Who are the lamest or most forgettable primarchs and why are they both Mortarion?

Who are the lamest or most forgettable primarchs and why are they both Mortarion?

>Implying that Alpharius and Omegon are not literally the most forgettable primarchs

>implying everyone would forget who they are

The most forgettable Primarchs are the two Lost Primarchs, considering everyone forgot who they were.

Motorcycle Guy and the Legion of Smaller Motorcycle Dudes

Who? Never heard of the guy.

It's definitely Corax. Even Khan and the White Scars are more memorable than Corax and the Raven Guard.

Which is really a shame. Aside from his brooding emo-ness, he's really cool. He beat the Emperor at a game of Regicide, had access to the original primarch DNA to try and rebuild his legion, and was one of the only primarchs/legions to use serious stealth tactics.

Yeah he actually did a lot of cool shit and his legion had a lot going for it. Are they even mentioned anymore in current fluff? I feel like even GW's forgotten them.

Mortarion was manipulated and betrayed by literally everyone he put the slightest amount of trust into and eventually became everything he hated. This is a more interesting character and arc than Black Library has the capacity to handle unfortunately.

>Who are the lamest or most forgettable primarchs and why are they both Mortarion?

>implying it's not the Lion

They recently got a mini-campaign book for the Shadow Force Solaq box which was them hunting down the accompanying Tau box set. It's pretty eh though.

I remember mortarian because he's still fucking around in the real world of 40k

whenever I have to list the primarchs the ones I forget are always corax, khan and manus because they're the least relevant to any given major event.

The funniest part is, literally NO ONE liked Mortarion. Even the Khan had his good points, but everyone was like "Man, fuck Mortarion. You know that guy? What a shithead."

His stated motivation was to get rid of all the 'sick' - i.e. those tainted by the Warp - but the Khan goes "Dude, you are literally on the side full of witches. Everyone on your side is warp-tainted. Who ISN'T? What, you want to ally with Kurze? With Angron? GOOD FUCKING LUCK."

Interestingly, it's pointed out that if Khan and Mortarion fought side-by-side, they had a fair chance of beating Big E.

isnt that the point of them?

Well you also have Omegon that no one even knew about. Guy is really an enigma, since he has literally no loyalties after the incident.

who?

Although I'm a Iron Warrior fan, I think Perturabo is a contender for most forgettable Primarch. He wasn't that unique during the Heresy and he's just been brooding ever since.

The Lion might be bland, but for some reason the Dark Angels are one of the more popular space marine chapters to play.

It's because they've always had super-special rules out the Wazoo for no real good reason.

>implying the Patron Saint of punching is bland

Oddly enough, he seems to be one of the more popular characters in fan-fiction.

Mortarion's legion had literally one trait that set it apart from the other legions; they liked to use Age of Strife era WMDs a lot. Literally nobody in the Imperium liked this, and most refused to do this at all, but Mortarion did it to the point that it's basically his legion's defining trait.

He's not bland, he's just a complete shitter who salted the earth... that he was trying to take over. It was utterly counterproductive and basically the only justification for it was 'well my legion dies from the residual poisoning somewhat slower than anyone else, so might as well, also maybe it'll kill more psykers'.

Mortarion wasn't bland, it's just that his defining trait is being a wretched failure and managing to be an unlikeable asshole in the process.

I mean he... only turned to Nurgle because he couldn't stand the suffering of his legion, right? He has at least ONE redeeming quality, doens't he?

Not even. He just gave up and got bamboozled by his second in command.

>butthurt wolffag detected

Yes, I am Alpharius

What, no-one is going to bring up Ferrus Manus and his Iron Hands? You guys forgot about him in a forgettable primarch thread?

Alpharius is your mother

Eh, he's at least slightly memorable for having that totally not gay bromance with Fulgrim, and being one of the few primarchs that didn't shit on Magnus

I was wondering when I would show up.

I actually like the guy and Iron Hands, it's just almost a meme here that Veeky Forums forgets about him and his legion most of the time.

You guys better not be up to anything suspicious here

You mean Ferrus Manus, who led his Iron Hands with his iron hands?

>>Forgetting your own primarch and also yourself

Of course not, brother! Would I lie?

I would never lie.

It's because he and the iron warriors are one of the most identifiable legions/primarchs - being good at something they don't enjoy aka 95% of the working population

Ah Brother NotAlpharius.

Brother NotAlpharius.

Of course I, Alpharius, wasn't planning on anything.

We are up to absolutely nothing suspicious.

