Is your character left-handed, Veeky Forums?

Is your character left-handed, Veeky Forums?

Yes. All of my character.

Because I am left handed.

Give me character art, Veeky Forums. Character art of left handed adventurers.

I'm a southpaw rl, so a decent amount of my characters are left handed as well. Main one was my shadowrunner, who would fight with his right hand until he was impressed by someone.

Of course they are, I'm left-handed as well.

the picture is bait but my first character was left handed because it was "real" medieval europe and he knew magic.

>Is your character left-handed, Veeky Forums?
No, not really.

Argh, I feel like I should recognize this armor set - Doom Light maybe? Or one of those D-grade junks?

No, she's ambidextrous.

No, they would never be so sinister.

So they are dexterous?

KEK

This

No

Interesting! I played in a GURPS game where all mages tended to be lefties, with mage 1 being ambi, mage 2 lefty and 3 being a lefty with a right handed penalty.

Yes, actually. The character's a, uh, reverse-projection of a mirror-image.

how can mirrors be real if your character isn't real

my character is right handed, but their left eye is dominant, so they shoot with their left hand.

Doesn't look so left-handed to me

This is shooped by the Sinister Internet Alliance. She's right handed.

Proof is pic related

My character is a monk, so he's pretty much ambidextrous

Someone help this girl, she's shrinking!

I make my characters left-handed whenever they have a tragic backstory, it really hammers the point in.

straya, cunt!

Left-handed people are cursed by the gods so no.

Well, I guess so. He's also right handed, so...

>see pic that do you like
>left click
>edit
>select flip image horizontally

it's not that hard man

If you had more than 2 hands, would you still have a single dominant hand? Or would all your left or right hands be dominant?

No. My character does not have hands.

The first one is trained ambidexterous, as elves are supposed to be better at everything than everyone and being able to use a sword in each hand is a lot harder than it sounds.

The second one, I honestly never thought about it. They're a punchy monk so they never really had a need to have weapons, but I suppose righty just because that's the hand he's holding stuff with in the art I have.

The third one is definitely a lefty, because they're a necromancer and I felt using the old "left-handed sinister" bit would work for them.

Get rekt.

He's ambidextrous.

Yeah, just about all of my characters are left-handed.

Robot hands do not need a handedness.

Depends on the system. IRL, I assume one side, but systems usually go with one hand.

Warpriest isn't. The brawler is trained ambi after losing her arm and taking a while to get a fancy artificial replacement. The SR mage is.

Actually yes, I thought it would be fitting quirk for a Witch.

Ambidextrous, but prefers to shoot left handed because his left arm is his leading arm and is more heavily armored.
Setup is like pic related.

Depends on what he's doing.

Only when by a PC :^)

South paw best paw.

I am left-handed and so are all of my characters.

Fight me rightyfag.

This.

My barbarian is left handed but was a bit ambidextrous since he was trained to use a sword with his right.

Southpaw here. Every time I make a character, I consider making them left-handed. But I decided that I was only going to do that for a truly special character, one that I felt significantly close to, one that I could consider, for lack of a better term, my "main" character.

I think about it every time, but I haven't done it. Not yet. I've had lots of characters that started out as a joke, and developed into something great, and I've had lots of characters that I put a lot of work into, but none have been left-handed yet.

Truth is, I'm scared that if I try to make a character that special for me, it'll just turn into self-insert.

My Dwarf Fighter is left handed. He was right-handed, but in his early adulthood his right hand's fingers had half their length torn off while he was quite intoxicated. He still doesn't know how it happened.

>Always put the weapon on left hand in equipment section of character page
>If game doesn't have that just write it in the characters backstory

And thats that, just because I'm left handed doesn't mean I gotta go full austism on it.

Most of my characters are ambidextrous, either naturally or via training, because I like to dual-wielding, be it rapier+dagger, sabre+pistol or something weird like falchion+katar.

I'm thinking of making my next character left handed, problem is our characters always seem to be hit in the left arm and become useless on crit which would drop my sword arm and not just my shield arm.

Use a shield with the left arm.

On average, left-handed people die at a younger age than right-handed people

Left-handed people are also said to think more with their right brain hemisphere

Niiiice.

Oh and I believe it is bullshit
I'm a left-handed person and I am always focused on details. I work as a scientist and have problems showing and understanding emotions

Left-handed-ness is actually a valid concept for Duelist like classes, because of the wiring of neurons in the brain the right side is for creativity but the right side of the brain is connected to the left hand and vice-versa. So Yes my Duellist is left handed. Also he is an artist so it works.

Yep. I had to spend points if knowledge(gun maintenance) because most guns are built for right handed people. When the GM did some research and threw in a PS90 I was pretty happy. It was a little thing you know?

Somewhere between a third to half of my characters have been lefties. I decide on character creation, depending on what fits the character best.
Unfortunately, it's been so long, I don't remember which I picked for my current character. Too many long gaps. I think she might be left-handed, though, it fits.

I'm a right-handed person, and while I do have a passable career in STEM, I enjoy creative activities (especially music and roleplaying) much more.

It's zodiac-tier bullshit, no need to comment on it

Not since the other grew back

In Skyrim he is :)

Why does creativity compliment the play style of a duelist?

Same

On top of that, there was this one study about the prominence of lefthandedness, the warlike nature of a society and survival chances. I read this over a decade ago in high school so I don't remember the exact article that the article I was reading referenced, but some researchers looked at various African tribes and how many people in them were lefthanded. In some relatively peaceful tribes only 1/10 tribesmen were lefthanded, but in the more warlike tribes up to 1/3 could be lefthanded.

I don't know whether the lefthanded really use their right brain hemisphere more or not, but the explanation in the article is that being lefthanded gives a huge advantage in melee combat. Most warriors use their right side to attack and their left side to defend in general (in its most optimal form: shield on the left [though of course shields were also used offensively] and sword on the right [though of course swords can also parry]). A lefthanded person on the other handcan directly attack the enemy's defensively weaker side (his right, the lefty's left). Of course the opposite also applies, but the lefty is probably more used to fighting righties than vice versa.

I imagine a lefthanded duelist would have an easy time catching his enemies off guard.

Yes you are correct. Even in an unarmed fight a left-handed person has a slight advantage against right-handed people. Left-handed fighters usually box in the southpaw stance which is quite confusing for other boxers.
The same goes for kickboxing by the way