Why is tzeentch the best chaos god

Why is tzeentch the best chaos god
>Khorne- god of bloodshed
>Nurgle- god of despair
>Slaanesh- god of overdosing
>tzeentch- god of hope
Like the only thing bad about him is the whole can't take I'm at face value thing

I don't even know what nurgle is the god of anymore.

The god of entropy? the god of pestilence?, the god of life, god of the death/life cycle? srsly he has to many fields under his domain.

Stagnation

He was the best chaos God, but then the list changed.

Why does his dick have teeth?

I'm partial to Nurgle, though not in his bloated plagued God aspect.

I'm putting together a Lost and the Damned army based around humans in service to the Iron Warriors that worship Nurgle as a god of unchangingness and stagnation.

That's pretty cool, user

>tzeentch

That's not how you spell Malal.

isnt it really all of these things?
I always thought "(grand)father Nurgle" was his title because he too is the god of life?

who?

Tzeentch is alright but the people that say he's the best chaos god are normally head up their own arse types.

Tzeentch is what every edgy teenager thinks is cool.

Isn't tzeentch like the one chaos god that can have happily married followers?

Nope that's slaanesh

that's a vagina. Dicks are outwards, vaginas are inwards. Tzeenchs weird sideways vagina has teeth.

Nurgle probably could too.
Honestly, I feel like with Tzeentch or Nurgle you could probably still have at least a semi-functioning society at the end of the day as long you don't completely tear the warp gates open.

Its not hope you dipshit. Its just change and manipulation. Not even change with any purpose, positivism, or interest in maintaining that change. You have nothing to hope for, and doing so is to your disadvantage.

Despair, fear, happiness, stagnation, just sitting in the festering pit and claiming that it's the best place ever/being conten with what you have

read the goddamn Liber Chaotica

Explain what stagnation has to do with life.

If stagnation was his primary domain his minnions would not become writhing masses of tentacle puss stuff.

actually on further review from op, "dispair' would fall under slaanesh, not nurgle,

Not that guy, but stagnation of the humors is related to/causes diseases and despair. Rot, insect swarms, molds, slimes and puss are all closely associated with stagnant water, easy enough to extend into stagnation of society. Corruption leading to decay rather than decadence.

Against OP's categorizations and even the idea of oversimplified main domains really. The chaos gods are amalgamations of emotional soul discharge and a-temporal non-linear magical hell dimension collapse interested in suffering, corruption, and fucking up all your shit forever. Probably don't fit into one word descriptors.

>May 2005
>these STELLAR designs have still not been used
Why did we get Fyreslayers in place of this?

Have you read a single book of Tzeentch background?

Look at this toothless dick faggot.
Hahaha, you Freak!

That presupposes that they will further "devolve" after becoming masses of tentacle puss. As I understand it they degrade untill a certain point and when that point is reached they become impervious to the ravages of time.

Nurgle is the God of Despair because he frees his followers from that emotion. The Slaaneshi followers are not freed from any potential despair they might feel but avoid it through hedonism and other self-indulging forms of escapism.

It's the difference between being sincerely happy and seeking gratification which grants temporary joy/bliss and keeps the negative emotions at bay which seperate Nurgle's domain from that of Slaanesh.

t. Depressed Person who totally see the appeal of Nurgle.

Holy fuck I so want these guys in model form!

He's the god of the endless cycles, the rest of the things you listed are derived from this highly abstract domain. Likewise, Tzeentch is the god of linear advancement, and his other attributes (hope, change, magic, knowledge, planning) are derived from it. I generally find that the pair Tzeentch-Nurgle is much more elegant and fitting for the role of ultimate cosmic gods because they represent fundamental forces that permeate all creation. Khorne and Slaanesh are way too narrow in their focus no matter how you look at them. There's no way Khorne can be as strong as Nurgle or Tzeentch with his domain.

I'd include Slaanesh into the folder of Chaos deities who could have functioning societies that worship them.
Just make it a mixture of extreme consumerism mixed in with all the stereotypes of the decadence of the Roman Civilisation.

A Tzeentchian civilisation would probably be heavily focused around political life (which again is a parallell to the Roman Civilisation) and technological advancement, with a caste of extremely powerful sorcerers holding the actual reigns of government illuminati-style.

