor without going Matrix of Ruin @ 12 Medusae/turn ft a billion haywire/second...plus 6 Thallax?
There obviously has to be something better.

Honestly dude, you just have to enjoy the journey. And if that's hard, try to find ways to make it easier. Always always always have a movie or some music or a podcast or whatever. Get into that zone where you're kind of working on autopilot on the task but just aware enough to make the right decisions or just be able to tighten your focus when you need to, and just enjoy your auxiliary entertainment.

ohgodhelpmeI'mahopelessscreenaddictedmilennialIliterallyneednetflixtofallasleepatnight

It does not take an hour to assemble a tactical marine, friend.

Do you have nerve damage?

>Couldn't get the blue tact to fucking keep shit in place

What do you guys use to pre-fit your models?

I guess getting the hang of which sub-assemblies you can do in batches help. For example, I put all the torso halves together in one go, then while they're drying clip out the legs, then by the time I've done that and cleaned the legs' moldlines the torsos will be dry enough to glue onto the legs, and so on. With experience you'll find your own way of doing things, and the process will speed up.

>taking large blast barrage in squadrons
Flipping large blast templates means missing entirely most of the time, why does anyone thing that's a good idea...?

Do you count clipping them from sprues and cleaning the bits as part of the assembly or not?

Where can I find 30k Secutarii rules?

Do you have clippers or are you just trying to knife it?

Book 7.

Inferno.

Whichever works. Some pieces are hard to get with a clipper and some thin pieces might get broken with a clipper.

>What do you guys use to pre-fit your models?

My bare hands.

It should only take you maybe 15-20 minutes to snip and clean a single infantry model at a casual pace. Possibly a bit longer if it's an older model with a messier sprue and you're obsessive about mould lines.

Also, take note that the Secutarii HQ is NOT an Independent Character so figuring out if you want to invest points into a way to protect against slay the warlord VPs can be an issue. Personally I like the idea of just leaving him in reserve and hoping he stays there for a while. He has a pretty amazing statline for a 60 point model but he's still just a solo Marine with an extra wound if he's stuck on his own.

Somebody photoshop this guy behind a turntable !

That's got to be an error.

Do you do subassemblies? I'm worried I won't be able to reach a lot of parts on Cata and Taros termies if I put them together prior to painting, I've only painted power armour so far.

The first thing I do is paint on the sprue, makes everything go much quicker.

Then you pretty much just need to snap the bits off their frame and glue them together.

So I was looking at the sokar stormbird, and noticed something odd about the thunder hawk in the comparison pics.

Forge world are cheeky fucks

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird

It might not be. A 95 point allied detachment could be used to give PE(Infantry) to a Sworn Brothers shooting unit that doesn't need a transport if he could join a unit. You can do a similar thing with a Malagra, but he costs literally twice as much so it's not nearly as appealing.

That said, the Axiarch does have the Kyropatris thing which does nothing without more of them in the unit. Book 7 has so many errors that it's very possible, but there is a case for it either way.

One of the hurricane Bolters is on backwards?

Look at the wings, then at the old thawk pics and the ones we have in the VI/VII images

What, that heavy bolter on the left side of the Thunderhawk ?

Nah m8, it's the same Red Scorpions shoddy piece of resin repainted black. Look at the tail and the winglets over the jets.

Depends on the details as well. If it's a straight surface, that's easy to clean. If it's one with a loot of details going along the seam, then cleaning that mould line is way more time consuming. I had to clean my work station 3 times during the operation, though I did clean up more than 3 models worth of bits, being under the delusion I could do them all.

Main thing is to leave bolters off before painting as otherwise they block easy painting of the chestplate. Some people also leave off backpacks and heads, though I don't myself.

I leave off the arms.

What about the termies (Indomitus notwithstanding)?

Cutting out, cleaning, and glueing a marine should take 10 minutes each. Maybe 15 minutes for mk 3 because of the fucking retard at GW who decided their legs and backpacks needed to be 2 parts each.

Arms off too for me.

What about their heads?

If they didn't make them 2 part, people would be bitching about lack of detail and other things.

I fucked up assembling mk III backpacks and some of them have the wrong two parts assembled. Anyone has some idea on how to fix it?

What's bad about it? I haven't looked close enough to notice any difference between the parts.

I didn't even know there was more than one design of backpack. What's the difference?

They are left on.

Spacing of the top bands.

What glue did you use?

Superglue, the plastic hasn't melted but I tried to separate them and the pieces almost broke

Maybe try glueing something blocky on top (a piece from the sprue if you got nothing else) to obscure the disalignment of the wires going over it.

