pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Fyreslayers are cool

Fuck you faggot

Eels, Mae. Eeeeeeels.

So I am building a Soulblight Army and I decided to go with a Draugr/ Norse theme.

I'll be using Chaos knights as my Blood Knights, with Chaos Emblems removed and maybe using some upgrades.

How does this list Look:

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Chalice
- Trait: Red Fury
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Nightmare

Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

Units
3 x Vargheists (160)
3 x Vargheists (160)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)

Does anyone know where I can find out what year model set was released? I'm curious at when some of these sculpts were first made and sold and when they were most recently updated,

Yes they are. Reading their battletome only reinforces that. I really hope they at least get an updated battletome. An across the board points drop is definitely a step in the right direction, but I fear not enough unless they get their own relics and toys

Are moonclan gobbos viable?

I don't give a shit about their rules. No matter how you stat them, they're still an army of gay midgets and it's embarrassing to field them. You can't fix it without remaking the entire model lineup, and that's not gonna happen.

Finished the skin on my Keeper of Secrets conversion because I hate finecast.

Does it look chaos enough or still too elfy?

>I'll be using Chaos knights as my Blood Knights
good luck explaining that to the tournament host

Slaanesh when?
I need to make cummies for the cummies god

a couple months ago I bought and painted a cauldron of blood.

That monstrosity of an eye-sore that is supposed to ride on top went strait in the bitz box and hasn't seen the light of day since.

yours looks better than almost anything I've seen done with that model.

How will GW buff them?

moonclan grots still are the best melee grots, even after the nerf of nets (you can only use 3 nets per 20 models now).

Depends entirely how you play them.

Why don't you just base it and paint it like stone. Use it as a statue terrain piece or give it to a 40k player for an eldar avatar

Sprues and slotta base tabs have copyright dates on them. Solegends.com has catalogues (look under Citadel) if you're looking for stuff from early 2000s or before.

Looks good

tomb kings are mid eighties
empire was late eighties
some vampire stuff early nineties
dwarves stuff was late eighties early nineties
then some elf stuff in the mid nineties
more stuff for someone
other stuff, them more elf stuff later
some death stuff
then end times happened
then fyre slayers

obviously I don't have a clue but am also curious.

What's the policy on using conversions of one model to represent another? It's not straight proxying if you're using a model as a base to build on, right?

I.e. converting a Khorgorath or Plague Drone or something into a Daemon Prince

I am starting seraphon, what are the best behemoths and how good are they?

Bastiladon seems great as a ranged unit that can become a very tough nut to crack with re-rollable saves.

But there are 4 melee behemoths and I not sure which to get.

The carnasaurs look okay but how do they compare to the stegadon? I imagine that the stegadon is better vs hoards and the carnasaurs are better vs elite units. The troglodon just seems terrible, am I right?

Troglodon is absolute garbage. Bastiladons are damn near unkillable if you give it mystic shield and celestial rites from a priest. 2+ rerollable sv that ignores rend. Plus it has a laser on its back that'll wreck shit and if it's a daemon, will further wreck it shit. IMO Bastiladon all day.

What to equip to the tree revenants? Glaive seems to make more sense even on the scion. Am I right?

I like their beasts

Mainly depends on the base size, the model size & the conversions you bring to the mini itself so they are not just elfs dragon prince painted in red for BK for example.
Kitbashing is always a good way to convert models, especially with chaos !

Glaive and enchanted blade are statistically the same. I use the glaive because having less attacks it makes better use of the single reroll.

I like them.

If the base and height match the intended model and it's Wizzywig, and a good conversion nobody cares, if you can make The Nightbringer look like a daemon Prince then IMHO and many people's it's a fucking Daemon Prince. Though, always best to check with a tourny organiser. Base size and height have to be the same though.

>Wizzywig

???

I'm this guy, not trying to be the OP just that was in the name field for some reason.

What you see is what you get, often shortened in Wysiwyg.

It means that if the warscroll has a lance and a shield the conversion should have a lance and a shield.

Bastiladon + Stegadon are in almost every Seraphon list

What you see is what you get, so As long as you're daemon prince has wings and a sword and mark of khorne in your list the converted model better have a sword and wings and be covered in khorne signs ect.

I know what you see is what you get, and wysiwyg, but seeing Wizzywig really confused me. Never seen it before.

For example this is a brilliant conversion, I duno what base size it is on but it should be on a 60mm round base, then height wise a Keeper is around 5'' From the base i'd say, perhaps larger.