A Nurgle society would in all likelyhood be one steeped in traditions and extremely conservative. I imagine some sort of immortal king ruling over it for countless generations as an enlightened despot. "Big Brother loves you and will hear your case!"

I'd think that a society based on decadence wouldn't work that well.
Somebody has to do the brute labor, and that ain't very fun. The imperium doesn't even has robots to do those jobs.
There is a reason that slaanesh worship is huge with nobles. They have the money and servants to live that lifestyle

That's the key part of Nurgle though. He's the God of acceptance. Lowest common denominator acceptance. Shit is so absolutely aimlessly miserable that your only solace is turn to the other cheek and pretend you're happy until you believe it. He's an abusive relationship.

To contrast, Tzeentch is always telling you things could be better if you just make another deal or try a little harder. He's abusive in his own way.

Well he is the god of lies

It works fine for us. Decadence is a thing few get to do, many want. Lots of slaves. Its just more straightforward about being shitty to people who don't have power.

An older black library book called Daemon World has a neat look at how some chaotic societies do things.

One could argue that it's the goal of every society, with a few exceptions, to achieve decadence as it's really just a matter of aquiring enough prosperity to be able to do other things than bearest survival. It's not for nothing prosperous times lead to an increase in decadence in a population.
Take a supermarket for instance. How do you think a person from a poorer time in history would view, not only the capability, but the ease of which we now adays can aquire delicious food and products from all over the world throughout pretty much the whole year?
A capitalist society, were pretty much anything is up for barter manages just fine, I see no reason why this would change just because the inhabitants decide to start worshipping that aspect.

This guy gets it.

Also, do you remember the name of that book? Seems like a good read.

Its neat. Has a reference to conan pulps, tactical word bearers which is a neat look at how they can be methodical but also fanatical, stuff like that.

>To contrast, Tzeentch is always telling you things could be better if you just make another deal or try a little harder
Is that supposed to be wrong or what?

The thing is, he's already decided if things will get better for you or not. You personally don't have control over your fate once you give yourself up to him.

>I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet that dances to my tune

Nah, it's a vagina(male), the kind that you need a female hemipenis to impregnate with.

I'm saying this not because of magical realm, but because that's probably the most Tzeentchian answer I can give. In all reality, Tzeentch's genitals are probably in a quaternary superposition of at least 4 different types of genitals, probably more. If you blinked, it would probably turn into a duck penis with a fractal geometry structure made entirely out of penis heads.

Slaanesh tried to seduce Tzeentch once. The only observable equivalent to the events that transpired was a Harem RomCom that continued for 27 seasons and no observable payoff. Tzeentch really knows how to blueball.

It's like gambling. He strings you along giving you what you want until you try a little too hard and ruin everything.

Cheers mate!

You saying it like Tzeentch always plans for all of his servants to fail, while this is completely untrue.

He plans for all his servants to fail eventually. Tzeentch even schemes against himself.

No, but he always plans for them to be eternally unfulfilled, unless you're the type who's fulfilled by progress and advancement itself... which just makes you the perfect underling.

They're gods of emotion. Nurgle is a wish to hold on forever, Tzeench is a wish for things to change. Khorne is rage and hatred and murder. Slaanesh is greed. While on a cosmic scale Nurgle and Tzeench are broader, Khorne and Slaanesh are overwhelming parts of who people are and what drives them. Considering the state of the galaxy Khone is on the front of most people's minds.

Codex Chaos Daemons describes him as primarily the god of hope, decay/rebirth and fear of death/motivation gained from fear of death. Stagnation is entirely unmentioned. OP mentions Tzeentch as having hope but Tzeentch is more like despair of knowing nothing you ever do will cause real change, since it will just change again and/or it was part of tzeentchs plan so you didn't change his plan.

>Slaanesh is greed.
Wow, that really came out of nowhere

Don't you mean:
>Khorne; God of anger, rage and bloodlust
>Nurgle; God of despair, fear and mirthful acceptance
>Slaanesh; God of pleasure, pain, want and obsession
>Tzeentch; God of hope, curiosity, ambition and paranoia

If you're just going to cherrypick aspects of the Gods to make one of them look better than I can say Tzeentch is worst God because he's just the God of paranoid scheming.