Pic related don't judge, I'm not an artist with MS paint

Custodes Shield Captain: Should I put the Archeotech Pistol on the back of his Solerite Gauntlet, like with Calgar; on the back of it like with Kandor; just put a holster on his hip; or put it on the inside of his shield like the Suzerains have it?
Or should I leave it off? I mean, chances are I'll at best get two shots a game.

Leave it. That's 20 pts. saved.
Throw your plasma grenade if you have to and then munch up stuff with the paragon spear.

Option F: DAKKAFACE.

Paragpn Spear is for scrubs, I'd rather use the Solerite Gauntlet for reliable S10 AP1 beatings coupled with a Praesidium Shield to hide behind.

Well I did say there had to be something better. Also, Reductor Medusae can shoot Phosphex munitions, which last forever. Can't miss if you're targeting the table itself :^)

Well, I'm not running that combo for 3 reasons:
1.) I don't wanna upset fellow players with the re-rollable 3++ & FnP combo.
2.) Spears just look much more badass in general.
3.) I'm using Ixion Hale.

>TFW you order bits to make your custom squad
>Realize by sheer virtue of Rule of Cool you made them an effective in-game unit

Custodes are fun.

>1 Shield Captain with Solerite Power Talons

>5 Hetaeron Guard with Praesidium Shields, 3 Paragon Blades, and 2 Solerite Gauntlets

1) My opponents field primarchs and ten flavors of Mechanicum heroes, I don't give a shit.
2) Mostly correct, though there've been a bunch of good conversions.
3) All of my envy. The fucker is like 110€ at the cheapest here.

Are there any pictures of the differences between Shield Captains, guard squaddies, and hecatons?

You can find a good recast for under $40.

Captains generally have cloaks and are more ornate with minor odd details here and there.

Hetaeron are probably the same as standard Custodes but maybe with purity seals, some different colored cords and details, and maybe even inner pauldron colors.

Standard Custodes are normal boxed units.

Custodes are the tits. It's such a shame the internal balance of their list is shot to hell, because the overall powerlevel of the army is spot-on and it's super fun to make lists and play them.

...I just want Guardians and Sagittarum to be reasonable.

Shoulder mounted is an option alongside the gauntlet mounted form. Both will look great.

Having it sitting on his thighs waiting to be used is cool too

So are there examples of them in this thread, because that is honestly pretty vague.
The details begin to clash to me, so saying this guys ornate armor is more ornate that THIS guy's ornate armor isn't helping as much as I'd like.

Guardian by themselves are well rounded but sadly don't have much range.

Sagittarum Guard are super fucking cool but either need a points decrease or 5-10 per model or the Bolt Caliver needs to be Salvo 3/5 Rending

FW hasn't been as amazingly helpful as we'd all hoped.

They kind of hint that they're very individual, but not much more.

Starting to come around to them, it's a shame though that SpearStodes, BoltStodes, and Terminators are over shadowed by other options and that I'm struggling to find a fluffy way to ally them to my Luna Wolves.

Of course with the house ruling of custodes actually being allies

To the guy asking if anyone does a Sons of Horus army, I'm slowly working on it.

These are a WIP test squad to see if I like them before splurging on some FW.

>That said, the Axiarch does have the Kyropatris thing which does nothing without more of them in the unit. Book 7 has so many errors that it's very possible
Fluff is to BL like rules are to FW.
Take both with a(lots of) grain(s) of salt, and stick to your own interpretation anyway.

PUT IT AT THE VERY TOP OF HIS HELMET

Glue the archeotech pistol on his codpiece

>FNP

Wait, you can give a tribune FNP too? That's kinda disgusting.

Warlord Trait

Personal Traits #5 - Tenacity

That's a nice shade of green.

Oh.

I'd have just figured you'd go straight for infiltrate every time.

God I love the Sagittarum Guard helmets and I want to put one on my Shield Captain but I'm so worried it's not fluffy.

Do we have instances of Sagittarum leaders using other equipment?

I know Space Marine Praetors are way below Custodian power level, but it is interesting to me that a T5 Jetbike 2+/3++ Salamander can get EW, FnP and IWND.

Unless someone is running Magnus, Russ, or Scoria, that particular tribune set up is fucking dickish.

>well rounded
Ehh, I don't know about that. They are super-dependent on getting the charge but have basically no way to actually get that. And outside the charge they are outperformed by everything else.
As for Sagittarum, I'd like to see them getting Sniper, Pinning and Salvo 3/3.

