/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Booze Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Ascended Sleepers and Ash Vampires

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Madstone_of_the_Ahemmusa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madstone_(folklore)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No waifus/husbandos except for Ascended Sleepers and Ash Vampires
Challenge accepted.

>[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Just updated. Some spells were adjusted and the Dwemer army ambiguity was fixed.

Other than Gortwog, are there any politician Orcs who have people and social skills and not just "OOKA BOOKA SMASH" skills?

Gortwog is special.

>Dwemer army ambiguity was fixed
That's a quick delivery.

>Gortwog
Who?

Founder of Orsinium during the Third Era, important member of the conflict of the Warp in the West, great diplomat even as an Orc, and he managed to convince the Empire to give rights to Orcs and treat them as citizens.

Well there's the smiths. But no, no significant orc socialites. Though Lord Rugdumph does try.

>he managed to convince the Empire to give rights to Orcs and treat them as citizens.
So him is to be blamed for that...

Would you drink Guar Milk, anons?

>"[Guar Milk is] mucus that they slather their fresh eggs in to keep the shells moist against the incredibly hydroscopic ash and bitter salts of Morrowind. The mucous is fairly rancid when first disgorged but it "ripens" over the incubation period of the eggs and serves as a source of nutrients for the little guarlings upon hatching. Also a popular dressing among Hlaalu, especially, as a sweet, sticky dressing for pastries like whickwheat cakes."

The only person who had both the means and the ability to save the Orcs from themselves.

Thanks, user.
I had to look up the definition of hydroscopic for that one, which leads me to ask the following:
How humid is Vvardenfell? You'd think the swamps are fairly humid, and might be because of the hills separating most of the Ashlands from the Bitter Coast and West Gash; however, out around Lake Marandus the Ashlands are present in full force.
I think the BC is humid, but not Florida-humid; think midwest summer humid for most of the shores in summer, while the Ashlands are traditional dry heat. I would speculate further that Sheogorad is a dry cold, as it never gets snow but can be exposed to ash blowing across the sea. I wonder if there are ever large floating bodies of ash in the waters at times?

What's Elsweyr like?

Smells of caramel and cat urine.

Holy Vehk

Scorching deserts, dense jungles, cats everywhere. Tends to be ruled by a divine hairball.
Anything in particular you're wondering about?

Mostly the structure of cities and settlements. Where do the catmen live? What do they eat?

the cities of elsweyr are said to be made of large wooden pylons in strange shapes coated in ornate carpet so the khajiit may cling to them with their claws and climb about

>typing on a phone
Kill me. I'll answer in more detail when I get off this train.

Most catdudes live in cities, the most important ones being Torval, Senchal and Rimmen. Architecture varies, and we don't know too much about it, but the Mane's palace is built of lumber, and has large sugarcane gardens. So Torval, which is where the Mane lives, is likely more traditionally Pelletinian in style.
Senchal has been everything from squalid and filled with slums to a more attractive city with a great number of expensive mansions. The Akaviri Potentate had a palace there, so there would be some Akaviri influence, though the city is cosmopolitan.
Rimmen is a city of ivory stone, canals and domes, in a markedly Akaviri style. Holds the massive Tonenaka shrine, with ten thousand statues.
A more traditional Anaquinan city might be something like Dune, but we don't know for sure.

Then there's the rural population. Particularly in the south, Khajiit are agricultural and work the fertile soil. The areas that can produce moonsugar are especially important.
Nomadic tribes are also found, and can at times be powerful. These are particularly widespread in central and northern Elsweyr. Elsweyr has a lot of internal trade, but little shipping, so many also live as caravaneers.

The balance between north and south, as well as between city and rural, is politically and religiously (no real difference for the Khajiit) important.

Universally Khajiit live in large family-clan or family-tribe units, like small communes. This is necessary because of their many shapes, and for example raising children is a communal responsibility.

Khajiiti food is varied in the sense that there's no dietary restrictions, but it is almost uniformly sweet. Much sweeter than other races prefer. It varies from just straight up cakes to sweetmeats. Which might be actual meat.

Ok, now I want to play a game set in Elsweyr. Too bad most if that would be left out.

why are Bretons so good at being merchants, /tgesg/?

Why do you think they are so?

Has anyone run a game of elder scrolls unofficial? What kind of scenario did you do and how'd it turn out?

I ran a game, my friends shitty dark elf wizard derailed the entire thing, and eveyone else went along with it. he casted icarian flight, not knowing he would take fall damage and died in the process of jumping over a gap

ha just like in actual morrowind.

My guess would be the constant rivalries vying for trade along an influential coastal region helps support cut throat and shrewd business acumen

Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong

Is there an official crown or headpiece the emperors wore? Or was it just the Amulet of Kings?

Give me life expectancies! For man and mer!

In Oblivion, Baurus mantions "Red Dragon Crown" (but that's just jewelry).

t. The Devil of Dagoth

I've noticed in both Oblivion and Skyrim that there are a lot of dunmer/imperial and dunmer/nord couples. What makes dunmer spouses so common?

