Amonkhet spoilers

What will it be, Kamigawa 2.0 or standard's savior?

Hello, where are the curse defenders from several days ago? This is what you want right?

>implying Kamigawa didn't have cool legendary card interactions and one sided flip cards.

I liked Kamigawa.

Kamigawa was the fucking shit man. Sure it had some shitty mechanics but it also had a metric fuckton of interesting cards. I wish they do return to kamaigawa but WotC dont have enough balls to do it.

am I the only one who wants ablock set in the P2 setting?

Nightstalkers were cool.

Don't take any offense in this, it's just that the current situation is awfully similar to the Mirrodin/Kamigawa one
Artifact set that breaks standard
Standard bannings

Amonkhet will either fix standard or suffer the same fate as Kamigawa no matter how many cool cards it has and how many EDH players love it

standard dying would be good thing. a more casual community would be a good change of pace.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen because guns.

>one of the strongest planeswalkers, basically a spacetime muscle wizard gets restrained by two random nobodies
What am i missing?

>how can a 4/4 indestructible guy be blocked by a 1/1

hmmmm

Is that a fucking Mythic?

Good riddance.

one random nobody is enough

Gideon accidentally triggered a cutscene and now the mooks have the kind of plot power that lets them capture vidya protagonists that were effortlessly waltzing through their comrades not minutes ago.

> p2
> guns
Care to clue an user in ?
The only gun i can recall is the one on goblin sharpshooter.

Portal second age and it's just some triggered /pol/baby shitposting.

No offense taken user. Im pretty aware that people didnt like kamigawa partly because it proceeded mirodin, didnt gel with the standard and was "under powered" when put next to mirrodin. Which is a shame really because they really made a concerted effort to make the cards in kamigawa different and interesting. And yeah ive also had the thought amonkhet could become kamigawa since i first saw it announced

Thanks

If standard dies mtg dies

Good

>what is Limited

oh I know this one!

40% of the playerbase but only 10% of the sales!

MTG is like those mobile games. They make their money off of only 5% of the players that will cough up big cash. Not a lot of people play standard, but they're the ones keeping the business going.

>invent another rare slot
>fill it with shitty cards

Pure kikery.

If every mythic was good they'd make less money
To maximize profits they have to make only a select few mythics amazing so that people and sellers open up product to meet the big demand for this one specific card

Mwahahahahaha

Ascension of the Second Sun

If ~ was cast from your hand and you cast another spell named ~ this game, you win the game. If not, you gain 7 life and put ~ back into your library as the 7th card from the top.

Wut? Arnt limited players constantly cracking packs?

This is retarded but I can see forcing turbo-fog for it in limited

WE

what is it with all the 2 mana 4/4s in the set?

WUZ

This is such a lame rare

>4/4 lifelinker
>turn 3

If we're going to follow that pattern it'll be ok, because from the ashes of Kamigawa rose Ravnica: City of Guilds which was the fucking tits

Well, I guess control has its win-con now.

>4/4 every other turn
>dies to all of the removals
yeah I suppose its decent at best for seal-
>rare

I really want to make a jank Curse casual deck.

Won't see any form of competitive play but at least it's unique
That's the first card I like out of the whole spoilers so far

You didn't like As Foretold?

It's not all that jank if you do it right

Also set looks good so far, don't know why people are so worried it'll end up being shit. Exert is a pretty okay mechanic in the big picture.

Too slow for standard and does retarded stuff in modern
It's a poorly designed card

>Always Watching isn't a thing

>Walking ballista isn't a thing

The last 10 years, apparently.

He's swole but doesn't have super strength or anything. He's just an invincible dude who's pretty strong.

It will probably be banned.

>male angel
>mythic embalm creature

>3/4
They literally just printed a 4/4 flying sphinx with built in scry. The fuck is this shit? I'm going to be as disappointed cracking this bastard as I was when I cracked platinum angel-lite.

Doubtful. Snek shoots itself in the foot with all the -1 counter generation in amonkhet, since it will also double those.

But then we run into the whole "does anyone play it if nobody plays snek/ballista" dance, where they will bounce in and out of the meta.

Ballista will still get played though. But ballista for 1 or 2 on turns 1-4 isn't that bad and won't stifle that many decks.

>dude angels
Is this Time Spiral 2?

You aren't thinking the way Wizards thinks unfortunately.

You know what, you're not wrong.

Zombie angel is a neat creature type. Otherwise I really wish it was a 3/5.

>on the plane that was created by the super evil bad guy of Magic the angels are male

What did they mean by this?

>malachim
I am perfectly okay with this

Unplayable trash even if you get it for """free""" with embalm
What's up with WotC printing terrible angels recently? Isn't it one the favorite creature type for casuals and collectionners?