>Do we have instances of Sagittarum leaders using other equipment?
What about a Shield Captain using other equipment, namely a helmet.
I don't remember what kind of Custodians the Emperor brought into the Vengeful Spirit, mostly because this pic is fake as hell since it didn't happen this way, as the hot Warmaster on Emperor action began when they were both alone.
Say the Shield Captain is wearing a helmet, for once.

Honestly I only ran a Tribune with FNP once because I knew my opponent was taking Curze.

Tribune with Paragon Spear, Praesidium Shield, Digital Lasers, Cyber Familiar, and FNP. He killed Curze first round of combat because he rolled 5 sixes to hit and slammed Curze with a total of 10 wounds to Invul.

Never ran it again

Sadly not very fluffy as far as we know. That said, the book describes custodes ranks as labyrinthine, so chances are that there is some shield-captain version of a Sagittarum.
Honestly, I'd like for Shield-Captains and Haeteron to be able to grab Adrasti just for the variety of it.

Memes aside, I know Valdor is Primarch tier, if not even more powerfull...but are the Tribunes that powerful as well?
What kind of rank is a Tribune anyway?
Also, Praesidiums should give 3++ rerolling ones, not also grant a fucking hit penalty.

Pretty much. I mean, it is nice to have FnP if you expect a major punch-up to happen, but mostly I prefer gdetting my dudes into range much quicker. It's not like the rerollable 3++ at -1 to hit isn't going to last a long time anyway.

Curze goes down like the little bitch he is though. First time I ran into him he got killed by my dual kheres contemptor-mortis and one kill-shot from Exodus :^)

Valdor gets destroyed by primarchs, maybe Lorgar or Alpharius goes down to him.

The tribune statistically takes out everyone but Russ. Even the fight with russ is so close that you might as well flip a coin.

>GE is S7 on the table
>Burning Blade is S+2 Blind Force Murderous Strike AP2
>GE has special rule that biomancy can make him break S10 cap for S:D
>6+ S:D melee attacks

Tribunes are nearly Valdor-tier in the fluff. Those are the guys explicitly tasked by the Emperor to get shit done.
As for the Praesidium, I'd say it'd be fine if the reroll only succeeded on the basic 5++ regardless of the original invuln.

Praesidiums should just be plain Stormshields. IF have them, Salamanders kind of have them, 40k Custodes have them, so it would have made perfect sense. But noooooo FW had to come up with some mommies special snowflake special rule just for the sake of it, because fuck keeping the rules managable right ?

There were supposedly less than a dozen Tribunes and by themselves they were more than a match for 10-15 Custodes alone.

Valdor's stats should be slightly stronger, but he's essentially Big E's right hand man and leader of Custodes.

In his case the command order is Valdor, Tribune, Shield Captain, and Hetaeron.

Hetaeron are weird because their ranks have some Shield Captains and Tribunes; they're primarily their own thing because they're the actual bodyguards who are always around unless ordered away personally.

Basically Tribunes only take a knee to Valdor and Big E.

Also the shield is weird. By itself it's fine, but stacked on a Captain or Tribune and it's rough.

>GE
It's Emperor of Mankind to you.
Also, now his blade is S10 Armourbane Ds on 6s. But we can pretend 40k is nothing but Perturabo's fanfiction "My Eternal Warrior", right?
>The Tribune is more powerful than Valdor himself.
This is what I'm talking about. It doesn't make sense to me. Space marines aren't IG where commanders aren't more powerful than their champions.
Space marines are orks, and the higher they are in the command ladder the bigger and more powerful they are.

Eh not so much. Valdor can take most Primarchs on an even playing field. Horus and a small set of others are going to slowly push him down though.

Admittedly watching Horus go down to Valdor and a five man squad of Hetaeron was great to see.

Who can he take? He doesn't have the toughness or saves to take a primach beating on him for two turns.

>now his blade is S10 Armourbane Ds on 6s
Isn't that it's stats in the hands of Guilliman, tho, and not it's SM relic incarnation?
What would GE's talon be like then?

It's very back and forth, but characters like Dorn, Guilliman, and Lorgar are ones he does very well with.

Have you seen that sword ? It is about as tall as Guilliman himself. I highly doubt that The Burning Blade is suppose to be the same thing, especially considering that the Emperor's sword was locked in stasis alongside Guilliman. Like on his lap alongside.

Also curious how the Emperor's model is gonna turn out, because damn that sword is fucking huge. GW kinda made it way too large.

Inferior to Guilliman's gauntlet because he isn't a 10,000 year old spiritual liege, demi-god that was created for eternal war.

Thank you user! I'll see what I can do

>Inferior
Look, you, you see this ?
Look at GE's crotch? You see that eagle?
That eagle is stronger than Guilliman's gauntlet.