Which player is worse to have in your game?

Which player is worse to have in your game?

Players who make threads like this.

Both. Anybody that writes either of those alignments on their character sheet is going to be a lolsrandumb asshole, who's just looking for a consequence free alignment where they can do whatever they want.

The only acceptable alignments are good or lawful neutral

>not writing true neutral on your character sheet because you're fucking tired of dumb alignment arguments

>played neutral evil beguiler
>paladen used the "seed of evil" idea to be a vigilant for common bandits
>true neutral wizard killed civilians every other combat
>chaotic good ranger ended up a murderous robin hood
>somehow the least fucked person in party, avoided killing people and the worse I did to someone was mental torture with illusions.

I seriously don't understand why people think alignments must be acted on at all times, chaotic folk can afford not to he kleptomanics and so on. Someone's alignment is determined in a few moments in their history, there's a line between evil, dick, and Sunday morning villain.

>Lawful Good
Every time someone makes a lawful good character they're generally a /pol/adin looking to use whatever means they can to justify the murder of whatever ethnic group they hate and is vaguely represented in game.

>Chaotic Good
Usually borderline illiterate fucktards who try to turn the game into some mockery of Les Misérables or reenact Great October.
Just. Fucking. Stop. Make a character who is interesting and fuck the alignment system once and for all.

You specifically, Greg. You are the worst.

Any aligned character has a 50/50 chance for either "playing this alignment well" and "I'm a huge cock- sucking shitlord"

>LG
> Benevolent Hero
>or Lawful Retarded

>NG
>all around Good Guy
>or Only Good When it Suits Me

>CG
>Champion of the People
>or "What do you mean I can't stab the tyrant in just court surrounded by guards?"

>LN
>I follow my own strict code of ethics
>or, Lol! I'm Judge Dredd!

>TN
>Walk the Middle Way/ 8 fold path
>or, I can do anything i want with no alignment restrictions

>CN
>Vigilante dealing out deserved retirbution
>or, Chaotic lol!random stupid

>LE
>I follow my own (twisted) code of ethics
>or, lol! I extort that guy and kill his mother

>NE
>The ends justify the means
>or, IMMA EEEEBBIIIILLL

>CE
>violent force of nature
>or, I kill that guy and that guy and that guy...

They're all good and bad in mostly equal parts.

It's because, like many things in D&D, alignments cause brain damage over a period of time.

Shit DM's use alignment as a means of beating players who go outside the lines too often, which the game encourages as a lot of classes have alignment restrictions and a kill switch that the DM can use to bring a player's character down to normal just by orchestrating events so that people of the "wrong alignment" end up falling sooner rather than later.

Then in response, players become conditioned to follow these alignments at all times, lest the DM beats them and throws the kill switch, so LG becomes lawful stupid, CE becomes self-destructive morons who commit criminal acts because it feels good, TN just kinda exists while the player is on their phone looking at their fb messages, and everything else is just varying flavors of chaotic-stupid, lawful-stupid, stupid-good, or stupid-evil.

So we end up with power-tripping DM's and THAT GUYS playing to stereotypes with no moderation.

anytime i played with someone who was chaotic neutral they thought they could just do whatever the fuck they want without being evil and not have to own up to anything, or are trying to be randum like "le dedpool". usually both.

I'd honestly say the split is more 20/80 or 10/90 considering how many fucktards exist that play D&D.

Honestly, the only times that I've actually seen a character that pulled off alignments well were characters in stories that specifically ignored alignments for the sake of character development.

The people who judge or make characters based on alignments alone instead of constructing a character concept and assigning an appropriate alignment to simplify explaining their mindsets to fellow players.

I really need to play bioshock again.

The worst player is one who doesn't participate. I absolutely hate backseat players, they bring nothing to the table, and expect to be entertained between their half assed attack rolls. These are the guys who drone on out of character about needing rest before the next grease/sleep spell, or play champion fighter and use attack like "oh it's my turn lol", or even worse, the thief "I slip into shadows because LOL I'm a thief guys." Seriously fuck off, this game is a team effort, stop playing it as an MMO. Alignment has nothing to do with it. People stopped lolrandumb paladin falls along time ago, murder hobos get tpk'd by angry railroaders, it's old, tired. Chaotic neutral, neutral even, are fucking welcome. Be suspicious and ego driven. Don't be good guy or bad guy, show some fucking gray morals.

I get 50/50 from my own experience DMing for the last 8 years, but I can't really refute you. I mean, who wants to take a gigantic survey of "which alignment is wirst and why" which would be based purely on anecdotal evidence? Alignment is a huge crock anyway that's split between "objective universal forces", and "this is how this person NEEDS to act"

Also, my definition is "well" is "not completely retarded shit", so there's that.