They just want kinkshame and avoid pandering to mummification fetishes

>collectionners

>An Angel
>With a dick
Completely revolutionary.

That doesn't look like Gideon to me. Just some guy in amonkhet armor.

Thank you contingency plan.

It doesn't even have to resolve, only be cast!
Fuck!

The second one has to resolve.

It's a story spotlight card so it's above 90% that the guy in back is Gideon

>Wut? Arnt limited players constantly cracking packs?

They're not cracking enough packs to open playsets of Mythics.

The real money comes from the singles stores opening entire crates.

Hello

>14 mama to instantly win the game

Ah, come on. It's not THAT bad. There's likeā€¦
>New Gideon
>New Liliana which I personally like
>Meme catsnake
>Kefnet, the Shitty but Not as Shitty as Hazoret
>Curator of Mysteries
>Regal Caracal
>Drake Haven
>Soul-Scar Mage
>Manglehorn
>Aven Mindcensor
>Battlefield Scavenger who may not be too good but still is a red bear, exert lord
>Nest of Scarabs
>Lay Bare the Heart, bad card, awesome art
>Flameblade Adept
>Cocodrile of the Crossing, big hasty green is rare and cool amo
>Archfiend of Ifnir
>Glorybringer
>Sacred Cat
>Trial of Ambition
>Trial of Strength
>Cartouche of Solidarity
>Cartouche of Knowledge
>Cartouche of Zeal
>Hapatra
>Temmet
>Failure /to/ Comply
>Insult /to/ Injury
>Mouth /to/ Feed
>Dusk /to/ Dawn
>Throne of the God-Pharaoh
>All monuments except for Kefnet's and Bontu's

There's plenty to enjoy in this set even if it's not cookie-cutter stuff like what Aether Revolt brought to the table. Definitely isn't as bad as BfZ was.

In fact, so far Amonkhet is better than SoI too. I wouldn't say it's better than Kaladesh. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

>Poorly wrapped chicken wings
>Still has flying

>male angel
>when the ONLY other male angel in all of MtG was Gabriel Angelfire
>when, aside from said exception, angels were previously confirmed to be solely female
???

Seems okay, but I'm not sure its fast enough for outside of limited? 1 card every 2 turns, 3 mana for free every other 2 turns seems decently solid as a grinder engine for limited.

What about Radient?

Alternate Universe.
All color shifted cards are from the alternate universe that collided with ours during Planar Chaos. (see: red Akroma, who was alive at a point in the timeline long after our universe's Akroma was already dead)

Janky, but pretty cool otherwise. I just want to know what combat tricks does it fuel.

What?

Radiant was female.

EDH card

Pays itself in a turn, and generates pretty good advantage every turn after that. Although that means you will not play anything else on turn 3/4, and will only give you advantage around turn 5/6.

Cute card but way too slow, I'm happy to see simic get some love anyway
When was the last time simic was playable in standard? It feels like years

Thank god for curses, the only redeeming part of egypt plane. Now if only they would combine them with traps, we'd be set.

Make Angel
>Magic is DEADDDDD

Yes. Curses are cool and this is a fun card for them. I wish it kept the naming convention of 'curse of _____' but this is acceptable.

I remember Maro saying that curses were slotted for SOI but didn't make it in so I'm reasonably confident these are just leftovers from that.

The way this is worded bugs me.

This could have cost 1 less and been a 4/5 and it would actually be kind of playable, but of course not.

Can he be Bolas sex slave as well?

>free cards
>free mana
Why is UG so cancerous

That would have been busted.

that would have been way too good you dumb mook

card's fine as is

Yea, it's awkward, but it's essentially:
>does this have a counter on it?

>yes
> remove it and get 3 mana

>no
>draw a card and put a counter on it

It would've been better that this barely-normal-rare level card.
They even showed a 2UU 4/4 with an upside at normal rare already, and blue never gets efficient flyers.
This could've easily been 2WW 4/4 or better if it's a mythic, but no, Wizards is shit at determining power level.

Oh I understand how it works, I just think the wording is inelegant.

Are you serious?

I'd only dream of playing a card like that if it was a 1WW 5/6.

Are you really the sort of moron that would play a 2WW 4/5?

nah mate you're the one who's shit at it. you don't make a fucking 4/4 flying oblivion ring for 4 with flashback you idiot

>I want there to be even more chase mythics

J A N K !

2WW for a 4/4 flying Nekrataal is not an appropriately costed card.

2WW for a 4/4 flying Nekrataal that draws you a 5W 4/4 flying Nekrataal when it dies is also not an appropriately costed card.