Anons since the Alpha Legion trains their SMs to be everyone do you think they could have terminator or centurion infiltrators?

And fan-art as well.

OI FAGGOT. HOW'D YOU LIKE THAT IRON CAGE?

I was talking about Perturabo but that works, too.

>lamest
lorgar, alphomegon

>most forgettable
that's a four way tie between corax, khan, ferrus and mortarion

mind, corax, khan, ferrus and mortarion are all pretty dang interesting in their own rights. They're just not talked about as much because they're not really controversial.

I gotta admit that until it was brought up, he was completely out of my mind

In fairness, there's 18 and a half of them so....

I remembered the forgotten primarchs, Khan, "omegon" over him.

I really hope none of you forgot best legion

Never.

Man I love this colour scheme

The orks are wrong, blue is best.

>Mortarion
want to build a fluffy HH 30k army with him. What do you get?

2 fuck huge giant tactical squads to walk up the field
a fuck huge squad of termies to walk up the field
a medusa with Phosphex to shoot at back feild
a squad of those destroyers with Phosphex to die very quickly
and maybe a quad mortar with Phoxenix to shoot at back feild

If you were the Big E where would you send Mort? Swamp planets and the shit not fortified enough to send Perturabo. If the the planet was actually fortified, Mort couldn't handle it behold just launching life eater virus at it and walking to it slowly.

I guess he was sent to fight the unnamed single planet xenos that people considered to dangerous to use the planet ever again. and that folks, if what we have exterminatus for.

And besides, his first captain is way cooler than he is by far.

I sometime consider making a white scars army and telling everyone they're my homebrew chapter.

Don't you have some wolves to fuck?

Does Pert misses Cathayan sauce?

mortarion was pretty fucking smart though , he's probably one of the most knowledgable primarchs when it came to the emperor's plan's.
He also hated the emperor's hypocrisy because of this .
His giant fucking flaw was that he fully believed in the survival of the fittest and in the end he failed at that twice , once when the emps saved him from his adopted daddy and again when he succumed to nurgle. It's kind of dramatic really , before his ships got lost in the warp they where probably the least corrupted traitor legion

You do know Russ had El'Jonson beat right? Read Wolf King and it shows that Lion got rekt by Leman

Alpharius and Omegon are memorable because they are still a mystery. There has been a pot prize among the Traitor Legions for 10k years for whoever figures out exactly what the fuck those two were all about.

But Mortarion? He was just an angrypantsman who became a tagalong. Nobody really remembers or cares why he rebelled, only that he cried like a little bitch for mercy in the Warp and now everyone has to deal with all of his sons smelling and pouring forth endless streams of shit forever. Can you fucking imagine how much of the colonized Warp is banned to followers of Nurgle? How would Chaos cities even have functioning sewer systems with the Death Guard around?

Sewers are where they live. Chest deep in unimaginable filth. Sewers in a city with Death Guard around would be like the unholy porta-potty at the state fair right next to the deep fried ex-lax/durian booth.

Mortarion was based AF, why the hate Veeky Forums?

How could you forget Iron Hands of the Iron Hands, the man with iron hands?

>Russ had El'Jonson beat

You probably would have had more luck with "Tau are relevant" trolling in the general.

I'm probably gonna get flack for this but Konrad Curze is pretty fucking laughable

He's like edgelord supreme right up to his death which he allowed to happen for no reason at all

Lamest: Russ and Kurze
Forgettable: Ferrus and Alpharius

The thing about the Alpha Legion is that a lot of their plans are needlessly complex. Like, sometimes a fist to fucking face is the right solution.

It's exactly what happens with Dorn and Alpharius. Dorn says, at one point - "Alpharius, you did everything right. Absolutely everything. But I knew it was you, brother. I will ALWAYS know it's you."

They just can't seem to account for when things go utterly, catastrophically wrong. It's not that they're bad fighters, it's just that if they have to fight without a sucker-punch, the plan is already fucked.

Curze is really insanely stupid for one reason.

His whole THING is "Dad's going to send an assassin to murder me, his own son."

As a matter of fact, the Emperor doesn't! The Emperor is not in any shape to send an assassin after Kurze, he's on the fucking Golden Throne trying to prevent demons from fucking everyone. Kurze's assassin is sent by the Council of Terra, who don't give a shit about his daddy issues, they just want Kurze to stop flaying people and eating babies.

>For a moment, all Russ saw was the opportunity. That last impact had nearly taken his brother's helm clean off - he could leap to his feet, shove him back to the parapet's edge, press the advantage and beat him down to his knees.

Book? Page?