Moonsugar can be grown agriculturally?

>What makes dunmer spouses so common?
Its against their religion to be afraid of doing something new.

I ran a little thing in True20 that didn't last. It was pretty much drailed from the get go. The players decided to all play fucking Kahjiit. It was slated to be a little globe-trekk-y, eventually getting to Yokuda for plot reasons, but I never got that far. Between Life getting in the way and LITERALLY FUCKING CATS it was pretty doomed...

They are promiscuous when they are young.

I'm running one weekly that is loose with the plot structure and honestly I don't think it's going well. The players don't seem to have any drive to explore like it's an elder scrolls game.

>all khajiit party
That sounds fucking great.

Urag gro-Shub I'd say, but he seems to be more, "ooka booka I make atronach smash you" instead of super smart and politics.

The Gourmet I think. Enough to win a High Rock Bretons respect and admiration.

Aside from that most seem brutish and uncouth.

damn, I love how creative Bethesda was with Morrowind's foodstuffs

How the hell can an orc cook better than a Breton?

He intimidates the ingredients into arranging themselves into something tastier than what he can normally make?

Like Krod intimidating the wood.

Help lead them in the right direction if they seem lost

Dunmer women are known sluts.

She might be married to the Nord farmer but in reality she's getting banged by the Wood elf stable boy, the Orc blacksmith, the Red guard merchant, the local Imperial officer, the Breton court mage, the Thalmor agent and just maybe even the pair of Khajeet&Argonian thieves.

That one Dunmer in the Thieves Guild, Karliah, think she was banging the entire guild behind her lover's back?

SHE IS A WOOD ELF YOU DUMBAS!

She's dunmer. She's also ugly as sin.

They all have 5heads.

Because Orc's are actually a lot better than Bretons
Bretons are really the human equivalent of Mer, with their snobbishness

Is there anything really known about House Sadras and their customs?
Or is still that all that is known is that they usurped House Hlaalu's position after Hlaalu got fucked

That's not Bethesda.

That's all.

My favourite idea is that it's just another Ra'athim front, or a resurgent House Mora, but that's way too cool to actually be the case.

I check a bunch of archive terms every day and the update has been ready for months, otherwise.

It sounds really fun.

Here's how I'd pitch a all-Khajiit or majority-Khajiit campaign:

>His name is Ri'Sava-Dar, but the Imperials know him as the Crimson Cat.
>Some of you remember catching glimpses of him, his auburn hair caked in blood, before his thugs chased you into the desert. The day he killed your Clan Mother for her Secrets. The day he slaughtered your Clan.
>It's been two years since you ran, since you escaped. But time does not heal all wounds.
>Ri'Sava-Dar is a faithless crimelord, an affront towards Gods and Clan, and you've finally confirmed that he's relocated to the Imperial City.
>To find him, you will have to deal with his criminal empire, be it as virtuous heroes, or by beating him at his own game. He has wealth, connections and muscle, but you have hateful cleverness.
>Most of you will be kin of some sort, scarred by what he did to your Clan. Others may be adopted family, associates, or even non-Khajiit with a grudge. It does not matter, you're all brothers in arms now.
>As the ship reaches quay in the Imperial City, you're all united under a single set of goals.
>Whatever the means, whatever the cost, the Crimson Cat must die, his name must be tarnished, and his empire must be conquered or destroyed.

>TL;DR: The players are a group of vengeful Khajiit hunting though the Khajiiti-Imperial underworld. Depending on how the party acts, they can try to be vigilantes or become ruthless criminals themselves, likely walking the line.

Jew Balls

Does Berserker Rage make them good in bed?

>Drain Attribute: Agility 100 pts for 60 sec
They'd put their penis everywhere except where it should go.

been working on a thing for Morrowind

does anyone happen to know anything more on the Ingenium? not a lot of shit to go off of other than what's in Infernal City

>Fortify Attack
Nope, it goes where it should.

If we go by Skyrim, they also take half pleasure but give twice as much.

Do you think there's a reason why Numidium is named that? Numidia was an irl North African country of the Berbers around when the Roman Empire was still kicking. You think there might be any significance in that or it just sounded cool to a dev?

Speaking of Numidium, why the fuck does the Totem of Tiber Septim look like this??

If Dagoth Ur had been destroyed at Red Mountain and the heart freed from his darkness, the Tribunal would be the best worship system. Prove me wrong.

>But Sotha Sil said to her, "The old gods are cruel and arbitrary, and distant from the hopes and fears of mer. Your age is past. We are the new gods, born of the flesh, and wise and caring of the needs of our people. Spare us your threats and chiding, inconstant spirit. We are bold and fresh, and will not fear you."

