Ok user, what would you say is your character's greatest fear?

>Ok user, what would you say is your character's greatest fear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQhQ9nfWUGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Having a third casualty in his pokemon team. That's why he doesn't carry around x4 vulnerable pokemon no more.

>Not being strong enough
>Not having a weapon
>That he secretly has no fear
>That he becomes TOO strong
>That he is not powerful enough

That must be really awkward when that happens. How is a 10 year old kid meant to deal with the fact they killed some Hiker's Onix with a bubblebeam?

That everything will go well up until the very last moment.
That would mean all his friends die again, being enslaved rather than employed by the primary antagonist, and eventually going back to the wall of souls again. He's already lost everything at least once, just never everything at the same time.

He is found.

>A five simultaneously.

Dying with his oath unfulfilled.

What he said, but it will eventually become a fear of what his family thinks of him

1st character: Losing a woman he loves the way he lost his mentor. Really, losing anyone he cares about.
2nd character: That all his struggle against tyranny is for naught and nothing he does will ever change the world.
3rd character. That he will die before he can save as many as he possibly can in his life.

I was in a short-lived PTA game where a helping hand boosted bubble took out one of Brock's Geodudes from damn near full health in the weird team battle format our GM was using.
8x damage + STAB was insane.

As a group we decided we just wanted light hearted fun times from our Pokemon game and took death off the table, as a result.

That one day he'll hurt somebody he cares about in a fit of rage.

He has a recurring nightmare involving literal death by snu snu. The only races in his homeland were humans, so when he learned about half-orcs he immediately began to question how they came to exist and spent the rest of the night awake in horror.

Falling out of popularity and becoming irrelevant.

His GREATEST fear? Fuck, that's a hard one.

Kid's an Eva pilot in a specifically horror-themed AdEva game.

Right now, his greatest fear is that he isn't a real person and will be replaced. He found out there is a machine in his chest that is keeping his body from falling apart into LCL again (he and the other pilots were fished out of a lake of LCL left over from second impact) but no one can seem to tell where he was a real person who existed before second impact, who was 'revived'... or if he and the other pilots are just a mashup of totally unrelated memories and personality traits taken from hundreds of different people that THINKS its one person.

In the former case, if his stabilizer flickers he pops like a balloon, but his soul goes wherever souls go and he might even be revived again.

In the later, he doesn't actually have a soul. Just a soul-like object. One that will cease to exist entirely if anything happens to the device in his chest, never to be recovered because it was never really there.

The most terrifying thing to him is that he might tang, and they will just repair and re-use his stabilizer to make an entirely new person that doesn't have anything in common with him and doesn't remember being him at all.

>That he runs of out ammo, heh.

He's pretty fucking afraid of magic in general, but especially the posibility of a witch cursing him.
He's an uncultured brutish barbarian, with a passable intelligence but extreme anger issues and paranoia about all things magic.

Running out of enemies to fight.

He's come to define himself solely by the damage he inflicts on his enemies, so the concept of having no one to fight would leave him without any sort of identity or purpose.

> That must be really awkward when that happens.
It is. My character is not 10 y.o. tho, I'm the group's adult at a whoppin, pas his prime 24 y.o.

I have never caused the death of an opponent's pokemon, and one of my two mines came from a wild spearow's critical hit on a peck. Sooo...

Also, I am a professor / scientist / petrologist, so there is a change I bring them back from the great beyond.

Killing someone who doesn't deserve it. Simply beating someone nearly to death got him to quit the boxing circuit after hearsay hyped his opponent up as a real beast in the ring, but it was just exaggeration spread around by the other boxer and his friends.

Lame as fuuuuuck.

You are being too superficial. Someone like that doesn't define themselves by their conflict and enemies like that for no reason. They are running from something, either physically or emotionally.

That thing they are running from? That's what they are really afraid of. They aren't afraid of not having an enemy to throw themselves into battle against, they are afraid of going off and starting a life and having something to lose again.

This is only war, man.

The only purpose in life he's ever been given is fighting the enemies of man in a grinding war. Before that, he wanted an irradiated wasteland caring not at all if he lived or died, because no one else cared either.

But coming to grips with the enemy has given him purpose, meaning. For once in his miserable life, his life has value, if only to be spent on the blades of the enemy.

To lose that, and return to having nothing, to being nothing, is his greatest fear.

Spiders

> The most terrifying thing to him is that he might tang, and they will just repair and re-use his stabilizer to make an entirely new person that doesn't have anything in common with him and doesn't remember being him at all.

That it's not his kid

Sounds like garbage desu

Death of a team mate, probably. He's a wizard who survived a Ravenloft campaign, so good luck scaring him with monsters and standard horror fare. He thinks werewolves are funny, since Remove Curse doesn't have a save and doesn't require an attack roll. Even an antimagic zone isn't too bad, since he has such a high CON that his HP is comparable to the fighter's, so he could probably survive long enough to escape. The only time he's lost a team mate was from PVP when someone decided to be a dick and murder an NPC the rest of the party liked. So, death of a friend/team mate would be about the only thing to shake him.

Commitment.

>that he's what people say he is

like, maybe wolves?

Failure

All the work he's done will be for nothing. The people he saved will just go on to cause more death.

>How is a 10 year old kid meant to deal with the fact they killed some Hiker's Onix with a bubblebeam?

How is a 10 year old meant to violently subdue wild animals and force them to fight each other for money?

Pokemon trainers are psychopaths. Normal kids don't abandon their homes and educations to participate in a glorified cockfighting tournament.