Tzeentch is the best Chaos God because he's pretty much Chaos personified

Op here
What I meant to say... kind of
Well
Tzeentch is probably the chaos god that is the best for his followers
Drugs and obsession tend to be harmful so slaanesh is out
Battle tends to kill people so khorne is out
Good luck interacting with someone who doesn't worship nurgle. Nurgles out
Tzeentchs whole thing is change
And even on the butt of the joke change tends to be good thing.
Especially in a stagent universe like 40k
And look at the primarchs all the traitor primarchs kind of went off the wall except from Magnus, lorgar and Horus. And the last two are chaos undivided so they don't count.
Tzeentch might be the best god to follow if you can't go undivided

Not that user, but Slaanesh is the God of desire, obsession, and addiction, which all correlate quite well with greed.

>Change tends to be a good thing.
Such a sweeping statement is not particularly useful as the usefulness of change is too dependant on the variables in each and every case. One type of change can be good in one scenario while catastrophic in another.

god of change too user.

You can be married but not for long. Only chaos is eternal.

confirmed

user you will always fail in the end with tzeentch
user you will never be happy with tzeentch
user nothing in your life will ever stay the same ever
If you find a point of happiness you will be thrown down a well of failure because thats the plan
You will always be paranoid
You will always be scemeing against everyone, even your self
If you reach a position of leadership good luck keeping that shit
You will be betrayed over and over
No one will ever love you
But hey, maybe if you make that deal and roll that dice you'll blow up that planet

There was a society of tzeentchian technowizards described in a Black Crusade supplement. Not sure how canon it is, but it sounded like a really fucking solid place to be by the 40k standards.

Tzeentch is not a great chaos god because he prevents honest communication. Amassing knowledge is great, but scheming requires hoarding that knowledge for the purpose of some personal effect when sharing that knowledge would lead to an even greater effect.

They're gods of whatever helps generate the emotions they're composed of.

Tzeentch is hope and ambition and so change and magic.
Nurgle is despair and fear and so endless cycles and disease.
Khorne is hatred and anger and so homicidal rage.
Slaanesh is pleasure and so hedonism.

I doubt it.
Tzeentch is the only Chaos God without a waifu.

>Slaanesh is pleasure and so hedonism.

No, Slaanesh is EXCESS, in all forms of it. Not just pleasure.

Slaanesh feeds off of stimulation and sensation, of any sort and no matter its source. This is part of what makes Slaanesh so scary to the other gods - even though it is currently weaker than any of the other three, they don't know if they'd even be able to kill it, as the sensation of dying might actually make Slaanesh stronger - not one of them actually knows how that would turn out for them, and so they let Slaanesh live (well, also because his support is vital in the Great Game while being simultaneously weak enough to often overpower when they really want to).

>change tends to be good thing.

Sometimes the change is that Tzeentch lets a Flayed One peel your skin off and wear it as a hat.

I would hardly argue this is a "good thing" for the previously-living being that is the hat.

chasing ambition is the only way we find purpose in this life. To achieve ones dream is beautiful, for a moment, and no longer.

A god that provides infinite opportunity for change is a worthy god for worship.

Tzeentch a shit, can't even get a primarch to swear himself (and probably half-heartedly) without putting him between a sword and a hard place.

Khorne is the least bad of the Chaos Gods, he at least has the decency of screwing you over in the face instead of being a filthy backstabber.

Tzeentch is a bimbo slut to be honest.

SHIT. Wrong picture. That's what I get for phone posting.

Why doesn't yours?

What's the name of this artist again ?
I've got heaps of space marine designs from them but can't read their signature

Oh like I totally planded that! It's so according to kekaku :3

Dave Gallagher

Basically the only lesson I'm getting out of this is that the Chaos gods suck. You'd be better off with none of them than any of them.

He's not escaping the Retconnian, sorry m8.

Its the same as any evil deity in any setting.

