D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Starter-Spells.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses
sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
No meganon tools and no megatrove today, /5eg/.

Other urls found in this thread:

astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
buluphont.github.io/5etools/5etools.html
media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PH-Errata-V1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=VaUyJyPekJE
youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U
youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM
youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS
youtube.com/watch?v=FUy0JusaqD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Druids
are
GHEY!

Dragonborn are gayest

Fortunately we still have our priorities in order.

stat me

Fuck the guy who hurt mega user

What happened that he took it down?

F

Two current rehosts of 5etools

astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
buluphont.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

This time not including the Roll20 shit that drove that autist into such a mad screech that he fractured the internet

No word on a backup of Megatrove yet however.

F

Also what race does everyone hate the most??

Half elves: the most generic and boring race of all time

Note that 5etools is going to eventually get remade by another party and that the MEGA is duplicated with other parties. That being said, kinda overkill to add the Roll20 content, if not ambitious

>This time not including the Roll20 shit that drove that autist into such a mad screech that he fractured the internet
Good boy

Holy fucking shit, are you OP, or you're really fucking fast?

As a Half Elf, fuck you. Its Tiefling. Wanna draw out the weeaboos and potentially even furries? just see who plays a Tiefling

Tieflings and drow. Just too snowflakey and used by snowflakes/that guys alot.

I want to play a character like him. What's the best race/class combo for this?

no, I was watching the argument in the other thread tho

I'm also canceling my subscription to roll20. Fuck those kikes.

>This guy is gonna keep rping as a Roll20 employee

Hey do me a favor and put a trip on so I can filter you.

Give us a few weeks and it'll be back

Half Elves and Dragonborn.

I don't even know what I'm looking at here!

>Implying everything won't include the Roll20 shit now
>Implying they won't shotgun it everywhere they can just to spite Roll20

they could have prevented this

What happened with roll20 and the trove?

Why not have a mega without roll20 stuff and a mega that specifically only has roll20 stuff?

It's moving away from standard business practices to dickish behavior though. The books are worth that much because they're "original" content, you're just copying their content and charging again for it.

Maybe he's that faggot store owner crying about the mega trove.

So how is giving Warlocks a "FREE" +20 damage through Agonizing Blast to Eldritch Blast not OP when WotC had to make a fucking errata when they learned Sorcerer elemental Affinity was doing the same stuff on a lesser scale to Scorching Ray?

>Half elves: the most generic and boring race of all time
thats why i replaced them with merfolk

Roll20 is autisticly screeching because people don't want to pay them for stuff they already bought. So they started legal action against megaanon.

The hollow knight from Hollow Knight, a metroidvania indie game. It's fucking great, buy and play it. I've sunken more than 30 hours into this already, trying to complete and collect everything.
Also it has cute bug waifus.

Show me this errata user!

Damn what a world with live in

Its been this way for a while. Bottom Left, "Elemental Affinity" under Sorcerer

media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PH-Errata-V1.pdf

Holy shit, Meganon sounds ominous ("I am MEGANON") as fuck. He's like a final boss.

I'd like to join the 5etools team if possible!
Y'see, I love this source and I manage to find spelling errors often. Please, how do I join the development team so I may help by OCD spellchecking everything?

Posted it in the last thread, but;

Any guides for someone almost completely new to D&D? I've played a few games with my friends in highschool, but that was second edition and the only people we played with was ourselves, so I'm not too sure if our style will mesh too well. I've heard that online is a good option, which I would be open to. Would my best bet just be to go buy the latest player book and then try and find a skype group around here?

how do they even know who he is?
thats what you get for not being user
expose yourself to internet niggers who want money

They'll never learn.
This is what happens when you try to shut it down.

that's some bullshit right there

Has anyone looked at the content from the 5e homebrew tumblr and the content from there?

as a player or DM?

Even better is some fag is rping as a Roll20 employee in the threads so it's gonna be a shit show for a while.

Acquire the Player's Handbook and give it a read.

Go to a local game store if you have one, and they'll probably have some sort of bulletin board with ads for D&D groups if you're lucky, if not, you can always ask the employees if they know of any groups. If you can't do that, you can search for groups online.