>And the new world we shaped was glorious and generous, and the worship of the Dunmer fervent and grateful. The Dunmer were at first afraid of their new faces, but Sotha Sil spoke to them, saying that it was not a curse but a blessing, a sign of their changed natures, and sign of the special favor they might enjoy as New Mer, no longer barbarians trembling before ghosts and sperits, but civilized mer, speaking directly to their immortal friends and patrons, the three faces of the Tribunal. And we were all inspired by Sotha Sil's speech and vision, and took heart. And over time, we crafted the customs and institutions of a just and honorable society, and the land of Resdayn knew millennia of peace, equity, and prosperity unknown to other savage races.

What do yall this are the most iconic swords of Tamriel? Which is your fave and why do you love it? Same for any staves in TES

Always been a fan of the Bloodskaal Blade despite how underwhelming it was in the game. I dunno why, but I guess I just like greatswords that shoot beams in general (i.e. Ragnell).

that one is pretty neat. I really like Chrysamere. Cool name, cool reputation, my kinda claymore

If The Tribunal had been destroyed at Red Mountain and the heart freed from their darkness, Dagoth Ur would be the best worship system. Prove me wrong.

Looks like some cocoon, where does that appear?

Also, I wish they gave more importance to the Talos Cult in Morrowind, maybe not yet another religious questline, but still.

It was in Daggerfall. Pretty much the remote control for Numidium only royalty or spiritually powerful people can wield

Someone give me a thorough rundown of tonal architecture, I wanna steal it for a Mage game I'm joining

I'll play Daggerfall when Daggerfall Unity gets finished...

Give me more

fuck off anime

>my dick is now a tentacle riddled with eyes and suckers
I can't

Enjoy the Divine Blessing

Are Bretons the most civilized of the races of man?

Not so fast Imperials.

Considering they regularly go on an autistic tard rage against orcs, no.

What's it from then?

yeah, my guess is that they kinda fulfill the same niche that Hlaalu did; trading and artisanry

About the Kamal, I remember having read somewhere that Kamal survivors found themselves in Elsweyr? Anyone wanna help with that? Would seem really interesting that a bunch of snow demons would chill with cats in the desert.

good luck waiting 5-10 years

Great, now we've got bara Numidium

NO
NO
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
NOW THEY'LL COME HERE AND THEY'LL FUCK US ALL

It's too late, Numidium has already come to lift weights and fuck your dad.

But Numidium IS my dad
Oh no
Dad broke his spine he's
He's trying to fuck himself

How do I Dust Adept in UESRPG?

Didn't mean to reply.

Too late, Numidium fucks your dad now.

Just a writeup from a certain Morrowind modder.

I don't think it's in the corebook, so you're probably going to have to wait for the updated version of the Arcane Arts supplement.

Besides from being an ancient Akaviri relic, was there anything special about the Draconian Madstone? To me, it kinda looks like it's made out of dragon scales. Wonder why it's called a "madstone"

Also, if this was dropped thousands of years ago by a member of an invading army that died in a tunnel between mountains, how did a Nibenese countess know about it? How could anyone have?

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Madstone_of_the_Ahemmusa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madstone_(folklore)

>How could anyone have?
Magic. Clairvoyance.

>Though ostensibly its own kingdom, Rimmen still pays tribute to the Mane of Elsweyr, from whose realm it seceded in CE812 during the Interregnum. Earlier, Akaviri refugees had fled persecution when the warlord Attrebus briefly aspired to the Imperial Throne. Attrebus, though he lasted no longer than most of the pretender kings of that period, thought he might rid Cyrodiil of the foreigners who had ruled it for the first half of the Common Era, and he drove the Akaviris past the Empire's borders into Elsweyr. The khajiit granted them asylum in the hills and steppes of northwestern Elsweyr, where they dwelt in relative seclusion until remnants of the Dir-Kamal resurfaced in Cyrodiil, seizing the Throne from Attrebus' successors. The Rimmen (literally, the "Rim Men," as the khajiit called them) joined their brothers to try to rebuild the Empire. This effort was doomed to failure, but not before the khajiit attempted to reclaim their lands in a series of bloody border wars. Currently, since the ascension of Tiber Septim, the hapless Rimmen have once again submitted to the protection of the Mane, with a renewed tribute paying for the Cat Lord's guarantee of their independence, a truly weak reed upon which to lean.

And with the kitty cat dead, I assume they're fucked right? Didn't the Thalmor kill the Mane?

That excerpt was written in the Second Era. Rimmen is and has been a Khajiiti city for centuries by the Fourth Era, which is when the Mane is assassinated.
Though Rimmen still has a history of independence, seceding from Elsweyr again in the years after the Oblivion Crisis. It's probably part of Anequina now, as Elsweyr has been completely dissolved.

I always thought so.

Vivec admits that even WITH Dagoth Ur's drain on his powers making them closer to mortal they had already started to lose their sense of connection to their subjects and were becoming "inconstant spirits" in their own right.

What IS a Dust adept? I just know they're Telvani and have a special helmet (Which is actually the worst of the Telvani helmets stat-wise.)

ESO