Those wild animals attack children at random and fight each other all the time in the wild. The fact that they can disobey any trainer they see as "weak" indicates that they retain free will even after being captured or traded. They haven't rebelled against mankind despite being free-willed and some among their number being capable of casually reducing entire cities to ashes.

In short? You're not a cockfighter, you're a boxing coach for a bunch of creatures that exist specifically to fight each other. The League rules regulate Pokemon battles, not to keep the Trainers from going too far, but to keep the POKEMON from going too far.

They regularly kill each other and humans in the wild. They LOVE fighting, and if anything as a Trainer you're keeping that in check.

that someone finds out he's a chicken

Well, they normally get given a super animal of their own to start with the subduing, and the miraculous super technology does whatever's left that you don't want to ascribe to the power of friendship.

>this was supposed to be a mfw thread

Failing his anscetors

For an example beyond Pokedex entries and generalized behavior, look to the Sun&Moon anime.

Mimikyu willingly joins Team Rocket for the sole reason that this gives it a chance to MURDER PIKACHU, and whatever eldritch babbling it keeps doing is blood-curdling enough that Meowth REFUSES to translate it.

>That filename
God damn it user I can't sleep when I'm laughing this much

Losing all of his gold

Dying as a nobody

Dying without flipping the biggest bird to anyone who is above him socially/economically/magically

Faced with this situation, I remembered my wizard had memorized the Banish Vermin ritual and decided he was scared of rats.

His greatest fear? To love again. The last time he did it, he was exiled from his homeland on pain of death.

Loosing his honor.
Not being able to stop his younger brother from the dark path he is taking.
Being afraid.

Thats his top three for sure.

All of their work going to nothing. And it's a LOT of work that's taken a LOT of time.

Becoming just as crazy as the rest of the group.

That all of the spirits he saved would die, forgotten and unworshiped
it might have already happened

His greatest fear is an encounter that cannot be solved by application of axe to face. He has faced this fear several times in our current campaign. Our DM even made a little SAN loss chart to portray his descent into madness when this happens.

Toss up between finding all his men are in fact dead or that the Jedi council was right his master's teachings wrong.

Snakes. No, clowns. Snakeclowns.

Dying alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=MQhQ9nfWUGQ

Now is this a snake dressed as a clown or a clown made of snakes?

I feel like part of this is due to a miscalulation somewhere. Have 2 types both weak to an attack is 4x effective, not 8x. Also stab in PTA is, like, +1 per 5 levels i recall? Peanuts compared to your rolled damage and stat.

Hello /v/

Hell

The former.

Growing old.

Why do you think she's an adventurer? Get lich or die tryin'

I have a couple players in this position.

They're going about resolving it in very different ways.

christ that is unsettling

That's understandable

For number three, he had no need of fear, for whenever he dies he has saved as many as you can.

That one day the mix of poppy juice and gin he drinks regularly will stop working, and the pain will start to seep back into his bones. They say five months, but poison doesn't leave, ever. The one accurate thing that's said about the sting is this: "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Commitment
Dying alone
Both at once.

Galen Vezh's greatest fear is a cage. Entrapment. Slavery to another. This is why he fled his family for the Blasted Lands, giving up his title and treasury. Money is worth nothing if it is only to be spent as you are told.

Mohelius Evilskull McGenocide fears little; his greatest fear is to slight his destiny as Conquering King, and leave mankind a shattered remnant of its potential glory.

Moyolejuani fears the reaper above all else; he stole a chunk of the Heart of God so that he would never die, and is instead working on Peace In Our Time... His timeline is just very much longer than most.

The team not taking his offer to be his servants (on paper) when he was to reveal that he's still fiend pacted and now Lawful Evil.

He cares about the party and doesn't want to have to go full Devilman on them, because opposing him would be opposing one of the more powerful demon lords and would result in them being hunted down.

Especially because the team tank is in love with him and knowing that he's evil would be painful enough.

He fear intense light because it might blind to him of his path

Watching her husband and kids die just like her parents and brothers.

attractive, intelligent women.

Emus and other large, flightless birds.

>Being alone.
>Being unimportant.
>Being useless.
>Being forgotten.
>Being a failure.

Damn, that's five too many characters.

That the power he wields with either turn him into a remorseless killer or he'll lose it and realize he's nothing without it.
He's the only character in the setting with a gun.

women

Being broke and one of the common people.

Having their tendons cut.

Having his hammock sown shut and being dumped into the sea.

That he won't be the hero his daughter thinks he is.

HEALTHY PLUS SIZED STRONK WOMYN

Haha no it's slavery and team rocket proves this

Being buried alive.

Bees.

Encountering the Undead again..

Mind flayers

Why do you think I wear this greathelm everywhere I go? No I won't take it off if I do they can eat my brain!

>"You're not a cleric, John, you're very sick. You need help!"

Having a tree fall on him. He's been killed that way before.

>"Uhhh, having sex with many beautiful women, and finding valuable, non-cursed loot."

Owlbears

That his family gets hurt by any of the shit he's murdered

Not finishing his quest and having his druid circle die out.

His greates fear is to die alone and unloved.

Whatever the fuck it was that slaughtered the town he was supposed to be guarding. Sort of. Simultaneously afraid and really really wants to kill the thing.

Mom.

Dying alone.
His endgoal is to fake inheriting all of the money he stole and go get married in an island

I see what you're trying to pull here. Now, what is your character REALLY is afraid of?

Loosing all his money.

>"Nah man, I swear, it is all in his tragic backstory. You did read my 50 page backstory right?"

He should just tighten his purse.

Roll Will to resist fatal heart attack.