>Homebrew
>Tumblr
It's like double trouble.

dude stop making new threads when the old one is only on page 5 what the fuck

Would you bed this qt3.14 goblin warlock of Verenestra who was made beautiful in exchange for a lifetime of service to the Archfey? And her beauty became a curse because her goblin husband thinks she's ugly now and won't have anything to do with her, so she's forced to wander and she makes love to humans and then moves on.

...so would you lads bed her?

Probably because Sorcerers get multiple attack spells early on while Warlocks have to wait 5 levels?

>buy

No need user. We have all the stuff you can download as PDFs. Also lots of tokens if you want to play on roll20 and use that stuff for free.

what are "5e tools" anyway?

From the way it sounds they just want him to not put their precious tokens into his uploads so hopefully it all blows over for him.

It's the internet and money is involved, unless you're paying for VPNs and shit you can be found.

Some of those are okay. Most of them are absolutely fucking terrible, overpowered bullshit

>songs to listen to as we mourn mega user and make tons of mega accounts with the roll20 stuff in spite of roll20

youtube.com/watch?v=VaUyJyPekJE

youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM

youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w

He wasn't exactly subtle about who he was on the discord and he streamed his roll20 sessions, advetising it in the discord.

I'd rather kill her and take the loot and exp

>For the brief moment when we though 5etools was gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

This is true. Shoulda stayed anonymous from the get go with the 5emegaanon title, but hindsight is 20/20 and the glory to go with the title is too good to pass up for any man

iunno i just DL'd the pdfs so I can ctrl+f

I've watched bits of the Roll20 streams, they were excruciating. Holy shit.

Streams from the Roll20 peeps rather.

And a song for that "roll20 employee"

youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Because WotC only like wizards, they hate sorcerers, and actively try and remove anything about them that makes them shine above wizards. Even without the errata they're still not as powerful.

Nuking shit with their elemental affinity was THE reason to play a draconic sorcerer. Even then fire, ice, and lightning (in that order) were the only real options to pick unless you don't mind gimping yourself because they can 't be assed to give sorcerers a half-decent spell list which includes elemental spells.

The errata also makes no fucking sense.
>I summon tiny meteors. Oh... but one of them will be slightly more powerful than the others. I haven't decided which one yet.

I errata away the errata in my games and allow sorcerers to change some damage types of certain spells and/or steal certain elemental spells from other classes like wizard and druid because with the small amount of spells they do get, they should at least have a decent pool to choose from.

what the fuck was he thinking?

how can you be "megaanon" when you aren't even trying to be anonymous?

Yeah, shoulda stayed the masked super hero.
We still love you meganon. Hopefully someone else *wink wink* will put on the cape.

Arms of Hadar any gud?

It kind of reminds me of Dark Sun in that bugs and bug parts replace most things.

>Fuck qt elf girl
>Oh fuck she preggo
>Mermaid comes out
>Wat

nope its trash

>well, I mean, we all came from fish originally right
>fuck you, genetics is complicated

You weren't the actual rather, clearly.

Actual father*, fuck.

no, he wasn't the actual rather. you had it right

Reposting from last thread:

How would you play a card-based caster without homebrew?
I have been thinking about this for a while and then saw a class specifically for it on the "touch of class" kickstarter thing.
I've been thinking about it and am stuck between a wild-magic sorcerer and a warlock.

WMS would certainly be able to produce the "random" effects quite well. But warlock seems to fit the fluff of magic cards being backed by some otherworldly power.
Thoughts?

Where I live has a population of just under 300, no game store.

Where can I find it?

Player.

>I don't want to use homebrew for a card-based caster
>I saw this homebrew kickstarter I like featuring a card-based caster

user, do you know what homebrew is?

Fluff.

Play Wizard, fluff spellbook as a deck of cards. At the beginning of each long rest, draw as many random spell cards as you can prepare spells. That's your spell loadout for the day. For extra flavor, make it a divination wizard.

You can find most, if not all, of the official books in pdf form in these 5eg threads, there's usually a link to a mega trove in the OP, but because of the very recent turn of events, it may be harder to find.

As for finding somewhere to play, since you say locally is not an option, your best bet is going to be finding a group on a platform like roll20, or tabletop simulator. Roll20 itself can be useful to find such groups, as well other forums and such dedicated to the game, including Reddit.

