Whats the verdict of this Veeky Forums?

Whats the verdict of this Veeky Forums?

Have they said anything else regarding the story and the returning Blood Ravens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQsYP3MQswg
youtube.com/watch?v=82JQ721Y_w8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't look as good as DOW I.

looks worse than two as well

open beta coming up, if its shit, I wont buy it. the end.

Having playing DoW1 and DoW2 in competitive leagues, and being involved in the closed beta for DoW3, I honestly think this is the worst of the series so far. They've replaced every member of the original dev team and it shows. It feels like a completely different game and many of the changes they made were seemingly without cause.

I can't comment on the campaign story, not for any NDA-related reasons but because so far there isn't one. The closed testing has been 100% multiplayer, with all single-player options disabled.

I already paid for it because I know even if it's shit, I'll put 100 hours in anyway

That being said, yeah it's definitely going to be worse than DoW1. My hopes is it incrementally improves with the expansions. I'm not saying the Risk mode has to come back, but it would be nice.

No mentions of Thaddeus,hair gel,Cyrus,Tarkus,diomedies, and Martellus worries me

Since we can only comment on the MP, I think what I've seen makes the game look like a very silly SC2 clone. The unit highlights and the overall visual style makes the game not appreciable to the eye, unlike SC2. The big spell and damage effects don't have that WHAM feel of big spell and damage effects. Nevermind how you can just walk away from those.

And on top of that, a heavy dose of musical chairs.

>what's the verdict of this game that hasn't come out yet?

Looks "full of new ideas"

Heres a picture full of their ideas.

If you guys watch the newest trailer in their channel, you'll notice that you have to unlock all the paints in the army painter.

>inb4 can only buy paints with dlc

Those colors look so awful. The art style just pushes the hideousness to the forefront.

Angelos confirmed for ugliest marine ever lived, rivaled only by plague marines.

I'm really going to have to hold my thought until I can actually play the campaign.

Why is he twice the size as the others, do marines grow like orks now?

Think thats suppose to be Terminator Armor

Having played the beta: I like it. Yes, it's different from the first two, but you find enough elements of comparison for it to deserve its name: besides the universe, the game plays a bit like 2 in the beginning (when you have a few squads cqpping everywhere, trying not to get eaten), and much more like 1 in the end. The major difference is the TTK imo: battle are now really killy, which I find coherent with the 40k-verse.
The customization aspect is also neat (not talking about the army painter, but doctrines + elites).
On its own, I think it's a really fine game fir now. Waiting for the campaign to confirm this (but we don't have any information besides what we've seen of it in a few videos).

I don't see what people don't like in the art style. Units based on tiny plastic men look like tiny plastic men.
Besides, it will allow the game to run on your toaster, contrary to DoW2 which on release was pretty computer heavy for the time.

>Besides, it will allow the game to run on your toaster, contrary to DoW2 which on release was pretty computer heavy for the time.
>It looks awful because we wanted the toaster audience.

This is not a positive selling point. Moreso if you are not the toaster welfare race.

>Besides, it will allow the game to run on your toaster
Not for nothing but if you can't get an RTS to run on a toaster, there's a problem. It's one of the most toaster-friendly genres out there.

Why is Gorgutz leading the Bad Moons now?

>He must be so big because he's in the foreground
>Nope, there's a marine standing right in front of him
>He's the size of a dreadnaught, he's also bounding through the air

wot

So it is, still seems too big

The site basically says "the campaign will explain it" which to me says "we didn't want 2 red factions in the first edition of this game"

They could have just not used Gorgutz. Say he died on Kaurava or something.

So is it more focused on fewer, more complex units?

Is it more micro-manage-y?

Lots of little regular units with a few elite units you'll carry through missions (think like the honor guard)

I presume this is bait so well done. But no, RTS are pretty cpu-heavy most of the time - unless it uses sprites instead of full 3D models and has no effects whatsoever.
Most units have abilities to micro (especially the elite units), but there are a lot of units to micro, so it's difficult to use all of them efficiently at my level at least

A novel is coming out about the game.

So what is this ultimate evil that all the factions must unite to defeat?

.....Chaos. What the fuck else would it be?

Nids and Crons are for DLC.

>.....Chaos. What the fuck else would it be?

Tau

Different clues in the videos they've shown suggest Necrons

What clues?

>sir you have grown ten feet since we last crossed paths.

Yes I was gifted this dreadnought armor for valour against an unspeakable foe of epic power and detestable influence.

>t-that looks like brother Varkus's dreadnought chassis...I can see the name scratched and painted over!

Yes a grand gift indeed.

>Units based on tiny plastic men look like tiny plastic men.

