/MTG/

The beast is coming / The beast is coming to your world / The beast is coming / The beast is coming...

Rest in peace saheeli cat.
Except not really sense we already had a hard counter to it printed in white, and this isn't going to bump Green up enough to make it a viable counter.

What is this art supposed to convey?

>carrot of fire smashes your sword
>sword isn't even in his hands because he tossed it or something
>or maybe it was blown out of his hands by the strong wing that's warping the fire around
>also there's a beast that's intrigued by the fire, so he's looking at it, I think
>he seems to be growing horns where his eyes should be
>maybe Bolas-vision will be part of the set

Also I'd still rather have Naturalize, at least.

Sometimes, when car slam into deer, deer wins.

Getting real disappointed with Exert so far.
They're just delayed EtBs. I was really hoping for

RB
Creature
Exert -- Gain First strike until end of turn
Deathtouch
3/1

Or something along those lines.

This is better, although it's no Seeker of the Way.

This seems really good. It's like poor man's lingering souls.

It's a Doomed Traveler that has lifelink and no flying. I'm inclined to call it better, but we already had a poor man's lingering souls it's a 0.50 card my man, you're broke if you can't afford it. It's more like a Standard-legal Souls

It's a Doomed Traveler with Lifelink instead of Flying and with Lifelink on both halves and you have to pay W to get the second half of it but you don't have to do it when it dies - instead you can bring it back for W at any point that you could cast a sorcery.

So, it's not a Doomed Traveler at all.

this card goes to
>how to waste a beautiful art

>beautiful art
>symmetrical face
There's a good reason the Mona Lisa is asymmetrical. Symmetry is disgusting, and that's what the artist gave us.

The cloth is all nice, yeah, but I can't praise bad design.

>Symmetry is disgusting

You're a special kind of faggot, aren't you?

>shoulderless dress of gaudy purple satin more suited to some 6/10 french courtesan in the renaissance than ancient egypt
>The cloth is all nice

No.

At first read thought it also hit enchainments and damn near shit myself

Only cards I legit like so far.

Well, he's not wrong. Perfectly Symmetrical faces fall under Uncanny Valley territory and are just unsettling, human instincts tend to label them as "other" or "not human". There's a sort of ratio between symmetry and asymmetry that "beauty" falls under.

That's pretty efficient.
All hail queen Snake Tits.
Improvising just became a wincon.
>more naga
Neat. Man green has a lot of card draw in standard.

I sort of like this card
>exert and get a 4/4 lifelinker for a potential 8 point life swing
>or get two attacks with a vanilla 3/1

When I said that AKH PW decks will be two-coloured with golgari Liliana some user called me an idiot. Well, I'm idiot indeed but at least I was right about decks

Why not just "whenever you discard a card"?

Your taste in cards reveals you to be an obnoxious controlfag.

Because new players get easily confused and might think that because the discard part of cycling is in brackets, it might not count as discarding and only counts as cycling.

Always awatching makes it a 5/5 lifelinker for 2.

I hate this naming strategy. With Dusk and Dawn it at least works because they're both nouns.

>Tap damage tower now goes in cat decks

I agree. A purely symmetrical face looks pasted on and sticks out, considering her body is sitting at an angle

>Liliana will never have any consistent art

I don't see how new players would get confused by that, but I can see new players thinking they get to draw three cards for every cycle now.

Gonna try this in my death and taxes

its supposed to be read as

Failure to Comply.

I think both Failure // Comply are both perfectly fine on their own.

The only card that has been wonky is Mouth to Feed

It's not Dusk and Dawn.

It's Dusk to Dawn.

It's not Failure and Comply.

It's Failure to Comply.

White had a similar card for one. It doesn't do anything to stop the combo, just delays your death by a turn.

you're supposed to fill the names with "to", not "and".
Dusk to Dawn
Failure to Comply

>>carrot of fire smashes your sword
It's clearly the beast pawn, that is on fire for some reason.
>>sword isn't even in his hands because he tossed it or something
>>or maybe it was blown out of his hands by the strong wing that's warping the fire around
It would sort of make sense but it's going in the wrong direction for that. The only way to make it work would be a flying sword I guess.
>>he seems to be growing horns where his eyes should be
You can see his eyes right behind his horns. He can't see shit.

Have you consider what would happen if all your artifact haste cats enter tapped would do to you as a splinter twin combo deck?

>Delays death for a turn
The clones made by saheeli peace out on end step so I'm not sure what you mean by just a turn. It completely turns off their combo kill and forces them to go for value.

>They ripped off this innistrad box art and they still made her look bad

The shit is exiled at end of turn? Heh, I really had no idea - probably because it's never mattered as whenever the combo goes off it's been gg.

Catptain of the Watch

Yes. It would be insane, and out of color of UR, to make permanent haste clones of artifacts or creatures for 3 mana.

Holy crap, it is

gideon 3 may go into d&t as a 1-of. dusk to dawn may stand-in for wrath of god (but not Cataclysm). temmet goes directly into UW Hatebears.

that creature does not go into any of those decks.

>like a couple of decent blue cards
>lol, controlfag, amirite?

