Uber: The RPG?

Has anyone considered running Uber as an RPG campaign? I'll have to admit: the setting, and the concept, is great - though the writer's SJW mindset keeps getting in the way, and it's being resolved in the most boring way possible.

I can see it being run with the PCs as a small team of Cruiser / Destroyer-class tankmen 'behind enemy lines', with the express mission of wreaking as much havoc as possible.

Admittedly, it's not as flexible as, say, Godlike and the PCs are a lot less varied...But I think there's a good idea in it somewhere.

Also, despite the writer's attempts to emasculate straight white men in favor of stronk womyn, minorities and homosexuals, Patrick is best boy.

OP, you're not supposed to throw /pol/ shit on your own post. Keep it down if you want actual discussion instead of shitflinging.

To be fair, it's not really a slur. The same writer's done The Wicked and the Divine, which is basically a liberal wet dream come true.

Haven't read that, but haven't seen any actual "emasculation" in Uber. Having other characters besides straight white men does not equal "emasculation" in my book. Besides, there's only like two "stronk womyn", katyusha and that britbong researcher who's just a badass normal. HMH Churchill and that german battleship whose name eludes me are more of a tragic characters.

Doesn't sound like anything better than Godlike, and probably much worse. Why bother?

Hell, it was even mentioned that US was reluctant to test their negro population for eligibility.

Well, look at the three American Battleships - Razor, Veron, and Other Guy. Razor is explicitly the coward of the trio, while the cripple is the most courageous. (Even though, from a narrative sense, Razor is the protagonist.)

Also, look at the Nazi battleships. Siegliende - Sympathetic. Gay Nazi battleship - Sympathetic character. Heterosexual male Nazis battleship? Completely unsympathetic, no redeeming qualities, punched out by the gay one.

Female researcher and Alan Turing? Protagonists. Duncan, researcher who discovers Cruisers / Destroyers? Shot in the back of the head by the annoying redhead who is the heroine.

You know that if Garth Ennis was writing this, the protagonists would be McNally and Butcher from the Boys, Frank Castle, Nick Fury from Fury Max and the guys from his Battlefields / War Stories comics.

It's hard not to see a pattern.

Look at the filthy SJWs come to defend their literal cuckbait.

Its a garbage media made to pander to legbeard feminazi gendernuts. Fuck off and stop ruining the most glorious generation of all time.

Wait, glorious Commissar Russia is a woman? That's bullshit.

Yeah for this supposedly ultra-rarity in people being able to undergo the process just what is the statical chances to both be gay and survive the process? Must be like the chosen snowflake for that to happen.

see

OP you're not supposed to derail your own fucking thread

Anyway. You totally could run Uber as an RPG campaign, ideally on a front that hasn't been viewed in the comics (see: China, Italy, Spain, Northern Africa, South Asia). It's a fertile ground that easily lends itself to varied character builds, with the only problem being that you couldn't really "progress" your character, since once you become whichever type of Ubermensch you are, there's nowhere really to go. But there's cool story potential in an altered war.

Even better would be to go beyond WWII and do, say, Vietnam with Ubers, and have Uber Marines burning the forests down instead of Agent Orange or some shit.

Alan Turing is a major character. The problem is, so is General Patton.

You have General Patton as a superhuman, and you don't give him a fucking issue to himself? Bullshit.

Uber Vietnam (and Godlike Vietnam, for the matter) both sound great.

I'm not exactly sure how you could run a game about driving your car around and picking people up, but I'm sure with some imagination it could be fun.

Like crazy taxi but even weirder.

It's the comic about superpowered Nazis, not the app.

Your primary mechanic should be that Nazis get a +9999 luck bonus and if Nazi characters are still losing the GM must introduce a new feud ex machina

oh.

sounds kinda generic then.

>how can I have a powerfantsy without women and homos?
Just don't have them. You know you can play make believe any way you want with your friends right? Play any super heroes game. Or any generic with a high power setting.

To take the bait tho, is it bad that there's one comic about people who fight nazis that aren't directly suppose to appeal to you? What about that bugs you? There's literally 60+ years of stores about white dudes beating nazis because being a white american is awesome. Its probably fine to make a comic about something else.

It's actually great and possible SJW crap doesn't spoil the fun. It's awesome when this happens.

That's not SJW shit, that's realism.

1940's America would be wary as fuck of giving blacks superpowers.

>Razor is explicitly the coward of the trio

He has PTSD you moron.

Also, his brother and HMH Dunkirk were fucking excellent people.