No they don't you fucking liar. Space Marine models are stout and fat bastards with incredibly thick limbs and dense proportions, and with the right skill can be easily painted to look far better than the fucking garbage graphics this game has. It's clear you don't play the tabletop if you seriously think these Buzz Lightyear shitheads look like anything on the table.

I bet they'll explain this with him being 90% bionic replacements somehow.

Bionic replacements didn't turn Calgar into Mega Man, it didn't turn Cawl into Iron Man, and it shouldn't turn Angelos into a gymnastics terminator.

>instalment
>INSTALMENT
Way to screw up a two paragraphs long advertisement

Someone call the Ordo Grammaticus

Others having played the beta described the pacing as awful and being a cross between an RTS and a MOBA. Early victories didn't seem to affect your chances of winning much and with elites being highly decisive in your chances of winning. End game balance of units and elites seemed to be shit as well.

The art style is a major fucking departure from the realistic grit and takes to much after Starcrat 2/Warcraft.

>nu-relic

The trailers have already spoiled that they're clearly on a tombworld.

There was an old relic worth it?

Those models would look terrible in a PS1 game.

You say that but, I remember the Smurfs movie.

>Death Watch kill teams are considered early game spammable units

If we don't get another hilariously overacted space marine character I'll be upset.

>"we get our lore from 1d4chan"
>"let's copy starcraft 2"
>"because we love ripping off blizzard, let's make all hero characters taller than the rest"

Fuck these guys.

It's an RTS. In DoW1 you could go through several companies of space marines in a single match.

A lot of that height can be attributed to the fact that he's taking a jump from a running start.

>but terminators running and jumping is stupid
Yes. Yes it is.
>but he's still too tall even if you take off that height
Yep.

IDIOT

They are a Elite Unit, thus you get only one per player. Also if they get killed then they simply cooldown until you can recruit them again, and every kill stretches the cooldown even further.

THEY ARE THE REVERSE OF SPAMMABLE YOU TROLL.

What do you want this time? I'm a little busy.

Actually it is. Not everyone has a gaming computer that can run every game at 4k resolution 120 fps.

Having lower spec requirements broadens your audience. It is also why program optimization is a thing.

>watch the gameplay
>Coh2 players think that the game's fine.
welp

Well clearly that faggot theory about the Reubans being Thousand Sons descendants is confirmed for bullshit, because clearly the main Babe Gabe is their Primarch.

Blood Ravens = Missing legion II/XI confirmed.

What the fuck is the story

They haven't mentioned ANY past Blood Ravens besides Gabe and Jonah

Look at the fucking size of him. He's a Primarch.

Looks like starcraft 2 and I'll never forgive them for that.

But really my ideal 40k game would be a total war-scale combat with battlefleet gothic armada for "naval battles"

>there are larger than average marines

Barban Falk of the iron warriors stood a head taller than most marines. Kharn and Abaddon are also described as being larger than average

They are all dead user

Hairgel and Thaddeus got tricked currently crusading

Any source to these claims?

Looks like they tried to turn DoW into Starcraft by stripping everything that added soul to it and then added giant units and MOBA-like stuff such as bushes just because that's what all the cool kids want.
The projectiles are all REALLY slow for some reason and the colors and terrain look diluted.

I mad

I'll take tighter gameplay and larger armies than the floatiness of the previous two games.

And I hate to break it to you, but all your complaints are literally just buzzwords. "It's similar to X" is not a valid con.

>tighter gameplay than the floatiness of DoW2

nigga, if you didn't play the game just say it.

>spending half a match with 3 Chaos marines and cultists
>having maybe 3 squads of Orks and 1 killa Kan is considered a waaagh

I don't care what anyone thinks, the cap in 2 was unforgivable

The story feels kind of wonky: In that weird planet there's an artifact known as the Spear of Khaine, which an eldar wants for shits and gigs, the orks want it because they are orks and Gabe wants to destroy it because he thinks it's corrupted (and not because its vile xeno tech or because it would screw over the xenos, that would be smart). Why the hell would Gabe know more than the eldar about their own artifact is beyond me, must have been gifted the info along some Primarch templates he used to buff himself up. Also why the fuck does Jonah look younger and like a literal blackface? Seriously, he looks like a macho racist parody of what he used to be.

Where'd you hear those story details?

>talking about caps when i was responding to you talking about a lack of tight gameplay

nothing screams "not an argument" more than responding to something i wasn't commenting on. way to be a dumb faggot user

This and i swear i saw something at the website (before being utterly disgusted at the fact that they are releasing preorder skin packs. The fuck mate.) Gonna dig around to try and find the bit where they talked about it.