I like all archetypes and playstyles and have played many, many different decks. Seriosuly, who doesn't want to try out a bunch of decks across multiple formats?

tryhard spikes

Thick thighs save lives
But thigh highs will be my demise

They also shrunk her tits, because attractive feminine figures triggers bad feefees on tumblr and twitter

What was wizards thinking with new Gideon?

Holy shit that's obnoxious as hell

The first cat lord, going to be insane demand for this.

Like half the fucking girls I know that play MtG have a cat tribal deck.

>The only good cards in the set so far are the monoblue control cards! Every other card is shit!

Yeah, sure, of course you're not a controlfag.

so... zero?

its not going to be more then 4 or 5 dollars on release before nosediving to 1 dollar or less when the protour rolls along when the meta still revolves around playing or hard countering the cat combo.

Yeah, I'm thinking long term. It's not going to be expensive due to how huge the print runs are nowadays

Unfortunately now they can play Throne of the God Pharaoh in their side board and get around Authority, Thalia, and now this green guy.

>only cards I legit like
>obviously that translates to, "every other card is shit except the ones i like"

Would you like to try again and read what I actually said instead of being purposefully obtuse?

Based on the thumbnail I thought they legit printed Eight Grizzly Bears.

So what isn't Green capable of while spamming creatures?

Look I know those fat fucks and special snowflake pierced nose + dyed hairs barely count as girls but they are in fact biologically female (however much they want to argue otherwise) and do play Magic at stores.

AND INTO LIVING END YOU GO

>T2 Glory Bound Initiate
>T3 Always Watching, swing with your 5/5 with lifelink

>Lars, why are there grizzly bears in Egypt? Does that make sense to you?
>SHUT THE FUCK UP, HANS, AND RUN LIKE HELL!

>magma spray is the most exciting card in the set so far

this is really disappointing

But user don't you like the new pushed planeswalkers? We made BFZ Gideon look shit!

Not all that long ago I was playing a game of standard against this hamgalaxy with blue butchcut hair. She was playing some kind of shitty monoblack aetherborn deck that I fucked over in a hurry.
When I targeted one of the aetherborn with grasp I began "I'll grasp him..."
And then she went full tumblr on me, claiming aetherborn are non-binary (just like she is!) and went on this fucking tirade over it and how offensive it is.
To which I replied, after sitting in silence the entire time, "So he's dead, right?"
She tried to call a judge over and claim I was harassing her. His face just went blank as she went on tirade mkII, occasionally giving me this 'what the fuck' glance.
Of course, nothing happened, and she even got a warning for delaying play as she was in a losing position.

You really think that? That someone would go on the internet and just tell lies?

except they didn't
new Gideon is still dwarfed by old gideon

it makes me feel like they are planning on banning old gideon

>new Gideon
>dies to Grasp of Darkness
>doesn't create tokens to block for himself
>4/4 instead of 5/5
>emblem is mostly pointless in standard since people are going to always kill him anyway
>+1 with no potential payoff

he isn't nearly as backbreaking as Ally of Zendikar

in modern he is probably better than AoZ but for standard he is much worse so I am not really afraid of him

I know user, I know.
I have no evidence or proof.

Are you seriously upset that GB gets a legendary creature that revolves around -1/-1 counters and deathtouch?
Also, monogreen has always had artifact hate. Artifact hate is green's jam. How can you be angry that green gets an artifact hate creature, especially one that fails the vanilla test?

Both of those cards you've quoted fit the color pie perfectly.

I said it once I'll say it again, this card won't see any play
It dies to every removal that's currently being used, does nothing the turn you play it and its abilities don't impact the board state in any way

R&D fucked blue players so hard that they're now happy to have a good limited rare, that's just pathetic

RAKDOS SCARABURN

That's a pretty cool card from a design prospective.

Incredible.

This is fucking sweet. I'm trying this in Burn.

>and then I woke up

Meh

This looks actually powerful

>does nothing the turn you play it
Except give you a 4/4 flyer.

That's really fucking nice.
I want to make an EDH deck with that.

This looks like shit

I just got sold on standard

Jund -1/-1 counters are go?

This is pretty legit desu senpai.

>Turn everything into psuedowither
>Not withdr so -1/-1 counter placing effects still proc
OOOOHHH

>swiftspear monk with no haste
>gives wither to all your burn spells

Bretty Gud

this is actually not bad

red is getting some ok things this set it seems
nothing absurd
but red IS getting help
maybe some kind of RDW or actual fast agro deck will come out of this

now all we need is the next set to print a ton of good blue support, ban felidar guardian and HoK, and we might have an ok Standard format

But it's not wither
Which is actually a good thing

4/4 flying for 4 is good in limited, nothing more

>You can searing blaze a Goyf and it actually does something

Who's a happy Burnfag? I am

Which will get removed by a revolt fatal push, an unlicensed disintegration or grasp of darkness during your end step

When was the last time a 4 mana 4/4 flyer saw any play? Gisela is in the format and only see very rare play in obscure sideboards for the same reasons

Pretty much.

>Soul-Scar Mage
>Nest of Scarabs
>Blasphemous act

ALL THE SCARABS!

if I have two of these on the field does the effect double?

No, they can't both replace the same one shot effect.