It's not like white dudes are the only people that get fucked over either. Look what happened to HMH Churchill. Literally useless despite having not one but two minority points AND having the narrative force of being an angry Jew in a WWII story.

>Look what happened to HMH Churchill
The Golem of Prague yada yada.

>There's literally 60+ years of stores about white dudes beating nazis because being a white american is awesome.

Yeah, it is. That's kind of why I want to run it without the women and homos, yes.

In a normal story, the Americans would be gutterstomping everyone now. Godlike has WWII play out exactly the same, but the fine details change because of Talents.

>Siegliende - Sympathetic.
She stopped being symphatetic after burning many cities, now she hypocritical cunt and being fucked over by Ukrainian goddess will not change it.

Patton may have issue for him soon, something about stuff in north Italy (ignoring Italy was also some of criticims of this comic too).

>not wanting women or homos
>being this incel

That doesn't answer the question.

> To take the bait tho, is it bad that there's one comic about people who fight nazis that aren't directly suppose to appeal to you? What about that bugs you?

I like the concept, but I think the execution needs work. It's as simple as that. Not to mention, it'd be perfect as a gritty, MAX-imprint style series like Garth Ennis' better works. That shit would literally write itself.

Besides, it was WWII. Straight white men did 99% of the fighting.

So the execution needs to be more like what you want? There's already Two-Fisted Tales, Our Army At War, Sargent Rock, Commando Comics, Sargent Furry, Blazing Combat, Battle, GIjoe, and that's not even comics with capes in it. Everyone and their dog in a costume fought hitler in golden age comics.

Just take superheroes and put them in ww2. Its been done to death.

Why does it matter to you if there's one comic that isn't what you already want and have lots of?

You're sort of talking in circles here, man. I like the core conceit and the setting, but I don't like what they've done with the story. Some of the characters also feel like 'diversity hires'.

It's like how I think - say - boatsluts would be a lot more interesting if Japan used them during WWII to attack and sink ships until the Allies found a countermeasure.

You can remove all the diversity and liberal values, and you still get a solid story about men being made into walking superweapons.

Ah, I got it. I'm asking why you made a /pol/ thread when you could have just asked about ww2 superheroes and gotten more conversation.

Report me if you are so offended, see what happens

>u mad bro!

If someone tells you to stop shitting your pants in public it's not because they're mad, maybe you'll figure that out someday

Just do it, Canadian

Its chill, I'm not offended, I was mostly curious. Your op seemed like bait but it wasn't. You just like a thing different than how it was made and can't separate liking it from hating liberals something.

So we settled it, we both enjoy the comic while keeping to our views. That's a good thing.

To be fair, that guy's not the OP. I am.

You're presenting a false dichotomy, because it's not 'worship liberal values, or be /pol/'. You can think diversity is mostly bullshit without burning crosses on someone's front lawn, you know.

And I'll be frank: I think it's mostly bullshit. Most of the people pushing liberal values are mentally ill.

This could have been a good thread.

I doubt that very highly. OP wanted a /pol/tard thread, that's what he made, and that's what we got.

Not going for that angle. I was mostly curious about why who ever made op made it about sjws when they could have made it about what they wanted to talk about. Unless they wanted to talk about disliking sjws, push conservative values, etc. The intent confused me. I think because it seemed earnest but undermined its own intent.

Why not both? It's possible to discuss the Force Awakens, while going "Rey sucked, a male lead would be better. Also, John Bodeya looks like an ape."

It is a good thread. What are you talking about?

You really think it could have been on this /pol/ suffused website?

I think, because part of both (either both really) is seen as /pol/ on Veeky Forums so it shoots the thread in the dick from the get go.

I usually try and ask people why they did a thing when it confuses me. Not 'why' as in 'you shouldn't do this', more interested in the thought process and aim. I'm probably autistic, it helps me figure out why people do stuff.

>I can see it being run with the PCs as a small team of Cruiser / Destroyer-class tankmen 'behind enemy lines', with the express mission of wreaking as much havoc as possible
Sounds almost like Deathwatch session

Uber is a terrible comic without bringing any of this political nonsense into it, so no.

To be fair, it actually hurts the idea of racism by showing it's primary failing. Rather than have another battleship you waste time indulging prejudice.

Rather than have another battleship you get powerful uber you can control and take out if he goes rogue. USA doesn't lack in manpower, they can afford these safety measures.

any battleship could go rogue, selecting only by race is silly.

Seriously, user? Seriously?

This I can agree with. But the question wasn't about the comic, it was about running an rpg in the setting, which by itself isn't that bad for running supers in WW2.