Truly a great conversion though.

Sorry i'm used to saying it more than typing it so I just typed it out how I've been saying it rather than its initials. I can see how that might be confusing.

How is mortal nurgle as an army? Will nurgle get a battletome soon?

Moreover you were talking about a daemon prince, & chaos allows you massive conversion since the main idea behind it is change, mutation & disorder. A daemon prince can either be a flying creepy kid surrounded by nurglings (to up it to the right size) or a big spider covered by corruption & dicease

No one really knows. Maybe there'll be some kind of tie in with the Nurgle 40k release in May.

Not the same guy, just someone confused by a term he'd never seen before. But I'm sure it'll help the actual guy.

Yup. Double Damage through the command ability of the grot warboss is too good. If you run bellowing tyrant you now have a squad of gobbos that can hit 3 ranks deep on 4+/2+ that on a 4+ to wound does double damage. Your nets hit on 3 and wound on 3+ with 4+ being double damage.

Gitmob grots use of the goblin warboss (+1 bravery and +1 attack) and the gitmob shaman (+1 wound -1 rend) makes for 3 ranks of goblins who double attack, have a rend of -1 and can hit on 2 and wound of 3's.

Intredasting gents, cheers for the input

I have the Nurgle Daemon Prince model, but I want to field a second one and I'm looking for different avenues to create a more Nurgley DP than the standard kit

Sorry mate, didn't paid attention. Thx

So this message was for you =>

Painting Undead with a snow theme.

What's a good secondary colour?
Thought about using black fabrics and brass weapons but I'm worried it'll look boring.

Blue is a good cool colour. Maybe yellow if you want something warmer?

But blue is the warmest color user

Every casual list, I havent seen a competitive one that hasnt been running bloodclaw and shadowstrike in ages. Just no room for either monster in those lists.

But then again, seraphon are one of those armies with a ton of viable playstyles, its why I like them so much.

Red fabrics with white trim.
Make an army of evil undead santa clauses.

Looks great man.

Whats a good scheme for Bloodbound that isn't red, black, bone, iron, steel, or bronze?

Am I just fucked?

Go for ice theme with blue & white. Frozen bloodbound seems nice in my head

Who else Serves the best God here?

Green

Even the Khorne daemons are green

He is on a 60 my dude.

>Even the Khorne daemons are green

Wut. When? Where?

just awesome, ready to hug the hell out of you !

What buts did you use?

Tuska plz go

This is my inspiration color-wise so far.

My only real problem is models with fabric AND wood since I can't really paint both of them black. Maybe just paint the wood an off white?

>Bloodclaw and Shadowstrike
user you are the casual

Bloodclaw costs too many points and Shadowstrike gives you almost nothing for 120 points. Ripperdactyls are really crappy units, deep striking a squad of bad units into the enemy army is not an effective strategy.

The best seraphon lists are defensive shooting lists that have stegadon/bastiladon and razordon/salamander backed by an Astrolith Bearer, Starseer, screens of warriors + guard, and a skink priest.

The absolute best seraphon list is kroak + vortex but it gets hard countered by TK and stormcast.

>sneaky evil wretched thing that hides in the dark

So what's with the skaven hate then?

The main body is the Cauldron of Blood (I used the medusa for my Boobsnake, pictured here).
So the leftover made me the heralds and this guy.
The horns and the bottom sets of arms/horns are from the Chaos Chariot/Gorebeast Chariot
The Slaanesh icon is from the Warshrine, and so is the back piece
The tail is from the Chaos Manticore lord

Yeah it looks
Brilliant, also made the best of a
Bad sculpt with those Daemon princea I hate that model. Here is my converted Nightbringer DP,
Magnetic weapons which is nice. Also working on two heavy convertions of the Ogroid into khorne DP's.

Same model. Not the best ever done but I'm still only new to converting.

ouh awesome, you are the one with the Sigvald's return theme army. I would love to face it on the tabletop. Very good job , inspiring

That's pretty hot, babe.

Do you have any lists to show?

> Thinking.

That's the problem, they weren't.

>Alpha striking chamo skinks and terradons with rerolls to hit and wound is bad.

Yeah its me. seems like nobody else plays slaanesh

Ever seen game of thrones?