Before you go searching for random weirdos online to play with, I'd make sure you exhaust all other options. Try to get any friends or coworkers, or whoever to play locally, it will be a lot more fun with people you know; Not that it won't be fun even with people you don't know.

Perhaps it was difficult to follow. The implication was that the touch of class homebrew got me thinking about it again. That's why I brought it up.

I don't want to use homebrew, and I plan to use fluff. I'm just trying to decide which would be more fun and which one would lend better to fluffing?
And also opening up discussion for ways in which you'd do it, if it were you. Just for creativity.

For warlock it seems simple enough.
Eldritch blast could be throwing cards, casting spells could be "drawing" them.

For wild magic, feels more like I'd use a deck of cards as a focus, and due to the random nature of the focus (could be random playing cards), random effects might fire off.

mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

Here you go, young one.
Download everything you can as it might not be there later.

Then give it to everyone you know.

Maybe because Agonizing blast, like Hex and Eldritch Blast, is a de-facto class feature, and was obviously part of the math that went into balancing the class to begin with?

Not every feature is balanced with every feature.

Yeah, I had thought about divination wizard, actually. And this would be a good way to play it.

How would you reconcile int being their casting stat? Just general knowledge of the cards and what they mean/how to use them?

It was literally just taken down, what the fuck do you think is going on?

I would gladly pass up eldritch blast spam in exchange for more spell slots and a bigger spell list

If I didn't enjoy the challenge of being the shittiest and only caster class in the group I would've asked the DM to kill off my character a long time ago.

It's literally already back up twice you goof.

Wild magic fluff feel better

Do what I did and multiclass as soon as you realized Warlock was Eldritch Blast: the Class

Imagine downloading the pdfs and ctrl+f'ing is like a horse and carriage. In this comparison, 5etools is basically a ferrari with a huge bag of crack cocaine in the dashboard.

We got a ton of EXP fast and I didn't realize until I was like level 7, too late to multiclass.

Sorcerer. That way you can Twin Spell your Firebolts and call it a Fiery Deuce.

Yeah, knowledge of the cards and how they relate to his own arcane skill. Of course, you'd be able to do it with most any class that prepares spells, but wizard may be able to pull it off the best.
Plus it brings in an element of randomness I personally enjoy if you do decide to do card draw for your spells. See how well you fare when your wizard draws Alarm, Comprehend Languages, and Tenser's Floating Disk as their spell loadout for the day.

I can understand hex remaining a spell, but seems to me that agonizing blast and eldritch blast should have just been class features.

...And been nerfed. Or rather, reworked.

I would have liked to see EB be a base feature, and then depending on your patron it changes its power/effects. Without expending an invocation for this "power up." Maybe then at level 10 or something (fuck if I know, I haven't done any actual math here), give them agonizing blast for free.

No, it's not. Other people are hosting its corpse.

Instead of cards with the spells or metamagic on them

You cast spells and use Uno Cards to modify their effects

I completely agree. There's lots of "hidden class features" in 5e and while sometimes it's nice to be able to choose a somewhat-less-optimal thing, in a lot of cases it's basically just a huge design error and user experience issue that should've been resolved, rather than left in the finished product

youtube.com/watch?v=FUy0JusaqD0

I wanna get a list together. Mentioning Hunter's Mark to start.

Hah, that'd actually be really fun.
Although I might play it slightly differently.
I'd "deck build" at the beginning of the day and in the event of a fight or something I'd draw a hand of 5 spells, drawing another at the start of every round.

Damn, I'm turning 5e into a TCG.
I can't wait to banish someone to the shadow shadow bobado.

And summon the mighty contstruct Uno Attack to devastate foes?

Fucking lol.

カッコイイ!!!

Pure (non-multiclass) warlocks are either "Close to the middle" or "Squarely in the weakest half of classes (but still very playable)" depending on whether your DM likes to do a lot of "intense but not too aggravated" adventuring days or not. That is to say, adventuring days with many encounters, but where you can still find time for multiple short rests, cause those are what a warlock sorely needs to be worth his salt.

In all cases though, if my excel sheet bashing is reasonably correct, the Warlock needs (something like) agonizing blast pretty early on for their damage values to make any real sense - and they're certainly not in need of anything like a nerf.