That's not how you say Patton

This has gone from simple bait thread to counter- and counter-counter-baiting, good job.

>No mention of HMH Dunkirk

I'm also disappointed we probably won't get to see any more of those two British Ubers. I liked having some "ground-level" viewpoints to see some of the action from. After the Battle of Calais they're probably dead through.

Uber blew up my home state so it can fuck off

>Besides, it was WWII. Straight white men did 99% of the fighting.
I guess Asia and Pacific don't count as WW2 anymore.

At a certain point it has to become easier to form your own thoughts and opinions than it is to memorize all of those buzzwords.

At first I read that as "Ubik: The RPG" and got hyped. Now I'm just disappointed.

Last thing I managed to read online of Uber was the subs surfacing. Has there been more since then?

Dunkirk was best character in it. I still hope his sacrifice will not be wasted and HMH Churchil will be revelant and do something for Allies efforts.

In fairness, the Allies seem absolutely determined to make her as useless as possible for !!SCIENCE!!. The answer would be 'give her a halo or two and make her into the fucking Incredible Hulk'. Instead they wanted to keep giving her Strength and it took the Doc intentionally burning out her ability to take more doses to stop them.

Uber Invasion comic, /co/ have regular story time of those. Last one was this week.

Well shit, no wonder I didn't know there was more, I was still looking for 'uber' and nothing thought to say 'actually check invasion now'.

>since once you become whichever type of Ubermensch you are, there's nowhere really to go
not necessarily true
you may be locked in on raw power but if you can work on your manipulation of the halo field you could get some good mileage since it is capable of not only disrupting but manipulating matter

Okay I went and read Uber: Invasion and oh god it's literally still just 'the nazis win because winning, everyone else is functionally retarded with no intelligence, literally or figuratively'.

Eyep, unfortunatly Uber droped in quality in last issues before Invasion and going downhill even more, now its getting better but it will take alot before it become good and it's still can be worse.

We can only hope that Gillen will get out of his system this desire to have super nazi destroy America and story get more balanced and get Nazi losing again.

I say if both German battleships will get out of this alive this comic will be waste of time reading.

Yeah, it's getting worse recently. I sort of understand OP's frustration, because fuck that shit, they've been chasing their tails for five fucking issues.

He had all of ONE PAGE and no speaking lines.

I'm Chinese, and I'm pretty sure we got fucked left right and center. Not much of a contribution to the war, we just got shit on by the Japanese non-stop. China was hit so bad, there are two 'lost years' where no-one kept any records because it was just chaos.

>How is it emasculation
>The British are utterly wrecked in every action and the blame is put entirely on Straight white men.

Yeah, in theory it should work, but it doesn't because the writer wants the British to fail at everything.

Issue 5 is better than Issue 4 a little and alot better than Issue 4 by having some kind of victory and progress for Allies.

China was huge drain of Japan manpower and resources, if it was easy conquest Japan could be trouble for Allies in mainland even in 45.
Also there was still alot of fighting from Chinese far above 1% and we still have Japan itself (and rest of Japan countries what had fight in or solders from fighting).

Uber is a shit comic so no, it couldn't have.

No it's not, they made no progress whatsoever. Then they found out that a Japanese Battleship had showed up, too.

I forgot about all the negroes and women directing the British armies in WW2

It's such a shame, too, it's at the core a nice idea, who doesn't like world war 2 super powers? But at every turn it just fucks itself, how it sold enough to avoid cancellation and get a second series now just baffles me. God damn Avatar Press shits me.

Basically this. How do you make such a great idea not-fun?

The worst part is that it's not even 'The allies have good ideas but the Axis have better ones'. It seems to be, constantly, 'The Allies are fucking idiots to make up for the fact that the germans are even bigger idiots'.

I mean, I could go pick up some ACTUAL WWII Superman/Captain America comics and get better writing for both sides.

I really wanted to like this comic, since it is an alternate history story about super-soldiers, but it just turns into fuck the allies Nazi's win just because we have to keep the war going
Literally the only reason for half the German's schemes succeeding is because the hack author needs to churn out more issues and can't figure out how to do that without asspull deus ex machina bullshit

It's a bit nonsensical how the Germans seem to have unlimited resources, while Britain and America can't find their asses with both hands.

I mean, a Battleship storms London and survives to make it out, when it should be a fucking suicide mission. Then Germany suddenly has Blitzmensch.

You'd think the Germans would be forced to rush their Battleships around Europe in order to ward off the vast number of conventional soldiers taking out the Nazis.