Its some bad shit in the future but you can get some boons NOW

pmuch this. Lots of people want to think their favourite thing is a good idea, which misses the point of Chaos in the setting. Its not a good idea. There are no good ideas. There's less bad, but the less bad option in 40k is the worst totalitarian regime imaginable to humans.

>Its the same as any deity in any setting or real life.

It's less bad in the same way diarrhoea is less bad than constipation. Not less bad by any objective criteria.

Tru. 40k is all suck for everyone forever, all the time. The only way to get worse than the imperium is to have the same with alien masters instead of humans, total annihilation/consumption or have impossible hell dimensions. Its a bad place.

Nurgle's the god of entropy. Entropy however also covers life, death, disease, and decay - all of these are consequences of entropy.

But yeah, Tzeentch best god. It's canon that Tzeentch was the most powerful god during the Dark Age of Technology because humanity was making so many PLANS, had so much ambition and hope, etc. It's also canon that Tzeentch's fall coincided with the Age of Strife - whether or not it was because he fell or that the Old Night caused him to fall is up for debate.

Tzeentch is a lying douchenozzle, but he's empowered by humans getting shit done and not having horrible lives, in contrast to all the other chaos edgedieties

I notice there's not a chaos god of fear. Is this not a massive oversight?

>No, Slaanesh is EXCESS, in all forms of it. Not just pleasure.

No, excess is not an emotion.

depending on who you ask you may hear that the c'tan nightbtinger monopolized the concept of fear since the war in heaven, despite not being a warp entity; that fear has so many shapes and forms that it falls in the middle of the gods' domains, with each having a bite of it; or that fear, especially the self-crippling type, was an aspect of malal/malice and now of be'lakor being the unofficial replacement at the seat of "lesser undivided entity working to undermine and take over chaos".

He is the god of Lies and you take him at face value?

>Like the only thing bad about him is the whole can't take I'm at face value thing

Yeah let me just devote myself to someone who will 100% guaranteed definetly step me in the back.

No thank you. With Khorne I at least know what I sign up for.

What Chaos God has the best realm?

>Hope
That's why he's the worst. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

>god of change now associated with never being able to change anything
>god of stagnation now associated with changing cycles

At least GW can't possibly fuck up khorne.

>god of change now associated with never being able to change anything
In your head only.
>god of stagnation now associated with changing cycles
Never ending cycles is pure stagnation.

And I want to tear apart a road sign after solving like ten captchas. What the fuck is wrong with it today?

You can switch it back to classic mode

One of my favorite tidbits of background was how Nurgle, a universal god of death and stagnation, captured an alien fertility goddess and locked her in his rape dungeon. Coincidentally, after this happened, the alien race said goddes was bound to began a long, slow and dwingling species death, became well-known for being incredibly wrapped up in tradition and social structure, and have trouble producing children.
Making Nurgle a god of life to his domain kind of upsets this pottery, and its never say well with me.

Why did you put spoiler on a white rectangle?

user, there's no image there. Where is this rectangle you speak of?

It's not hard to imagine Nurgle being a god of life. He creates diseases/plagues and causes parasites to grow and multiply. That's creating new life.

We specified 'edgy', not just teenagers in general.

so why are ou a basement dwelling NEET that cant even paint his mini properly ?

You know the first fucking name after "Slaanesh" ia "prince of excess" ? go back to rolling D20 like the other retards

The thing to keep in mind is that no matter what, any positive emotions of the Chaos gods will typically end up twisted.

Nurgle's aspects of life refers more often to the flies and scavengers that feed off of the corpses of others. Anything born inevitably decays in a slow, grinding, eternal cycle.

Even GW doesn't know which Chaos God is who, really, so you might as well headcanon it based on your preferred level of grimdark and applicability of common sense. You could also just claim that all info made available comes from an Imperial source (which makes sense considering how they're written), who are obviously biased as fuck. You can't be a totalitarian dictatorship if you can reasonably present the pros and cons of another culture and let everyone decide for themselves.

I think the best answer is that while the Chaos gods all have a big central aspect, they are basically infinite in scope and have a lot of smaller facets to them. I mean, there's probably a Daemon prince of Slaanesh whose entire being is collecting wind-chimes and listening to the sound of them, or something weirdly specific.