You need to leave.

same dude with the Night Bringer DP I mainly do Khorne but I wanted some Diaz sculpts and have been trying to convert them as little as possible but getting a command in

Ive never played with the army yet.
I'm a dumbass so I am going to have every option ready to go before I actually start playing with it.

Not in the current high end competittive meta. Defensive lists get fucked by mortal wound lists, and there are a lot of those. If youre seeing a lot of defensive lists then your meta is slow. Rememeber that new releases push seraphon down tthe pecking order quite a bit.

Cool. Those look good but I cant deal with metal anymore so I use the regular ones.

word of advice if you play Slaanesh, take hordes of Daemonettes in mods of 30 or use Slaves to darkness with mark of Slaanesh, units of 10-20 daemonettes just don't do the job most of the time unfortunately.

Well, some people are not at ease with the whole sexuality & androgynous aspect of Slaanesh but armies like yours can bring some new followers. How are they performing on battle ? Very fast army if I remember well

I know what you mean, plastic is really all I want, my Metal Nightbringer bugs the hell out of also.

Will keep it in mind.
I'm thinking as assload of warriors with the shrine, and then the mounted lord to let them attack twice. I like mortals best because Sigvald.

yeah a unit of 20/30 warriors with the right buffs is one hell of a fucking force. a unit with 60 wounds and saves v mortal wounds is very powerful, I find having a unit that threatening takes a lot of firepower away from my monsters and into them which is good.

I don't really care about the sex aspect. I'm more into the Excess and perfection thing.
In Sigvald's book hes more interested in wine, killing powerful foes and feasts for example. He has a wife, and it never really mentions sex

Good point, I love the pride aspect sigvald & slaanesh represent. perfection and excess & excess in perfection. I think GW tried to cut this sex part a bit with the new models (the juan diaz models were more about tits)

>using chameleon skinks for damage
Literally playing the game wrong
3+/4+, no rend, 1 damage?

Chameleon Skinks are only good for capturing objectives and killing artillery crew

Thats why you use Saurus Warriors instead of Guard. Theyre more cost effective.

Seraphon struggle against mortal wounds but theyre still relevant in the competitive scene if you play them properly. The have excellent shooting and being able to control turn order is always going to be a powerful ability

(You)

Cool. My experience has shown that Slaanesh wins and loses based on how piling in and hit modifiers are manipulated.

Are sisters of the Thorn better as one unit of ten, or two units of five?

So I've come into the possession of the Battle for Skull Pass Night Goblins.

Upon looking at how it comes with this big boss and the rules say to use the Warboss rules for Big boss, would you say this fellow would play by the rules of Squig and Prodder since he's got a squig and only one kinda moon shaped spear?

It's what I use. I just ask my opponent if that is okay beforehand. I've only had one game where someone said no out of about forty.

its hard to imagine a situation where more than one unit of five is the right choice.

Was there a box that had 3 Sepharon monstrous creatures?

Hello, never done this kind of thing before. Interested in getting a bunch of skeletons or undead or something like that. Except for those Flesh Court things, they're kinda gross.

Anyways, how do I get into this if I want to have a big horde of undead led by a skeleton or lich or something?

You buy a shit ton of skeleton boxes, a wright king, and a necromancer. Necromancers and wright king not only buff the skeletons who hit like a brick in hordes, but also keep them from dying. Then flavor with other units to flavor.

Cool, how many skeletons do I need for an average game?

You're just starting out, so aim for 1000 points.

Get yourself your core, so 4 boxes of 10 Skeletons, to make up 2 units of 20. Then get a Wight King with either a Black Axe or a Baleful Tomb Blade.

Necromancer is optional but does buff your skeletons with a really good spell.

At a thousand, you need at least 2 units of them.

They can have from 10 to 40 Skeletons per unit. At 2000, you need 3 and at 2500 you need 4.

Thunderbeast host is probably what you're thinking of.

Are the spears any good? And I should grab the Champion and hornblower and stuff, right?

Is Seraphon being updated or something? a lot of sold out on the US store.

excellent taste user

working on a bunch of kitbashed blood knights at the moment, basically been looping the WotLK soundtrack while painting them

Spears are the best option, gives you reach, meaning more skeletons can attack at once.

And yes, always grab those. You get skeletons back with them.

As long as there is a small conversion made and that the paint theme fits blood knights, why not? I use the dragon blade princes as blood knights model and they are very fine substitution for the real model, which is shit.

Or are you just a douche?

Hes a douche. Im using some obscure model range for mine.