It is a problem of most altWW2 works, really. If you give Hitler new toys too soon, the war either plays out like it went because every one gets their own toys, or Germany takes over the world. If you give Hitler toys too late, there is either some kind delay until Germany loses, or Germany takes over the world. There is little in between such as a multipolar world with Germany, USSR, Japan, USA and the Brits trying to futher themselves without starting a war or something like that.

>it just turns into fuck the allies Nazi's win
and yet the best girl hails from Ukraine

I can't even understand what you're saying anymore, /pol/. English, please.

>You'd think the Germans would be forced to rush their Battleships around Europe in order to ward off the vast number of conventional soldiers taking out the Nazis.
They had regular tankmen for that.

He's saying - "Even though the focus on homosexuals, women and minorities is both anachronistic, inaccurate and deeply disrespectful of the actual men who fought and died in WWII, Social Justice Warriors will flock to defend it despite the obvious flaws in the comic. This is because it fits their agenda."

But so do the Allies! America and Britain, by sheer numbers alone, can muster massive amounts of tankmen with little issues.

I should run a quest on /qst/ or something, based on the premise that the PC is the first British battleship discovered (alongside Patrick) and things just go terribly wrong from there.

I foresee it ending at the Battle of Paris, regardless.

I'm not sure how much more disrespectful you can get than "everybody except for the Nazis dies like a BITCH"

>But so do the Allies!
Nazis had headstart in research and better commanders.
>America and Britain, by sheer numbers alone, can muster massive amounts of tankmen with little issues
Both had issues with utilizing said resources. Would British raise Indian ubers? Probably not, just like Americans are wary of their own minorities. Also Mahatma Gandhi battleship of peace with 18 halo units would be fucking rad. And both can very well find traitors and fifth column among their vast ranks. Then comes logistics and its issues.

Also you seem to forget that Nazis fucked up their first battleship much harder than British and they were in much dire situation to begin with.

>everybody except for the Nazis dies like a BITCH
Wat

But the Nazis would have even less. They're literally only drawing on their own population. How many able-bodied German men are still fighting against the Allies at the point when Uber begins?

The American forces alone should be able to muster up vast numbers of enhanced humans. Even if they're only drawing from the same 'pool' of ordinary soldiers (and maybe women), that's a fuckload.

At this point, the Nazis are fighting everyone. Their only real advantage are the Battleships.

Not that guy, but impression I get is that literally the only reason the Nazis are winning anything but Pyrrhic victories is the battleships. Battleships take a long time to get up to speed. The Nazis have 3 at full power whilst the Allies have 1 totally fucked one, 1 in progress, 1 they just found and haven't even started on, and 2 they're refusing to take up to full battleship level anyway. Not forgetting the 1 they tried to send in before he was actually ready and that went swimmingly.
It's a matter of time before the allied battleships are ready but until then they're left twiddling their thumbs waiting until they have the firepower to even harm the Nazi battleships.

I actually understand it - Like, Nazi Germany has the research advantage because of the Geltmensch, and the three Battleships are just so much of an advantage they literally can't be stop.

It does feel narratively unsatisfying, because most of the plot comes down to "The Allies have to twiddle their thumbs until they get their own Battleships, and the only way to preserve dramatic tension is for them to fuck it up."

It's like, once Razor and the two negroes are up to speed, there's really no way the good guys can lose.

Same for when HMS Churchill was defeated by the two Destroyers or whatever: There's no way to tell that they're not Battleships. But it's still frustrating to read.

>The American forces alone should be able to muster up vast numbers of enhanced humans. Even if they're only drawing from the same 'pool' of ordinary soldiers (and maybe women), that's a fuckload.
How many of said fuckload would refuse to fight (war is dangerous even for tankmen) or turn out to be Nazi or commie sympathizers or dissidents or Jehovah witness or other kind of loonie? Nazis got a depressed widow, secretly gay hero who dodged death camps and hates Hitler and useless sadist, whole crew of undesirables.
>Their only real advantage are the Battleships.
Yep, and whatever cool toys alien technology has in store for them like uber agents.

HMH Churchill is the saddest thing in the entire fucking comic because it's so tragic. By all rights, she should have been the equaliser that halted the Nazi advance. Instead they just fucked her up, even knowing HOW to unfuck her (Halo doses) and still refusing to, to the point where burning out her ability to take any more doses was the only way to get them to stop fucking her up any more.
But she's still alive and still trying, she's just very aware of how useless she is now and how different things should have been.

Technically they didn't. What's-her-name just gave her a normal activation so she has 1 unit of halo. She might not be fully activated, in fact.

It could be worse