>tfw liivii likes robodick now after he failed to protect taldeer and she got put into a wraithboner

Whoops, wrong version. Kinda scared they did a PEGI version, don't wanna think about the implications of that.

Is macha rebeling?

>just buzzwords
>"It's similar to X" is not a valid con.

Whatever you say captain

Bad idea user. We already see what they do when the get creative with how terminators move...

New Ork Warboss would be capable of gravitic liftoff from a seated position, without assistance. And probably the size of a epic tank with the visual cues of a Hive Tyrant. Not what we want.

Looks like it, i think it was along the lines of her not wanting the spear to be obtained either. Inb4 they go full goto and have Macha and Gabe joining in jolly cooperation (although to be fair it wouldn't be the first time the Eldar and the Imperium join forces).

youtube.com/watch?v=82JQ721Y_w8

Same dude here, this is pretty much what they've got so far. Shit looks way too flashy for a 40k game, the fuck.

The Emperor

Has forsaken us

>What the fuck is the story
Officially, the Blood Ravens are a chapter of unknown founding and unknown primarch whose oldest records dates on M37. Their greatest hero is Azariah Vidya, who set they way of war until Kyras ruined everything.
There is a theory between DoW and HH fans that they are from loyalists Thousand Sons, which is based that in fluff both have shitload of psykers, having the color red and being disliked by the Space Wolves.
The biggest link until recently was the Corvidae Cult led by Revuel Arvida, who weren't in Prospero when Russ tore it a new one, so they went to Terra to find what happened, but he was affected by the flesh change, and it took Malcador and a piece of Magnus (long story) to save him, by the piece fusing with Arvida and creating a new being named Janus, who joins the proto-Grey Knights.

>Overwatch is in first person and has microtransactions like a CoD ripoff so it's shit

Is essentially your argument

Where did I even mention micro transactions?
What do micro transactions have to do with the visual or gameplay side of things?

>All 40k games that have looked promising like Deathwing turned out to be shit

so maybe the one 40k game that looks shit on the outset might turn out to be good?

>They've replaced every member of the original dev team and it shows.

Relic has a bad habit of doing this between every game release. By the time the existing team has learned how their ass backwards engine works properly they've left, or THQ has gone bankrupt, or whatever and then a whole new team makes the next sequel or expansion pack with predictable results.

Then by the time THEY figure out how Relic's ass backwards engine works...

Not him, but let's break down why you're a retarded asshole and also wrong. From his post at :

>Looks like they tried to turn DoW into Starcraft by stripping everything that added soul to it

So here he's saying the game lacks charisma. An intangible and subjective quality, but nevertheless a valid criticism from his POV.

> then added giant units and MOBA-like stuff such as bushes just because that's what all the cool kids want.

Here he suggests that they've comprimised the feel of the original by adding in things to appeal to a mainstream.

>The projectiles are all REALLY slow for some reason and the colors and terrain look diluted.

This pretty much needs no explaination, it's an aesthetic criticism.

I don't even have to agree with that user to know you're talking shit. If you think that's all buzzwords then you a) don't know what buzzword means and b) are probably just either a butthurt fanboy or a tryhard trying super hard to be a smartass and failing.

So the Blood Ravens aren't even Thousand Sons. They're just some guy's Dudes.

I've heard that the whole game is basically like plants vs zombies where 2 armies charge at each other up the same map with only 3 lanes, trying to reach others core

It sounds hilariously bad.

>tfw you will NEVER have a Total War scale 40k game with huge armies with loads of tanks, titans, and infantry
>tfw you will NEVER have that same game that uses spaceships for naval battles
>tfw you will NEVER have this game let you do a galactic conquest mode

That said, people says that the White Dwarf issue about the Burning of Prospero brings back the theory, almost saying that the OG Blood Ravens were what was left of a Thousand Sons offshot.

Veeky Forums im scared

what if 40k never gets a good game again?

BFG and space hulk were gud

not amazing, but gud

So dark crusade is still the best dawn of war game?

I was criticizing that everyone's always like "oh game Y shows elements of being similar to this genre that normies like now so that automatically means it's shit" not saying he didn't have some valid criticisms

>Why the hell would Gabe know more than the eldar about their own artifact is beyond me
It is said somewhere that there is an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, who brought help from the Deathwatch. He/she may told Gabriel about the legends of the "wandering world" and why it would be a bad idea let anyone else touch the spear.

I hope the Blood Ravens are loyal Thousand Sons.

I think there is an autistic HH author who says he will never allow it

HH has fucking ruined 40k lore holy fuck

At least Goulding does not work there anymore.
Dammit ADB, you made like the Night Lords and you had fucked it up with this.