>Seriously fuck off, this game is a team effort, stop playing it as an MMO.
Ironically, you'll find more teamwork playing in an MMO than you'll find within D&D as a whole, mostly because there's no incentive towards paying attention when it's not your turn while in an MMO, every second counts since everything happens in real-time and if you're not paying attention, you could easily end up dead because your tank died, you drew aggro, you got silenced, etc.

this. ive always looked at it as more of a guideline or a two word summary of moral standing that should be more of an afterthought then an endall. also good and evil alignments for most people should be more like actions of selflessness vs selfishness.

nothing wrong with true neutral as long as you have a legitimate character goal

>Here's my list of character goals that are well thought out, thematic and game appropriate

Said no player ever.

In my experience, it's also new players with misconceptions of how these games work that cause these issues. They see stupid dnd stories about lolrandumb "hilarity" and nat 20s. They come in thinking they know what the alignment system is all about. I dislike the alignment system because people don't tend to agree what it means, and new players use it to be retarded. I've played with great players who designed characters, then assigned alignments. I also played with somebody who said chaotic evil characters HAVE to play like the Joker

Almost all of these problems would be solved by the GM and his players crafting their characters together.

This is a good post.

I would add for TN:
>I am neutral therefore I have no free will to act in any situation.

People who sit out on all decisions drive me up the fucking wall. Then complain OOC when we decide to do something. Holy fuck, I wanna rip.

The worst player I've ever had in a game is a human. I can't fucking stand them. They sit there and breathe air and convert it to poison, sometimes even coming out of their ass, and just age. That's all they do: Age. And release some dangerous liquids from their skin. What the fuck, why do they do this? I suppose I can say they at least use a coaster.

>TN Druid master race

I propose a false flag attack: burn down the camp of refugees to distract the guards of the evil duke and infiltrate his tower.

The one that plays an alignment instead of a character.

my goal at this point is to let the campaign go as smoothly as possible, I will do that by avoiding alignment debates at the table like my life depends on it

>playing d&d

Whats wrong with lawful evil?
It can be anything from your character being a merchant who always sales overpriced or faulty goods or even a character who is a racial supremacist. Like a dwarf who hated everyone else.

>TN
"I do what's best for me, but I don't go out of my way to be a dick to others."
>CN
"Fuck you, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can do what I want."

What if your DM doesn't let you be good or lawful neutral?

Everyone worships Atropus

/thread

CG

This. I don't get why people hate True Neutral, especially faggots that think it means 'you represent neutrality and need both sides to be equal' or complete apathy.
Fucking looking at you, Spoony.

I'm not sure if these people who say TN has to be a mindless drone or someone who "just wants to protect the balance and stuff, man" are just trolling or not. That shit is just as bad as saying LN has to be Judge Dredd and CE has to be Joker.

>Playing Icewind Dale multiplayer
>Friend has a TN mage
>Fireballs our party in the middle of a fight to balance things out because we were winning

>TN
>"I do what's best for me, but I don't go out of my way to be a dick to others."
Sounds good to me. I'd say True Neutral characters can essentially be good, they just won't stick their neck out too much for it.

Yeah, I have no clue where people are getting the idea that True Neutral is apathetic catatonia or obsessive compulsive schizophrenia. True Neutral is just normal people, sticking out for friends and family and personal goals but wouldn't take risks for a stranger without compensation, but I wouldn't count on tg to know what normal behavior is.

This. Fucking this.

>Pathfinder party
>CN Alchemist/Druid, CN Rogue, CN Ranger
>We're basically just generally good, but like to loot and hate following super-strict rules, so we chose CN because the DM won't question our actions as CN
>and a Lawful Good Paladin
>Thanks to DM fiat, most of his bullshittery chaotic-dumb actions are fine so long as he can finagle the wording in a way that don't break his rules
>Has run away from a losing battle, leaving the rest of the party (who won the fight) before, had to be told to run back by DM because "You're the first one in, and the last one out of battle."
>Has gone on a drunken bender
>Has gotten into a pit fight during said drunken bender
>Nearly got the party rogue blinded permanently due to being unstealthy and entering the same room at the same time while they tried to stealth in
>This happened a second time about one session later
>Characters in party have said, multiple times, "if you get one of us killed with your dumbassery, we'll kill you and complete the quest ourselves"
>Believes fully that he would be in the right to kill us in such an event, and thinks his anti-evil (only anti-evil) spells would totally work against us
I wish he had just played a barbarian, I really do.
I hate alignments so much.

>Pathfinder party

That's your first mistake.